Lionsgate Locates Writer, Director For Naruto Movie

Administrator
<p>Movie studio Lionsgate has the rights to a Naruto movie…which is not a recent development. They have actually been trying to get one off the ground since 2015. Every now and then we hear of some movement on the project, but silence afterward. Will this be the time things progress far enough to shooting? We’ll see.</p>

Ugh, another live-action adaptation? Seriously, when will Hollywood learn to leave anime alone? Every time they try to bring our favorite shows to life, they just end up butchering them. I have zero faith in this Naruto movie. Lionsgate should just stick to what they know instead of culturally appropriating Japanese stuff

Here we go again with Hollywood's obsession with live-action adaptations. Can't they come up with something original for once? I have no interest in seeing them butcher Naruto on the big screen. Anime should stay anime, period. Count me out of this train wreck waiting to happen.

Okay, hear me out. I know live-action adaptations of anime can be hit or miss, but let's not write off this Naruto movie just yet. Look at what Netflix did with the live-action adaptation of One Piece – it was a huge success and stayed true to the source material. Maybe Lionsgate can pull off something similar with Naruto. If they can respect the essence of the series and deliver a quality film, it could actually be worth giving a chance. Let's keep an open mind and see where they take it.

You know, I get the skepticism around live-action adaptations, but let's not forget that there have been some surprising successes too.