Lurker
Decade had that thing be did where he dusted his hands off, but that was it. That looks super strange on a Figuarts.

Decade even does that in the video game, it's all part of his "you're barely worth my time" fighting style.

And what was with that super speed thing Diend would do occassionally?

Those moments were the prefect example of Diend simply looking awkward as he fought.

HEROW
Diend and Accel Trial's speed modes were the most obvious fast-forwarded scenes.

Pro Ninja
OMFG i cant believe you ppl... kamen rider fight scenes are always awesome even down to the actors getting into out of suit fights especially like shotaro in kr W honestly when they do the over the top stuff like the ShaUta combo in OOO the cg was cool but the tajador was pretty bad other than that being able to focus on one character at a time and giving them a defined personality right down to the gestures each rider does like decade wiping his blade when he uses the ride booker sword form or faiz shaking his hand those are things that let you know the battle is about to heat up why hate its a trademark for them just like their catchphrases!!!

Lurker
But at least Accel Trial made it work... With Diend it really seemed out of place, both in concept and execution.

The Ends JustiΦ's the Means
Are we talkin about attacks and styles or actual fight choreography?

Cuz as far as choreography goes, I agree with Bolt. Its been getting better as of late in KR. Putting Koichi Sakamoto's random episodes/movies aside, since his work usually stands out far ahead of the rest, a good example of improved technique is OOO's Tajadoru form. Seiji Takaiwa (im sure i spelled that wrong) does a lot more intricate choreography in this form than he does in any of his other OOO forms. His hand-to-hand combat against Uva a few eps back really caught my eye. Decade and W had some good choreography that reflected their respective styles.

I havent seen all of Kuuga yet, but I can see why it is highly regarded in the action front. Seemed like it had great set pieces and events. But as far as choreography goes, they went for the more rough approach. Maybe its because fancy choreography hadnt quite hit its peak in popularity at that point. But its still fun to watch.

boogie woogie feng shui
OMFG i cant believe you ppl... kamen rider fight scenes are always awesome even down to the actors getting into out of suit fights especially like shotaro in kr W honestly when they do the over the top stuff like the ShaUta combo in OOO the cg was cool but the tajador was pretty bad other than that being able to focus on one character at a time and giving them a defined personality right down to the gestures each rider does like decade wiping his blade when he uses the ride booker sword form or faiz shaking his hand those are things that let you know the battle is about to heat up why hate its a trademark for them just like their catchphrases!!!

Jesus, man, periods and commas, for the love of cake.

Lurker

Cuz as far as choreography goes, I agree with Bolt. Its been getting better as of late in KR. Putting Koichi Sakamoto's random episodes/movies aside, since his work usually stands out far ahead of the rest, a good example of improved technique is OOO's Tajadoru form. Seiji Takaiwa (im sure i spelled that wrong) does a lot more intricate choreography in this form than he does in any of his other OOO forms. His hand-to-hand combat against Uva a few eps back really caught my eye. Decade and W had some good choreography that reflected their respective styles.

I havent seen all of Kuuga yet, but I can see why it is highly regarded in the action front. Seemed like it had great set pieces and events. But as far as choreography goes, they went for the more rough approach. Maybe its because fancy choreography hadnt quite hit its peak in popularity at that point. But its still fun to watch.

I think this thread is about the fighting scenes Kamen Rider as a whole, at least that's how I'm treating it.

I for one loved Decade's fighting style. Nonchalant, confident, and pretty much upright rude, which differed from Kabuto's who used it to bait the enemy. My problem was when Diend came in and how the fighting involving both him and Decade, since they have almost identical fighting styles, did not run smoothly.

In other words, I love Diend's fighting style, minus the sporadic speed boost, I just didn't like to see him in the same fight as Decade.

Friendship and the Cosmos.

Kuuga's fighting tried to be very realistic, as CGI was very limited in 2000. CGI was kept to a minimal, and it was hand to hand combat most of the time. That's probably why they hired Tominaga Kenji instead of Takaiwa (Who was still with Sentai at that time), because as superb as Takaiwa is, he is definitely more of an actor.

The tone of Kuuga was very different, so Tominaga really made it seem like it was Odagiri in the suit fighting. Granted, Odagiri's dubbing over the fights...man were they awesome.

Nere, your collection of Takaiwa pics is fabulous.

Supaidaman!
Decade even does that in the video game, it's all part of his "you're barely worth my time"

Yeah, and they make him nearly useless in Climax Heroes OOO as they leave him vulnerable for a second after every combo he does.

HEROW
But at least Accel Trial made it work... With Diend it really seemed out of place, both in concept and execution.

I don't see how Accel Trial along with Philip and Akiko all running very quickly in fast forward is "making it work".