Raxbait: Hip
Were you not complaining about me talking about them too much?:eyebrow: Now you know...:169:

lol, that was in the other thread.
Here is fine. Because its the subject of the thread.

Mr. Kamen Rider
Not surprised by the Shiratori thing since she's a *erhm* "model", I'm pretty sure the imajin took Takeru out:laugh:

You gotta explain the Masahiro thing.

It's on the last page, just one of those "Where will the Rider Curse strike next!? Watch out new guy! OooooooEEEEEEEEEEEEoooooooooooo!" sort of things. I guess they made it before Double, but given how tenuous the comic's grasp on reality is (the definitive representation of the Heiseri era is apparently Tiger using a bootleg Odin Deck to transform) one can only wonder. It's cracktastic fun, but I wouldn't take it too seriously- the most sane revelations are stuff that's already been widely known.

I'm just amazed it doesn't include the old accusation that Sugata had yakuza ties, which used to be the popular reason why there was no ZX series.

Would like to change his avatar
I'm just amazed it doesn't include the old accusation that Sugata had yakuza ties, which used to be the popular reason why there was no ZX series.

I take it that comic you've mentioned is the reason the various boards have been bringing it up. But even prior to this comic, I remember people speculating about a Superman-type of curse applying to Kamen Rider.

I remember someone spreading awful rumors about Sugata, but I sort of began to disregard them when, a few years ago, he was rewarded by Japanese police for helping stop a mugging or something like that. Would they really do that if he was some gangster thug? Maybe it's too naive to think they wouldn't, I don't know...

Well it was a nice two years(Kiva and Decade) we had where there was no scandal or ailment that involved a female lead in a Kamen Rider show.

Kabuto- Hiyori's actress had a health problem

Den-O- Hana's actress left due to fatigue and other issues

Mr. Kamen Rider
I take it that comic you've mentioned is the reason the various boards have been bringing it up. But even prior to this comic, I remember people speculating about a Superman-type of curse applying to Kamen Rider.

Yeah, the comic just came out very recently (in the "Tokusatsu Secret File" underground mag) so I guess it's become topical again.

I remember someone spreading awful rumors about Sugata, but I sort of began to disregard them when, a few years ago, he was rewarded by Japanese police for helping stop a mugging or something like that. Would they really do that if he was some gangster thug? Maybe it's too naive to think they wouldn't, I don't know...

The way I always heard it was that Toei didn't want corruption in the company (cue audience laughter) and wanted to wash their hands of the whole thing... which totally doesn't match with the fact that he's been interviewed numerous times since, and that he worked for them later. So yeah, I think it's pretty much garbage.

I've never been clear as to if the rumor was actually told in Japan, as I only remember it from the English-speaking circles in the 90's. I assumed someone translated wrong and though Sugata playing a yakuza in a movie = Sugata is a yakuza in real life.

The fucked up thing is there probably WILL be some sort of repercussions for her doing this (either a change of actress or being written out), while when Vanessa Hudgens had her nudes leak onto the net and Miley Cyrus' underwear pics did the same, they both had absolutely nothing happen to them other than more fame and a lame Dane Cook joke.

Nice post!!
I assumed someone translated wrong and though Sugata playing a yakuza in a movie = Sugata is a yakuza in real life.

There were soooo many tokusatsu rumors like this floating around in the 90's fandom it's not even funny.

The fucked up thing is there probably WILL be some sort of repercussions for her doing this (either a change of actress or being written out), while when Vanessa Hudgens had her nudes leak onto the net and Miley Cyrus' underwear pics did the same, they both had absolutely nothing happen to them other than more fame and a lame Dane Cook joke.

I personally doubt this happening cause Toei demands it. They freaking hired Nao Oikawa for Go-Onger, and umm you can find even worse stuff for her with even greater ease.

I personally doubt this happening cause Toei demands it. They freaking hired Nao Oikawa for Go-Onger, and umm you can find even worse stuff for her with even greater ease.

You know, I have never Googled her until you posted that. I'll never look at Kagareshia the same again (which is probably for the best). O_O