Kamen Rider Wizard

Episode 31: Tears

Author's Note: Japanese is not my first language so forgive any mistakes. I've never studied it at all. Going by ear with the raw and the little bit I've learned from watching KR and SS for years. Hopefully this address' some complaints about the episode. I don't go into the actual final fight since I'm too tired and sick at the moment.

Comments are welcome. Flames will be used to aid in getting over my sinus infection. All characters are property of their respective owners. This is written for enjoyment only. Please do not copy.

------------------================----------------

Previously on Kamen Rider Wizard!

A string of random coma's are revealed to be the work of the Phantom Legion! Gremlin admits to Medusa of releasing the berserker in an attempt to gain audience with Wiseman himself.

The three way battle between Wizard, Beast and Legion takes a turn for the worse when Legion manages to enter Wizards Underworld! Beast reluctantly follows and during the raging battle Dragon, Wizards Inner Phantom, is destroyed!

-----------------===================--------------

Shunpei can only watch helplessly as Haruto is attacked from within. The normally composed wizard is dripping with sweat and begins to seize in agony. “Haruto-san! Haruto-san! Hold on! Nitou will-”

But the words jam in his throat as his eyes widen in horror. A sickening crack draws his attention to Haruto's waist and the Wizardriver. The magical belt suddenly shatters, causing Haruto to scream in pain before a violet rip forms over his chest. Legion and Beast are ejected from Haruto's body. The phantom laughs with glee as Beast rushes over to Haruto. Barely conscious, Haruto can only gasp that his magic had disappeared. With a pained sound, Haruto loses consciousness.

Haruto-san!!!” Shunpei shakes the man, causing four rings to fall to the ground. Contacting Rinko-san to get Haruto to the antique shop, Shunpei shakily picks up the fallen rings.

---------------===================--------------

[Kamen Rider Wizard OP: Life is Showtime] begins to play but is suddenly shattered by Legion exclaiming “EXCITING!”

Elsewhere, Wiseman demands to know why Sora knows of the Philospher's Stone. Recovering from the electric shocks, Sora seems to smirk.

I'm the same as you. I'm not 'Gremlin'. I'm Sora.” He states glancing up at the white phantom.

As Koyomi tends to the sleeping Haruto, her thoughts pull toward her own state. Glancing down at the 'Please' ring on her finger, Koyomi silently regrets that she needs Haruto's Mana to survive.

I feel like I'm using it up faster now.” She thought recalling earlier that day that she'd nearly collapsed on a chair before Haruto, having caught her, filled her mana back up.

Downstairs Shunpei is explaining what happened to Rinko and Wajima. Desperately Shunpei asks the ring maker if their was a way to restore Haruto's magic powers. Wajima can only remark that it's impossible. Pulling the four rings from his pocket, Shunpei asks if these can be fixed.

Wajima looks at them sadly, recalling the time and effort he'd put into making them. “The Dragon Rings... they're broken...” Indeed, all four 'visors' had shattered and the gems had a long crack in each. Only the very top, the smaller stone that signified they were special, remained intact.

Haruto slumber's as a deep voice calls out to him, growing more distorted with each word. “Haruto!...Souma Haruto!...”

Dragon?!”

Farewell”

Wait! Dragon! Don't leave!” Haruto struggles to grasp a fragment of his phantom... something... anything.

DRAGON!”

Jolting up in bed, Haruto instinctively puts the 'Driver On' Ring over the 'Palm Author' only to realize nothing happens. Koyomi silently stands in the cracked doorway as Haruto can only utter “My magic is really gone?”

Not wishing to burden him further with her presence, Koyomi doesn't enter as Haruto's frustration causes him to pound the bed with his fist.

Sorry Haruto... But I swear I'll defeat that Phantom!” Nitou utters as he runs down a dead street, spinning around in frustration.

The gathered group, minus Koyomi, is shocked when Haruto stumbles downstairs and states that he's going to hunt the Phantom. Reminded that Dragon is gone, Haruto admits that is the reason he's going. Rinko tries to hold him back, reminding him of his body's current state, but he pushes past and leaves. Turning back, Haruto remarks that Nitou can't do this alone. Koyomi watches from the staircase.

Rinko and Shunpei follow, easily catching up to him. Nitou arrives shortly after the two try to convince Haruto to leave it to them. Taking full responsibility for Dragon's destruction, Nitou both apologies and chastises Haruto for trying to fight.

You've lost your magic. Only mages can fight Phantoms! I don't want you to die. Please leave this to me.”

Legion rips his way out of a worker, who collapses with a groan. “Why...” He mused “Why isn't this Exciting?!”

The Phantom flashes back to Wizard's Underworld and the thrill he had from destroying it. “Perhaps his heart was the most Exciting of all?”

Haruto sits on a bench overlooking the city. Shunpei had given him the broken rings. Dragon's Rings... so his Phantom was really gone for good?

As Haruto is found by the siblings he'd made happy with magic, Koyomi silently removes the 'Please' Ring from her finger.

Nitou finds and attacks Legion, with Shunpei and Rinko watching. “You again? I've no interest in the ungraceful.” Legion complains as Nitou responds that it doesn't matter what the Phantom thinks. He places a ring over his belt causing 'Driver On' to be announced.

Henshin! Set! Open! L-I-O-N – LION!”

Begrudgingly Legion assumes his Phantom form as Beast attacks. With the Buffa Mantle useless, Beast slides another ring on and slots it.

Hyper! Go! Hy-Hy-Hy-Hyper!”

Haruto talks with the older brother who tells him that while he was really happy with the display, it was clear that the Magic came from Haruto's heart.

Returning to the shop, Haruto discover's the 'Please' Ring and realizes Koyomi is missing. Berated by Wajima for stating that he was useless in his current state, Wajima reminds Haruto that he willing gave his life energy to Koyomi binding them together. That it wasn't never a burden for him, but something that came from his heart.

Recalling the boy's words, Haruto pulls out the 'Flame Dragon' Ring. “Dragon...” Haruto whispers as he runs out the door, to find Koyomi.

During the fight, Legion attempts to strike Beast with his staff twice, creating a cross shape in mid-air.

Beast struggles to move and wonders why he can't, until Legion pointed out that one leg was pinned by his previous attack. With a laugh, Legion walks away in search a new mind, ignoring Beast's yells to stop.

Haruto easily finds Koyomi, standing by the sea. Apologizing to her that he can no longer support her, Haruto is quietly rebuffed.

Remember this place? You told me that to move forward we have to live in the now.”

Koyomi stumbles and Haruto catches her in an embrace. “I can't give you mana anymore but I... I...”

Koyomi quietly cuts him off “It's warm.... thank you for everything. I was able to live in the now thanks to you. Your heart supported not only me but everyone. With or without magic, you are Hope. That's why I didn't want to cause you sadness when I die.”

I'm sorry Koyomi...” Haruto whispers

Beautiful... just beautiful.” A familiar voice remarks causing the duo to turn. “Just as I thought your heart is exquisite. Let me glimpse that mind once more!”

A powerful blast from Legion's staff knocks Haruto into the shallow sea and Koyomi to the ground. Koyomi is motionless as Legion attacks.

Koyomi struggles to stand and calls out to Haruto, now pinned beneath Legion's foot.

Stumbling forward, Koyomi reaches for Haruto as a white light shatters around her body. Kicked closer by Legion, Haruto screams for Koyomi to answer him. Ignoring the Phantom completely, Haruto scrambles to Koyomi's side and begs her to speak to him.

The four broken rings tumble from his pocket as Legion kicks Haruto away. Haruto recalls his conversation with Rinko in the hospital.

I'm scared... of people dying... seeing them disappear before me... dying before me.”

Struggling to stand, Haruto is easily knocked down once more. “I fought... to prevent people from dying...”

Hmmm?” Legion senses something and backs off to watch.

...But I can't even save those closest to me? I am the Final Hope?” Haruto brokenly laughs as purple cracks begin to form along his body.

Despair?”

Haruto seems to curl inward, as the cracks gain speed, tears spilling from his eyes. “Dragon! Come back to me! Please!” Legion advances on him. Ready to deliver the final blow. Somewhere in his minds eye, Haruto sees Koyomi... and his parents... smiling at him.

You are our hope.” Echoes faintly as Koyomi's voice grows stronger “Haruto... live in the now.”

Once more the purple cracks suddenly turn gold as Haruto's expression changes. “ I am the Final Hope!” He declares “I won't let Koyomi's life be wasted! Not as long as I live!”

The four broken rings suddenly begin to glow and speed past Legion, knocking him aside, to swirl around Haruto. Each ring suddenly explodes with power, blinding Haruto and blasting Legion. Haruto turns his hand over to reveal a new ring.

A new ring?” He slides it on and passes the 'Driver On' over the 'Palm Author'.

Driver On! Please!” is announced as Haruto finds himself staring at a circling Dragon. “Wh- How?”

The strength of your heart revived me. You're as amusing as ever. Give birth to this new Hope! Souma Haruto!”

Flipping the 'Palm Author' Haruto exclaims “Henshin!”

A brilliant white light engulfs him as the belt chants...

Infinity~ Infinity~ Infinity~ Infinity~ Infinity~ Infinity~”