English dubs exist of Ryuki, 555, Blade, Kabuto, Den-o...aired on the kids channel here in Singapore...translation is not bad, only questionable thing is the acting. ack, I couldn't really stand it but it's improved slightly over the years.
I'd catch an ep here and there if I wake up on time on Sundays though. Mainly for the opening song.

I haven't seen Den-O ones but I've seen those CN dubs of Ryuki-Kabuto. I'm not too comfortable with them, to be honest.

For example, in Blade, Kenzaki says "Tachibana" a lot, and "Tachibana"'s pronunciation was Americanized to something like "Tuhchibuhnuh." Probably a minor nitpick, but it really turned me off.

Kamen Rider Beserker
There were also a dubbed version of Ultraman Taro and Jonias (though this is in compilation movies) both of which you can get bootleg versions of on dvd

Phillipines.

That dub is pretty awesome.
The thing I find interesting about Toku in America is the fact that the people who really enjoy it are the Baby Boomers. When they watch Power Rangers, VR Troopers, or Masked Rider, they are instantly reminded of Ultraman, and Space Giants, and Starman.

Hell, my Dad is a prime example of this. The whole reason I watched MMPR was because my dad introduced me to it.

My dad grew with Ultraman and Godzila and passed it to me , though I picked up Ultraman later.

Dubbed in America? Ha. The sad thing is that Japanese tokusatsu will have an uphill battle against homegrown American science fiction and fantasy series, especially as many genre conceits in toku aren't things that work well with demographics other than children (America is a culture that disdains children's stuff once they hit puberty, but swings back once they reach adulthood).

And the reason the Bioman and Kabuto dubs aren't bad are because they aren't American. :p

Modern Homegrown American scifi and fantasy series are for retards. I'd rather shoot myself than watch one all the way through because they are either:
-Half assed
-boring and long drawn, like a soap opera.
-have effects, but be soulless rubbish with no heart.
-it's all dark and emo here.

They somehow lost what made scifi and fantasy good here and threw it into the crapper. Sure teens might "act" liek they hate it, but really, being a teenager myself, "kid's things" are all the rage and still are in a sense.

The genre conceits of toku CAN work with adults , look at Smallville, Batman [Begins]...they were successful and popular due to that. Look at GARO for Christ's sake and tell me it couldn't work here. If dubs are frowned on, why not give it a dark gritty Medieval spin in a retelling?

I'm done seeing dark and emo sci-fi/fantasy only ,why not sci-fi that isn't all that and embodies the soul and spirit of the old days. Lost in Space , Star Trek... all those older scifi shows were pretty much similar if not the same in concept.

The big fact of the matter is that for all what Americans say their stuff is better, but in reality the film industry of the 50's through the 70's were ran by a bunch of pussies who never dared to venture to innovative and different methods of special effects as well as in their sci-fi films and shows, god forbid it being blasted as a suit. It has to be said that clay stop motion looked less authentic in my opinion. It kinda went dry after awhile.

The only uphill battle is with convincing Americans. Americans are largely a dumb confederation of sheep that will follow anything and kill each other for a lower price for merchandise from a popular show and film. You make it the **** , people will come. You can easily deride opposition by calling them racist bigots and throwing them out the industry door [blacklisting] and we know how the media can instantly silence people.

With the advertising venue today, you can convince anyone and make any show or show popular.

I'd love to see the Ryuki-Kabuto dubs. I do recall a Canadian dub of Turboranger, dubs of Goranger and JAKQ, and the pilots of Sun Vulcan from Marvel.

Kuuguitar
That dub is pretty awesome.

My dad grew with Ultraman and Godzila and passed it to me , though I picked up Ultraman later.

Modern Homegrown American scifi and fantasy series are for retards. I'd rather shoot myself than watch one all the way through because they are either:
-Half assed
-boring and long drawn, like a soap opera.
-have effects, but be soulless rubbish with no heart.
-it's all dark and emo here.

They somehow lost what made scifi and fantasy good here and threw it into the crapper. Sure teens might "act" liek they hate it, but really, being a teenager myself, "kid's things" are all the rage and still are in a sense.

The genre conceits of toku CAN work with adults , look at Smallville, Batman [Begins]...they were successful and popular due to that. Look at GARO for Christ's sake and tell me it couldn't work here. If dubs are frowned on, why not give it a dark gritty Medieval spin in a retelling?

I'm done seeing dark and emo sci-fi/fantasy only ,why not sci-fi that isn't all that and embodies the soul and spirit of the old days. Lost in Space , Star Trek... all those older scifi shows were pretty much similar if not the same in concept.

The big fact of the matter is that for all what Americans say their stuff is better, but in reality the film industry of the 50's through the 70's were ran by a bunch of pussies who never dared to venture to innovative and different methods of special effects as well as in their sci-fi films and shows, god forbid it being blasted as a suit. It has to be said that clay stop motion looked less authentic in my opinion. It kinda went dry after awhile.

