Pokemon master!
I've been trying to do LP videos from my digicam but I've finally decided to get video capture gear for my laptop... and I would like to create some LP video with my fellow HJU members =)

I was thinking of doing LPs for Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombies... just basically us running around laughing, kicking and scream while we try to survive. I'm trying to list other games for LPs as well, if anyone has any ideas, I'm completely open minded.

If anyone would like to take part in this project, add my PSN: BRiGHTDoWN85 (as it is) and add me on MSN: paul@changethestation.net. Make sure you have a PS3 and a microphone/headset for communication.

This is a trial project for fun, and I might just open a youtube channel for it. Let me know what you guys think?

The Captain, LIKE A BOSS
i think i shall join you on that...............as soon as i can get a mic:redface2:

Last edited:
Lurker
It sounds interesting.

How about a Mortal Kombat king of the hill run? Or the Uncharted 3 Beta?

Pokemon master!
It sounds interesting.

How about a Mortal Kombat king of the hill run? Or the Uncharted 3 Beta?

I haven't had the chance to try out Uncharted 3 yet, I've read the reviews, so that's on my list. I haven't gotten my hands on MK yet, but that is a must on my list too. Just right now, I want to cover games with 4 player cooperative, and for PS3, COD is a candidate. I'm probably gonna head to GameStop and look at their selection and post a few titles tonight.

Pokemon master!
^ just added you.

Just bought a capture card today at my local computer store for $56... for something this cheap, I'm not expecting too much. However, I had a little fun shopping for parts and getting to play around with this card.

Here's a BETA for what the Let's Play will look like for the time being.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsE-SqHs0Qw"]YouTube - ‪HJU Let's Play! BETA testing.‬‏[/ame]

Just a few suggestions based on the video you posted.

• Please tell me you're not keeping that "Duel. CAM" bullshit. It's incredibly distracting.
  • Record at the resolution you intend your video to be. That black border's really distracting. I know you're using a new capture card, but mess with it and your software a bit to get rid of 'em.
  • Silence your phone while recording, or at least stop recording while you deal with it. On the up side, thank god you didn't answer it.
  • Wow, that's some awful framerate at times. Please tell me that's lag from the PS3 and not a terrible recording.

Pokemon master!
Just a few suggestions based on the video you posted.

• Please tell me you're not keeping that "Duel. CAM" bullshit. It's incredibly distracting.
  • Record at the resolution you intend your video to be. That black border's really distracting. I know you're using a new capture card, but mess with it and your software a bit to get rid of 'em.
  • Silence your phone while recording, or at least stop recording while you deal with it. On the up side, thank god you didn't answer it.
  • Wow, that's some awful framerate at times. Please tell me that's lag from the PS3 and not a terrible recording.

I noticed the lag... couldn't remember if it was from the recording or from the network. Regardless, I'm considering my options and going top of the line for my video quality.

The "Duel CAM" tag was also just there for testing purposes, if there are other players that submit their stuff to me, I would kinda have to keep the tags on to prevent confusion, I could simply just minimize the font.

The resolution and the black boxes were something I couldn't get rid of, or didn't explore enough options, I used Cyberlink PowerDirector for the capture... because I use that to edit my vlogs as well. I'm still looking for software better than this.

LOL and that was the only time my phone went off, and the MMPR Communicator tone is when I get text messages, I don't answer my phone while I play. Unless my girlfriend is getting impatient.

There's many things for me to fix and more money to pump, and I appreciate the feedback.

Super Rider
That sounds incredibly fun and I'd so join if I didn't hate the sound of my own voice :laugh:

The only suggestion I could give with the lag issue is maybe do some more test recordings, some on the network and some not. Whichever set is laggier gets taken out back and shot.

If you're gonna have multiple people submitting footage from the same game...well, your best bet is either gonna be to toss that idea out the window and stick with one cameraman (most likely you), or giving each perspective their own video. Splicing multiple peoples' footage into one video is just going to get confusing.

Yeah, there is definitely better software out there. I'd suggest Virtualdub for recording, AviSynth/VDubMod for editing, and MeGUI for encoding. It's a bit of a pain in the ass to get used to, but it works really well.