boogie woogie feng shui
Why are most Americans to lazy to watch films with subs anyway?

1. Because most Americans are uneducated or undereducated, so reading isn't part of their daily/weekly/annual routine.

And 2. Since foreign languages are different, they're intimidated or alienated by them and have to have everything in English.

Also, it can be attributed to just plain laziness. I worked in a video store for 4 years, and tried many times to get people to watch foreign films. 9 times out of ten, people just didnt want to have to read. They wanted films that were just plain fluff, and to them having to read was ALREADY too much work for them. Oh well, I tried my best.

somehow I don't really like the idea of someone becoming a hero from a zero ... *click*just like that .... still a nice movie tho :198:

boogie woogie feng shui
Well, "moving up the ranks" is a stereotype in HK movies dealing with the 30's time period. It's just another in-joke, really.

DragonfighterX said:
Well, "moving up the ranks" is a stereotype in HK movies dealing with the 30's time period. It's just another in-joke, really.

aah ... i see :anime:

boogie woogie feng shui
Yeah, it's especially prevalent in movies like Chinatown Kid, Boxer From Shantung (even moreso in it's remake, Hero), and Miracles.