Hey guys,

Here's the idea of this thread.
We, toku fans, can never be completely satisfied with a show, because we're stupid fanboys and fangirls complaining about absolutely everything.
Even when we say "this is my favorite show ever"for two weeks, we're just trying to avoid discussions because we know we will find flaws after some thinking, but we don't want to because that show would lose its well deserved (two week long) status.

So, what can we do??

Let's write our own show !

The rules.

- Let's write the plot. Basically, we would need to end up with a mix of the description of the first episode what you can see in the plot section (a long and detailled one) of a wikipedia entry.
- We will write the whole story. No need to imagine the episodes.
- Each entry will be three sentences maximum. No restriction on the length of your sentence, but obviously, don't overuse the semicolon just to make your entry longer.
- No theme before some build-up. It would be cool to find a theme that perfectly matches the beginning of the plot we've been writing.
- Same goes for villains.

Constraints

We know that in the end, we all want a show that's "edgy" whatever that means.
But let's not forget our target audience: kids.
The ideas can be scary, gruesome, death is not a taboo, etc.
We've seen that before in many Sentai shows. But we want to avoid really dark tones (like this PR fan movie that we all funded but that's nowhere to be seen).
Also I'm gay so I don't care about gay characters. But let's not fall into BL, or gay romance as seen by some fangirls (yup, sorry, I can say when a BL love has been written by girls).
If you think that's in contradiction with the idea that we have to stick to our target audience, I'll answer that it's okay for kids to see gays on screen if they're not made fun of and if it doesn't get too much attention compared to other subplots.

Concerning the themes of the heroes and the villains.

We know that everybody will want to have their theme used.
When we arrive to that point of the scenario, you'll have to explain why you chose that theme and not another, based on what was previously written.
After some discussion, we will vote for the best theme.
Also, when we're at that point, use this header.
THEME

About the design
Also, when we've found them, you're welcome to posts some design sketches !
If you do so, use the header
DESIGN

About discussions.
Everytime you'll want to discuss any ideas, etc, please write down that this is a discussion reply with the header.
DISCUSSION

About the layout
Please copy-paste or quote the text from the previous entry and then hide it when you post your reply.
This way, nobody gets lost and noone has to go back to read the whole story again.​

Hope you like the idea !

Let's write the best Sentai ever ! (for the next two weeks)

Tokyo, 2015, 6.30 am.
Zoom up on an alarm clock, a cup of coffee, a toothbrush, a school bag, shoes.
Everybody in town wakes up to go to work and school. One salaryman leaves his apartment silently, not to wake up his son.

He wanted to get to work as soon as possible. He's working on a project, that if it worked, will have make everyone happy. When his boss picked him and 2 others to work on the project, he knew that it will mean a promotion for everyone who work on the project if it's successful. What he doesn't know, at the time, is that a monster who could pass for Lord Zedd was spying on him.