Kamen Rider x Super Sentai: Super Hero Taisen Re-Evaluations/Movie Rant!!!

"Let's DRIVING!!!!!"
If I haven't repeated myself before, then I'll say it just this once....I....F@#$'N HATE THIS MOVIE!!!!!!>8(

The biggest thing that really pissed me off about this movie is that it didn't even have a freakin' plot at all. It's just fight after fight after fight after fight after fight after fight, but with no humanity or any actual care of love for the material at all. But what's really frustrated me the most about this movie, is that almost everyone in this movie feels a bit out of character, most particularly, Captain Marvelous (Gokai Red) and Joe Gibken (Gokai Blue). I mean, if this movie had actually done better and just explain why the Kamen Riders and the Super Sentai have to fight each other in like a "Battle Royale"-esque tournament for survival, or if there was like a living entity that bring the two sides and forcing them to fight each other, just for the sheer joy of entertainment and sportsmanship (alas The Hunger Games movie adaptations), then maybe this would've been a better explanation as two why the Riders and Sentai teams have to fight each other. But no....it's because Owner had to reference the fact that the Kamen Riders lost their respective time slot in 1975 after Kamen Rider Amazon's final episode aired on TV and in the next week, Goranger replaced the Kamen Rider series in that particular time slot.

And worst of all, making Kamen Rider DiEnd, the final boss villain in this movie because he felt "betrayed" by Tsukasa, even though they were never even friends from the beginning?!

This movie just really, really, really irritated me for years, and it's still a terrible movie crossover. Hell, it makes Alien VS Predator and Freddy VS Jason look like X-Men VS Street Fighter and Marvel VS Capcom.

If you're really into wanting to see a mix between the Kamen Riders and Super Sentai interacting with each other, then don't bother watching this movie. Stick with either Shuriken Sentai Ninninger VS Kamen Rider Drive or Hell, go check out the four-part Kamen Rider Decade x Samurai Sentai Shinkenger crossover, instead. At least with those two crossover, they actually do have a plot, which is more than what I can say about this piece of sh*t movie!!!!

Well, I've talked enough about this crossover and why it really made me mad thinking about it. And thankfully, I won't ever have to mention or think about this movie ever again.

But what about you think about this movie? Did you love or did you hate it?

I've never seen any of the Taisen movies (though I plan to see the last two), based on all the bad reviews it's gotten and the lack of any sensible plot. This first movie could've worked as a kind of what-if scenario: if Tsukasa did wind up as Dai Shocker's leader and Marvelous ended up joining Zangyack. Both groups would be hunting down and eliminating Riders and Rangers, so a "dream team" of both assemble to defeat them. Preferably the original actors of this team would reprise their roles and be from throughout all four decades instead of just the most recent shows like Gao and Bouken vs SS did.

R

raden238

I actually enjoyed Super Hero Taisen 1. Yes it didn't make any sense, most Toku movies make no sense and mess up the continuity of series. This film was important for Toku history because it was All Riders vs All Sentai (not exactly but close enough). It garnered enough interest in Japan to win #1 in the box office for opening weekend. Very few Toku films open at #1. This movie was about putting on spectacle, it pit Decade vs Gokai Red, Kamen Ride vs Gokai Change, Hero vs Hero. I thought the fights between Decade/Fourze vs Gokaiger/Go-Busters was epic. I know a lot of fans hated the scenes where the Riders and Sentais would kill each other easily and send them to the other dimension but again this film was about putting on a show rather than going for the most interesting story. Think of it as fan service but compensated by Toei.

Super Hero War sucks because it goes beyond making no sense, it is downright fucking incoherent. It is just a series of poorly choreographed action sequences tied together by the flimsiest of all storylines and dragged out to over 90 minutes. If one of the main cast members had screamed "Why are Riders and Sentai fighting?!" one more goddamned time, I would have hunted Shirakura down myself. DiEnd's story arc is typical nonsense as Yonemura proves once again he has no idea what the **** to do with his character. There are not enough veteran actors reprising their roles for an event as huge as this. And did I mention the poor fight choreography?

