Considering its been almost a year since OOO ended I think we should compare it to its predecessor Double. Which do you think was a better show over all?

Nice post!!
Ah, I see someone here likes to prod hornet's nests. Please try to keep the discussion civil, folks.

For my part, I find W and OOO a bit hard to compare because their storytelling priorities are so different. W is more to my taste, overall, but I've seen fair arguments for how OOO did something better.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I personally preferred W. I loved the characters and setting, and overall it was just a very special show for me. It's a personal favourite and that will never change.

However, I love OOO. It had its problems such as pacing and things that could have done better, but both it and W were awesome shows for me. I haven't got a bad word to say about either.

Friendship and the Cosmos.
I think OOO, despite it's issues with pacing (Though, that's about it's only problem) was really, really well done. Though, the saving grace of the show was really Date and Ankh, who really did a lot to influence and help the 'null' of Eiji's character who was supposed to be the opposite extreme of Ankh and Date's ambitious and greedy nature. It made the show a lot more interesting and different than any other show we've seen in the past. The show was really about extremes for sure.

I do think the last few episodes of OOO were superior to Double's, with the beach battle to Ankh realizing his humanity as opposed to Philip realizing his inhumanity as a digital being.

But the whole Sonozaki story line of Double was masterfully written and executed. I really can't find any faults from Kirihiko's death, to Weather, to Saeko's betrayal to the fall of everyone last one of them, it's just breathtaking to watch it unfold before us. The Greeds and Maki pale in comparison to the Sonozaki's, but OOO strengths really lied in Ankh, Eiji, Hina, Date and Gotou, while Double was very much so about everyone.

Double really was a game-changer for sure. Sort of like how Kuuga set the tone for the first few shows of the 2000, I think Double really set a new standard for rider and its possibilities.

I just really like both shows a lot haha.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I know the ending of OOO left questions unanswered and felt rushed for some people (possibly because a lot of the original plot had been re-written), but to me, it had some of the most emotional scenes in KR. I will always love both these shows. End of.

Friendship and the Cosmos.
Most definitely. It sucks that they had so many rewrites throughout OOO, whether it was Takebe's undoing or the higher ups at Toei remains to be seen, but I'd like to think it didn't compromise Kobayashi's original vision of the show too much like Hibiki.

But yeah, the ending of OOO was pretty powerful, and served as a good gateway into Megamax while also being a satisfying ending at the same time.

Ao no Exorcist
I really loved W's detectiven theme. The partnership between Philip and Shotarou was amazing to watch. I really loved watch Ryu Terui's path of revenge. The characters that stood out in OOO was Kazari, Ankh, Eiji, and Date. Kazari's lust for power was incredible. Date really changed the show and helped alot of characters grow and had great moments of his own.

W is one of my favorite Rider series. It was like the Abaranger of Kamen Rider to me, with it's strong balance of interesting drama, quirky comedy, and very easy to relate, yet very deep characters. The characters were all lovable, and surprisingly very deeply written and well executed with a pretty strong cast. It's a very fun show to watch. The concept of the Gaia Memories worked out very smoothly and were all a joy to watch in action.

I did thoroughly enjoy OOO as well. The concept of the Medals and the Greeed were pretty interesting. But due to some of the pacing and executive meddling, I feel like it's full potential wasn't realized. And I did feel like Kobayashi was still struggling with her balance of seriousness and comedy, like she did in Shinkenger. Though like just about any of Kobayashi's works, OOO had amazing dialogue.

I'm A Djinn
I really like both too. A hard pick really.

While I cant say that one is better than the other, I do find myself rewatchng W more.

I even enjoyed both endings for their own different points.

Personal thing for OOO though, I cannot agree with the ending needing "cuddling time", I think it got everything it needed to get off its chest. Ankh might be dead and everyone moved on. Unanswered questions, sure it left plenty. But aside from explaining whatever the **** goes on inside Kougamis head, Im satisfied with the bits I saw of everyone at the end.

That's just me. I dont like longass epilogues. I rarely watch Kuuga's finale. I think they went overkill with that one. For me, montages (properly done ofc) can suffice.

Sorry for the derailment.

W vs OOO. Cant really say which one is the better show and defend it. As it each had its distinct strengths and flaws. I can only say that I tend to rewatch one more than the other. Not necessarily means its a better series per se, probably only that Im more fond of it.

PS. Gone and rewatch Kuugas finale after this post. Godammit >_<. Now I feel bad for not liking it originally.