[Video Game] Kamen Rider Travelers Senki Announced for Nintendo 3DS

So only from post-W era Riders? I wish they make the story with Riders from Kuuga to Decade too, complete with the human characters, but I think they need the actor's permission.

At least if they include Decade, they can show the Heisei Riders too but maybe in-suit only...
You can clearly see Shinji in the magazine scan. Toei doesn't need to ask anyone's permission since they hold the rights to the characters and, consequently, the actors likeness at the time they were filming it.

Lurker
This is so unfair. I am a fan of Tales of series!
I am a huge fan of Kamen Rider...

This is like "Tales of Kamen Rider"...
You guys don't get it...
This game!

[hide]
YElHpMD.png
[/hide]

Heroes are forever
You can clearly see Shinji in the magazine scan. Toei doesn't need to ask anyone's permission since they hold the rights to the characters and, consequently, the actors likeness at the time they were filming it.
You meant Kido Shinji? If so, could you point out where he is? I looked all over it and couldn't find him.

Lurker

you're blabbering nonsense again the scan only has:

-koyomi&shunpei(top scan left), Eiji/OOO(right)

-the KR club members(Kengo, Yuuki, JK, Tomoko, Ryuusei, Gentarou), Shotaro, Phillip, Date Akira (all in bottom left scan)

no Shinji anywhere in the scan over here man

you're blabbering nonsense again the scan only has:

-koyomi&shunpei(top scan left), Eiji/OOO(right)

-the KR club members(Kengo, Yuuki, JK, Tomoko, Ryuusei, Gentarou), Shotaro, Phillip, Date Akira (all in bottom left scan)

no Shinji anywhere in the scan over here man

Dude, why are you aggressive towards what I post? Chill out, let's be friends.

I mistook Shinji with JK, sorry guys. My point still holds though, if Bananm wants to put the Yusuke, Tendou or Ryoutarou in there they are totally entitled to since they hold the rights to the character (hence there are coupes from those 3 series that still air on Japanese TV). Of course, they will not be voiced by their respective actors but that's another issue.

Lurker
Dude, why are you aggressive towards what I post? Chill out, let's be friends.

I mistook Shinji with JK, sorry guys. My point still holds though, if Bananm wants to put the Yusuke, Tendou or Ryoutarou in there they are totally entitled to since they hold the rights to the character (hence there are coupes from those 3 series that still air on Japanese TV). Of course, they will not be voiced by their respective actors but that's another issue.

because you said "clearly", that's also kinda aggressive especially when its a false claim

ditto with the character rights, they have the rights to re air the shows and fature clips from it, that doesn't mean the have the rights for everything else for it, we haven't seen the rider's human likeness since V3(and no, even Kabuto is faceless in his own game, despite being voiced by the actual actor), there's obviously something going on with that, mostly because they don't want to pay extra cash for it, it's just like the vocal songs issue for the BGM's

and hence, the argument about this being from W to Wizard only, with possible appearance from Decade and Gaim

because you said "clearly", that's also kinda aggressive especially when its a false claim

ditto with the character rights, they have the rights to re air the shows and fature clips from it, that doesn't mean the have the rights for everything else for it, we haven't seen the rider's human likeness since V3(and no, even Kabuto is faceless in his own game, despite being voiced by the actual actor), there's obviously something going on with that, mostly because they don't want to pay extra cash for it, it's just like the vocal songs issue for the BGM's

and hence, the argument about this being from W to Wizard only, with possible appearance from Decade and Gaim

I'm sorry if I offended you with the original postage, I wasn't even talking to anyone in particular. So no need to offend me or be aggressive.

The Kabuto game did have Tendou in the opening if you remember well, they just don't put their faces in there for obvious reasons,one being that it is only for one take so why bother in animating a face? most people care for the suited Rider.

Also, if they didn't have the rights for the characters licenses they wouldn't have VAs mimicking the original actors voice. The Kamen Rider situation is the same as Doctor Who, take Chris Eccleston for instance, his face is tied to the ninth doctor forever him willing or not.

BanNam going for the anime type of drawing can make those character faces more generic than average as well. But I guess time will tell.

Sorry for the double posting, but here is the first PV for Travelers Senki.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_qCqvwt0M0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_qCqvwt0M0[/ame]

Surprise, Gaim's in there too and as the main Rider. W, Accel, OOO, Fourze, Wizard and Beast are the only playable characters as of right now.

Also, my heart jumped a bit at the beginning, I really thought for a second that was another Climax Heroes game lol

[EDIT] Site and Blog opened.

- Blog confirms that, once again, there is no multiplayer component in this game and the game will be available at the eShop as well as a retail release.
- Will feature a Gaim Gambarizing Card.
- Site confirms the appearance of the White Wizard.
- The game's main theme is "travel", travelling between the series familiar locations is one of the key features.
- They say that this is a new step for the Kamen Rider game history. (So that means that CH, RiGen and BW are dead?)

In other related news, they also announced a new Kamen Rider V3 Pachinko Game, here is the [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ln7OpyM5w8"]trailer[/ame].

Last edited:
Lurker
- They say that this is a new step for the Kamen Rider game history. (So that means that CH, RiGen and BW are dead?)

again, what kind of logic is that?, for RG maybe, but i don't think anybody wants to spend the rest of the decade playing SD sized rider in a very limited control of action, which is why 3D action mecha games still sells a lot even though the Super Robot Wars and G generation is much more famous(and probably "complete", roster wise)

so yeah, CH and BW will most likely still continue, it's not like this game will cater PS3 users anyways, unless you're saying that KR will stay as nintendo exclusive from now on.

If we look at mangas, Kamen Rider Spirits seems to have no problem giving cameo to any random Showa character though, doesn't matter how minor they were. I really don't think they went around asking for individual permissions for something like that, especially if you consider how many characters appear. I don't see why the situation with games would be any more complicated.

The lack of human appearances in Rider games likely comes from money, but money for assets, not rights. Making 3d models or sprites for human characters takes resources from things that could go to others Riders or monsters, after all. This game has the human characters because it seems to be an adventure game with combat sequences, so there'll be lots of dialogue and such, not just fighting. It also has a vastly reduced line up compared to Rider Generation. So, spending resources for the human sprites makes sense here, but in something like Rider Generation it wouldn't add as much to the game as spending more on Riders.

Last edited: