A simple passerby...
Is there anyone up for designing a few of the Riders for this story? I'm pretty useless when it comes to art, but I can provide for very descriptive details. It might be demanding work, but I'm looking for someone who is willing to do it.

A simple passerby...
Sorry for the long hiatus, finally had some time to brush this up:

Unleashed 6: Chain Reaction - Part 1

Dice Johnson was a nice guy. He was the last guy anyone would expect anything out of the ordinary from. Yet here he stood, blood dripping from his hands, the rain poured hard on his face. He was standing on a small hill, looking down at a monster, it's eyes glowed red and it snarled at him. His right arm was dislocated, and blood was dripping from his mouth as well. He was breathing hard, but he was focused as well. On his waist was a belt, materialised, looking like ancient technology. The orb in it shined bright blue, and his eyes were now turning to blue...

Dice looked behind him. Chase laid on the ground, struggling to get up. He was transformed, and yet he had no energy.

Dice: I watched carefully...

*The atmosphere thundered even more.*

Dice turned around and looked at the monster, it was standing patiently, like it had all the time in the world to enjoy this drama. The monster was brown in colour, and it's armour broken and damaged. It was the same monster that had been freed by its own companion, and it was now enjoying the merciless killings...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

16 hours ago...

Dice was drawing because he had nothing better to do. Chase was doing push ups. They were the only two left, the others had left the warehouse as circumstances has changed.

Dice: So… when do you think we'll see the others?

Chase: Tomorrow or day after. Could even be as long as next week.

Dice: I don't get you guys.

Chase: You don't need to know anything else for now…

Dice: That's what everyones been telling me.

Chase: Because… it's the truth. You're just some poor lamb I picked up on the way, telling you too much at once might make you panic. There's things you won't get straight away, and I don't owe you an explanation. After all, I did save your life.

Dice: How do you know I can't handle that kind of truth?

Chase turned and eyed Dice for awhile.

Chase: First, you look like you're about to cry every time we encounter something. You're still a pussy, deal with it.

Dice sighed and threw down the notepad he was drawing on. He got up and walked towards Chase, who stopped doing push ups and looked up.

Chase: What?

Dice: Thank you.

Chase: For what?

Dice: So far, everything.

Chase: Sure.

Chase resumed his exercise, and Dice simply stood still, watching. Chase stopped again, and looked back at Dice.

Chase: If you want something, all you need to do is ask.

Dice: No it's not that, its just I have nothing better to do… and I'm wondering if you've got something for me to do?

Chase shot right up from the ground and smiled and Dice. He was waiting for this moment.

Chase: 1,000 Pushups, and then 600 sit ups… If you can manage. Should be a piece of cake, you know… since you wanted something to do.

Chase grabbed the towel on the floor and wiped his face with it, smiled at Dice, then walked outside the warehouse. Dice simply stood there, then took off his shirt, and fell flat on the ground, in ready position.

Dice (sighing): I'm pretty sure working out in a short period of time doesn't require that much but whatever…

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

14 hours ago…

The Police Station.

Ichimonji scratched his eyes as he let his paper cup fill up with cold water from the dispenser in the main office. Everyone was walking around restless, paperwork was stacked everywhere. He turned around, still drowsy and took a sip and gazed upon his working colleagues. There was a collection of emotions in the room. Fear, tiredness, boredom, anxiety, depression… mostly unhappy thoughts about the events that currently taking place.

People were still dying, and the cops couldn't have done much to help. Hongo was nowhere to be found, and Ichimonji was starting to feel a little pissed off at the supposed "mentor" he's supposed to be following around.

Ichimonji (Thoughts): If Hongo doesn't cooperate, I think I'll go down and have a talk with the Chief Superintendent, see what he thinks about it. After all, without me, who else is going to be Hongo's support or replacement? They had to have picked me for a reason…

Ichimonji spaced around even more, lost in his own selfish thoughts when suddenly something hard hit him on the head.

Ichimonji: ****!

Ichimonji turned around and saw Sarah, Hongo's supposed "girlfriend". She handed him a package and he took it.

Ichimonji: What's this?

Sarah: Just look inside.

She walked away, and he was left to ponder what was going on again. Sarah was nice, but she didn't have much to say at all. She was a foreign exchange cop that was assigned as Hongo's partner, and it seemed that they had a really great combination in not just work, but life.

Ichimonji turned his attention back to the envelope, the saw letters on the front saying in big bold letters "MASKED RIDER SYSTEM V.2 CODE - Crimson". He opened up the package, and inside was a manual, with a masked face on it, similar to the one that was in the labs when Hongo tested out the weapons to his suit.

Ichimonji: So… my time has come.

Suddenly, he shook himself wide awake and headed downstairs, to where the lab and Hongo was. He had been waiting for this moment…

11 hours ago…

The Cafe

Ryou washed his hands in the toilet as he prepared to go out and cook. It was his job today to take care of the shop, and customers were just entering, so he was in a hurry. As he washed his hands however, thoughts flowed through his mind:

"What was that mysterious being… I could have sworn someone was speaking to me when I got that power… and also… that guy who could transform just like me… and these monsters… God… if only the cops weren't such a nuisance!"

Ryou smashed his fist onto the sink, but what he wasn't expecting was that it broke in half and fell onto the floor, almost smashing his feet if he hadn't jumped away in time. Ryou looked at his own hands, and they seemed to be shifting with greenish taint. He looked in the mirror to see that his eyes were flashing red, and that the area around his waist was shinning with bright white light. Just then, he felt an uncontrollable urge of anger flowing through him. Ryou began banging himself to every corner of the room, destroying everything in it, then began to climb out the little window in the corner of the room, and landed outside on his back. He quickly got up, and struggled towards his bike that was parked up front, put on his helmet, pulled out his keys and started the engine, then drove off…

"I can't control it!" Ryou thought to himself as he drove out of the city, the aura emerging from his buckle was now transforming him and his bike slowly. The buckle around Ryou's waist shined one last time in a bright flash, and then it released some form of wave of energy, causing explosions to occur wherever the waves hit, and then, he was fully transformed.

A violent emotion took over Ryou at that moment, and he revved up his engine, the machine now resembling an armoured dark horse with blazing red eyes. As he rode on, he felt a certain excitement building up in him. It was a feeling that Ryou had felt afraid of, something he had been trying to suppress; the instinct to kill…

The lake nearby the river that flows out of the city.

A boy and his father were fishing, they had caught a pretty decent amount as well.

Tsubaya: You did good today, Hiroki. Mama's got a lot to cook today!

Hiroki: Yeah, but I wouldn't have gotten this good if you hand't taught me well pops!

Something moved along the river, slowly, without the father and son knowing of it's presence. It was human-like, and yet it seemed like a shark, swimming through the ice cold water, it's teeth bared.

Tsubaya: Oh, this feels like a big one!

The father pulled the rod back, and just then, the monster popped out of the water, splashing wet as it lands on the ground in front of Tsubaya and Hiroki. The monster was gray coloured, and it began to walk towards the pair, it's razor sharp claws and fangs bared…

Police station.

Hongo reached out his for the spot in-between the cracks over his head. As he reached it, he pulled himself up slowly, and then continued on. He was doing a rock climbing exercise beneath at the gym. Just then, a female voice rang throughout the entire station from the speakers.

"Attention all units, an unidentified life form has been sighted heading out of town towards the southern district, far off city. Please report to your superiors for orders regarding the current situation."

Hongo sighed, then pushed himself away from the rock, letting himself swing loose, and then used his own weight to sling back down towards the ground. Removing the rock climbing equipment and dusting off his hands from the powder, he headed towards the lab in the basement…

9 Hours ago…

An abandoned construction site. Underground.

A young man in white linen clothing was reading a book, standing in the dark corner. He had a strange mark tattooed on his forehead. He seemed to have been enjoying what seemed to be called in this age "Modern Literature". Humanity's grasp of how life should turn out… to him, was very mundane. Despite that, he couldn't seem to have been getting enough of how dramatically humans seemed to love writing about their failures, as if it was something worth being glorified.

"Shouldn't you be busy?" a voice whispered through the winds.

"I left it to the hungrier ones." the man responded, not looking up from his book.

"The only reason they're hungry is because I starve them. Unfortunately, I cannot do the same to you, therefore, consider yourself in a very opportune state of gratitude towards me-"

"I'll have gratitude for no one, but for myself, and for the loyalty I kept to Him while I had awaited for over a millennia in that rotten cave, craving to have been freed, wishing someone would have come for me… but none did. So… I owe it to no one, but myself, to get the most out of my time out of there isn't it?" the man, closing the book, and then turning to face what appears to be a bird-like angel monster.

"Tch… have it your way." the monster ushered, before suddenly disappearing, leaving only feathers behind.

"And you had to go and make a real messy exit, didn't you? Ah well… just like you came, ill-mannered." the man sighed, as he opened the book again, then began reading away again, smiling.

Dice was doing sit ups when Chase came riding back in on his bike at the warehouse.

"When did you even leave?" Dice said, getting up and picking a piece of clothe to wipe his off the sweat.

"We've got a problem." Chase said, pulling off his helmet and getting off his bike.

"Woah what kind of problem?"

"They're on the move again, but it's scattered." Chase said, sitting down.

"What do you mean scattered, yo speak human with me man."

"Remember that night I found you yeah?"

"Yeah, what about it?"

"You see, each time something… one of them, targets one of us… I can almost sense it, as if I locate and pinpoint the exact point they're standing on a map. It's just glimpses of scenes, but somehow… I just knew where to go."

"So what's the problem now?"

"There's two of them."

"Haven't you ever fought two on one before?"

"No, and the bigger problem is that the other one I'm sensing, he feels… familiar, like that one we met earlier."

"The one that appeared to be like you, right?"

"Yeah, but he wasn't… I had a feeling he's something else entirely, whatever that is, it's not gonna bode well with anyone."

"You don't think you could take him?"

"Not alone, no."

"Well… you'd out to be looking out for support… now wouldn't you, Chase?" a voice hissed from the shadows. Dice and Chase stood up alert, then turned around to see the young man in white linen clothing and tattoo on the forehead smiling at them.

"Who are you!?" Chase demanded.

The man walked no further, but then only smiled.

"Just… a mirror-image." the man said.

"What is… this feeling? Why am I… shaking? This intent to kill… it's so strong. And it's coming off him!" Dice thought as he looked at the man, his body beginning to shake.

"What are you talking about?" Chase said, his senses beginning to tingle at every word the man had been saying. He definitely wasn't feeling great in the man's presence, with the way he moved, it seemed inhuman.

"But… then again, I don't think you have the time to get exactly what I want to tell you… Well, cutting straight to the point might be a little hard, but I do have an offer, Chase." the man said, turning his back towards them and began walking off into the shadows.

"Oi, what is it, what offer are you talking about, where do you think you're going!?" Chase shouted as he ran after the man instinctively.

"Chase!" Dice shouted after him. The young man in white clothing suddenly vanished from sight as he entered the shadows, the last thing the two saw, was him smiling, and his eyes turning completely blood red, shinning in the darkness, and then suddenly, disappeared…

"What… was that?" Dice asked, shaking.

"I don't know… but I have a feeling we're somehow stuck in the damn crossfire…" Chase said, before turning around and running towards his bike.

"Where you going?"

"Isn't it obvious? That guy knows somethings up, and he merely came to delay us!" Chase started the engine.