**** this dogshit.

"Let's DRIVING!!!!!"
This first movie could've worked as a kind of what-if scenario: if Tsukasa did wind up as Dai Shocker's leader and Marvelous ended up joining Zangyack. Both groups would be hunting down and eliminating Riders and Rangers, so a "dream team" of both assemble to defeat them. Preferably the original actors of this team would reprise their roles and be from throughout all four decades instead of just the most recent shows like Gao and Bouken vs SS did.

Now that could work as an actual plot for this movie. I mean, it has more of an "Expandables"-vibe to it, after all.

I've never seen any of the Taisen movies (though I plan to see the last two), based on all the bad reviews it's gotten and the lack of any sensible plot.

Well, I would only advise you to just watch Shuriken Sentai Ninninger vs. Kamen Rider Drive, Super Hero Taisen GP and Kamen Rider Youngou as a movie trilogy marathon since they did established that Shoji Yonemura can't get anything write when it comes to establishing characters in his own crossover movies. But Kamen Rider Taisen?! Yeah, don't bother because it's just the same as the first Super Hero Taisen movie, only thing is that they made the Showa-era Rider look like the real main villains in the movie instead of ZX's enemies, the Underground Empire Badan. Plus, you have to pick a finale to see how the movie would end. But trust me...I think it's best to just stick with Super Hero Taisen Z, and skip the other two movies since they're not actually cannon, anyways. But, that's just my opinion, though.

Yes it didn't make any sense, most Toku movies make no sense and mess up the continuity of series.

No, not true. Not all of them do that. You see, it only depends on how well the screenplay writing is and where the movies could or could not be placed in the main continuity of the respective Kamen Rider and Super Sentai shows because of what the events would dictate and how they're being executed. That's about it.

Nah, Super Hero War Z sucks too, just less. It's still an absolute mess of a movie, but it at least seems to have a bit more focus (although it clearly has no idea what to do with Kamen Rider Wizard and just throws him out of the movie for a while).

Out of all of the Super Hero War movies, the only one that's even decent is Kamen Rider War. The final battle between the Heisei and Showa Riders is completely pointless and the plot is pretty predictable, but there are quite a few good qualities to it. The X and Faiz subplot is really awesome and should have been its own movie, Takeshi Hongo returning in the flesh has a huge impact, Decade and W have a really fun storyline together, and the fight choreography is way improved over the previous two films.

The only good thing to come out of Super Hero War GP was Kamen Rider #4. Not even kidding, that movie gave me a bad headache near the end with all of the "reveals".

"Let's DRIVING!!!!!"
Super Hero War Z sucks too, just less. It's still an absolute mess of a movie, but it at least seems to have a bit more focus (although it clearly has no idea what to do with Kamen Rider Wizard and just throws him out of the movie for a while).
Soooo....basically, what you're telling me is that SHTZ is the "Least-Awful" out of all the Super Hero Taisen movies. Well, that's probably one of the reasons why you've convinced me to actually liked that movie even more.

Out of all of the Super Hero War movies, the only one that's even decent is Kamen Rider War. The final battle between the Heisei and Showa Riders is completely pointless and the plot is pretty predictable, but there are quite a few good qualities to it. The X and Faiz subplot is really awesome and should have been its own movie, Takeshi Hongo returning in the flesh has a huge impact, Decade and W have a really fun storyline together, and the fight choreography is way improved over the previous two films.
Yeah, I think I've already talked about that after re-watching the movie....Click here!!

The only good thing to come out of Super Hero War GP was Kamen Rider #4. Not even kidding, that movie gave me a bad headache near the end with all of the "reveals".
Hey, at least the net-movies have a much better writer that really should've been the main screenplay writer for Super Hero Taisen GP. I mean, seriously, Shoji Yonemura just completely gave up after making the "third installment" and to think that this idiot was mentored by Toshiki Inoue?! What a maroon!!!!:laugh: