I am KamenRiderPEZ
Kamen Rider Pez Chapter 10: Ruined

Over taken by rage and isolation, a young man vows to himself that he will stand in the gap and proudly bandy the flag of his fandom. He will stand against the toy reviewers, the ramblers, ranters and the inconsistent content producers. This is his story.

“FINAL WAVE!!†the six Gokaiger unleashed their devastating attack on the JokeGuyger of Sentai Henshin Time.

The Gokaiger posed as the attack connected and rattled on the floor as they returned to the Figuarts from which they came. Matthew cast the trumpet aside and summoned the Testimony from within himself again. How it burned! He was lucky that he had been able to keep a clear head at the start of the ambush. If he hadn’t been able to wrest the Trumpet away from DJ in the scramble, he might have been the one the ground. Sting was the only one left; His dark half hung in a haze behind him, the ghostly pirate looked even more ephemeral as it clung to existence in the Monopsyche. He struggled to stand up; on bended knee he looked up at Matthew who was starting his henshin pose.

“Stop!†Sting pleaded, his hands up as if unworked palms could save him from the coming judgment.

“Prepare yourself for execution!†Matthew growled through clenched teeth.

“Why? What did I do? Who gave you the right?â€

Matthew henshined and went straight into Alligator Mode. “You have been found guilty of,†Penalize lashed Sting, cutting through his dark half as he proclaimed each charge.

“Slander!â€

CRACK!

“Theft!â€

CRACK!

“Defamation!â€

CRACK!

“Perversion!â€

CRACK!

The chains formed from the floor, tightly holding sting in place.

“You are sick and perverted! You continue releasing shows even though you acknowledge multiple times every episode that you don’t do a good job, or even try! You are unprofessional and you make a joke out of everything! And the jokes are not even funny, and when they are you overuse them until it makes me want to scrape my eardrums!†Penalize punctuated each sentence with a kick to the confined defendant.

Penalize stood there panting for a moment, just long enough for a silence to hang and break from the rattling as Sting fought fatigue and the weight of the chains to rise up again to speak.

“We tell you upfront who we are and what we do.†He struggled a bit and got himself upright. “Have you ever sent any feedback to us? No one forces you to listen.â€

Sting stood up; chains seemed to loosen and the ethereal haze began to solidify.

He continued. “Listeners like our crap. We don’t try to be super serious, but we have a sense of humor, which you obviously don’t.†He took a step forward.

Penalize took a step back, shaking his head “Shut up!†He swung the Abasher back and struck, but the Pirate caught the whip around its arm, defending its host.

Penalize kicked it into Sting and the two merged again.

Sting spoke through his monstrous form, “If you have ever laughed at any of our jokes or enjoyed the show, you can’t do this in the name of justice!â€

“I Penalize! I AM JUSTICE!†he jerked the Abasher loose and drop-kicked Sting. Flicking his wrist as they fell, Penalize landed crouching as JokeGuyRed landed on his knees. Penalize placed a boot on his face and pulled the whip taut. “LAGARTO CRUSH!†the Abasher’s lash tore through his body as it recoiled into the handle. The haze evaporated. Penalize kicked Sting onto his back and picked up a Batman PEZ Dispenser.

“So this is your Icon of evil? Pathetic.†He squeezed it until it started to pop, but stopped when he dehenshined

The voice of the Beacon came from the Testimony, “Don’t destroy the Icon just yet, we are so close to finding a way to rid the Monopsyche of injustice. With just one more Icon the secret may be unlocked.†The rough voice soothed him with its thick, balm bass.

Matthew rode the Gavel back to HQ, recalling his missions and the change they had had on the Monospyche. It wasn’t enough; the specter of greater evil hung in his mind. What he saw on the forums and what Sting had said to him; things weren’t adding up. If he was serving Justice, why hadn’t it rippled out further? RTD, MMM they grey silent as time went on, at first they seemed repentant of their sins, but they weren’t really being active anymore. The core of enjoyableness around which their Dark Halves had attached all those egregious sins had gone dim. Bad content was one thing, but was no content better? He had wanted reform not cessation.

Gavel was faster than his pondering and he shifted his focus as he entered the garage. He still had much to do. Matthew put on a smirk and shifted his plodding gait to a confident stride as he neared the end of the corridor leading into the control room. Icon in hand, he looked to the map display which toggled between the three sites he had visited his justice upon and a much wider few of red blips spidering out from them. He handed off the PEZ Dispenser and asked,

“What is this? That red represents Injustice, but I destroyed the Spirit of Shocker!â€

“It would appear,†said the gruff voice, “That these would be the Aftershock. The concentration of evil in the hearts of those over whom it had taken such control may have seeded itself in others before taking root so firmly in the three you encountered. It seems that the seeds are now sprouting.â€

“What an insidious plot!†Matthew banged his fist on the console and turned to go to the garage.