"Oi, wait up!" Dice said as he hurried and got onto the bike as well. Chase revved the engine, and then, they were off…

To be Continued...

Also, with thanks to Chasif, who has been enough to design two of the Riders for me:

Prometheus - Chase

Prometheuslq_zpscc146e76.jpg

and

Leviathan - Ryou

leviathanfinish2_zps20c22d80.jpg

His other works can be found at http://chasif.deviantart.com/

Last edited:
A simple passerby...
So... I haven't been doing any keeping up for too long. I figured this is something I shouldn't be giving up on despite my own personal problems. Actually, Kamen Riders go through various things in their journey as a hero as well, so to be like what I idolise, here's the latest installation. Originally, I had already written the first half right after I had posted the previous chapter, but somehow, I got too caught in my own madness of life and abandoned plenty of things. Anyways, here goes:

Unleashed 6: Chain Reaction - Part 1

Daisuke "Dice" Johnson was a nice guy. He was the last guy anyone would expect anything out of the ordinary from. Yet here he stood, blood dripping from his hands, the rain poured hard on his face. He was standing on a small hill, looking down at a monster, it's eyes glowed red and it snarled at him. His right arm was dislocated, and blood was dripping from his mouth as well. He was breathing hard, but he was focused as well. On his waist was a belt, materialised, looking like ancient technology. The orb in it shined bright blue, and his eyes were now turning to blue...

Dice looked behind him. Chase laid on the ground, struggling to get up. He was transformed, and yet he had no energy.

Dice: I watched carefully...

*The atmosphere thundered even more.*

Dice turned around and looked at the monster, it was standing patiently, like it had all the time in the world to enjoy this drama. The monster was brown in colour, and it's armour broken and damaged. It was the same monster that had been freed by its own companion, and it was now enjoying the merciless killings...

16 hours ago...

Dice was drawing because he had nothing better to do. Chase was doing push ups. They were the only two left, the others had left the warehouse as circumstances has changed.

Dice: So… when do you think we'll see the others?

Chase: Tomorrow or day after. Could even be as long as next week.

Dice: I don't get you guys.

Chase: You don't need to know anything else for now…

Dice: That's what everyones been telling me.

Chase: Because… it's the truth. You're just some poor lamb I picked up on the way, telling you too much at once might make you panic. There's things you won't get straight away, and I don't owe you an explanation. After all, I did save your life.

Dice: How do you know I can't handle that kind of truth?

Chase turned and eyed Dice for awhile.

Chase: First, you look like you're about to cry every time we encounter something. You're still a pussy, deal with it.

Dice sighed and threw down the notepad he was drawing on. He got up and walked towards Chase, who stopped doing push ups and looked up.

Chase: What?

Dice: Thank you.

Chase: For what?

Dice: So far, everything.

Chase: Sure.

Chase resumed his exercise, and Dice simply stood still, watching. Chase stopped again, and looked back at Dice.

Chase: If you want something, all you need to do is ask.

Dice: No it's not that, its just I have nothing better to do… and I'm wondering if you've got something for me to do?

Chase shot right up from the ground and smiled and Dice. He was waiting for this moment.

Chase: 1,000 Pushups, and then 600 sit ups… If you can manage. Should be a piece of cake, you know… since you wanted something to do.

Chase grabbed the towel on the floor and wiped his face with it, smiled at Dice, then walked outside the warehouse. Dice simply stood there, then took off his shirt, and fell flat on the ground, in ready position.

Dice (sighing): I'm pretty sure working out in a short period of time doesn't require that much but whatever…

14 hours ago…

The Police Station.

Ichimonji scratched his eyes as he let his paper cup fill up with cold water from the dispenser in the main office. Everyone was walking around restless, paperwork was stacked everywhere. He turned around, still drowsy and took a sip and gazed upon his working colleagues. There was a collection of emotions in the room. Fear, tiredness, boredom, anxiety, depression… mostly unhappy thoughts about the events that currently taking place.