The only uphill battle is with convincing Americans. Americans are largely a dumb confederation of sheep that will follow anything and kill each other for a lower price for merchandise from a popular show and film. You make it the **** , people will come. You can easily deride opposition by calling them racist bigots and throwing them out the industry door [blacklisting] and we know how the media can instantly silence people.

With the advertising venue today, you can convince anyone and make any show or show popular.

I'd love to see the Ryuki-Kabuto dubs. I do recall a Canadian dub of Turboranger, dubs of Goranger and JAKQ, and the pilots of Sun Vulcan from Marvel.

180px-%E4%BA%95%E4%B8%8A%E6%95%8F%E6%A8%B9.jpg

Plus, the suits don't like dubs - they don't have as much creative control over dubbed foreign shows as much as they do with their own IPs.

180px-%E4%BA%95%E4%B8%8A%E6%95%8F%E6%A8%B9.jpg

Plus, the suits don't like dubs - they don't have as much creative control over dubbed foreign shows as much as they do with their own IPs.

You recall Robotech and Ultraman? Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball .... many shows have been altered with creative control. Not as much as per say , creating your own show, but enough. You can do ANYTHING with a foreign show in the constraints of its footage, it takes CREATIVITY and EFFORT. You can make a dub as far away from the original story , cut and rearrange footage to your liking , and lets' not forget the censoring.

Why not "Robotech" or "Voltron" a trilogy of similar looking Sentai and Kamen Riders into an epic sci-fi adventure? Bioman-Flashman easily could be made as a trilogy spanning series while Maskman, Turboranger and Fiveman could be made as another series.

Take Faiz,Blade and Kabuto.You could make the lead hero be the same guy like James Bond or like Doctor Who with each "reincarnation".

You could do the same thing with Sentai, but that wouldn't be fun really, would it?

With cost versus profit, a dub pretty much wins over any "Saban Moon" economically if done right. Even if done comedically and with cheese, a dub in the long run is as versatile of a tool as remaking it.

I admit I was a bit harsh on modern Ameircan series, but I have found most of them trying to be dumbed down or not as captivating/attention grabbing as I'd like them to be. Many of the ones I liked are cancelled or not on the air any longer, wth the ones that recently got an end like LOST/Smallville just veered the show into nonsense/cliffhanger.

This part confuses me right here.

http://forums.henshinjustice.net/showthread.php?t=73982

Scroll down to the part about the MorphinBrace. Heck, the fact that "Morphin" is even in the name is enough to make me cringe..

As I've said before, I'm not a Power Rangers fan. So I get turned off when I see things from Power Rangers intersecting with Super Sentai. Never should the two worlds meet, if you ask me. And yes, I know Morph and Morphing are real words with real definitions, but come on... After Power Rangers, you can't say that word anymore without thinking about Power Rangers, can you?

It's been acknowledged for awhile. Why you think Keith blurts it out all the time.:sweat:

Really? And how many official sources do you have? The only source I have is the English version of the Kamen Rider Kuuga theme where Chou Henshin was translated to Metamorphing, but I always thought of that as a fluke really.

Banned
I love when Sentai and PR elitists say things. Always makes me laugh.. :laugh::anime:

二番目の翻訳者
As I've said before, I'm not a Power Rangers fan. So I get turned off when I see things from Power Rangers intersecting with Super Sentai. Never should the two worlds meet, if you ask me. And yes, I know Morph and Morphing are real words with real definitions, but come on... After Power Rangers, you can't say that word anymore without thinking about Power Rangers, can you?

The morphin' brace seems pretty obviously intended as a PR ref, to me. There's no other reason to spell it the way they do.

I mean, I'm sorry it bugs you, but the creators of Sentai clearly don't feel the same way you do about PR.

I love when Sentai and PR elitists say things. Always makes me laugh.. :laugh::anime:

Oh, no, I'm hardly an elitist. I just know what I like and I know what I don't like. My complaint about GoBusters is purely me. I know there are fans of both Power Rangers and Sentai, and they'll probably love GoBusters, but this is just one of the very few things I just don't like. I had no problem shrugging off the Battlizer in the Magi VS Deka special, but now it just feels like it's all starting to get a little too much...

The morphin' brace seems pretty obviously intended as a PR ref, to me. There's no other reason to spell it the way they do.

I mean, I'm sorry it bugs you, but the creators of Sentai clearly don't feel the same way you do about PR.

So does this mean the creators at Toei like and enjoy Power Rangers? I guess I'm just a little confused about this. Zyu2 footage aside, I know that Toei prefers not to get involved with Power Rangers and prefers to keep the Ranger suits and mecha/megazord suits. It was my understanding that they only dub Power Rangers in Japanese to make more money.