"Training."
The fights are so damn good even though its almost reaching ten episodes. Normally fights get stale after the initial episodes. :thumbs:

Also the kid looks like he actually kicked Shunpei's actor in the balls straight through the bag. :laugh:

Pheonix is pretty damn powerful...

Last edited:
Lurker
Nice episode. Although the middle part seemed to drag for awhile before the fight started. I like how Wizard spammed Defense at the end, cos' if I were him I would have run out of ideas and done the same as well.

I don't think he actually ran out of ideas. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is one of the definitions of insanity. He basically was in desperation, not thinking rationally. There were still options, like keep away with gun and Hurricane and stuff. It's just his morale has been utterly broken by how Phoenix shrugged off everything as a minor annoyance at best.

Liked the episode for the most part.
I love how Wizard seem to stray off from tired "miscommuniaction" routine. People can actually talk and convey vitally important information!

What I didn't like though is the fact that it's another "Spoiled brat feels under appreciated." It such a tired and annoying plot in tokusatsu and kids show in general. I can understand where writers are coming from as I can see this actually being somewhat of an issue in real life, especially remembering my spoiled self when I was young. But still, it is getting old...

I don't think he actually ran out of ideas. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is one of the definitions of insanity. He basically was in desperation, not thinking rationally. There were still options, like keep away with gun and Hurricane and stuff. It's just his morale has been utterly broken by how Phoenix shrugged off everything as a minor annoyance at best.

Add the fact that Wizard's been the one to shrug off attacks of previous Phantoms with relative ease, and him switching forms usually does the trick with minimal effort. His fight with Phoenix, on the other hand... I think he underestimated the enemy, at the same time overestimated his own skills, so when the fighting spiraled out of his control I think Haruto just. Doesn't know what to do to fend off Phoenix, let alone defeat him.

In all honesty though, I do enjoy Phoenix wiping the floor with Wizard, partly because it's time for Wizard to be taken down a notch and partly because Phoenix is an awesome villain.

Friendship and the Cosmos.
There definitely was a real sense of danger and suspense when Phoenix fought Haruto. Though, he pulled a Godai and basically went the bulkiest form in order to combat a stronger threat, which is realistic because why would you use Hurricane when you really probably need a proper defense.

The kid thing is always overdone. We have one every year. At least there is no Amane.

Nice of us to get a backstory on Haruto. Parents died in a car crash? Simple, but it works I guess.

I don't like Dragon form but the next episode looks really awesome. Can't wait to see it!

I liked how Haruto seemed to be proper scared when facing Phoenix, mostly as others have said, because he overestimated himself here.

The fact that he ran out of ideas and just became desperate (haven't seen that since Decade went nuts on the Grongi in Kuuga's world) make the fight intense and built up Phoenix as a good villain. I hope he revives as well if he gets defeated.

Anyone noticed they specifically used pheonix to do a dragon upgrade. You know cause in chinese myth, the dragon is the foil for the pheonix. Kinda hin and yang