People were still dying, and the cops couldn't have done much to help. Hongo was nowhere to be found, and Ichimonji was starting to feel a little pissed off at the supposed "mentor" he's supposed to be following around.

Ichimonji (Thoughts): If Hongo doesn't cooperate, I think I'll go down and have a talk with the Chief Superintendent, see what he thinks about it. After all, without me, who else is going to be Hongo's support or replacement? They had to have picked me for a reason…

Ichimonji spaced around even more, lost in his own selfish thoughts when suddenly something hard hit him on the head.

Ichimonji: ****!

Ichimonji turned around and saw Sarah, Hongo's supposed "girlfriend". She handed him a package and he took it.

Ichimonji: What's this?

Sarah: Just look inside.

She walked away, and he was left to ponder what was going on again. Sarah was nice, but she didn't have much to say at all. She was a foreign exchange cop that was assigned as Hongo's partner, and it seemed that they had a really great combination in not just work, but life.

Ichimonji turned his attention back to the envelope, the saw letters on the front saying in big bold letters "MASKED RIDER SYSTEM V.2 CODE - Crimson". He opened up the package, and inside was a manual, with a masked face on it, similar to the one that was in the labs when Hongo tested out the weapons to his suit.

Ichimonji: So… my time has come.

Suddenly, he shook himself wide awake and headed downstairs, to where the lab and Hongo was. He had been waiting for this moment…

11 hours ago…

The Cafe

Ryou washed his hands in the toilet as he prepared to go out and cook. It was his job today to take care of the shop, and customers were just entering, so he was in a hurry. As he washed his hands however, thoughts flowed through his mind:

"What was that mysterious being… I could have sworn someone was speaking to me when I got that power… and also… that guy who could transform just like me… but why did I feel the primal instinct that he was my enemy at first sight anyways…? and these monsters… God… if only the cops weren't such a nuisance!"

Ryou smashed his fist onto the sink, but what he wasn't expecting was that it broke in half and fell onto the floor, almost smashing his feet if he hadn't jumped away in time. Ryou looked at his own hands, and they seemed to be shifting with greenish taint. He looked in the mirror to see that his eyes were flashing red, and that the area around his waist was shinning with bright white light. Just then, he felt an uncontrollable urge of anger flowing through him. Ryou began banging himself to every corner of the room, destroying everything in it, then began to climb out the little window in the corner of the room, and landed outside on his back. He quickly got up, and struggled towards his bike that was parked up front, put on his helmet, pulled out his keys and started the engine, then drove off…

"I can't control it!" Ryou thought to himself as he drove out of the city, the aura emerging from his buckle was now transforming him and his bike slowly. The buckle around Ryou's waist shined one last time in a bright flash, and then it released some form of wave of energy, causing explosions to occur wherever the waves hit, and then, he was fully transformed.

A violent emotion took over Ryou at that moment, and he revved up his engine, the machine now resembling an armoured dark horse with blazing red eyes. As he rode on, he felt a certain excitement building up in him. It was a feeling that Ryou had felt afraid of, something he had been trying to suppress; the instinct to kill…

The lake nearby the river that flows out of the city.

A boy and his father were fishing, they had caught a pretty decent amount as well.

Tsubaya: You did good today, Hiroki. Mama's got a lot to cook today!

Hiroki: Yeah, but I wouldn't have gotten this good if you hand't taught me well pops!

Something moved along the river, slowly, without the father and son knowing of it's presence. It was human-like, and yet it seemed like a shark, swimming through the ice cold water, it's teeth bared.

Tsubaya: Oh, this feels like a big one!

The father pulled the rod back, and just then, the monster popped out of the water, splashing wet as it lands on the ground in front of Tsubaya and Hiroki. The monster was gray coloured, and it began to walk towards the pair, it's razor sharp claws and fangs bared…

Police station.

