Descends From Shadows
Hello and welcome to Kamen Rider Xtreme. This is a story that I've working on for about a year or so, and now I'm getting around to actually writing out each episode. It's all text, but just pretend it's a TV series okay. Each episode will be broken up into two parts, part a and part b. This is an experiment of sorts as I'm new to fan fiction so please let your criticism be as constructive as possible.

The Plot:
The story follows Alex Darwin, an orphan who's mother died when he was a child and his father disappeared years later. During a run in with a Dopant (the same kind of Dopant from W) he obtains the X driver (Based on the W Driver) and becomes Kamen Rider Xtreme. He then sets out to take down Dopants wherever they emerge, and uncover the source of the beasts.

Kamen Rider Xtreme
[hide] xtreme_all_forms_by_guncannon109-d6qf6fi.jpg[/hide]

Kamen Rider Gale
[hide]kamen_rider_gale_revamp_by_guncannon109-d6fdqt8.jpg[/hide]

Kamen Rider Rock
[hide]kamen_rider_rock_revamp_by_guncannon109-d6fd63e.jpg[/hide]

Kamen Rider Yuki
[hide]kamen_rider_yuki_revamp_by_guncannon109-d6bwue4.jpg[/hide]

Kamen Rider Ryu-O
[hide]kamen_rider_ryu_o_revamp_by_guncannon109-d6bxdgg.jpg[/hide]

Kamen Rider Fata
[hide]kamen_rider_fata_by_guncannon109-d6dc6eq.jpg[/hide]

Act 1: Dopant Hunter:
Episode 1: Begins Night
Episode 2: Prey and Predator
Episode 3: Wild Fang
Episode 4: Fire Starter
Episode 5: Fuel to the Flames
Episode 6: Waterside Panic
Episode 7: Shifting Tides
Episode 8: Shredder
Episode 9: Wings of Fate

Act 2: Wind and Earth
Episode 10: Disturbance in G Minor
Episode 11: Kamen Rival
Episode 12: Terror of G Major
Episode 13: Common Pace
Episode 14: Fury
Episode 15: Strength of the Earth
Episode 16: Aftershock
Episode 17: An Untimely Farewell

Act 3: Ice and Fire
Episode 18: Y, The Girl Named Snowstorm
Episode 19: Between Comrades
Episode 20: Vows and Ancient Memories
Episode 21: Rise and Fall
Episode 22: Ash and Snow
Episode 23: Calm Before the Storm
Episode 24: The Travellers
Episode 25: Memory Lapse
Episode 26: The Ultimate Xtreme

Kamen Rider Xtreme the Movie (Coming Soon)

Last edited:
Descends From Shadows
Episode 1: Begins Night

A young boy stands in the center of a ruined city. Laser blasts strike the ground next to him, he's is shaken by the impact. As he returns to his feet, two figures flew over top of him. One was yellow and resembled an eagle, she was flying on a glider. The other was red and resembling a dragon, he was projecting fire from the palms of his hands and the soles of his feet to keep himself airborne.

Two motorcycles roared behind the boy, he ducked out of the way as the two riders drove past him. He caught a glimpse of the two as they passed him. One was green with black detailing, the other white with a pale blue.

The boy chased after the two riders down the ruined street. As he turned the corner he spotted a black figure surrounded by a bright light floating between two towers. The boy then noticed the eagle flyer as she hopped on top of her glider and hurled a giant shuriken at the black figure, as the shuriken reached the black figure it instantly shattered upon contact with the light. The eagle flyer's glider is then hit by a laser shot as she spirals out of control hitting the ground next to the boy.

The eagle flyer quickly jumped back on her feet and propelled herself into the air linking up with the dragon flyer.

The green and white riders now a few yards form the boy charge their weapons for their finishers. The two reached their maximum as the green rider smashes the ground with his hammer causing a building to fall down over the black figure, the white rider firing a barrage of katana blades at the same target.

The dragon flyer hurled a wave of fire towards the black figure, as the eagle flyer charges in to take out the target. She is hit and plummeted to the ground exploding on impact.

The boy stood in aw of the destruction right in front of him as the green and white riders charged at the black figure. The green rider was hit by a blast and fell to the ground lifelessly, the white rider following shortly after, her katana flying into the air and stabbing the ground in front of the boy.

The red flyer charged right past the boy and leapt towards the figure. The red flyer hits the ground next to the black figure and hacks away at him with his sword. After a few sword clashes the red flyer is stabbed by the black figure and falls to the ground bursting into flames.

The boy fell to his knees trembling, “This world...â€, he began clenching his legs with his hands “is over.â€

{Insert Opening Credit Sequence}​

The Black figure began to approach the boy a storm brewing overhead as he drew closer.

The boy grabbed the white rider's katana and stood to the face the black figure to see that he has vanished. He then turns to see the cloaked figure directly behind him.

The boy swung the white rider's sword at the black figure, the sword breaking on impact. The remains of the sword was then struck by a bolt of lightning, the boy being sent of his feet from the blow and falling to the ground, the sword flying out of his hands in the process. The roar of thunder and rain begins to drench the ruined city.

The boy's vision began to blur and his eyes shut. He then reopened them to see the ruined city replaced by his bedroom and himself on the floor.

He looked around his room and rested his eyes at the doorway to see Cole standing just outside the door.

“About time you got up, Alex,†Cole said resting his hand on the frame of the door.

“Cole?...†Alex asked in a daze while rubbing his eyes, “What time is it?â€

“Eight o five,†Cole returned, “day two schedule.â€

“Eight o five...†Alex said yawning, “I don't have class until nine forty-five. Go on without me.â€

Cole counted to three on his fingers.

“Wait...†Alex added turning back to Cole, “Did you say day two schedule?â€

“Yep,†Cole returned with a sigh.

Alex stared blankly at the ceiling for a second, after about three seconds his eyes widened. “...Oh my god.â€

“Oh crap, if I'm late one more time Mr. Collins is gonna kill me.†Alex proclaims now brushing his teeth excessively. He stopped for a moment and banged his head against the bathroom mirror. “What's wrong with me?â€

“I'm going on a head!†Cole shouted back to Alex while opening the front door to Alex's apartment.

“Okay.†Alex replied.

“Try not to be too late this time, alright.†Cole added before walking out the front door.

“Hey, I'm never...†Alex began while running out of the bathroom, “that late...†Alex surveyed the room to find that Cole had already left. “Fine, and good riddance too!â€

Toast pops out of a toaster and Alex grabbed it immediately “Ha ha hot,†he said fumbling it a bit. Alex dropped the toast on a plate, spread peanut butter over it and headed for the door.

Alex then grabbed his bag and opened the front door and stopped for a second. He looked over to a picture in a frame. “Bye mom, I'll see you later.†He said before walking out the front door of his apartment.

He existed the building and ran down a small flight of stairs and down the sidewalk to the left of his building. After a few minutes he turned a corner and started walking up a large hillside to West Ardent Secondary School.

After a five minute walk he stopped about halfway up the hill to catch his breath, “Why does this hill have to be so damn big?†He said breathing heavily as a blond haired girl about his age walked up behind him.

“It's not that big, you're just lazy.†The girl said as she walked past Alex.

“Sarah, what are you doing here so early?†He asked returning to his feet, “Don't you have a spare right now?â€

“Yes,†She replied turning to face Alex, “but that's not an excuse for being late.â€

“Preppy as always I see.†Alex whispered beginning to walk again.

“Better to be preppy then lazy.†Sarah said starting back up the hill.

“Hey, that's!†Alex shouted pointing at Sarah, “... uh.â€

Sarah stopped and turned back to face Alex again, “'Uh' what?â€

“Nothing,†Alex returned as he shuffled awkwardly past Sarah, “I'll just ignore that.â€

“As you do with all of your problems,†Sarah retorted, “Honestly Alex, I wonder what your parents must think.â€

Alex stopped dead in his tracks, “Yeah, so do I sometimes...†He mumbled “Anyway...†he added turning back to Sarah with a smirk on his face, “I'd like to stay and chat, but I have class unlike you.â€
He said before dashing up the hill towards the school building.

Sarah stood on the pathway blinking her eyes once or twice “...Man, I just don't get that guy.†She proclaimed before starting off up the hill in the same direction.

About ten minutes later Alex and Cole were in their first period class, PE. The class was outside playing soccer in the field behind the school building, Alex and Cole standing by the goal posts.

“That's incredible Alex, only three minutes late.†Cole proclaimed jokingly, “ a new record.â€

“Yeah, I get it,†Alex said stretching out his legs, “Would you knock it off already?â€

“I could,†Cole began, “but I don't think I will.â€

“Not like I could expect anything else from you,†Alex stated under his breathe.

“Maybe if you weren't off in you're own little world all the time it wouldn't be so easy.†Cole retorted.

“I suppose,†Alex returned “Then again...†He added thinking back to the dream he had this morning.
“Hey, Cole?†He asked as the voice of a male student called out.

“Heads up!†The student shouted as a ball hurled through the air towards Alex.

“Huh?†Alex exclaimed as he looked up to the sky to see a ball whipping through the air and striking him in the face.

“Whack!†Sounded the back of Alex's neck as something hit it.

“Ow!†Alex exclaimed grabbing the back of his neck, his eyes centering on Sarah who was standing directly above him.

It was now third period which was a Science class for Alex, and one of the two classes he had with Sarah Gardner, the student council president.

“Damn it Alex!†Sarah exclaimed while sitting back down in her chair angrily.

“What?†Alex shouted back at Sarah.

“I know you were sleeping, your hand stopped moving!†Sarah yelled back at Alex

“That's no reason to hit me!†Alex retorted.

Sarah let out a big sigh before picking her pencil back up and returning to her work, “Remind me again why we're lab partners again?

“You got me,†Alex returned, “Anyway... wait, what were we doing again?â€

“Review.†Sarah answered.

“Oh, right...†Alex said back, “of?â€

“You're kidding right?†Sarah said glaring at Alex raising an eyebrow, “Molecular compounds.†She said before sticking her nose back in her textbook.

“Right, got it.†Alex stated while flipping through his textbook, “There,†he said setting his book down.

Sarah looks back at Alex and sighs, “Alex.â€

“Yeah?†Alex returns.

“That's chapter seven, molecular compounds are on chapter five.†Sarah informed him.

“Right...†Alex said flipping through his book again, “I knew that.â€

“Sure you did.†Sarah whispers rolling her eyes.

“Uh...†Alex said looking for the right page.

“GAH!†Sarah exclaimed grabbing Alex's textbook “It's right here damn it!†She adds slamming the book down on the correct page.

“... Um, thanks.†Alex said staring blankly at his textbook.

“You're hopeless.†Sarah proclaimed.
It was now fourth period, Mathematics. Alex was sitting behind Cole by a large window that went along the far wall of the classroom.

“She actually said that?†Cole asked.

“Yeah,†Alex returned , “didn't care that the whole class was listening.â€

“Maybe she was trying to make an example out of you.†Cole retorted.

“'Follow school rules or face my wrath!'†Alex said while mimicking Sarah's voice.

