Professional Chef and Entertainer
But... what happened to Haruto's phantom the dragon? Does it still live?

And when will Haruto fall to despair to become the Dragon Phantom?

That includes Chimaera. When will it be set free?

the chimera is not a phantom like haruto's, it was an ancient beast that is the source of the beast driver's powers. since when the beast driver was sealed to only be found in the future, the phantoms weren't around yet. are you even watching the show?

- Actually, I'm pretty certain Chimera is meant to be a Phantom, just a cannibalistic one. Looks like a Phantom, acts like a Phantom, was surrounded by Ghouls, and there's nothing to suggest that there's any other kind of magical creature apart from Phantoms, and everything to suggest that this is not the first time Phantoms have been born from Gates, since there's clearly some kind of history regarding Wiseman and the White Wizard that we don't know about yet.

So yeah. Chimera. Probably a Phantom, not just a nondescript 'ancient beast'.

EDIT: Oh, and we had Legion's remark about Kosuke being not quite human but not quite Phantom either, which does kind of suggest that Chimera is at least Phantom-esque.

A simple passerby...
- Actually, I'm pretty certain Chimera is meant to be a Phantom, just a cannibalistic one. Looks like a Phantom, acts like a Phantom, was surrounded by Ghouls, and there's nothing to suggest that there's any other kind of magical creature apart from Phantoms, and everything to suggest that this is not the first time Phantoms have been born from Gates, since there's clearly some kind of history regarding Wiseman and the White Wizard that we don't know about yet.

So yeah. Chimera. Probably a Phantom, not just a nondescript 'ancient beast'.

EDIT: Oh, and we had Legion's remark about Kosuke being not quite human but not quite Phantom either, which does kind of suggest that Chimera is at least Phantom-esque.

I think it's due to Nitou's complex relationship with Chimera. Chimera wasn't his Phantom to begin with, it simply resides in his underworld. With Haruto, the Dragon Phantom is pretty much himself, in a darker twisted state with no sense of humanity. Chimera can't make Nitou fall into despair because Nitou wasn't a Gate to begin with.

Henshin a Go-Go!!
I think it's due to Nitou's complex relationship with Chimera. Chimera wasn't his Phantom to begin with, it simply resides in his underworld. With Haruto, the Dragon Phantom is pretty much himself, in a darker twisted state with no sense of humanity. Chimera can't make Nitou fall into despair because Nitou wasn't a Gate to begin with.

Don't you have to be a gate with a phantom inside of you to use magic? Maybe the Chimera was just able to decide whoever it wanted to use as a gate...

A simple passerby...
Don't you have to be a gate with a phantom inside of you to use magic? Maybe the Chimera was just able to decide whoever it wanted to use as a gate...

Well... I don't think so. White Wizard said you gain magical potential when you overcome your Phantom, and I think with Nitou, he pretty much accepted Chimera, which instantly "gave" him magical potential without ever having to be a Gate.

EDIT: I figure it's like how in Naruto the Jinchuriki's can draw power from the Tailed Beasts and all.

Well... I don't think so. White Wizard said you gain magical potential when you overcome your Phantom, and I think with Nitou, he pretty much accepted Chimera, which instantly "gave" him magical potential without ever having to be a Gate.

EDIT: I figure it's like how in Naruto the Jinchuriki's can draw power from the Tailed Beasts and all.

The way I understand it, only Gates have Phantoms, so only they have magical power. However, Nitou is different in that because he became a de facto Gate due to Chimera being inside him.

I'll be really pissed if Sora Strong Will is a trick to create another phantom like what Madusa did when she screw Mayo twin sister relationship.

Last edited:
I am KamenRiderPEZ
The way I understand it, only Gates have Phantoms, so only they have magical power. However, Nitou is different in that because he became a de facto Gate due to Chimera being inside him.

This debate about Chimera has gone on for far too long. This show has had bad pacing. There are several things they could have done to pad out the plot if they only wanted to give us little bits every now and then or loading all the plot into the end of the show, which is where it seems we are going.

There needs to be some in-show explanation of what Chimera is and how that alters Nitou.

Here are 4 options.
1. Chimera is a Phantom that was somehow sealed.
2. Chimera is not a Phantom, he is some other magical creature
3. Chimera is an ancient-Wizard created Phantom, that MUST eat other Phantoms, possibly in the hope to destroy all Ohantoms and then Chimera eats its user and goes dormant to be used in the furture if other Phantoms arise.
4. Chimera is an ancient-Wizard created Phantom-like creature, possibly created from bits of other Phantoms and given a benevolent, anti-Phantom will.

For Nitou being a Gate or not
1. He is a normal human who uses magic through enchanted items, which use Chimera's Mana
2. He has become a Wizard like Haruto by having a Phantom inside of him, and now has his own Mana, which is close to nothing, which is why he depends so heavily on chimera's mana and must constantly recharge it

It's almost a distinction without a difference save the fact that while Haruto's caloric intake (which is increased, like he's pregnant) feeds Dragon, Nitou can not feed Chimera off of his own calories.

To me it seems like Dragon and Haruto share a baby in the womb/mother relationship, while Chimera and Nitou have a parasite/host relationship.