Hongo reached out his for the spot in-between the cracks over his head. As he reached it, he pulled himself up slowly, and then continued on. He was doing a rock climbing exercise beneath at the gym. Just then, a female voice rang throughout the entire station from the speakers.

"Attention all units, an unidentified life form has been sighted heading out of town towards the southern district, far off city. Please report to your superiors for orders regarding the current situation."

Hongo sighed, then pushed himself away from the rock, letting himself swing loose, and then used his own weight to sling back down towards the ground. Removing the rock climbing equipment and dusting off his hands from the powder, he headed towards the lab in the basement…

9 Hours ago…

An abandoned construction site. Underground.

A young man in white linen clothing was reading a book, standing in the dark corner. He had a strange mark tattooed on his forehead. He seemed to have been enjoying what seemed to be called in this age "Modern Literature". Humanity's grasp of how life should turn out… to him, was very mundane. Despite that, he couldn't seem to have been getting enough of how dramatically humans seemed to love writing about their failures, as if it was something worth being glorified.

"Shouldn't you be busy?" a voice whispered through the winds.

"I left it to the hungrier ones." the man responded, not looking up from his book.

"The only reason they're hungry is because I starve them. Unfortunately, I cannot do the same to you, therefore, consider yourself in a very opportune state of gratitude towards me-"

"I'll have gratitude for no one, but for myself, and for the loyalty I kept to Him while I had awaited for over a millennia in that rotten cave, craving to have been freed, wishing someone would have come for me… but none did. So… I owe it to no one, but myself, to get the most out of my time out of there isn't it?" the man, closing the book, and then turning to face what appears to be a bird-like angel monster.

"Tch… have it your way." the monster ushered, before suddenly disappearing, leaving only feathers behind.

"And you had to go and make a real messy exit, didn't you? Ah well… just like you came, ill-mannered." the man sighed, as he opened the book again, then began reading away again, smiling.

Dice was doing sit ups when Chase came riding back in on his bike at the warehouse.

"When did you even leave?" Dice said, getting up and picking a piece of clothe to wipe his off the sweat.

"We've got a problem." Chase said, pulling off his helmet and getting off his bike.

"Woah what kind of problem?"

"They're on the move again, but it's scattered." Chase said, sitting down.

"What do you mean scattered, yo speak human with me man."

"Remember that night I found you yeah?"

"Yeah, what about it?"

"You see, each time something… one of them, targets one of us… I can almost sense it, as if I locate and pinpoint the exact point they're standing on a map. It's just glimpses of scenes, but somehow… I just knew where to go."

"So what's the problem now?"

"There's two of them."

"Haven't you ever fought two on one before?"

"No, and the bigger problem is that the other one I'm sensing, he feels… familiar, like that one we met earlier."

"The one that appeared to be like you, right?"

"Yeah, but he wasn't… I had a feeling he's something else entirely, whatever that is, it's not gonna bode well with anyone."

"You don't think you could take him?"

"Not alone, no."

"Well… you'd be out to be looking out for support… now wouldn't you, Chase?" a voice hissed from the shadows. Dice and Chase stood up alert, then turned around to see the young man in white linen clothing and tattoo on the forehead smiling at them.

"Who are you!?" Chase demanded.

The man walked no further, but then only smiled.

"Just… a mirror-image." the man said.

"What is… this feeling? Why am I… shaking? This intent to kill… it's so strong. And it's coming off him!" Dice thought as he looked at the man, his body beginning to shake.

"What are you talking about?" Chase said, his senses beginning to tingle at every word the man had been saying. He definitely wasn't feeling great in the man's presence, with the way he moved, it seemed inhuman.

"But… then again, I don't think you have the time to get exactly what I want to tell you… Well, cutting straight to the point might be a little hard, but I do have an offer, Chase." the man said, turning his back towards them and began walking off into the shadows.

"Oi, what is it, what offer are you talking about, where do you think you're going!?" Chase shouted as he ran after the man instinctively.