“You do know she's sitting right on the other side of the room right?†Cole asked while gesturing over to Sarah who was glaring back at them.

“Yeah, I know.†Alex returned with a slight chuckle.

“Do you care?†Cole asked leaning back against the window.

“Not really.†Alex said finishing up the last few questions on the worksheet that the class was given. “and, done,†Alex said placing down his pencil and walking up to the front of the room.

“Ms. Foster?†Alex asked to the teacher trying to get her attention, “I'm done.†he added handing her the completed handout.

“Thank you Alex.†Ms. Foster said taking the worksheet.

“You're welcome.†Alex said heading back to his desk. Once at his desk, he looked across to Sarah and gave her a mocking grin. Sarah simply rolled her eyes and went back to her work.

Cole turned around in his desk to face Alex, “Overkill much?†He asked

“What? I'm just having a little fun.†Alex returned.

“Does she know that?†Cole retorted.

“Her fault really, always taking things way too seriously.†Alex said stretching his arms and leaning back in his chair, “She really needs to learn how to loosen up a bit.â€

After about thirty-five minutes or so pass, the bell rang signalling the end of the school day.

Cole packed up his stuff and proceeded to leave the room, “Well, see ya.†he said to Alex as he walked out the front door of the room.

“Yeah, later.†Alex returned as he began to do the same.

As Alex was packing his stuff into his bag, the classroom phone rang, and Ms. Foster picked it up off of the receiver. “Hello?†She asked “Yes, he's still here. Okay, I'll tell him.â€

Ms. Foster then hung the phone and walked up to Alex. “Mr. Powell would like to see you in his office.†She informed him.

“Okay, what for?†Alex asked her.

“He didn't say,†Ms. Foster returned.

“Okay, weird...†Alex stated, “Oh well, not like I had anything better to do.â€

Alex grabbed his bag and walked out of the room and down to the main office. When he reached the door he opened it quickly and proceeded through. He then proceeded up to the front desk where a receptionist was sitting.

“Mr. Powell wanted to see me.†Alex stated grabbing the receptionist's attention.

The receptionist the picked up the phone on her desk and dialed the number to Powell's office. “Name?†She asked Alex.

“Darwin.†Alex stated.

“First name?†The receptionist asked again.

“Alex.†Alex returned.

“Just a sec.†The receptionist said while the phone rang, “Yes, Mr. Powell?†she added “I have Alex Darwin here to see you... Yes, right away.†She said hanging up the phone. “Go right in.â€

“Okay, thanks.†Alex returned as he went towards the door of Mr. Powell's office.

Alex proceeded down to Mr. Powell's office. He stopped for a second in front of the door, took a deep breathe and then proceeded to open the door.

He walked into the room to see Mr. Powell, a police officer and a man in a black suit.

“Ah, there you are Alex.†Mr. Powell said as Alex came into the room, “We've been expecting you.â€

Alex looked around the room â€What's this about?†He said as he closed the door behind him.

“Have a seat, this may take a while.†Mr. Powell said to Alex as the door closed.

{End of Part A}​
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
{Start of Part B}​

Alex sat in a chair in front of Mr. Powell's desk, the man in the black suit sitting directly across from him.

“It has come to pass that very well being may be at risk,†The man read from a sheet of paper, “as such, if I am to leave this world, be sure that the property listed in this in this will be given to my one and only son, Alexander V. Darwin at the time of my passing.†He stopped to let out a short grunt, “However, be sure that the item attached to this will remains in a secure location until Alexander reaches sixteen years of age, on the day of March 21st. Signed Alice F. Darwin.†The man said placing down the will, “As stated in your mother's will, you are to inherit an item that she wished to keep locked away until this very day.â€

“Okay, what exactly?†Alex asked tilting his head to the side.

“Officer Marcoh, the case please.†The man instructed gesturing to the police officer.

“Right.†Marcoh returned handing a black case with silver lining and handle to the man in the suit, “Here, Chief Sampson.â€

“Thank you.†Sampson said taking the case from Marcoh. Sampson placed the case on the desk, “Inside this case is something that you're mother wanted you to have. Though clearly she wanted to give it to you when you were ready to have it. Do you understand Alex?†He asked placing his hand over the case.

“Yeah... I mean yes, yes I do.†Alex answered, nodding his head repeatedly.

“Well then, I'm glad to hear it,†Sampson began picking up the case, “and I'm sure she would be as well.†He added handing Alex the case.

“Yeah,†Alex returned taking the case from Sampson, “she would be,†he added bowing his head to Samson.

“Alright then, I believe our business is down here,†Sampson said standing up from behind, “take care, Alex.†He added extending his hand to Alex.

“Yeah,†Alex returned reaching out to grab Sampson’s, “I will.â€

“Alright Officer Marcoh, we should be going.†Sampson said heading for the door.

“Wait,†Alex blurted out, “what exactly do I do with this?†He added gesturing to the case.

“That's for you to decide.†Sampson returned opening the door to Powell's office, “Besides it's locked, no one has been able to open it since it came into our possession.â€

“Oh... I see,†Alex said looking down at the ground, “Well, thank you... again.â€

“You're welcome.†Sampson said walking out the door to Mr. Powell's office closing it behind him.

Alex walked out the front door of the school and proceeded down the hill with the case in hand.

“Well now, what do we do with you?†He said holding the case up in front of his face, “My place is cluttered enough as it is. Although...†He stopped to think for a second, “Eh, it's pretty small.â€

He continued walking down the hill. “Now then...†He stopped over the sound of a loud growl, “... Well, I did miss lunch.â€

About half an hour later, Alex sat on a park bench gobbling down a hamburger.

“Ah, thank god for fast food.†Alex said whipping his mouth of crumbs. He looked up at the now red sky, “Sure is getting late...†He added taking in a deep breathe, “I should probably be getting home.†Alex said reaching for his bag.

“Don't think so.†A voice called out from the shadows.

“Huh?†Alex said turning his head to the voice as a bright red light whipped past him knocked him to ground, “Ow, wha-... what, was that.†He said looking back at the bench to find a feminine green figure standing over his bag. She wore a dark green dress the flailed out at the waist and close to the bottom, her hair was a long sickly green colour and style with her eyes cover by a red visor and horns that spread out in a v shape.

“Who... What are you.†Alex said standing back on his feet.

“I... am Spite,†The women in green said caressing the case that Alex's mother left for him, “and you're in my way.â€

“Like hell I am,†Alex returned reaching out to Spite, “give that back.â€

“Give what back?†Spite asked with demonic laughter, “If you mean this case, then it was never yours to begin with. I am merely here to return it to it's rightful owner. Now...†She said conquering a red orb of energy, “die.â€

Spite hurled the orb at Alex.

“The hell?†Alex gawked as he leapt out of the line of fire as the orb collided with a nearby tree exploding on impact.

“That was easier then expected,†Spite said reaching for a com-link hanging off her right ear, “This is Spite Commander. The package has been secured.â€

“Don't think so!†Alex exclaimed jumping out from the bushes grabbing the case from Spite's hand.

“You worm,†Spite growled, “give that back this instant.â€

“Give what back?†Alex retorted.

“Being smart now are you?†Spite asked swinging her whip up in the air striking it down on Alex.

“Oh crap!†Alex said raising the case in the whip’s path.

As the whip struck the case Alex was sent flying back into a near by tree. As he hit the tree, the case flew out of his hands and landed a few feat away from him.

“Damn, that hurt,†Alex said inching along the ground to reach the case, “mother... please... help me.†He said touching the handle of the case. As his fingers slowly wrapped around the handle of the case, the case made a small “clickâ€.

“Besides it's locked, no one has been able to open it since it came into our possession.†Alex thought back to his meeting with Sampson, “Well I'll be damned.†He said to himself as he opened the case. Inside the case he found a red and silver device in the bottom half along with what appeared to be six USB keys of different colours spread along the top half. One a was a solid black another bright red, two green one light and one dark and another two were different shades of blue, one a deep blue and the other a pale aqua.

“Blast, Blade... and, Star?†He read off the first three, “I get the first two... but what does Star mean?†He looked over to Spite who was walking towards him, “Well, if they'll get me out of this mess, I can't say that I care.†He said grabbing the device in the bottom half of the case as well as the black and red USB keys.

“Hey Spite!†He yelled to his aggressor, “Is this what you're after?†He said holding up the device to her, Spite conquering another orb in the process, “Well then, if you want it...†He began placing the device around his waist, “come and claim it.†He added inserting the black USB into the left side of the device and the red into the right.

“Star! Runner!†The device called out as Alex split it open and a bright light engulfed Alex.

When the light faded, Alex's body was encased in a black suit with a red x going down the chest, with a red trim around his wrists and ankles.

“You meddlesome worm,†Spite growled at him, “well then... what are you going to do now wretch?â€

“That's for me to decide,†Alex stated running his right hand over the silver x that adorned his helmet, “and for you to find out.†He added pointing his hand in the shape of a gun towards spite.

“Insolent fool,†Spite growled at Alex while hurl her whip at him.

Alex grabbed hold of the whip and pulled Spite towards him. In one quick motion, he struck Spite in the chest and sent her flying across the park.

“You're rampage has gone on long enough,†Alex said removing the Star USB from the left side of the device and inserting it in the slot along the strap of the belt. After a few seconds he slammed on the button on the lower half of the slot. “Extreme Star Storm!†he said leaping into the air and striking a kicking pose to strike Spite.

After the kick connected with a solid surface, Alex jumped back while what he assumed was Spite blew up behind him.

“Well, that's it for her,†Alex said surveying the damage.

“Not exactly,†Spite called out now perched on a lamp post.

“How did you?†Alex puzzled turning to face Spite.

“I was hoping to collect that case before a little worm like you managed to get their hands on it, but now that you have there's nothing I can do at the moment.†Spite stated twirling her sickly green hair, “So enjoy that power while you can my little worm. Consider it a gift.†She added while jumping of the lamppost and dissolving into the night.

“Get back here!†Alex said attempting to stop her, but stopped dead in his tracks when she completely disappeared, “Damn it,†he hitting his fist against a tree. Alex sighed and removed the USBs from the device and walked over to the case where the other four were.

Alex placed the black and red keys back into the case and then went to remove the belt. “Gah!†He exclaimed as the device dissolved from sight. Alex blinked his eyes for a second thinking back to what Spite said.

“I was hoping to collect that case before a little worm like you managed to get their hands on it, but now that you have there's nothing I can do at the moment.†He repeated to himself, “So that's what she meant,†he said banging his head against the tree, “Oh well, nothing I can do about it now.â€He added closing the case and leaving the park.

A man came out from behind a tree, “Spite, how could you allow this to happen?â€

“Forgive me Commander, I didn't expect him to have such a high synch rate with the driver, or the memories,†She pleaded from out of the shadows, “It won't happen again, I promise you. I'll reclaim them from him, you'll see.â€

“I certainly hope so...†He said walking off into the night, “for your sake.â€

To Be Continued
{Insert Ending Credit Sequence}​

Last edited:
Descends From Shadows
Next time on Kamen Rider Xtreme:

Who is the man pulling Spite's strings?

How will Alex adjust to deal with his new situation while Spite unleashes a feral beast to destroy him?

