Johnny Caps submitted a new blog post

Lessons I've Learned From 80s Movies
llf80smpic5.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

I like the past also. In fact, sometimes I watch TV sitcoms and movies specifically from the 1970s (I was born in 1976.) and the 1980s, a decade I am less in love with, but interesting, nonetheless. Anyway, I think those were simpler times and that's a big part of the appeal. I mean, why else would I watch shows like Good Times or What's Happening? I mean, they're not bust out laughing funny, but just sort of cute - and especially innocent.

Oh, and the music? Well, I've never liked music from my time that much. Note, the 90s music wasn't bad stuff, but I've always been more enthralled by 60s and 70s soul, rock etc. so definitely, my taste is music is incredibly geeky, to say the least.

Pretty awesome, I was born in the 90's so really didn't watch much 80's material. If I did it was most likely slasher and monster films but growing up some movies and films help teach lessons, whether they were intentional or not. That is one thing I love about cartoons and movies, though they may be sometimes fantasy with slapstick humor and action they can tell a good story and give a good message.

In the 80s and 90s the movies were relatively slow in pace and that often made some thrill too. I think a lot of new movies are heavy on CGI even for small scenes. So often that may not be good for the viewers. So people tend to go back and watch old films. A you can see they have that pace where you can actually feel some thrill. Scifi and fantasy at that time was in peak but failed on CGI front. Music in that time was soothing to compared to what we have now.

This is so amazing what you have said in that post. I am born in the 90's so I am not much of an 80's fans. I have seen some movies based on my father's suggestions. Since I am used to the tech movies now it was a different experience for me. But the one good thing about the old movies and shows is that they always come with a moral lesson and a valuable message which many of the films of the recent days lacks.