"Chase!" Dice shouted after him. The young man in white clothing suddenly vanished from sight as he entered the shadows, the last thing the two saw, was him smiling, and his eyes turning completely blood red, shinning in the darkness, and then suddenly, disappeared…

"What… was that?" Dice asked, shaking.

"I don't know… but I have a feeling we're somehow stuck in the damn crossfire…" Chase said, before turning around and running towards his bike.

"Where you going?"

"Isn't it obvious? That guy knows somethings up, and he merely came to delay us!" Chase started the engine.

"Oi, wait up!" Dice said as he hurried and got onto the bike as well. Chase revved the engine, and then, they were off…

Victor had been trying to keep his distance from Chase and Dice for a while now. It bugged him every time the pip-squeak decided to play innocent and have Chase act like an older brother protecting the younger one from a bully. He was out with Stella, and they were driving down the road.

Stella: You know, you could try to lighten up a bit.

Victor: Yeah? Maybe I should walk into the middle of a battlefield and let myself be eaten as well.

Stella: I'm not joking around, Victor. I know you're tensed and all, but so are we. Fighting amongst ourselves right now isn't going to solve anything at all, and I think you might have said too much about Yuuji to Yuusuke last night.

Victor: Yeah… that I know.

Stella: Then don't you think you at least owe him an apology?

Victor remained silent and continued to stare out the window.

Stella (cont'd): *sighing* I really don't know how to handle you guys honestly. I'm really trying my best here to get you to open up but all you do is shut yourself out on us.

Victor: You think it's been hard on us, that's it right?

Stella: What do you mean?

Victor: You think we're going to somehow make it out of this whole mess alive and still be able to regain our previous lives, don't you?

Stella: I want to try and remain optimistic.

Victor: Well I can't!

Stella stopped the car and then looked at Victor, a bit shocked.

Stella: Victor, why are you yelling-

Victor: Look at me! I'm shaking just thinking about this! Talking about it is already putting me through a panic!

Victor's hands were shaking, and so were his legs. He tried to stop them from shaking.

Victor: The truth is, I'm scared. Probably more scared than anyone here. Unlike you guys, I didn't have any trauma in my life. I came from a well off family, thinking I'd be able to change my parents point of view by my own hands about the world and my dreams…. but lately, just the thought of seeing them has become impossible. Let alone doing anything at all in this condition.

Stella: I understood you were simply deflecting your own insecurities off on other people, but I hadn't thought it'd be this bad. (still clam)

Victor: That's just like you. Psych major, always calm and analysing people.

Stella: Victor, since you admitted something to me, I'm going to share a little bit of myself, okay?

Victor nodded.

Stella: The thing is, I didn't feel anything at all when Yuuji died.

Victor: Wha-?

Stella: It's always been like that. Even before, when I was still living with my relatives after my parents passed away, I was never able to really fit into a social group or form close and personal relationships. Mona's about the only one who's been there to support me because she saw was the first person who saw that side of me and yet still chose to remained as my friend.

As Stella spoke, she looked out at the front of the car.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

3 years ago…

Stella was in a university lab. She was doing research on a few lab rats. They were all wired to an electronic machine. There was a chunk of cheese in front of them. Each time a rat tried to get close to the chunk of cheese, they would get shocked.

Stella (narrator): I mostly spent my time studying and observing animal behavior because I couldn't understand human emotions very well. There was a time when I was doing a particular research on some lab rats on my own for a report.

A rat tried desperately to get closer towards the cheese again, but this time, the voltage seemed to have increased, and the shock sent it running backwards.

Stella (narrator): I had placed a chunk of cheese in front of these lab rats, and each time they tried to get close it, I would electrocute them. After each trial, I would still increase the voltage, to see if they had thought the cheese was worth the risk of being hurt. That was about when she saw it, I guess…

Another rat tried to get close again, and this time, the voltage seemed to have increased too intensely, and it was shocked to death, squeaking in it's last breath.