What other secrets lie in the shadows?

That's for me to decide, and for you to find out when Kamen Rider Xtreme continues with Episode 2: Prey and Predator.

Descends From Shadows
Episode 2: Prey and Predator

Alex Darwin, an ordinary high school student has been given the X Driver and six gaia memories that hold unimaginable power. A power that is greatly desired by a group lurking in the shadows, and will stop at nothing to claim it. Though it may not be as simple as it appears, because when Alex attempted to remove the device he discovered that it was permanently bound to him.

“Spite, how could you allow this to happen?†a man said as he emerged from behind a tree.

“Forgive me Commander, I didn't expect him to have such a high synch rate with the driver, or the memories,†She pleaded from out of the shadows, “It won't happen again, I promise you. I'll reclaim them from him, you'll see.â€

“I certainly hope so...†He said walking off into the night, “for your sake.â€

Alex walked down the long hallway leading to his second period class. He just reached the door to the boy's change room as Sarah and another girl stepped out from a door on the another side of the hall.

“That's unbelievable Sarah, nine point three seconds a new record.†The other girl said to Sarah bouncing around her.

“It wasn't anything special.†Sarah returned to the other girl.

“Seriously? You're too modest,†The girl began as the two walked off down the hallway, “I mean you're a straight student, and you the track team's star runner. Is there anything you can't do?â€

“Well, I do what I can.†Sarah returned as the two turned the corner and out of Alex's view.

“Star runner huh?†Alex said opening the door to the boy's change room, “If she were to find out about that, I probably wouldn't hear the end of it.†He concluded as he walked through the door shutting it behind him.

A few minutes passed and Alex had changed into his gym equipment and was lacing his running shoes.

“Even so,†Alex began as tightened his shoe laces, “Enjoy that power while you can,†he thought to himself, “Well then, I'll just have to cross that bridge when I come it.â€

“Hey, Alex! You coming?†A voice called out from behind he door.

“Yeah, sorry I'll be right out.†He said standing up knocking his bag over in the process, “Crap!†he exclaimed as the six USBs spilled out, “I should be careful with these things,†he added picking them up one by one and shoving them into his pocket, “But, what exactly are these anyway, some kind of memory stick?†He pondered as he inspected the black one mark with an 's' and read 'Star' down the label. “Stick... Memory...â€

“ALEX, COME ON!†The voice shouted back.
“Alright, alright calm down already,†Alex replied putting the memory stick into his pocket and walking out the front door of the change room.

About fifteen minutes later Alex was out at the field running laps along with the rest of the class. Alex blinked his eyes repeatedly as he wobbled about the track while keeping up a light jogging pace. He stopped for a second and hunched over with his hands resting on his knees, taking in deep breathes.

“Hey dude, you okay?†Cole asked running up from behind him.

“Yeah, I'm fine,†Alex returned whipping sweat of his face, “just a little tired, that's all.â€

“You sure?†Cole asked placing his hand on Alex's forehead, “I've seen 'just a little tired' from you, and you've never acted like this before. You sure you're not sick or something?â€

“I'm sure damn it,†Alex retorted removing Cole's hand and getting back on his feat, “trust me, it's nothing to worry about.†He added running down the track.

“I certainly hope so,†Cole whispered to himself.

A woman in black stood in the forested area behind the school by the track looking through a pair of high tech binoculars.

“Yeah, that's him alright,†She said lower the binoculars from her face, “I've located the target, awaiting further orders commander.†She ask talking through a microphone on her ear.

“Very good Rylee, deal with the target as you see fit,†A voice called back through the microphone, “Be sure that apprehend him without damaging the memories or the driver.â€

“Understood commander, Spite out.†Rylee said shutting off the microphone, she then raised her arm and proceeded to snap her fingers together “Gorge, you're up.†She stated as a growl arose from behind her accompanied by the rustle of old chains.

A black beast with blood red eyes emerged from the shadows and knelt beside Rylee. The beast growled softly as Rylee patted the beast on the head.

“Good boy,†Rylee said scratching the top of the beast's head, “Now then, mommy has work for you to do dear. Finish it successfully and you shall have a sweaty.†She added scratching the underside of the beast's bottom jaw as the beast purred softly, “Now go, be sure the target is alone before you make your move.†She instructed sending the beast on it's way as it ran off into the forest.

“You sure he's up to this?†Said a figure in demonic red armour as he came out from behind a tree.

“Fury, how long have you been there?†Rylee retorted back to the figure in the red armour.

“Long enough to hear you chat with the boss,†Fury said stretching his arms up in the air, “So, that's the pest that has him so worked up?†He added spying on Alex from across the field, “Seems easy enough, why don't you just take him out right now?â€

“It's the commander's orders, he doesn't want to be noticed by the public,†Rylee stated “Attacking the worm here were cause to much of an uproar.â€

“Man, abiding by social protocol sure is a pain in the ass,†Fury said leaning against a tree and crossing his arms, “but whatever I guess, all I'm hoping is that I don't have to be the one to clean up after little Cheshire is done with him,†He added as he disappeared into the shadows.

“You won't have to worry about that,†Rylee retorted glaring back to Alex, “Cheshire always makes sure to eat every single bite.â€

A bell rang over the school building. The time was now two fifty-five, and Alex and Cole were walking down the hillside.

“So twenty-five out of sixty... maybe you should check your answers before you submit a test,†Cole stated patting Alex on the back.

“Yeah, I got that the first five times you said that,†Alex returned twitching his eye while looking over the test he had completed the other day.

“Well, as long as you get it that's all I care about,†Cole proclaimed with a light chuckle.

“Maybe he might understand,†Alex thought gripping one of the memory sticks in his pocket, “Hey Cole?†Alex asked coming to a halt.

“Yeah?†Cole returned turning to face Alex.

“Would you think it was crazy if... if I...†Alex said stumbling around his own words.

“If you what?†Cole asked blinking his eyes a bit.

“If I said that I was-†Alex began only to be interrupted by the sound of a creature howling off in the distance, “Huh,†Alex exclaimed under his breath turning his attention to the forested area behind the school building.

“Oh, that probably some wild animal or something,†Cole stated, “Anyway Alex, you were saying?â€

“Oh that reminds I forgot something inside, I'll catch up with you later,†Alex stated heading back to the school building.

“That's fine, I'll go with you,†Cole added walking towards the building.

“Come on Cole, you must be tired, surely you just want to go home and get some rest or something,†Alex proclaimed pushing Cole back a bit.

“The school is right there, it won't take long, and you obviously need a rest more then I do,†Cole retorted, “You sure you're alright?â€

“He's not making this easy,†Alex thought to himself, “Fine then, I really don't want to do this but you're not giving me much of a choice,†Alex said stretching his arms in the air.
In one quick motion Alex stepped to the side of Cole and pushed him over the side of the hill and into a bush, “Sorry, I'll explain later!†Alex said running back to the school building, “Why did one of those things have to show up here?†He thought grabbing the two memories marked 'Star' and 'Runner' from his pocket.

“Alex, I'm gonna kick your ass, you hear me!†Cole exclaimed while climbing out of the bush.

Alex ran into the school parking lot on the left hand side of the building and looked around for the source of the howl he heard early, “Come on, where are you you son of a *****.â€

A soft growl filled the air as Alex turned his attention to the west entrance of the school. Standing on the top of the lower roof of the building was the black red eyed beast.

“I'm guessing you're a friend of that Spite woman aren't you?†Alex proclaimed to the beast as it licked it's upper lip while glaring intensely at Alex through it's blood red eyes, “Well I certainly hope that you are, because I'll be sending you back to her in pieces,†He said holding the two memories in front of his face as the beast leapt of the roof, growling as it readied it's claws.

Alex jumped back as the driver materialized around his waist while he placed the two memories in the corresponding slots on the driver.

“I'll make this quick,†He said as he split the slots apart.

“Star! Runner!†The device called out as the black and red suit formed around Alex's body. The red eyes lit up as Alex raised his fists in front of his face now covered by the mask and spread his legs planting his feat on the ground.

The beast ran towards Alex and jumped into the air striking down to air and clawing at Alex's arm guards. Alex jumped to the side a threw a punch at the side of the beast's face sending the it flying across the nearly empty lot.

“Time for a bit more fire power,†Alex said bringing out the memory mark “Blast†and swapping it for the the Star memory and resetting the driver.

“Blast! Runner!†The driver called out as the top half of Alex's armour changed from black to a dark grey and the red 'x' on his chest switched to blue as a chest plate formed around it as well as blue gauntlets forming around his forearms and his hand guards changed from red to blue as well.

Alex then pulled out a small blaster emblazoned with a teal 'x' along the side casings as the eyes of his mask changed to the colour.

“That's more like it,†Alex said twirling his gun around in his hand.

Back on the south side of the building Cole had gotten back to the top of the hill.

“Geez, I know I've crossed the line a couple of times but I've never pushed him down a hill before,†Cole proclaimed shaking leaves and dirt out of his hair, “That was completely uncalled for,†he added as he proceeded to walk back to the school building.

“Your rampage ends here,†Alex said as he opened fire on the beast being sure that every shot hit it's mark as the beast flew back and slammed it the side of the building breaking a couple windows, “That's not good.†He added blinking his eyes a couple times.

Cole had just reached the front entrance when he heard the sound of the blasts.

“Alex?†Cole said turning to the west end of the school, “Oh man, what has he gotten himself into now. Probably ran into a group of thugs or something.†He added as he ran to the west side of the school.

Alex cocked his blaster for a second round of shots as the beast got back on it's feat.

“Alex! Where are you!†Cole called out from a distance.

“Damn it, I thought he would just gone home already,†Alex proclaimed, “Alright change of plans.â€

Alex ran to the right side of the beast and blasted it into the forested area behind the school as he ran after it as Cole ran around the corner that separated the school from the parking lot.

Fury stood atop the school building looking down on the brawl.

“Well well, this may prove to more enjoyable then I thought,†The blood red commander proclaimed with devious smirk on his face, “Good luck little Cheshire, you'll need it.â€

{End of Part A}​
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
{Start of Part B}​

The beast flew into the a tree causing it to snap and fall over into a couple other trees.

“Going to have to go in close,†Alex said removing the blast and runner memories then replacing them with blade and kicker then resetting the driver.

“Blade! Kicker!†The driver called out as Alex's armour changed from blue to green and his chest plate changing from triangular to rectangular while greaves formed on his feet and the eyes of his mask changed from teal to a light green and his arms and helmet switched to a lighter shade of grey.

“I could get use to this,†Alex said admiring his new form while drawing a blade emblazoned with the same x pattern as his blaster along it's hilt only in a deep jade green instead of teal, “Alright big boy, let's get this over with.†Alex said gripping his sword tight and gesturing to the beast to make the first move as the beast growled back at him.

The beast lunged towards Alex while flailing it's crawls in his direction. Alex blocked the beasts claws with his blade and forced it backed with a jab from his greaves.

“So to say this so soon, but your rampage has gone on long for enough,†Alex stated as he removed the blade memory from the driver and inserted it into the hilt of his sword.

