Kamen Rider x Super Sentai x Space Sheriff: Super Hero Taisen Z Re-evaluations!!!

"Let's DRIVING!!!!!"
Just finished re-watching this movie, last night and I actually thought about why so many people think that it was the "second worst" of the Super Hero Taisen movie series. But, to be honest....I don't think it's that bad, because honestly, it doesn't really feel like I'm watching a sequel to the first Super Hero Taisen movie. It almost feels like I'm watching a sequel to the events after Space Sheriff Gavan: The Movie and the events of Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters set in another dimension that is separate from the main universe, since the team-up between the Go-Busters and the Gokaigers is officially non-canon. So maybe it's best to say that the events of the Go-Busters' encounters with Gavan Type-G, the Gokaigers and later on Kamen Rider Wizard and the Kyoryugers will probably be set in some kind of an alternate universe. Although, the continuity between the Kyoryugers' main storyline and their team-ups with Gavan, Wizard, Beast, and the Go-Busters would feel a bit awkward and kind of confusing since they act like the events after Super Hero Taisen Z never happened. But, that's just my little head-cannon trying to breath into too much thoughts in all of this.

Anyways, the movie doesn't really feel like I'm watching a crossover between Space Sheriff Gavan, Kamen Rider Wizard and the Kyoryugers, to me. I actually feels like a Space Sheriff Gavan movie sequel that just so happens to have Kamen Rider and Super Sentai in it. Kind of like how Power Rangers Mystic Force feels like a magical fantasy-themed TV show that just so happens to have Power Rangers in it for a lot of reasons. Now, my only complaint about the movie is that Wizard didn't really do much, but just showed up in the first act and then disappear in the second act and then return for the final battle of the third act. The Kyoryugers are just okay, because they have their own story to finish now that Kyoryu Gold made his appearance after Brave 10. Other than that, I didn't mind the movie giving Yoko a more touch subplot with her relationship with Psyclone and her own issues of her superiors thinking of her as still a little girl, even though she's gonna be turning 18, some time later. And Gai's inclusion in the movie, is just an okay idea. But, I think it would've been wiser if he wasn't made into a main focus character in the movie. Not, that I have anything against Gai. But, it's just that he's more of a sentai fanboy and I kind of would've prefer Torin to step in an inform the Kyoryugers on what's going on in the situation.

Overall, I thought Super Hero Taisen Z was actually an okay movie. But, I think it's best to look at it as a sequel to Space Sheriff Gavan: The Movie, instead.

Last edited:
Super Hero Taisen Z wasn't a bad movie, but it could be a little better. The writers could have done it as a simple Kamen Rider Wizard with Kyoryugers movie with a cameo appearance from Gavan in it. :(