Stella (narrator): I was really surprised. I had taken into account the hunger factor, partially because I had starved them for two nights in order to increase the potential of their primal instincts.

The door swung open as the rat squeaked to death. Mona was standing there, looking at Stella in shock.

Mona (Flashback): What are you doing!?

She rushed forward and pulled off the wires from the rats' bodies.

Stella (Flashback): Can you not interfere with my research?

Mona (Flashback): But look at what you've done!

Mona stroked the dead rat's head.

Mona (Flashback, cont'd): Poor thing… it was so cute too…

Stella (Flashback): It's just a rat.

Mona (Flashback): It's not just a rat! It's a living being!

They feel silent.

Stella (narrator): That was the first time I ever felt something close to guilt… no, it was more of a curiosity as to what guilt felt like.

Stella (Flashback): Sorry… I had to make sure of something.

Mona (Flashback): Even if it costed this thing it's life?

Stella (Flashback): … Yeah.

There was something cold about her eyes, and Mona had taken notice in it.

Mona (Flashback): You… aren't normal, right?

Stella (Flashback): I've often been told that. I don't really fit into any social group nor do I intend to conform to anyone's standards… but I'm really… sorry.

Mona (Flashback): Did you even mean it?

Stella (Flashback): I'm not sure… but I'm trying to.

Mona sighed, she then picked up on the table and put the remaining rats back in there.

Mona (Flashback): Well… at least you're trying, so I guess I couldn't ask too much of you then.

She then picked up the dead one.

Mona (Flashback, cont'd): But you've got to at least bury this one! You owe him a proper burial!

Stella (Flashback): Him?

Mona (Flashback): Yeah! Him, not It!

Stella (narrator): That was the first time I've ever been forced into doing something I didn't like. Usually people just left me alone without ever asking me to take responsibilities over my actions. My relatives figured I may have been in a shock after my parents passed away, and that might have been the reason for my being so quiet in the household, but I knew that wasn't the case. I just wanted to avoid getting involved with human emotions unnecessarily.

Mona and Stella were under a tree, and Mona was bent over, covering a small hole with mud.

Mona (Flashback): That should do it.

--------------------------------------------------------

Now….

Stella: Ever since then, she never really left me alone. Anytime she saw me reading by myself, she'd come over and have a chat. That was about when she told me it'd be interesting if we joined the Archaeology club.

Victor remained silent. He wasn't sure what to say as of yet, but he somehow understood where she was coming from, yet he hadn't realised Stella had been a much more closed in of a person than himself. In a sense, it lifted him up from his own insecurities, despite not liking it, he felt pleased to have heard her story. Finally, he broke the silence.

Victor: What did you really think of those rats?

Stella: I guess in a way, I'm more like the chunk of cheese.

Victor: How so?

Stella: When people try to get too close to me, I shut them off. Just like how the rat was shunned away by the voltage. I just find people associating with one another to be some form of primal instinct they try to fulfil, like a hunger that needs to be fed for their own ego's sake and so they have a feeling that they aren't losing sight of themselves.

Victor: I suppose you're making some sense there. Well… I hate to say this and interrupt story time, but we should get going.

Stella: You just don't feel safe without Chase around, don't you?

Victor: Stop reading me.

She gently smiled and started the engine again, and drove off, not being aware of the sound of a bike's engine drawing nearer to their location…

-------------------------------------------------------------

Ryou was drawing nearer to what he felt like a possible target. The car had stopped in front of his path, but had started again and was on it's way forward.

Ryou's thoughts: No… those are normal people! Why isn't my body moving according to my will!? Stop!

--------------------------------------------------------------

From a distance, the figure that had appeared before Chase and Dice stood smiling at the scene as he noticed the fully armoured Ryou driving towards a moving car.

Mysterious Man: So then… how will this be going down?

To be Continued…