“Blade! Maximum Drive!†The memory called out as Alex swung the sword over his shoulder and locking on to the outside of the armour on his lower right leg with the flat side of the blade facing the beast. Alex stretched his right leg forward and waited about three seconds for the memory to charge before hitting the button on the side of his belt and leaping into the air.

“Full Blade Kick!†Alex exclaimed as the sword swung around as Alex delivered a side kick to the beast.

As the blade was about to connect with the beast it leapt up and grabbed on to a tree branch and swung around it kicking Alex in the face sending him flying back into another tree.

“AHH!†Alex exclaimed as he hit the tree trunk breaking his transformation, “How... did it...†Alex stumbled as his eyes blurred, “damn it.†He whispered as he fell to the ground and blacked out.

The beast approached Alex as he lay on the ground unconscious. The beast flipped Alex over onto his back and attempted to remove the driver. But the beast's efforts were to no help as the driver dematerialized in front of it's eyes.

The beast growled in disappointed and simply went for the memories instead. As he reached for the blade memory that which Alex had in the grip of his hand, the sound of sirens filled the air. The beast hissed as it leapt into the trees and ran off into the forest.

“I found someone!†A police officer exclaimed as he came across Alex.

“Does he have any form of ID on him?†another officer asked as he searched Alex, “Ah here we are,†the officer said pulling out Alex's wallet from his pocket and proceeded to open it, “Alexander V. Darwin, sixteen years old, third year student at Ardent Secondary School,†The officer read off Alex's student card in the window of his wallet, “Chief, we found him!â€

“Let me see,†Chief Sampson said stepping through the two officers, he then knelt down over Alex “Good, he's still alive,†He stated checking Alex's pulse, “Get the medical team, stat!â€

“Yes sir,†The two officer returned as they ran off to get medical support.

“Oh man, what would Alice think if she saw you now boy,†Sampson said shaking Alex by his shoulder as Alex released a gasp of air loosening his grip on the Blade memory, “What?†Sampson gawked as he noticed the memory, “Don't tell me you're one of them boy,†Sampson added as he grabbed the memory from Alex's hand and inspected it.

“Sir, we have the medical team ready,†an officer stated walking back through the woods.

“Good, get him on a stretcher,†Sampson instructed as he got back on his feet placing the memory in his pocket.

“Yes sir, come on bring it in,†The officer returned as two medics walked past with a stretcher.

Outside the forested area, Cole sat on the edge of a fence rapid tapping his foot with his hands clenched in front of his face. The two medics emerged from the woods and extended the wheels on the bottom of the stretcher that carried Alex, Sampson and the two officers just behind them.

“Is he alright?†Cole asked Sampson as the medics loaded Alex into the back of the ambulance.

“Yeah, he'll be fine, he's been through worse,†Sampson assured Cole while patting him on the shoulder, “A few dings isn't going to stop him.â€

“True,†Cole returned brushing off Sampson's hand while not taking his focus off of Alex.

The medics finished loading Alex's stretcher into the Ambulance as Cole climbed into the back along with him, the doors closing shortly after. Then ambulance then proceeded to drive of the to nearest hospital as Cole looked over Alex.

“... Idiot,†Cole said hitting himself in the forehead.

A few hours passed and Alex lying in a hospital bed with Cole sitting in a chair a cross the room tapping his foot rapidly. A nurse opened the door and enter the room.

“Sorry sir but standard visiting hours are over, only family members are aloud to stay later,†the nurse stated walking over to Alex's bed.

“Are you blind?†Cole retorted to the nurse, “Can't you see the 'family resemblance'?â€

“Excuse me?†The nurse said while blinking her eyes at Cole.

“Truth is, I'm the only 'family' he has left,†Cole said glaring at the nurse.

“Oh, of course, I see,†the nurse proclaimed stepping back a bit, “sorry about the confusion,†she said scratching the back of her neck and exiting the room.

Shortly after, Sampson entered the room.

“Good to see he's alright,†Sampson said looking over Alex and letting out a sigh, “Thanks for the call, if it weren't for you he probably wouldn't be here right now.â€

“I know, I've always had to look out for him,†Cole stated relaxing a bit.

“He should be grateful to have a friend like you, not many people are that fortunate,†Sampson proclaimed pulling up a chair to the end of Alex's bed and sitting down.

“I do what I can,†Cole said leaning back and looking up at the ceiling as Alex's hand twitched and he let out a grunt as he opened his eyes.

“Where... where am I?†Alex mumbled to himself.

“You're in a hospital,†Cole stated as Alex turned his focus to him.

“Cole, what happened?†Alex asked still mumbling a bit.

“You really are an idiot aren't you,†Cole said getting up from his chair and clenching his fist.

“Wait, what?†Alex pondered as Cole walked over to him and raised his arm into the air.

“OW!†Alex exclaimed as Cole struck him across the face, “What was that for?â€

“Oh I don't know, how about pushing me down a hill and then nearly getting yourself killed shortly after,†Cole barked crossing his arms.

“Oh... I guess I had you worried for a moment didn't I?†Alex said looking down at his hands.

“Try for a few hours,†Cole exclaimed, “and yes you did.â€

“Now now, Mr. Desmond, there's now reason to kill him,†Sampson pleaded, “Now if you don't mind Alex, there's something I need to discuss with you.âe what?†Alex asked turning his attention to Sampson.

“Mind stepping out for a second Mr. Desmond?†Sampson requested.

“Wait, why?†Cole demanded.

“It's something rather confidential,†Sampson explained.

“If it's confidential for Alex it's confidential for me,†Cole proclaimed stepping slightly forward.

“Cole, just do it,†Alex requested, “it'll be fine.â€

“Fine,†Cole grunted as he walked out of the room slamming the door behind him.

“Sorry about that,†Alex chuckled awkwardly.

“That's fine, people aren't always friendly to the police,†Sampson proclaimed turning his chair to face Alex head on, “Now then Alex, mind telling me what this is?†He asked pulling out the Blade memory from his back pocket.

To Be Continued

Last edited:
Descends From Shadows

Oh boy, it seems that enemies are popping out from every corner! What does the group lurking in the shadows intend to do with Alex? and what does Sampson intend to do with the Blade memory?

That's for me to decide and for you to find out when Kamen Rider Xtreme continues with Episode 3: Wild Fang!

Descends From Shadows
Episode 3: Wild Fang

Alex Darwin, an ordinary high school student has been given the X Driver and six gaia memories that hold unimaginable power. One of which is currently in the hands of Police Chief William Sampson. Upon discovering the memory, Chief Sampson chose to confront Alex to get more information on what exactly the memories hold and what he intends to do with them.

“Mind stepping out for a second Mr. Desmond?†Sampson requested.

“Wait, why?†Cole demanded.

“It's something rather confidential,†Sampson explained.

“If it's confidential for Alex it's confidential for me,†Cole proclaimed stepping slightly forward.

“Cole, just do it,†Alex requested, “it'll be fine.â€

“Fine,†Cole grunted as he walked out of the room slamming the door behind him.

“Sorry about that,†Alex chuckled awkwardly.

“That's fine, people aren't always friendly to the police,†Sampson proclaimed turning his chair to face Alex head on, “Now then Alex, mind telling me what this is?†He asked pulling out the Blade memory from his back pocket.

“Well? I'm waiting,†Sampson said tapping on the back of his chair.

“I... I've never seen that before, ever,†Alex said reaching in his pocket and feeling for the other memories.

“Oh really,†Sampson said getting up from his chair and walking up to the head of Alex's bed, “Then listen carefully,†he added grabbing the collar of Alex's shirt and shoving the memory in Alex's face, “these may appear to be harmless memory sticks, but the truth is that they hold powers that you can merely dream of, a power that can flip this whole city, and even the world, on it's back,†Sampson concluded as he released his hold on Alex, “Now I'll ask you, where did you get it?â€

“It was in the case you gave me the other day,†Alex said tightening his hands.

“So you got it to open?†Sampson asked loosening his hold on the memory, “How?â€

“It wasn't me, it was some green lady calling herself 'Spite',†Alex explained “She smacked it around and got it to open, then I found that memory stick along with five others and some strange device inside.â€

“Spite?†Sampson pondered turning his head slightly, “So, they've come out of hiding.â€

“Sorry, who's 'they'?†Alex asked.

“The Dopants,†Sampson proclaimed, “That's what we call them anyway.â€

“I'm not following,†Alex stated cocking his head to the side.

“They're average people like you or me that somehow obtain memories like this one,†Sampson explained holding the Blade memory to Alex, “once activated, they're transformed into rage filled monsters which we at the A.C.P.D.'s Speciality Operations Division, or S.O.D. if you prefer, have labelled 'Dopants',†Sampson added peering through the blinds, “We've spent years trying to track down the source of these memories and finally end this once and for all, but whenever we would get close, the evidence changed and we had to start from scratch, and then one day they just disappeared off the face of the earth.†Sampson concluded letting his hand down.

“Then that's a good thing, right?†Alex asked.

“Well that's what allot of the members of the S.O.D. thought as well, but I however thought differently. I knew that creatures like that wouldn't just vanish like that, it had to be a ploy, a ploy to get the task force to let down their guard and then strike back when we have our backs turned,†Sampson proclaimed turning his attention to Alex, “and on the exact day that you received that case no less.â€

“I swear, that was only a coincidence,†Alex pleaded.

“Was it really?†Sampson retorted, “There is no such thing as coincidence, there is only inevitability... well, that's what Alice would always say anyway, almost like it was her catch phrase.â€

“That's sure is one hell of a catch phrase then,†Alex chuckled a bit.

“Anyway, getting back on topic. Your mother must have been aware of the growing threat and collected those memories and designed that device you spoke of for this very purpose, and passed them down to you so that this city would have a protector when it needed one,†Sampson deduced while walking over to Alex's bed, “If she believed that you can pull it off, then so do I,†He added extending his hand to Alex, “So how about it, will you help me protect this city?â€

Alex sat up straight shaking a bit as he went to grab Sampson's hand.

“Uh...†he grunted as he pulled back his hand, “I'm sorry, I can't. You're asking allot from me and I'm not sure I can handle it. After all, I've only fought two of those things and well, it didn't really turn out too well.â€

“Alright, I understand,†Sampson stated lowering his arm to his side, “Mr. Desmond, you can come back in now!†He shouted to the door.

“About damn time,†Cole whispered as he walked into the room.

“Well, I should be going now,†Sampson stated as he headed for the door, “Oh and Alex, don't forget to give me a call just in case you change your mind,†He added just before walking out the door and shutting it behind him.

Cole looked over to Alex, “Mind telling me what that was about?â€

“Nothing that you need to concern yourself with,†Alex proclaimed looking away from Cole.

“Man what is with you today?†Cole exclaimed smacking Alex in the forehead.

“OW!†Alex yelled, “I could ask you the same question,†Alex retorted while rubbing his forehead.

On the roof top of a building across the street from the hospital were Alex and Cole were stood Rylee with a grey haired cat in her hands.

