Is it just me or does most modern KR fights seem horribly choreographed? Feels like watching drunk hobos brawling.

It really just seems the only reason the kamen rider wins is because they have 'better cg' than the kaijin.

My reasoning is that unlike Super Sentai in which most of the time the rangers have previous fighting experience/skills/magic that allows them to do fine without the suits, most Riders seem to be pretty ordinary dudes pre rider. So it kinda makes sense that in Rider form they are pretty much scrubs in a kick ass suit.

Besides Tendou and the recent Sakamoto KR films, can't really think of many rider's that fight with 'elegance'.

Haven't watched showa rider shows though, do those do it any better?

Banned
Other than Faiz and kabuto, I think KR is pretty well done in this regard.

> Sakamoto
> elegance

What'chu talking about?

But yeah, Agito has some really cool fights.

might need to check that out. Haven't watch that or hibiki of heisei.

And idk. Sakamoto stuff does have a nice flow even if the wire work is a bit unnecessary sometime.

Super Rider
You should watch a real street fight before making comparisons.
Because KR fights are beautiful compared to the hair pulling, windmilling fists, and grappling of the streets.

Besides Tendou and the recent Sakamoto KR films, can't really think of many rider's that fight with 'elegance'.

Most Kabuto Riders aside from Gattack had some pretty obvious fighting styles, not only Tendou.

Haven't watched showa rider shows though, do those do it any better?

Well, they obviously didn't use CG, and most of them didn't have weapons, so you'll get more hand to hand action, but it sounds like you're just looking for martial arts, and, in that case, I don't think you'd find most of them any better. Maybe Super-1 or Black, but that's it.

Most of them are pretty much brawlers. In the early shows, there's even more rough stuff that you won't see in a Heisei series (like grabbing a monster and rolling around the ground or down a hill with it).

You should watch a real street fight before making comparisons.
Because KR fights are beautiful compared to the hair pulling, windmilling fists, and grappling of the streets.

That's what I was thinking.

KR feels like a street fight but held back a bit to keep damage to the suits to a minimum.

You don't see much dismemberment of stuff unless the enemy got tentacles.

Would love to see dino OOO's rip a kaijin's head off with his bare hands ;)

Friendship and the Cosmos.
Have you seen Kuuga? Kuuga got freaking ravaged in some battles.

Supaidaman!
I hadn't likened KR fights to a Street Brawl before, that's a pretty interesting comparison.

Sentai and KR definitely have two different styles when it comes to the fights. I don't think the 'elegance' of Sentai would come across very well in Kamen Rider.

On that comment about older KR being more brutal - Ep 2 of the original series has Rider 1 throwing mooks off a bridge, complete with blood splatters.