[Video Game] Kamen Rider Travelers Senki Announced for Nintendo 3DS

If anyone actually cares, White Wizard and KR Joker in.

We already knew about Shiroi Mahoutsukai but Joker is a nice addition. I am picking this game up on launch day, probably physical copy since I do want that Gambarizing Card.

As for human characters, the ones revealed so far (and the ones I remember being revealed) are:

Kamen Rider W:
- Hidari Shoutarou
- Philip
- Narumi Akiko
- Terui Ryuu
- Mikio Jinno
- Watcherman

Kamen Rider OOO:
- Hino Eiji
- Ankh
- Date Akira
- Kougami Kousei

Kamen Rider Fourze:
- Kisaragi Gentarou
- Sakuta Ryuusei
- Utahoshi Kengo
- Joujima Yuuki
- JK
- Nozama Tomoko

Kamen Rider Wizard:
- Souma Haruto
- Nitou Kousuke
- Koyomi
- Nara Shunpei
- Daimon Rinko
- Wajima Shigeru
- Hungry's Owner
- Kizaki Masanori

Kamen Rider Gaim:
- Kazuraba Kouta

Last edited:
So yeah, the game's out today and I already picked up my copy and been playing for a couple of hours with it.

Its not the worse Kamen Rider game I've ever played but is far from being the best. Some considerations:

- The game has NO 3D MODE. Just like One Piece R and the new Toriko.

- The game has 2 distinct modes, exploration and battle. The moment you touch a grunt (or when they touch you) you engage in Battle. Battles are 2D only as opposed to the exploration's 3D environment.

-The Riders DO have voices, but they only appear in Battle (and they are mostly from CH / BW).

- You CANNOT control the civil forms. They only appear in the cutscenes and from the moment you Henshin you can control them.

- You can only equip 4 moves per form and, at the beginning of the game, you can only perform 3 Attacks per gauge. Yes! The game limits the use of regular attacks too.

- The game is full of cool bits, too bad most of them you cannot control (yes, All Dragon vs. Phoenix, I'm talking about you).

- Every time you want to go to your Driver the game pauses so you can activate magic or switches. Gaim doesn't have anything special aside from his 3 forms. This is cool, but takes quite a long time (specially in Gaim's long transformation). There is, however, an option to make the narikiri henshin simpler that I haven't tried it yet.

- You will want to remove the BGM, the songs are good but there is no variety what so ever.

Last edited:
For those who have the game, the blog just post a password to boost Gaim's stats. Compared with Tales games, how was the game? Since it have the same maker.

Last edited:
Lurker
So yeah, the game's out today and I already picked up my copy and been playing for a couple of hours with it.

Its not the worse Kamen Rider game I've ever played but is far from being the best. Some considerations:

- The game has NO 3D MODE. Just like One Piece R and the new Toriko.

- The game has 2 distinct modes, exploration and battle. The moment you touch a grunt (or when they touch you) you engage in Battle. Battles are 2D only as opposed to the exploration's 3D environment.

-The Riders DO have voices, but they only appear in Battle (and they are mostly from CH / BW).

- You CANNOT control the civil forms. They only appear in the cutscenes and from the moment you Henshin you can control them.

- You can only equip 4 moves per form and, at the beginning of the game, you can only perform 3 Attacks per gauge. Yes! The game limits the use of regular attacks too.

- The game is full of cool bits, too bad most of them you cannot control (yes, All Dragon vs. Phoenix, I'm talking about you).

- Every time you want to go to your Driver the game pauses so you can activate magic or switches. Gaim doesn't have anything special aside from his 3 forms. This is cool, but takes quite a long time (specially in Gaim's long transformation). There is, however, an option to make the narikiri henshin simpler that I haven't tried it yet.

- You will want to remove the BGM, the songs are good but there is no variety what so ever.

Everything you described is incredibly redundant when you can just say "It's Tales of kamen Rider" Even limit of normal attacks (which is to avoid infinite stun locking of any enemy .)
Sounds identical.

Everything you described is incredibly redundant when you can just say "It's Tales of kamen Rider" Even limit of normal attacks (which is to avoid infinite stun locking of any enemy .)
Sounds identical.
For those who have the game, the blog just post a password to boost Gaim's stats. Compared with Tales games, how was the game? Since it have the same maker.

I don't have a lot of experience with the Tales series so forgive me for being "incredibly redundant".

I will film some of the gameplay and put on YouTube tomorrow (later today for you guys).

Lurker
I don't have a lot of experience with the Tales series so forgive me for being "incredibly redundant".

I will film some of the gameplay and put on YouTube tomorrow (later today for you guys).

Tis alright, I just want an excuse to say "Tales of Kamen Rider". Gameplay please. Especially Hi-Ougis or Blast Calibers or whatever more copyright friendly name they've been given.

I sure hope that by the time I can allow myself order a japanese 2ds or something, the game won't become impossible to get or something.

I sure hope that by the time I can allow myself order a japanese 2ds or something, the game won't become impossible to get or something.

Sorry to crush your dreams but the 2DS wasn't released here in Japan (and apparently it will not be). Also, contrary to North America, games don't tend to get cheaper with time (which is a weird concept that I still haven't adapted to).

Lurker
Sorry to crush your dreams but the 2DS wasn't released here in Japan (and apparently it will not be). Also, contrary to North America, games don't tend to get cheaper with time (which is a weird concept that I still haven't adapted to).

Well, I guess I'll have to buy a regular 3ds. Shucks. Stupid region lock.

So, as promised, here is my quick look at the game.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ_2b-oisUQ"]Kamen Rider Travelers Senki GAMEPLAY PREVIEW - YouTube[/ame]

I'll be doing a full walkthough of it. Turns out that the game is not as bad as I said previously, it gets really fun and addictive after a while.

I must also praise the devs for the incredible sound quality of the game. All proper sound effects are there, the voice volume is perfect and even the BGM, while are not from the series have their "feel" (ex. in OOO's chapter the BGM has a ska-ish vibe, in W's chapter it is more jazz-ish) even small details such as the clock noises at the Omokagedou are there.

The only thing I don't like is that even though Gaim is supposed to be the "main character" in the game, the story doesn't involve around him at all. Actually, so far he is the only character of his series.

Last edited:
Lurker
The only thing I don't like is that even though Gaim is supposed to be the "main character" in the game, the story doesn't involve around him at all.

one can say the same about BW, where Wizard just pops up in the prologue, looking cool, and then pops up again in the end, finishing the defenseless big bad...