“Well, not much we can do now that the police are involved,†Rylee said scratching the cat's ears, “Maybe the worm was too much for you Cheshire,†she added as the cat purred in her arms, “I think we'll need to go with a more feral approach won't we Cheshire,†Rylee proclaimed as she pulled out a gold memory with a boney texture and hitting a white button just above the tip.

“Gorge!†The memory called out as Rylee placed it into a device on Cheshire's back.

“Now, go,†Rylee instructed as she let Cheshire onto the ground as he transformed into a large black demonic creature, “and do not fail me this time,†Rylee added as Cheshire leapt off the roof top and onto a power line as he proceeded to run across it.

Soon it was getting close to being midnight and the lights in the hospital were being shut off.

“Well I better be heading out,†Cole stated getting up from his chair and proceeding to the door of the room, “Try not to get into too much trouble while you're here, okay?â€

“Come on, what could possibly happen to me at a hospital?†Alex retorted chuckling a bit.

“Stranger things have happened,†Cole proclaimed leaning on the door, “but I digress. Just get some rest for now, you'll need it.â€

“True,â€Alex returned lying back a bit, “I should relax while I can.â€

“After all Sarah's going to go bat **** crazy when she sees what you did to that wall, later!†Cole exclaimed while bolting out of the room.

“Gah!†Alex grunted being left frozen with his eye twitching, “That wasn't my fault damn it!†He yelled down the hall, “man,†Alex sighed dropping his forehead into the palm of his hand.

From the room, Alex could hear a door open and close off in the distance. He felt perfectly fine, but the people working at the hospital wanted to stay on the safe side, they had Alex stay over night to run a few more tests.

Alex stood on the roof of the hospital leaning on the fence and looking over the city, illuminated by the lights of houses and passing cars as the clock struck twelve o'clock.

“Sure is a nice night... hard to believe there are creatures like that lurking in the shadows,†Alex said to himself taking in a deep breath, “Mother must have been aware of the growing threat and collected those memories and designed that device you spoke of for this very purpose, and passed them down to you so that this city would have a protector when it needed one,†Alex said repeating what Sampson had said earlier, “She could have left a manual, or a set of instructions...†Alex added dropping his head down, “why me?†Alex pondered banging his head on the bar of the fence.

As Alex looked up towards the sky where the stars glimmered, a light growl filled the air, “Huh?†Alex said tilting his head down a bit to where he saw the black furred beast lurking, “Crap, the Dopant from earlier.†Alex said under his breathe while gripping the fence as the Dopant growled at him as it walked slowly into the moonlight.

“I know what you're after,†Alex said to the Gorge Dopant as he reached into his left pocket and pulled out the Star memory, “It's these memories and the device that goes with them isn't it?†Alex said holding the Star memory in front of Gorge as he growled back at Alex.

Gorge lunged at Alex flailing it's claws at him. Alex dove out of the way of the beast's attack and rolled onto his on the other side of it.

“Unfortunately that's kind of impossible at the moment,†Alex stated pulling out the Runner memory with his right hand and the device materialized around his waist, “So how about it, will you help me protect this city?,†Alex repeated in his head in Sampson's voice, “I'll decide if I make it out of this,†He added as he crossed his arms and hitting the buttons below the labels of the memories.

“Star! Runner!†The memories called out.

“Henshin!†Alex shouted as he slammed the memories into the device and split the slots apart.

“Star! Runner!†The driver repeated as the black and red suit formed around Alex's body.

“Make your move,†Alex said while pointing to Gorge and flexing his fingers towards himself, his legs twitching a bit.

The beast charged towards him as Alex dashed to the other side of the him.

“My turn,†Alex proclaimed throwing a punch into the Gorge Dopant's face knocking it to the ground, “Going to need a bigger bang,†Alex stated removing the Star memory from the right side of the device and replacing it Blast.

“Blast! Runner!†The device called out as the Blast armour formed around Alex and the blaster formed in Alex's right hand, the eyes of his mask changing from red to blue. Alex proceeded to unload three shots onto the Dopant causing it to go up in flames.

When the smoke cleared, Alex found that there was a break in the fence on the roof and the Dopant had vanished.

“What, where did he?†Alex gawked searching for the beast. After a few second, Alex found the Beast on the roof adjacent to the hospital on the other side of the fence, “Great, a runner,†he sighed as he went to pull out the Blade memory.

“Huh? Where is it?†He exclaimed searching for the Blade memory.
“Now then Alex, mind telling me what this is?†Alex recalled in his head with the image of Sampson holding the Blade memory.

“Crap, looks like I'll just have to do without it for now,†Alex proclaimed tightening the grip on his blaster and chasing after the beast on the other roof firing a couple shots as he leapt off the roof and onto the other.

The beast ran through sixteen roofs until it came to a stop and leapt down the crack between the seventeenth, Alex stopped for a second, “so that's how it's going to be?†he asked while cocking his blaster, “alright then,†he concluded while pulling out the Runner memory and replacing it with Kicker.

“Blast! Kicker!†the device called out as Alex spilt it's slots apart and the grieves formed around his feet and his lower leg armour changed from black to green.

“Your rampage... ends here,†Alex proclaimed as he ran to the edge of the building preparing to leap off down the side.

{End of Part A}​
{Start of Part B}​

Alex jumped off the side of the building and fell down through the alley. He fired off a grappling hook from his blaster which latched onto the railing of a metal staircase on the side of one of the buildings slowing his decent.

On the ground the Gorge Dopant got ready to dash out of the ally as Alex swung over it's head and landed right in front of the beast, releasing the hook from the barrel of his blaster as he hit the ground.

“and now, I end this,†Alex stated as he removed the Blast memory for his belt and replaced it with Star.

“Star! Kicker!†The belt called out as the blue Blast armour dematerialized and the X on Alex's chest as well as the eye's of his masked changed from blue to red.

Alex jumped at the beast and kicked it square in the face sending it flying into a row of trashcans. The Dopant quickly jumped back to it's feet and charged towards Alex and swiped at him with it's claws. Alex threw a punch at Gorge but the beast grabbed Alex's right arm and bit down hard on Alex's armour.

“Hungry are we?†Alex asked the beast clenching his arm, “give this a taste then!†Alex exclaimed hurling a punch with his other arm into the beast's face breaking it's grip. Alex then raised his right leg up high into the air and slammed the heal of his boot into the top of the beast's head ramming it into the ground seeming to leave it unable to move.

Alex panted ready to collapse under his own weight, “let that be a warning to you Dopants,†he proclaimed breathing heavily as he walked out of the alleyway.

When Alex turned his back to the Dopant and managed to stumble out of the alley, the beast slowly began to dig his claws into the rubble left by the impact. The beast slowly rose to it's feet while quietly growling. It stretch out it's legs and got ready to charge at Alex.

“Hm?†Alex grunted as he looked over his shoulder to see the beast rushing towards him pushing both of them out of the ally and across the street, “Gah!†Alex exclaimed as he slammed into a wall, “and here I thought this was over,†he said stumbling to his feet.

The beast growled at Alex as police sirens began to fill the air.

“Come on, not now,†Alex exclaimed as a squad of patrol cars turned the corner, “this isn't your call people,†Alex said removing the Star memory and pulling out the Blast memory.

“Blast!†The memory called out as Alex hit the button near the bottom and proceeded to slam the memory into the right side of the device.

“Blast! Kicker!†The device called out as the Blast armour materialized around Alex.

“Looks like we'll have to take this elsewhere,†Alex proclaimed as he aimed his blaster towards the beast.

“Drop your weapon!†A voice called out as Alex and the Dopant were encircled by patrol cars.

“Damn it, wait... Sampson?†Alex whispered as he recognized the voice looking over to see Sampson stepping out of one of the cars, “Alright then...†Alex exclaimed as he raised his blaster slightly, “We'll take this upstairs then,†Alex stated as he shot out a grappling hook from his blaster and latched it on to the roof of a building.

“I would follow your instructions, but I'm a little busy at the moment,†Alex said to Sampson as he pulled the trigger of his blaster and sent himself flying forward. As he past the Dopant he grabbed it by the neck and dragged it up with him as he flew through a window.

Back on the ground, Sampson and the other officers stood in aw and confusion.

“Was that...†Sampson thought to himself.

“Chief, should we pursue them?†an officer ask.

“Hold a perimeter around the building,†Sampson instructed, “I'll head in on my own.â€

The officer looked back at him, “but chief-â€

“That's final Marcoh,†Sampson stated as he proceeded into the building pulling out his sidearm. “I hope you know what you're doing boy,†he thought to himself as he walked through the front of the building.

On the third floor of the building Alex was exchanging blow after blow with the beast.

“This is pathetic, if I still had my sword this guy would finished already,†Alex thought to himself trying to hold back the beast.

The Dopant knocked Alex to the ground and threw him into the wall to the right of him.

“One... last... shot....†Alex said removing the Kicker memory from the device on his waist and pulling out Runner to replace it.

“Runner!†The memory called out as Alex slammed it into the device.

“Blast! Runner!†The device called out as Kicker's armour was replaced with Runner's.

“Die already!†Alex exclaimed as he fired on the beast.

The beast evaded all of Alex's shots and dashed until it was right next to him. He then delivered a powerful kick which sent Alex down the hall breaking his transformation. The beast growled as it approached Alex on the floor.

“Stand down!†Sampson exclaimed as he turned the corner and unloaded six shots of his gun at the beast knocking it down to the ground. “You okay kid?†Sampson asked kneeling over Alex.

“Y-Yeah...†Alex said propping himself up with his hand, “... Sampson? What are you...?â€

“That's what I'd like to ask you,†Sampson retorted grabbing Alex's arm, “sorry but I'm going to have to bring you in for questioning.â€

“Alright,†Alex said pushing Sampson back and getting back on his feet, “but not until after I beat this guy. But there's a problem, he seems to be unaffected by projectile weapons and punching him doesn't seem to phase him,†He held his hand out to Sampson, “You still have it right?â€

“Have what?†Sampson asked.

“My memory,†Alex stated, “If I'm going to beat I need my sword.â€

“Oh, yeah,†Sampson said digging into his pocket and pulling out the Blade memory, “Here,†Sampson placed the memory into Alex's open hand.

“Thanks,†Alex returned as he pulled the Blast and Runner memories from the device and pulled out the Kicker memory and held both it and Blade in front of him. Alex slammed the two memories into the device.

“Henshin!†Alex shouted as he split the slots on the device apart.

“Blade! Kicker!†The device called out as Blade and Kicker's armour formed around him and his sword formed in his right hand.

“Your rampage...†Alex said as he slammed the Blade memory into the hilt of his sword, “ends here!â€

“Blade, Maximum Drive!†The memory called out as Alex threw his sword into the air and stuck his right leg out in front of him. The sword landed and stuck to the lower part of his leg and Alex slammed his hand onto the button on the side of his belt.

Alex jumped into the air and leapt towards the beast on the other side of the hall.

“Blade Full Kick!†Alex yelled as he kicked his right leg out towards the beast as the blade extended passed his foot. Alex struck the beast across the face causing it to explode as the blade disconnected and flew into the air.

Alex hit the ground and caught the Blade in his left hand, “Glad that's over,†he said slinging his blade over his shoulder. He closed the device and pulled out the memories as his armour dissolved.