“Wait!†The Beacon flashed more urgently. “Thanks to your work and the Icons you have retrieved, soon you will be to save the masses from Injustice with great ease. Observe.€

Matthew turned back to see schematics on the displays. The annotations brought a tear to his eye as he realized what this meant. Soon his battle would end for good.

I am KamenRiderPEZ
Kamen Rider Pez Chapter 11: Stray Bullet

Over taken by rage and isolation, a young man vows to himself that he will stand in the gap and proudly bandy the flag of his fandom. He will stand against the toy reviewers, the ramblers, ranters and the inconsistent content producers. This is his story.

The Gavel glided to a stop, dusty tail tracing the final lengths of its rider’s journey. Matthew breathed deeply taking in the memories of his first victory against the phantom Injustice that had risen from the sick hearts of the students and staff occupying the campus. He wondered what the apparitions were doing; retracing the day’s events, fantasizing about each other, indulging themselves in selfish apathetic revere? The masses were so easily given to caring for nothing but their most base desires, to the exclusion of others and what resulted from pursuing those appetites. He could see the violent collisions of ripples emanating from egotistical epicenters, they were so destructive. Generational momentum had turned millions of so-called adults into childish beasts consumed by an avarice masked in success and achievement. Ishinomori may have created a karate bug man to sell toys to children, but that fiction highlighted a truth: evil exists. It is pervasive and consuming by means of seduction. Fourty years ago, men and women began to seek themselves, they opened themselves to the will of the Universe, and vast darkness answered them. It entered them, slipping into their bones and blood and DNA so that it could win its long game. Whether is was evil or the devil or the Great Leader himself, a force had set the stage for this time when it would tip the scale in the favor of human selfishness and return Man to the beast clawing to the surface. Matthew had figured it out, the rising Injustice was the blooming of the seeds planted so long ago. The sower was waiting for the harvest and the time was near. Matthew knew that only he could stop it. The Sower plans to use the Monopsyche to complete his control of all life by infecting human minds so that they will surrender themselves to primitive chaos and cower before his supremacy.

Matthew stepped off the Gavel and slid open the panel below the ignition and auxiliary ports. He smiled and kissed the pointed crystal he pulled out. His heart swelled at the beauty of his mission – once he had established the 14 Seats, they would connect to each other and the lab so that he could suppress and destroy the blooming darkness. The analysis Beacon had done on the Icons of Evil had cracked the code, so that together they could undo the evil that had been done. Now Matthew was just one Seat away from ensuring peace and wholeness in the Monopsyche; a peace that could even extend to the Lower World. He squeezed once more and knelt down to plant the final manifestation of hope in the soil moistened from his tears.

“It is finished.â€

He stood up and summoned the Testimony to activate the Seat and summon the Grand Jury. He closed his eyes and felt the wind blowing over him; a preamble to the cleansing that was to come. The crystals would relay and focus the energy coming from the Grand Jury, so that it could transmit the healing tone that would sap the blooms of Injustice and restore harmony. He let the wind carry his hate, fears, hopes and excitement away, eroding his mind and leaving only the razor-sharp drive to complete his purpose. The wind’s tail slunk past and he opened his eyes as he performed his henshin pose.

“HENSHIN!â€

Penalize stood ready to finish what he had started when he awoke on that operating table. He knelt down again but stopped and turned when he heard -

“Doesn’t your heart ache from all the unjust actions you have taken?â€

Silver boots and sleek white lines directed his gaze to big red eyes set over black tears.

“Another one?†Penalize bolted up to face the Faux Rider.

“Matthew, don’t you have any doubts about what you’ve been doing to these fellow fans of yours, and what you plan to do to more innocents?â€

Penalize crossed his arms and half-stepped back, “Trying to distract me, are you? I guess when I broke that other imposter, your group must have worked to make an upgrade. Fine. Fight me!â€

“Listen to me!†the Rider caught a fist and locked Penalize into a standstill.

“The Beacon that brought me to the Monopsyche is the will of Justice calling for me to defend Kamen Rider and all that it stands for. Evil is spreading in Man’s heart but I will free them from it at any cost!

“How does destroying people’s creativity and trying to restrict what they say and think spread freedom? This Beacon is about to suppress the creativity of millions, if I let you activate that device. Is that what Kamen Rider is about? Is that what you want?†He let Penalize free.

“Lies!†Penalize growled. “Who sent you?â€

Flash.

