Super Moderator
Our physics doesn't apply to show physics. Simple as that.

Agreed. Besides if you're going that route there's no way for him to steady such a huge-ass gun one handed in the first place. He's firing something almost the size of a machine gun like it was a pistol. The gun itself is damn near Liefeldian really but I like it in sword mode.

Now, this doesn't mean the shows can be totally careless with it and there should ideally be some internal consistency to it all but these shows are fantasy and they are very stylized fantasy at that. A lot of Japanese fantasy entertainment just doesn't do the level of hand-wringing over squeezing it all into some very narrow idea of "realism" that we do with stuff in the U.S.

One has to have a willingness to use their imagination and have fun with it. It's not an episode of CSI. It's an awesome Sunday morning kids show starring a superheroic karate bug man who fights monsters and rides a cool motorcycle.

Otaku University Student
Just rewatched the episode and honestly, to me, it was pretty obvious that Haruto was trying to disorient the Phantom by shooting the surrounding water.

He then lands and shoots the phantom in the chest while it was recovering.

Are we still talking about this? Seriously?! Is this the fist time any of you have watched any toku?! It's not real! None of it is real! Those weren't bullets they were little explosions set up under the water by some dude off camera to give the illusion of a monster who is really a man in a rubber suit getting attacked. There it's over! Now fucking go outside and be normal human beings instead of talking about such a trivial thing!

All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!
Are we still talking about this? Seriously?! Is this the fist time any of you have watched any toku?! It's not real! None of it is real! Those weren't bullets they were little explosions set up under the water by some dude off camera to give the illusion of a monster who is really a man in a rubber suit getting attacked. There it's over! Now fucking go outside and be normal human beings instead of talking about such a trivial thing!

Hidden, you know KR is serious... :laugh:

No Fear, No Pain.

So you guys want to talk about where his ammo comes from? I have this neat theory about highly compressed silver nitrate. :coolshades:

Super Moderator

So you guys want to talk about where his ammo comes from? I have this neat theory about highly compressed silver nitrate. :coolshades:

I think it comes from one of those funky Steve Ditko dimensions you see in old Doctor Strange comics.

No Fear, No Pain.
Yeah Steve Ditko! Didn't even need acid to come up with that ****!

So something like a small, steadily maintained connect spell? I could live with that.

Slayer:...Beast doesn't need a bike, he has a big ass chimera...well...I'll admit it is inside his soul and probably wants to eat him. What can ya do?

He will probably get one eventually, just don't expect it to be as fancy as Wizard's. Even Terui had abadass, normal bike...then again he also turned into a bike...