Really loved seeing Wizard go all Biorider, but what the hell is up with Shunpei's crazy technicolor pantyhose?

Just saw the episode myself.

Pros:

Fights were still amazing. Especially the use of the liquid ring.

I swear this episode felt like an homage to Faiz. In particular, when Cait Sith changes from human to phantom, he has an overlay of his monster form on his face.

The introduction of a mana pool is interesting, hope it stays relevant.

Cons:

Koyomi's attitude just does not fit her actress. It makes her look 10, and the last time we had a 10 year old clingy girl we ended up with the demon spawn known as Amane. Hope she brightens up soon.

Shunpei is way too over the top. It's the same problem Gai had. It's not funny, it's just embarrassing.

Nice post!!
Koyomi joins the Philip-Ankh-Kengo club.

You have to admit, that's a huge step forward for female leads in Rider. Philip, Ankh, and Kengo were characters who really mattered to the plot. I don't think there's a lot of other prior Heisei Rider female leads you can say mattered to the same degree.

Really loved seeing Wizard go all Biorider, but what the hell is up with Shunpei's crazy technicolor pantyhose?

The same thing that was up with Gai's technicolor socks!

I swear this episode felt like an homage to Faiz.

There's a lot of Faiz in Wizard. It's not too surprising, I think. Utsunomiya was an assistant producer on Faiz back in the day.

Koyomi's attitude just does not fit her actress. It makes her look 10, and the last time we had a 10 year old clingy girl we ended up with the demon spawn known as Amane.

Hey, guess what other show Utsunomiya was an assistant producer on back in the day!!

In general, I find it interesting to see so many callbacks to the Faiz/Blade era of Rider in Wizard. You also saw some in OOO, but Wizard I feel like is doing a better job of figuring out new things to do with old tropes. OOO had more of a mash-up feel.

Minato Ascending
I hope Shunpei won't keep repeating the same clumsy and stumble-and-fall routine in every episode, because it is becoming even more annoying than Yuki's over-the-top antics about the rocket god and Gai's overblown reaction upon seeing a sentai alumni.

Lurker
... Koyomi needs a mana transfer...

Someone call that Tohsaka chick. It's apparent that they'll need more than a ring to pull this off...

DAIMON PAWNCH
talking about the Koyomi's hand

Kids: Aww... if she doesn't do that, she'll turn back into a corpse doll

HJU: :fappery:

Minato Ascending

I kind of wanted to use that scene as a gif for my avatar, but I think I'll behave in this forum. :coolshades:

True. But kids don't really live in isolation. They'll see the same thing eventually.

*smooth jazz*
I find it appropriate that Sidhe shows up in an episode with a borderline cat fight. Anywho... here's my general impressions:

`I was trying to pin down how I felt about this episode, since I wasn't quite sure what to make of it, but I think it comes down to a bit of transitional shock. After the one-dimensional world of Fourze and the straightforwardness of OOOs, having a show that's subtle and multidimensional like Wizard's an interesting experience. Ultimately, I like it.

`Didn't care so much for Shunpei's pratfalls this time around, but you can't win them all. Koyomi's reaction to the whole coffee-in-the-face bit mirrored my own almost perfectly.

`Rinko, however, redeems herself a bit by being helpful to the situation. Funky.

`So Koyomi's an animated doll, eh? Interestin'. And other people can recharge her batteries or suck them dry. I wouldn't be surprised if she's having a bit of an existential crisis over what she is. It also makes me wonder why the White Wizard hooked her up with Haruto. Curious.

`And the victim of the week has more of a bit part to the arc... I wonder if this will be usual fare or if it's just because everything is still being introduced. I kinda like not having the victim of the week taking center-stage. It gives off the feel that the heroes are going out of their way to help them instead of just being there to magically save the day.

`I like that they're trying to balance everything out by playing up the heroes weaknesses and liabilities as well as their strengths. Haruto only has a reserve of magic, Rinko isn't effective on the offensive, and Koyomi can be shut down with a wavy magic vine. It'll be interesting to see if this sticks around or gets dropped after a few mentions.

`I think the Donut Shop Guy is my new favorite character. Seriously.