Rider 1 dehenshined and Hiroshi Fujioka – No! – Takeshi Hongo stood before him. With a warm smile Hongo put his hand on Penalize’s shoulder. Matthew reeled from his touch, catching himself by grabbing Hongo’s arm. Could it really be Hongo? His eyes seemed bright but weary. Matthew loosened his grasp and began to straighten out, but he was seized by questions. Had they been able to reproduce him entirely? Who was he fighting against? What kind of power did they have? All the questions melted away as Penalize blazed with rage at the thought that soon the Monopsyche and Lower World would be infected with more of the trash that made him hate the other Kamen Rider podcasts so deeply. They were enemies of Justice just like the fake Hongo.

Penalize tightened his hold on the arm and drove a defiant fist into the liar’s midsection with absolutely no effect. Hongo wore a look of sad resignation and let go of Penalize’s shoulder returning a punch that knocked him to the ground.

He was amazed at the power. As he stood up Hongo did his henshin pose and said, “I am the Messenger of Justice.â€

Penalize swung furiously but couldn’t connect; Rider 1 deflected his fists and grabbed his helmet.

Rider 1 yelled, “Full power!†The Typhoon flashed and energy pulsed through Penalize.

He dehenshins and grabs Rider’s shoulders to support himself. He stared into the big red eyes an said, “I see it now.â€

Matthew turned around and picked up the Seat, offering it to Kamen Rider.

“That’s not for me to handle.â€

“But you are Kamen Rider,†Matthew offered it again. “You have to stop this evil plot.â€

“I have done my part: I destroyed the other Seats, and brought you back to your senses. Now the real fight begins.â€

Matthew looked at him for a few moments then realized what he meant. “But I’m just a vindictive monster, I don’t deserve to be a Kamen Rider.â€

“You don’t deserve it. You must do it! Use your power to fight for good and defend those you once persecuted.†Rider 1 turned aside and got on New Cyclone. “I will be watching over you.â€

Matthew still unse, but strengthened by words shakily answered, “Yes. I must.†He got on Gavel, turned it around and looked back saying, “I will fight until the end!â€

Rider nodded and Matthew rode off.

I am KamenRiderPEZ
Kamen Rider Pez – Chapter 12: Consequence

The ride back to the laboratory was quiet. Matthew recounted his journey and saw the things he had ignored initially. He treated the changes and difficulties in terrain as if they were the stages he had gone through, conquering them as he adjusted to them. Now, however each victory added to the mass of ice in his gut; it burned cold and poked and jabbed with rough edges. The unforgiving guilt was going to tear him up if it kept growing, as it did with each revelation. His face twisted under memories of delight in attacking his fellow fans. How could he want to hurt them? How could he want to destroy them? – And all this over a glorified toy commercial children’s television show?

He entered the garage cringing at the corpse of Rider 1 he had vulgarly displayed on the wall as a sign of his supremacy. The ice twisted and expanded. He swallowed to quell self-disgust and parked the Gavel. Matthew stood aside the bike and breathed deeply for a few moments to calm his nerves and clarify his objective.

In.

Hatred brought me here. How did I let it consume me so? From where did it come?

Out.

Your sick, sick heart. You lost sight of the fact that these people are people and fans just like you!

Inhale.

You brought yourself here! You chose hatred and anger and death and wished to spread it to those you disagreed with.

Exhale.

But everyone is free to choose what they want. Whether you agree or not is immaterial. Everyone has a choice. You have a choice. Every decision is a choice; every day, every hour.

Inspire.

So I can change my course. I will find out what is going on and do the right thing. I will learn the truth and judge myself for a change; once I fix my situation, I can try to work on others’. Fat chance you have a lot of problems, man.

Expire.

It doesn’t matter now. I did what I did. Now, I’ll do what I do. I will act for Justice. I must; now more than ever, in whatever small way I can, I have to pursue equity zealously. Yes! Pursue equity zealously!

Matthew stepped away from the bike and forced himself to stare at the decoration with which he had earlier festooned the otherwise bare walls. The room was cold and sterile. Is that how he wanted things to be in the fandom: homogenous and lifeless? He closed his eyes and swallowed; the jagged cold expanded more.

On the other side of the steel door, he heard high-pitched screaming and shrieks; a persistent and unsettling whining that modulated between deep guttural mumbling to piercing cries. The door tore open to a sight from his memory, being played out on somebody. He wondered who or what was on the operating table; under pivoting, snaking lights and robotic arms. They danced violently as they worked; lights and welding arcs flashed sporadically as the form writhed under their craftsmanship. Matthew shielded his eyes from the light. The lights faded, arms slowed and recoiled and a persistent hiss broke into the hideous chorus; he lowered his arm to see what was happening. The lights dimmed and one arm met the payload of the hissing implement, it quickly arced with two electric splatting sounds and retracted. Matthew looked away, though it was too late, the brighter than sun lights had already burned his eyes so that even shut he saw their piercing traces.

Silence.

