A simple passerby...
That's true. I'm talking about one page! Just only one page that I've just read!

Sorry but this is where you're at fault. One page DOESN'T mean you've read the script nor do you have any say on how well it's written. Talk about acting overly excited over a single page.

Read my smart post
Joss Whedon is doing this movie. Do I need to remind you guys that he created two of the greatest cult television programs ever? and in my opinion the two best television shows ever? Firefly and Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Banned
Joss Whedon is doing this movie. Do I need to remind you guys that he created two of the greatest cult television programs ever? and in my opinion the two best television shows ever? Firefly and Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

I prefer Angel to both of those.

Read my smart post
I prefer Angel to both of those.

David Greenwalt is 75% responsible for making Angel what it was.

On many occasions Joss said he never understood Angel, and that's why he had to tear him down. I honestly felt Joss was happy to get Angel off of BtVS because he didn't connect to his character the same way he did with someone like Xander.

I liked the Fang Gang a lot more than the Scoobies. As a guy I liked the "noir" theme of Angel a lot more than the "happy and sunny" feel of Buffy. I also liked that action and drama were more important than romance. But, I always felt BtVS had better stories, during Angel seasons 4 and 5 I did feel that the show really began to reach it's potential though. Except for that awful Jasmine Arc.

When The Fruit Of Life Corrupts Men
On many occasions Joss said he never understood Angel, and that's why he had to tear him down.

How can you not understand a character that YOU YOURSELF CREATED? :sly:

Nice post!!
You can have different ideas than other creators, maybe? Like how Jack Kirby and Stan Lee never agreed about the Silver Surfer.

Read my smart post
How can you not understand a character that YOU YOURSELF CREATED? :sly:

Angel was a character Joss never wanted to put in BtVS. The female producers/writers had to convince Joss that the show needed for Buffy to have a dark brooding boyfriend, and some eye candy for the ladies (i'm straight I swear lol). Through the natural progression of the character and David being a great actor, they decided near the end of season 2 that Angel needed to leave Sunnydale and have his own show, which was why season 3 is entirely dedicated to slowly convincing the viewer that Buffy and Angel's romance was doomed, but they still had feelings.

Joss further reinforces the fact he never understood Angel in season 8, when he rips Angel apart, which is something most of the fandom is pretty pissed about, and something I hope gets corrected in season 9.

Need I remind you that your statement is only valid for Joss Whedon Shows, because in my opinion, his work on non self created properties is far less than stellar.