“Meow!†A sound came from up high.

“Hmm?†Alex looked to the ceiling, “Gah!†He exclaimed as he saw a cat fall onto his face, “Get off get off get off!†Alex demanded trying to get the cat off his face, “Now!†Alex screamed pulling the cat off of him and starring at it for a second, “So... the Dopants are cats?â€

“No, I've never seen one that was,†Sampson stated walking over to Alex, “But that's not important right now. You'll have to clear the area immediately.â€

“Hey Sampson, about what you were saying earlier,†Alex began, “I think I might have changed my mind,†He stated cradling the cat in his arms, “You're right, this city needs a protector and I feel that I'm the one it needs.â€

“I'm glad to hear that,†Sampson said placing his hand on Alex's shoulder, “Now, let's get out of here. We'll need to get you two home.â€

“Yeah, let's go,†Alex returned as he stepped forward as his foot hit something on the ground, “Huh?†Alex gawked as he looked to the ground to see a small USB on the ground.

“What is it?†Sampson asked.

“A memory, I think...†Alex said as he went to pick it up, “Gorge?†He read off the memory, “As in eating too much?â€

“Yeah, they always have names like that,†Sampson stated.

“What have I gotten myself in to?†Alex thought to himself as he walked down the hall with Sampson.

The two walked out of the front of the building.

“The culprit has been neutralized,†Sampson exclaimed, “I am now returning this boy to his home, you may clear out now!†he added as the two proceeded down the road.

“Excuse me, Chief Gordon Sampson?†A female voice called out from behind.

“Yes?†Sampson turned to see a woman in black standing behind him.

“Rylee Damon, head of research at ACPD HQ,†The woman said holding out a badge, “I understand that a Dopant was involved in tonight's event?â€

“Yes, but it's been defeated,†Sampson confirmed.

“I see, and the memory?†Rylee asked.

“Right here,†Alex said holding out the gold memory.

“I see, and it seems you found my Cheshire as well,†Rylee smiled as she took the memory from Alex's hand and put it in her pocket and then proceeded to grab Cheshire, “He disappeared about a week ago and I've been worried sick about him. I'm just glad that he's safe now.â€

“Ma'am, this appears topant that's appeared in the last couple of days,†Sampson stated.

“Then I should hope that you already have a plan to deal with them,†Rylee said scratching Cheshire on the head, “I'll send the memory you just gave me in for analysis, if you obtain any others you may do with them what you like.â€

“Yes ma'am, as you wish,†Sampson returned.

“Alright, I shall make my leave then,†Rylee stated as she turned to leave, “Oh and boy.â€

“Yes?†Alex said turning to Rylee.

“I hope you have a safe trip home and a good night's sleep,†Rylee proclaimed, “You'll need it,†She added walking away from the scene.

“She's right you know?†Sampson said placing his hand over Alex's shoulder, “After all, we've got a lot of work ahead us.â€

Alex look to Sampson, “Yeah... you're right.†He said looking up to the sky, “This is my city, and I'll protect it,†He took in a deep breathe, “No matter what happens.â€

To Be Continued

Last edited:
Descends From Shadows

A fire wielding Dopant has appeared and is burning everything in sight! I hope Alex has fire safety training because he is going to need it when Kamen Rider Xtreme continues with Episode 4: Fire Starter!

Descends From Shadows
Episode 4: Fire Starter

Rylee knelt before a man in shadow sitting in a large chair. He tapped his fingers repeatedly on the arm of his chair waiting patiently for his subordinate to speak.

“Forgive me commander, I thought for sure that Ch- Gorge could handle the assignment,†Rylee proclaimed to the man in shadow.

“This is the second time now that you have failed to reclaim the driver,†The commander said clenching his fist over the arm of his chair, “To believe that you were defeated by a mere child.â€

“I promise sir, it won't happen again,†Rylee pleaded.

“I know it won't,†The commander returned, “You're off the assignment. You are not to pursue the worm any longer.â€

Rylee gasped, “But sir I-â€

“Commander if you please,†Fury interrupted, “Perhaps one of my agents could be able to take up the pursuit in Madam Spite's stead.â€

“Derek, what are,†Rylee began only to be silenced by Fury.

“Please speak to members by code name while dealing with business that concerns Memory Extraction Terminal Access, or META for short,†Fury stated, “Was that not the agreement... Vainglory?â€

“Indeed,†The commander returned, “As for your agent Fury, which did you have in mind?â€

Derek raised his hand in front of face and snapped his fingers, “... Flame.â€

The time was ten to three, school had been over for a while and Alex was kept after school to clean his fourth period class as punishment for falling asleep constantly.

Alex stood hunched over the broom he was using to clean the room, “Damn, this sucks,†He sighed.

“Then how about you stay awake in class next time?†Sarah said sitting on top of a desk, “Seriously, you're too slow.â€

“Why are you still here anyway?†Alex asked.

“Ms. Foster had to run a few errands,†Sarah returned.

“Yeah, I know that,†Alex stated, “that's still doesn't answer my question.â€
“someone had to make sure that you didn't run off.†Sarah retorted.

“Like I'd do that,†Alex whispered.

“Jeez, you're pathetic you know that Darwin?†Sarah proclaimed.

Alex remains silent and continues sweeping.

“What, no retort?†Sarah asked with a slight grunt.

“Sarah, I'm really not in the mood right now,†Alex returned.

“Oh...?†Sarah asked raising an eyebrow, “Well, good.†she concluded, crossing her arms and sitting back on the desk. As she leaned backward, her cellphone began to ring from her bag.

“Hello?†Sarah said as she answered her phone, “Well I'm a bit busy at the moment,†She said glaring at Alex, “Oh... tomorrow? I see, alright, just don't go overboard like last time.â€

“Thank god it's Friday,†Alex whispered to himself.

“I heard that,†Sarah exclaimed.

“Whatever!†Alex shouted back.

“Sorry, so yeah anyway,†Sarah said going back to her phone.

After Alex finished cleaning and after Sarah yelled at him a few more times, he went home without saying another thing to her or anyway one else. As he walked through the door of his apartment, he dropped his bag on the floor and collapsed on the couch.

“Ugh,†He sighed grabbing the remote for the TV in front of him. He flipped on the TV and clicked through a few channels before shut it off again and dropping the remote on the floor.

“Come on!†He said burying his head into the couch. He rolled over and dropped his left arm over the edge of the couch, resting his right arm over his chest, “There's just no end to her is there?†He said letting out a yawn, “At least I can get a break from her for a bit. I'll just take to tomorrow to relax for a bit I guess.â€

The next day at around ten o'clock in the morning, Alex was lying across the couch flipping through channels on TV when the phone rang. Alex got up from the couch and stumbled over to the phone on the other side of the room.

“Hello?†Alex said picking the phone of the receiver.

“Good afternoon Alex, it's Sampson,†Sampson said from the other end of the line, “I was wondering if you could come down by the station sometime today if you could.â€

“Today?†Alex pondered, “Sure, might as well. I've got nothing to do anyway, I could head over right now if that's okay.â€

“Alright, I'll see when you get here.†Sampson said leaning back in his office chair, “say half an hour?â€

“Sure, I'll head out now,†Alex stated looking at the clock on the wall.

“Alright, see you in a bit,†Sampson proclaimed hanging up the phone.

“Yeah, see ya,†Alex returned doing the same.
---
Downtown in a clothing store in Ardent's shopping district, Sarah stood outside by a changing room.

“Are you down yet?†Sarah ask banging on the door a bit.

“Just about,†A voice called from the other side of the door.

“Madison seriously, is this guy even worth it?†Sarah asked letting out a sigh, “I mean this is what, the third one this week?â€

“Come on, help me out here. You should know what it's like right?†Madison retorted.

“What are you getting at Madison?†Sarah said raising an eyebrow.

“You know, that one guy you keep going on about,†Madison returned, “Al, or something. The one you said you were crazy for?â€

“Gah!†Sarah exclaimed, “Wait, you honestly don't think...â€

“Well how does this look?†Madison said opening the door, revealing her wearing a long pink dress with frills.

“Like a doll,†Sarah stated grabbing a bunch of random things from the hangers, “Here try these ones,†She added shoving the clothes into Madison's hands and pushing here back into the change room.

“Wait, but these are-†She began as she was quickly interrupted.

“I don't care!†Sarah cut in as she slammed the door in Madison's face, “And in case you forgot, I said that he drove me crazy!â€

“How many did you pick out?†Madison asked.

“You know what, I just going to step out for a bit okay, I'll be back in a second,†Sarah said as stormed off to the exit off the store and walked out the front door.

“Alright, now tell me again who I'm looking for?†A man asked into his cellphone as he turned the corner.

“I swear she is going to make me lose it,†Sarah bickered as she turned the corner bumping into the man on his phone.

“Hey watch where-†The man exclaimed before taking in a deep breathe.

“Oh sorry, my bad,†Sarah quickly said as she ran past the man.

“... Actually, never mind,†The man said into his phone as a small smirk formed on his face, “I just found them.â€
---
Down at the police station Alex walked in through the front door, Sampson was standing by the door to his office waiting for him to arrive.

“Alex, it's good to see you,†Sampson said walking up to Alex and patting him on the shoulder.

“Yeah, same.†Alex returned, “So, what exactly did you call me down here for?â€

“Come right this way and I'll show you,†Sampson said gesturing down the hallway.

The two walked down a long corridor to the garage of the station. Sampson opened the side door and walked through as Alex followed.

“Just a bit further,†Sampson said as he came up to a small garage door. “Now Alex, what makes an officer as effective as they are when they're called on to aid the public?â€

“Ah... their vehicles?†Alex answered.

“Exactly, we wouldn't get anything done if we had to walk everywhere,†Sampson said pulling up the door to the garage, “and the same is true for you,†He concluded as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a remote. He hit the red button on the remote as what sounded like the hum of a motorcycle filled the room.

A black motorcycle rolled out of the garage. The bike had two large red X's along both sides of it and a similar X pattern to Alex's Star Runner form's mask adorning the windshield.

“Alex, I present to you the X Cyclone. May it be your noble stead as you ride into battle,†Sampson proclaimed handing Alex the remote.

“Yeah, it will,†Alex returned taking the remote from Sampson.

“Chief, we've got a one-oh-five alert downtown,†Marcoh called from Sampson's radio.

“A Dopant?†Sampson answered.

“Yeah, and by the report, it's a big one,†Marcoh verified.

“Alright, over and out,†Sampson stated shutting off his radio, “Alex.â€

“Right, I'm on it,†Alex proclaimed jumping on the bike.

“Oh, and if any officers give you any trouble, show them this,†Sampson instructed handing Alex a leather wallet.

“What is it?†Alex asked opening the wallet to reveal a silver badge.

“A freelancer license, it proves that you a registered and under the supervision of the police,†Sampson stated, “Basically, as long as you have this, no one outside the law can touch you.â€

“Right, got it, and thanks,†Alex said revving the engine of the X Cyclone and driving out of the garage.

