Ore, Sanjou!
thats probably because they over did it -fourze was a disaster for one the show hasn't been that good second there are just too many switches -he only really uses a small number of them and many get contrived reasons to be used in various situations plus the other difference was that the medals were also in the vending machines -so you didn't have to get them from the packs -which sold out like hotcakes.

Aside from that 40+ switches is too many even in 2 packs thats a lot of money plus like i said many aren't used for anything in ooo there were a total of 8 sets of core medals including the speical ones and there were 3 per set -so 24 medals total and you got 3 in each pack and you started with 4 and only one set the rest of the reds came with another toy -in this one every toy including the pet robots comes with a switch and thats the bigger problem the cost is higher to collect a complete fourze set than an ooo set-i have a full set of ooo medals the book and the belt -nothing else-overall i think the issue is that there was such a huge cost -hopefully wizard will not go nuts

...yeah, no. a full set of Astro Switches only seems like a lot if you're getting them all at once. over a fourth of the switches are candy toy/gashapon only, and those are pretty cheap, and Fourze has used every switch at least once, most of them at least twice. heck, I got all 40 switches and never felt strained for cash because they spread out the releases well. besides, at least with switches, they have an approximate amount to make with the large but limited number of sounds in the Fourze Driver, and I think that bandai did switch-activated toys better than medal-activated toys

with Medals, oh boy. that was something Bandai overdid. you had the cores, the cells for each core, and the rider medals, oh the rider medals. so many pointless, pointless medals for riders who didn't have sounds in the O-Scanner, when they could've been making medals for all the other animals the scanner had, but out of all the extra sounds, only the Panda and Kangaroo medals were made.

and even if you were only going for the essentials, people overcharged for them

anyway, with Wizard Rings also using a scan feature, I fear that Bandai may do something similar

is The Underground Toy Reviewer
with Medals, oh boy. that was something Bandai overdid. you had the cores, the cells for each core, and the rider medals, oh the rider medals. so many pointless, pointless medals for riders who didn't have sounds in the O-Scanner, when they could've been making medals for all the other animals the scanner had, but out of all the extra sounds, only the Panda and Kangaroo medals were made.

and even if you were only going for the essentials, people overcharged for them

anyway, with Wizard Rings also using a scan feature, I fear that Bandai may do something similar

For the record, does it really matter if the Medals they were releasing didn't have sounds? While I'll surrender the point that they should have made the other animals (Where's my Premium set?), the exciting thing about Medals were getting new coin designs. In the later sets where we got about 12 different W Medals, the new colors and designs on the Medals were fun to collect.

Hell, I sold off my OOO Driver a long time ago, but I still have my Premium O-Medal Collection and a (for the most part) complete set of Rider Medals that I'll always keep because I love the designs.

The thing about the Fourze line was that the sounds were limited, so they had no choice but to release the Switches multiple times. While I think it would have been interesting to go about doing clear switches and stuff to give you something alternative to collect (like the other Rider Medals that were re-colors), they decided to do some LED releases and leave it at that.

I feel like with the O-Medals, the Gashapon and Candy Toy Sets were exciting to see what new designs and colors we'd get, the Fourze sets didn't have that level of excitement.

In short, I feel it was less overdone, and more mismanaged...I still want my other animals.

Welcome
So....Are you gonna get the toys?Sorry, I haven't been catching up on the RRR podcast since like May due to the lack of time to catch up, so I really don't know what you think of Wizard.

Anyway, uninteresting base form figure time.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWnMj19QOuk&feature=plcp"]?????????????????????????kamen rider wizard figure - YouTube[/ame]

is The Underground Toy Reviewer
So....Are you gonna get the toys?Sorry, I haven't been catching up on the RRR podcast since like May due to the lack of time to catch up, so I really don't know what you think of Wizard.

Really like what we've seen of Wizard, but I won't be getting any of the toys outside of the PlaMonsters.

For the record, does it really matter if the Medals they were releasing didn't have sounds?

This was actually a pretty big disappointment for me, and there really isn't any good reason why those sounds couldn't have been included.

It struck me as lazyness more than anything.

At least with Fourze, the switches did something other than sit there. But my problem with the switches was that we overall had a pretty decent idea how many there would be in the begining, and because of this collecting them felt pretty anticlimatic. Episode after episode, we kept grinding through switches until they were all released. :/

Still fun though!

Really like what we've seen of Wizard, but I won't be getting any of the toys outside of the PlaMonsters.
Ditto. Nothing i've seen of this series really grabs my wallet and says gimme gimme. Though i'm a sucker for the little creature toys they keep coming up with.

shinkenchange!starninger!
why doesnt bandai release movie exclusive rider belts like the lost driver, decade driver, double driver? im talking about like last year when fourze debuted in the movie and the hand switch was released but it had to work with the belt so what was point of it? if it had to work with the belt, why doesnt bandai just release a short supply of kamen rider belts for the movie to make the switch/ring work? i know it's a minute of battle footage with it but it could be cool to have something before the actual show starts.

In Justice, We Trust!
why doesnt bandai release movie exclusive rider belts like the lost driver, decade driver, double driver? im talking about like last year when fourze debuted in the movie and the hand switch was released but it had to work with the belt so what was point of it? if it had to work with the belt, why doesnt bandai just release a short supply of kamen rider belts for the movie to make the switch/ring work? i know it's a minute of battle footage with it but it could be cool to have something before the actual show starts.

Uh...the Lost Driver was released.

I think BoukenSilver83 means when the Decade/W Movie War came out and Skull made his first appearance it should have been released, not later when the A to Z movie came out for Eternal.

Henshin a Go-Go!!
im talking about like last year when fourze debuted in the movie and the hand switch was released but it had to work with the belt so what was point of it? if it had to work with the belt, why doesnt bandai just release a short supply of kamen rider belts for the movie to make the switch/ring work?

its bait. plain and simple. they use it to get people excited for the new series (and belt) and it also helps the consumer justify the purchase with statements like "I've already got a switch i may as well buy the belt so it doesn't just sit there and collect dust".