If your only definition is that it's marketed to young boys as a demographic, then yes. Since shonen just means "boy". But if you mean does it fit into the same *type* of show as your typical Shonen anime like DBZ or Yu-Yu Hakusho or One Piece or Bleach or etc. etc. etc. then hell no. They are entirely different in tone, structure, season format, marketing perspective...different in just about every way, really.

Since it targets boys, yeah. Anything that focuses on the young male demographic can be considered Shonen. If it focuses on adults and or female demographic , it is Seinen and or Shojo.

Gender of the main character or its focus could be entirely separate, because there can be Shojo with male leads and Shonen with female leads. Though it can be rare at times in such an atypical formula.

Many modern Kamen Riders and much of the Showa Riders fit into this demographic of young boys , though their elements can highly differ depending on whatever. If you mean in its maturity level that is. Then again, the "typical" boys cartoon I believe would fit into the narrative of many modern Riders such as OOO and Fourze.

Why? OOO and Fourze has various elements of Japanese Shonen anime, though Kuuga, Faiz, Blade , and Hibiki have various elements of Japanese drama.

The Ranger with the Cowbell
I can't see an argument at all why Kamen Rider isn't shonen, granted as a toku, that in of itself makes it radically different than anything shonen that's anime.

Now Demonic
This thread really just makes me want to see a shonen Anime of Kamen Riders, perhaps based off of Spirits, or hell even a new rider who is exclusive to the anime. Ultraman did it... why not Kamen Rider?

Ever since Toei began making their shows more animeish i say Kamen Rider fits the bill.

This thread really just makes me want to see a shonen Anime of Kamen Riders, perhaps based off of Spirits, or hell even a new rider who is exclusive to the anime. Ultraman did it... why not Kamen Rider?

You mean the Guyver , but on a motorcycle?

Lurker
Actually, the closest thing to Spirits would be, amusingly enough, Jojo Bizarre Adventures. It's hard to explain exactly why, but they have a similar vibe of these "larger than life" heroes, as Jojo is trying to establish each Jojo as amazing every single freaking step, so does Spirits seem to glorify it's characters because of the whole kamen rider legacy.