“Your welcome!†Sampson exclaimed, “and good luck.â€

“Alright, here goes,†Alex said pulling out the Star and Runner memories as his driver materialized around his waist. He slammed both memories into the corresponding slots on his driver, “Henshin.â€

“Star! Runner!†The driver called out as his Star Runner armor formed around him.

“Here we go,†Alex said turning a corner.

---
Back downtown, a being covered in flames had Sarah backed up against a wall.

“So, you're the one that has the boss in such a hot tizzy?†The being covered in fire asked asked grabbing Sarah by the throat, “I'm going to enjoy this,†He added licking his lips, “more then you could imagine.â€

{End of Part A}
{Start of Part B}

The man covered in fire tightened his grip on Sarah's throat.

“What's the matter cutie?†He asked taking in a deep breathe, “Cat got your tongue?â€

Sarah gasped for air as she attempted to break free from the man's grip. “I...†Sarah murmured as the roar of a motorcycle filled the air.

Alex turned a street corner and drove right up to the dopant that held Sarah hostage.

“Hm?†The Dopant looked behind him and gawked at Alex, “Well, this is interesting,†He proclaimed looked back at Sarah, “It appears my nose must be playing tricks on me,†He concluded as he lowered Sarah to ground.

“Sarah? What's she doing here?†Alex thought to himself as he spotted the unconscious Sarah. “That hostage you have, let her go!†Alex demanded.

“Oh, you mean this one?†The dopant asked raising Sarah to Alex, “Why do you care if I do? You don't know her do you?â€

“Shut it, just let her go!†Alex barked.

“Very well then,†The Dopant smirked. He then stepped back and proceeded to throw Sarah up into the air, “Catch!†He cackled as he sent Sarah flying.

“Crap!†Alex exclaimed as he revved up the engine and drove up to catch Sarah. Alex then leapt into the air as his motorcycle took control of itself and drove past the Dopant. Alex cought Sarah and landed on the otherside of his opponent.

“Hey?†Alex asked as he shook Sarah awake.

“Hm?...†Sarah grunted as her eyes opened.

“You alright?†Alex asked as he held Sarah in his arms.

“Yeah.†Sarah said as she looked into the eyes of Alex's mask.

“That's good,†Alex returned.

“Aw, how touching,†The Dopant said mockingly, “Now if you don't mind, I'd need to kill you now.â€

“Get out of here,†Alex instructed to Sarah putting her on her feet.

Sarah got back on her feet, “But-â€

“Just go,†Alex interrupted, “I'll handle this guy,†he added with a smirk under his mask.

“Wait, who are you?†Sarah asked.

“A friend,†Alex said, “Now get out of here!â€

“Right, I got it,†Sarah stated running off from the battle.

“How heroic,†The Dopant spat, “Letting her get away while you stay and fight, you're either really courageous or just really really stu-†The dopant was cut off by Alex dashing over to him and ramming fist into his face cocking neck head until it was about to break.

“Shut your mouth,†Alex said glaring angrly at the Dopant.

“Gladly,†The Dopant said as he sent a burst of fire out from his body sending Alex flying back.

“Who the hell are you?†Alex barked at the Dopant.

“My associates call me Flame,†The dopant returned twisting his neck back into place “however today I'll simply be known as your executioner... Subject X.â€

“He's not even phased by my attack, I'll need to try a different method,†Alex thought to himself as he removed the Star and Runner memories from his driver and replaced the them with Blade and Kicker, “Let's give this a try.†Alex said as he split apart the slots on his driver.

“Blade! Kicker!†The driver called out as the Star Runner armor was replaced with Blade Kicker and the Blajalibur formed in his hand.

“I'll make this quick,†Alex said as he pulled out the Blade memory and inserted it into the hilt of his sword.

“Blade! Maximum Drive!†The memory called out as Alex swung the sword over his shoulder and locking on to the outside of the armour on his lower right leg with the flat side of the blade facing the Dopant.

“Alex stretched his right leg forward and waited about three seconds for the memory to charge before hitting the button on the side of his belt and leaping into the air.

"Full Blade Kick!" Alex exclaimed as the sword swung around as Alex delivered a side kick to the Dopant only to have his kick simply phase through his opponent.

“What?†Alex gawked puzzled as fell to the ground on the other side of the Dopant.

“You honestly didn't expect a steel based memory to work against a flame based one did you?†The Dopant asked rhetorically.

“Steel... based?†Alex asked as he stumbled to his feet.

“Wait, you don't know?†The Dopant asked as he turned to Alex, “Most if not all memories have a different element in which their power is based on. There are some that do not require them but for the most part they do. For instance, mine uses a flame base while the two that you are currently using both use a steal base. Fire is needed to create steal, and therefor steal is inferior to fire, get it?â€

“Wait, why are you telling me this?†Alex asked.

“Because, it's just not fun to fight an opponent on a lower level,†The Flame Dopant proclaimed, “Tell you what kid, I'm in a good mood today so I'll show mercy. Brush up on your homework a little bit and then come and find me within the next twentyfour hours, if not, I'll find you.â€

“Wait, we're not finished here!†Alex ba“Oh, and I wouldn't waste any of the little time you have,†the Flame Dopant warned as he began to fade away “You wouldn't want anything to happen to that cute little girl friend of yours now would you?â€

“Like hell I would,†Alex yelled as he charged towards the Dopant as the last few sparks he left behind burnt out. Alex then came to a grinding halt, “damn it,†he shouted punching the air.

In that same second, his cell phone rang.

“Sampson?†Alex said as he read the caller ID. He flipped it open and hit the pick up button, “Hello?â€

“Alex, we lost the signal. What happened?†Sampson asked.

“He... he got away,†Alex explained, “Anyway, since we're on the subject, I'd like you to look into something. It seems that these memories have more to them then we thought.â€

To Be Continued

Descends From Shadows

Man that Flame guy really gives me the creeps. How will Alex fair against the Flame Dopant now that he has more information on how the memories work?

That's for me to decide and for you to find out Kamen Rider Xtreme continues with Episode 5: Fuel to the Flames!

Descends From Shadows
Episode 5: Fuel to the Flames

The Flame Dopant stood atop a large tower by the Ardent City water front, he tapped his fingers on the metal of the tower as he took in a deep breathe.

“What exactly are your planning,†Derek said as he appeared behind him, “Flame.â€

“Ah, Commander Fury,†Flame said with a smirk, “I am simply doing as you instructed, taking care of Subject X as I see fit.â€

“Last I checked, informing the target on the base properties of a memory was not as instructed,†Derek stated, “Mind telling me exactly why you did that?â€

“To give him a bit of intrigue,†Flame returned, “I needed to allow him to think he has the edge, otherwise it won't be much fun at all. Call it 'baiting the trap' if you will.â€

“Are you sure he'll act as you predict?†Derek asked raising an eyebrow.

“Trust me, he will,†Flame proclaimed crossing his arms and looking over the city, “Or I'll go to him.†He added as he let out a small maniacal laugh, “Prepare yourself X, your world will soon be but a smouldering ash in the pit of a roaring blaze.â€

“Alright, so let me see if I have this,†Sampson said looking over a stack of notes, “So all memories have an elemental base, is strongest against one but weakest against another sort of like a game of rock paper scissors. Is that right?†Sampson asked looking over to Alex.

“Pretty much,†Alex said from the other side of Sampson's office “That's what the Flame guy said at least. Steel is weak against fire, and that's why my sword just phased right through him.â€

“Well it seems to me that the it all goes around in one big loop,†Sampson proclaimed, “if steel is the weakest against fire then all we to do is...â€

“Is find a memory that has a element base that's the strongest against fire,†Marcoh stated as he walked into the room.

“Yeah, that's what I was going to say,†Sampson chuckled.

“Alright, but what would that base be?†Alex asked crossing his arms and looking towards the ceiling, “More importantly, how many different bases are there?â€

“Not sure of the second part,†Marcoh began, “But the first should be obvious.â€

“How do you mean?†Alex stood puzzled.

“Well, what does a fireman use to put out a fire?†Marcoh asked.

Alex thought for a second “... Water!†he snapped.

“Exactly,†Marcoh said back to him, “Do you have one?â€

“Well, I don't... think so,†Alex said as he searched through his pockets.

“Hold on Alex,†Sampson said getting up from his desk, “How many memories do you have anyway?â€

“Hm, let's see...†Alex thought counting his fingers, “Star, runner, blade, kicker, blast and...†Alex's eyes widened, “Diver!†Alex reached into his pocket and pulled out the diver memory and shoved it into Marcoh's face, “Water!â€

Marcoh took the memory from Alex and held it in front of his face, “Well, it looks like what we need. How does it work?â€

“Well... I don't know actually,†Alex said hanging his head.

Marcoh raised an eyebrow and his eyes widened, “How can you not know?â€

“Well, I've never used it,†Alex explained as he pulled out Star and Runner, “Star and Runner are the ones I use the most often. With Star's skills in hand-to-hand and combat and Runner's speed it's almost like a default of sorts,†Alex placed the two memories on Sampson's desk next to Diver.

“I see,†“and what about the two you used in that fight against the previous Dopant?â€

Alex pulled out Blade and Kicker, “Blade is basically just an armor and weapon attachment. Even with it's heavy armor it's still highly maneuverable in close quarters. Now although it will work with any of the three left sided memories, it seems to have a rather strong connection to Kicker specifically. It can definitely take a beating alright. Though it does have it's draw backs, what with it's maximum drive not being very efficient and all.â€

“and what of Blast?†Marcoh asked.

“Blast adds a gun and armor designed for increased accuracy,†Alex explained, “Yet it does have a rather interesting feature to it.â€

“How so?†Marcoh asked raising an eyebrow.

“The shots it fires seem to vary depending on the memory it's patterned with,†Alex proclaimed, “When paired with Runner it simply fires burst of some form of energy, however with Kicker it doubles as a grappling hook.â€

“Then it should be that with Diver, it possibly might be a water based round or something along those lines,†Sampson said examining the Diver memory.

“That might be true, but there's still one thing that's still bothering me,†Marcoh said turning to Alex, “Why didn't you try every possible combination to figure out what all these memories did with one another?†Marcoh growled.

“It...†Alex thought for a second “uh?â€

“Never occurred to you?†Marcoh retorted.

Alex simply nodded back.

“Thought so,†Marcoh sighed.

“Marcoh,†Sampson interrupted.

“Yes chief?†Marcoh returned.

“Go easy on him,†Sampson returned with his usual smirk, “It's not like he planned to lead this life.â€

“Alright, I'll just run these notes by information and we'll get back to this after lunch,†Marcoh said picking up his notes and heading for the door.

“Alright then, sounds good,†Sampson said lying back in at his desk a bit, “Oh, and Marcoh.â€

“Yes chief?†Marcoh looked back.

“Leave the boys name out of it,†Sampson instructed, “We wouldn't want any... unneeded attention from the higher ups.â€

“Right, understood,†Marcoh said as he left the room, closing the door behind him.

“Um... unwanted attention?†Alex tilted his head.

“Oh it's nothing really,†Sampson stated, “it would just be far to complicated if the higher ups found out that we had a high school student working with us.â€

“But, what about that freelancer badge you gave me?†Alex asked.

