Status
Not open for further replies.
HEROW
I meant the "money Vs. story" thing, as in I was compromising

Yep, with careful analysis, you could see that my statement still affects it.

Shotaro was repetitive even before Ryu debuted. After he gained some limited respect from Akiko, his character basically went nowhere for several episodes. Ryu has nothing to do with it.

In fact, Ryu's debut and the followed episodes reinforced pretty well that Shotaro's "half-boiled" attitude is more desirable than a truly hard boiled one, strengthening Shotaro's character.

The thing is, after the Sweets Dopant arc which focused on Akiko's character growth, all the episodes (Except the Virus Dopant arc which established Shotaro's stand against vengeance) between that and Accel's debut was about Philip, Wakana, and Kirihiko (with his untimely demise), which afterwards could have been Shotaro's turn, but sadly, Ryu came about, delaying it further, increasing his repetitiveness. And unlike Akiko, Philip, Wakana, and Kirihiko which were part of the base set of episodes, Ryu was only an addition, which brings into mind the possibilities if there was no addition at all.

Ore, Sanjou!

The thing is, after the Sweets Dopant which focused on Akiko's character growth, all the episodes between that and Accel's debut was about Philip and Kirihiko (with his untimely demise), which afterwards could have been Shotaro's turn, but sadly, Ryu came about, delaying it further, increasing his repetitiveness. And unlike Akiko and Kirihiko which was part of the base set of episodes, Ryu was only an addition, which brings into mind the possibilities if there was no addition at all.

but this was before you brought in Double. I was talking about KR in general, from the beginning up to now

Kuuguitar

The thing is, after the Sweets Dopant arc which focused on Akiko's character growth, all the episodes (Except the Virus Dopant arc which established Shotaro's stand against vengeance) between that and Accel's debut was about Philip, Wakana, and Kirihiko (with his untimely demise), which afterwards could have been Shotaro's turn, but sadly, Ryu came about, delaying it further, increasing his repetitiveness. And unlike Akiko, Philip, Wakana, and Kirihiko which were part of the base set of episodes, Ryu was only an addition, which brings into mind the possibilities if there was no addition at all.

I hope Ryu takes a backseat soon. I mean, the previous episodes have built a groundwork for Double - we shouldn't abruptly leave that for some newcomer.

I meant the "money Vs. story" thing, as in I was compromising

In the entertainment business, both are important to the product. If they cut back on merchandising they would lose money, thus resulting in the product's failure. Sometimes a story alone isn't enough.

HEROW
In the entertainment business, both are important to the product. If they cut back on merchandising they would lose money, thus resulting in the product's failure. Sometimes a story alone isn't enough.

Yep, that's why I said at least Double was 50-50 with story and toys. But it was still cutting it close for the sake of merchandise IMHO.

I hope Ryu takes a backseat soon. I mean, the previous episodes have built a groundwork for Double - we shouldn't abruptly leave that for some newcomer.

Yeah, that's what I was going for.

Once Isaka is dead, the only purpose for Ryu left is for Philip's storyline, him being the chosen partner by Shroud of course. So he's just another accessory in the end.

二番目の翻訳者
Shotaro was repetitive even before Ryu debuted. After he gained some limited respect from Akiko, his character basically went nowhere for several episodes. Ryu has nothing to do with it.

In fact, Ryu's debut and the followed episodes reinforced pretty well that Shotaro's "half-boiled" attitude is more desirable than a truly hard boiled one, strengthening Shotaro's character.

QFT. Shotaro himself is a largely static character, but that's the point of him. The more we see of the show the more clear it becomes that the show's primary arc is about others (particularly Philip, but also Ryu and Kirihiko) learning to become true heroes from Shotaro.

Shotaro doesn't need to be getting spotlight and "devleopment" for the show to be about him. The show is most about Shotaro when it's about the development he's inspired in others.

Ore, Sanjou!
Yep, that's why I said at least Double was 50-50 with story and toys. But it was still cutting it close for the sake of merchandise IMHO.

Yeah, that's what I was going for.

Once Isaka is dead, the only purpose for Ryu left is for Philip's storyline, him being the chosen partner by Shroud of course. So he's just another accessory in the end.

I'm hoping that once Isaka is gone, Ryu can be put on even ground with Shotaro, so that they both have equal and even importance and can develop together, rather than one or the other at a given time

White Mask
shootaroo & firippu no konbi ai wa kono mama kaishoo to nat te shimau no ka?
______

Is Shotaro's love (no not that way) for Philip what allows him to ultmently use the Extreme Memory? opinions

Rider Dodge
I'm hoping that once Isaka is gone, Ryu can be put on even ground with Shotaro, so that they both have equal and even importance and can develop together, rather than one or the other at a given time

thats something... although once isaka dies, what's next for ryu? other than shroud's intended partner for phil..*and thats bound to be proven wrong soon*..
is he gonna be just the other rider? the narumi agency's official coffee maker? the way he was introduced to the show was in a way bland. his purpose was revenge for his family.. thats it. you gotta ask what's next when isaka dies? mission accomplished. then what? its kind of a 5th wheel syndrome for him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.