“That only covers on field work and your identity as...†Sampson sat up in his chair, “come to think of it, we haven't even decided on a name yet have we?â€

“A... name?†Alex stumbled.

“Every hero needs a name,†Sampson stated.

Alex stood puzzled, “What, you mean like Batman?â€

“Well, not that exactly but-†Sampson began to explain as Alex's phone began to ring.

“Uh, could you hold that thought?†Alex said answering the call.

“By all means,†Sampson gesturing in a way to signal Alex's freedom to pick up the call.

“Right, thanks,†Alex said stepping out into the hall.
Alex stepped out into the hall and closed the door to Sampson's office behind him. He then flipped open his phone and hit the pick up button.

“Hello, this Alex,†He said into the phone.

“Dude, where the hell are you?!†Cole shouted from the other end of the line.

“Uh... hi Cole,†Alex said pulling the phone away from his ear.

“Don't 'hi' me!†Cole yelled back “What time do you think it is? You just woke up didn't you? You know just because it's the weekend, that doesn't mean that you can just lie in bed all day.â€

“Wait, back up a bit...†Alex said looking up at the ceiling, “what are you going on about?â€

“Oh my god, you didn't actually forget did you?†Cole scowled, “Remember that movie you wanted to see, with the one night screening? Fuwella Maggie or something?â€

Alex's eyes widen, “Oh crap, Madoka!â€

“Yeah that, well it starts in about an hour so you better get down here,†Cole said looking around, “Seems to be selling out rather quickly though.â€

Alex ran for the door of the station “Crap, we might not-â€

“Don't worry, I picked up the tickets in advance,†Cole stated.

“Oh... that's a relief,†Alex said stopping in his tracks, “Thanks Cole, glad to have someone as reliable as you for a friend.â€

“Hey, one of has to be,†Cole retorted.

“Oh shut up,†Alex snarked back at him.

“Alright,†Cole chuckled, “just get down here already.â€

“Will do,†Alex said looking over to Sampson's office, “Just need to tie up something over here.â€

Cole chuckled, “K, see ya.â€

“Yeah, later,†Alex said clicking the hang up button on his phone and putting it into his pocket.

Alex walked over to Sampson's office.

“Hey, Sampson?†Alex asked as he stepped into the doorway of the office.

“Yes, Alex?†Sampson returned.

“I kind of made plans for today and... um...†Alex mumbled.

“You were wondering if you could go hang out with friends at the cinema, correct?†Sampson said completing the rest of Alex's question.

“Um... yeah,†Alex said hanging his a bit.

“Sure, go a head,†Sampson said with a grin, “We can handle the rest of the investigation from here, after all we still have another twenty hours or so until our fire friend comes looking for you. We'll have something figured out by then.â€

“Okay, thanks!†Alex shouted running out the front door of the station.

Sampson shouted back to Alex as he ran out the door, “You're welcome.â€

---​
Alex burst through the front doors of the theater and ran down to where Cole was waiting for him. He hunched over his knees panting rapidly.

Cole rolled his eyes slightly, “About time you got here.â€

“Sorry about that,†Alex said catching his breathe, “I got held up a bit.â€

“I see...†Cole said handing Alex his ticket, “Now come on, the movie is going to start soon.â€

“Alright, great.†Alex grabbed the ticket with a grin and ran into the cinema, “You are going to love this one.â€

“This isn't another one of your weird anime shows is it?†Cole asked walking after him.

Alex stopped for a second and stared at Cole, “... no, of course not... What would give you that idea?â€

“Just checking,†Cole said as the two walked into the black room of the theater.

Alex charged into the theater, “Madoka!â€

{End of Part A}​
{Star of Part B}​

Alex and Cole walked out of the theater along with the huge crowd of people that saw the movie with them.

“Man, that last bit makes me cry every time,†Alex said whipping his eyes, “Well, wasn't that awesome?â€

Cole stood confused for a second, “Um... well.â€

“Well what?†Alex asked.

“Well... it was definitely something,†Cole returned nodding his head slowly.
“Something?†Alex asked raising an eyebrow, “Madoka Magica is perfection through and through, there's not a single wrong with it. Go a head, try.â€

Cole stopped, “... Why does everyone have rainbow hair?â€

Alex thought for a second, “That's just anime, it's all-â€

“A what was with that creepy rat looking thing?†Cole continued, “and why didn't green hair do anything aside from being *****? And how was black hair able to jump from one part of a room to another without moving? And-â€

“Okay, I get it!†Alex exclaimed, “Although that last one did get an explaination, you really got learn to read more.â€

“Oh yeah, you're one to talk aren't you,†Cole retorted, “Honestly though, why do you like this kind of stuff anyway?â€

“Because, I find it inspiring,†Alex explained, “It's stuff like Madoka that helps me remember that even when it feels like the whole world is against you, as long as you have hope things will work out in the end.â€

Cole raised an eyebrow, “Modeka helps you see that?â€

“It's Madoka,†Alex corrected him, “and yes. You say I've got to grow up a bit, but you're the one that needs to open their mind up a bit.â€

“Uh huh,†Cole sighed, “Well, that does make sense. You're always getting strange interpretations from anything. I swear, I'll just never get you.â€

“I'm not really asking you to,†Alex said taking in a deep breathe.

At that moment Alex's cell phone began to ring.

“Hm,†Alex said as he pulled out his phone and answered it, “Hello?â€

“Alex,†Marcoh said from the other end of the line, “We just figured out a way to deal with Flame.â€

“Oh, I see,†Alex returned.

“We're just unsure of one little thing,†Marcoh stated, “We need you to come down to the station for to verify if what we have in mind will work.

“Alright, I'll be right there,†Alex said hanging up his phone, “Uh, Cole... Something just came up so I, uh...â€

“You need to take care of it?†Cole asked.

“Um, yeah,†Alex said hanging his head, “I'm sorry.â€

“It's okay,†Cole said patting Alex on the shoulder, “Just don't get yourself into too much trouble, okay?â€

“Alright, I won't,†Alex said brushing off Cole's hand as he began to run down the road.

“See yah,†Cole shouted down the road.

“Yeah later,†Alex shouted back.

---​
Alex burst into Sampson's office where Sampson and Marcoh were waiting patiently for him to arrive.

“About time,†Marcoh stated.

“Uh... sorry,†Alex said hanging his head in shame, “I ran down here as fast as I-â€

“That's not important right now,†Sampson interrupted, “After all, we still have a lot of work to do before tomorrow.â€

“Right,†Alex said standing back up right.

“Now then Alex,†Marcoh began, “I'm going to need your full cooperation for this.â€

---​
The next day, Flame stood looking over the water front.

“So... today's the day,†He said with a smirk, “X should be arriving anytime now.â€

Small footsteps filled the air.

“and there he is,†Flame said turning to face Alex who walked up behind him, “I trust you followed my advice?â€

Alex simply nodded.

Flame returned with a smirk, “Good...†He pulled out a red memory and held it in front of Alex, “Now then, shall we?â€

“Flame!†The memory called out as Flame hit the button.

Alex pulled out the Star and Runner memories and slammed them into his driver as Flame rammed his memory into his wrist.

“Star! Runner!†The driver called out as the respective armor formed around Alex and his opponent was engulfed in fire.

Alex leapt into the air and threw himself forward with a single punch ramming himself straight through the Flame Dopant. He then threw a round house kick towards the Dopant's face which followed with a back kick to the spine of his opponent.

“You've got moves kid,†Flame stated recovering from the blow and cracking his neck, “but this ain't a dance off.â€

“Well, let's try something else then,†Alex said as he removed the Star and Runner memories from his driver and replaced them with Blade and Kicker.

“Blade! Kicker!†The driver called out as the Star Runner armour was replaced with Blade Kicker's and the Blajaliber formed in his hand.

“Will he ever learn?†Flame thought shaking his head, “I already told you that's not going to-â€

Before he could finish Alex tore through Flame's blaze with a single kick, and arm fell limp.

Flame gawked at Alex in shock and then returned to his signature smirk, “Interesting, what exactly did you do to me back there?â€

“Simple,†Alex said returning to his feet, “While Blade is ineffective against fire based memories, it's counter part is. After I looked into, I discovered that the best possible way to fight your blaze was to weaken it. That's where Kicker comes in, it's elemental base is wood.â€

Flame chuckled at the explanation, “Wouldn't wood only feed my flame and make it stronger?â€

“Yes,†Alex returned, “But it still has to dedicate it's energy in order to digest it.†Alex said as he removed the Blade and Kicker memories from his driver, “Which is where part two comes in.†He added as he pulled out Blast and Diver and slammed them into the slots.

“Blast! Diver!†The driver called out as the Blast armour formed around Alex along with teal leg armour and flippers materialized from the feet.

“Your rampage...†Alex said as he slammed the Blast memory into his blaster, “ends here,â€

“Blast! Maximum Drive!†The memory called out as it began to charge.

Alex pulled back on the trigger as a big blast of water shot out of the barrel, “Diving Blast Charge!†He shouted as Flame was engulfed by the blast of water and pushed over the docks.

“Good move kid...†Flame whispered as he fell into the water and his fires went out, “You've earned my respect.â€

---​
Moments later, Sampson and his team had arrived on the scene and were loading Flame into the back of a patrol car.

Sampson was standing by Alex who had deactivated his driver, “Good work Alex, glad to see we can count on you.â€

“Thank you sir,†Alex said bowing his head a bit. He looked around for a second “Hey, where's Marcoh?â€

“Paperwork,†Sampson returned.

“For?†Alex asked raising an eyebrow.

“For why the research lab was flooded,†Sampson said with a slight chuckle.

“I see,†Alex nodded back.

“Oh, that reminds me,†Sampson said slapping Alex on the back, “I figured a name for you.â€

“Oh, yeah... that,†Alex sighed, “Look sir, no offense but-â€

“Hear me out, this is a good one,†Sampson said stretching his arm out to the sky, “Kamen Rider.â€

“Uh... Common Rider?†Alex tilted his head, “What exactly doe a name given to a hero who will defend the peace and fight for justice,†Sampson interrupted, “Well, that's what she said anyway.â€

“She?†Alex pondered, “Oh, you mean my mother right?â€

“Yep,†Sampson said.

“Hm,†Alex thought for a second, “I like it... Kamen Rider.â€

---​
“So Flame was defeated?†Vainglory asked as he took in a deep breathe.

“Yes, Commander,†Derek said hanging his head.

“It seems that I have misjudged you,†Vainglory sighed while tapping his fingers along the side of his arm rest, “Although, subject X has proven himself rather capable. Spite, Fury.â€

“Yes Commander?†the two said in unison.

“The two of you are to no longer engage subject X in battle,†Vainglory stated.

“But...why?†Rylee asked.

“He may prove to be far more valuable than we first thought,†Vainglory explained, “Be sure to keep a close watch on him.â€

“Sir, I must advise-†Rylee mumbled before getting cut off.

“Do you doubt my judgement Spite?†Vainglory questioned.

“N-no sir,†Rylee returned.

Vainglory smirked “I thought you wouldn't.â€

To Be Continued