He winced and lowered his arm again. He opened his eyes and tried to rub away the retinal scratches, but all he could see was darkness and the fading glow electricity etched into his vision.

Flash.

Green light mixed into the blue gashes and darkness.

Flash.

Another pulse, he tried to turn towards the source, but was too disoriented by the fit of blindness.

Flash. Flash. Flash. Flash. Flash. Flash. Flash! Flash! Flash!

Matthew’s vision cleared just enough to realize that the strobing light was from the beacon on the wall and that there was at least one other pulsing light somewhere in the room. By feel, he settled himself at the computer console where the maps were accessed and waited for his sight to fully return.

“Penalize!†the rough voice called. “Why did you not summon the Grand Jury?â€

The Beacon pulsed for a few more moments. Matthew looked to it clenching the fist that had just been a hand supporting him.

“You wanted me to attack innocent people and I refuse!†Matthew blurted.

“Attack innocents? Never! Those people are all infected; carriers of a disease that can harm masses if unchecked!†The voice paused, waiting for its reasoning to stick in. “We are acting for great Justice!â€

“No, you had me acting for your justice – whatever that is! Why did you want to suppress creativity?â€

“So you figured it out, eh?†The voice faded and the light began to dim. “I actually wanted to siphon their creativity.â€

“Because of this?†Matthew touched the Testimony

“Yes I brought you here and gave you some of my power and sent you out to collect more. The Grand Jury would have eliminated my need for you, but -â€

“I won’t help you anymore. So does that mean you’ll starve?†Matthew asked hopefully.

“Oh, don’t worry about me…†The light dimmed further and the voice stretched and modulated, “I always have another-†The Beacon was silent.

Shocked and elated, Matthew’s mind raced, ‘That was it. That was it? What was the Beacon? What did it want? Was I just feeding it; maybe its ordinary food source had disappeared somehow? Maybe -’

“Plan in the works.†A voice said with the edge of a smile.

Matthew jumped. “Who are you?â€

“Who are you?†the voice responded through the darkness.

“Did the voice bring you here too?

“You brought me here, Matthew.â€

“What is your name?â€

“I suppose my real name would cause you confusion. Please call me†the tinny voice seemed to pause for affect. “Rüm. You will find that it suits both my nature and character.â€

“Uhh, alright.†Matthew remained quiet for a few moments, thinking to himself, ‘Ok. Just get the lights on and be ready to fight – or run. Now that the Beacon is gone, how do I get home and what do I do about this guy?’

Matthew smiled in the dark and asked, “Well, what first?â€

“Lights.â€

The lab filled with brightness from lamps and bulbs and panels Matthew had never seen. The surprising luminance revealed a grotesque form sitting on the operating table. Rüm sat their kicking his legs in alternating cycles. His fanged face – or helmet – with two massive ears and a third eye, large red eyes set upon black gashes running down to his pointed cleft chin. With a rattle he waved casually, chain links clanging against the shackles on his wrists. There were also shackles on his ankles and around his neck- he had broken free of some confinement.

“How did-“

“There is no time for questions!†Rüm said jumping off the table, spiked toes scraping across the floor as he gleefully leapt to Matthew and grabbed his hand.

Matthew tried to pull back but was against the computer console.

“Do you want to become one with me?†he asked grabbing Matthew’s other hand.

“What- No! Get off. What?†Matthew stammered and squirmed as he tried to get away from his odd assailant’s firm grasp.

He let go. “Don’t you remember that line? It’s from your favorite psychobabble giant robot show.â€

Matthew still looked for a way out, but paused when he noticed the ephemeral haze where Rüm’s waist should have been. He jumped onto and to the other side of the console.

“Oops! Rüm put a clawed hand to his fangs. “Guess the jig is up.†He lunged over the console at Matthew who rolled away.

Matthew sprang to his feet and rushed through a henshin pose to meet his enemy with equal force.

“It’s you isn’t it? The light, the Beacon, whatever the hell you are!â€

Rüm laughed “I am you!â€

“You’re not going to fool me anymore!â€

“No fooling.†Rüm straightened up, “I have no reason to lie to you.†He said looking at a claw as if admiring a manicure. “Thank you, by the way. You were such a dutiful little soldier. Without you I wouldn’t be standing here today. And without me you wouldn’t be here either. We need each other, Matthew.â€

“I didn’t want to come here. I just got sucked in to this situation. And for what?â€

“I’m not angry that you rejected me before. It’s ok. I was strong and you made me stronger. We used to hide and sneak and cowardice was the mode, but now you’ve learned to strike out at your enemies. I helped you awaken!â€

“You blinded me.†Matthew loosened up and stood gallows straight. “I let myself be fooled. I fostered anger and hatred against these anonymous beasts as I made them in my mind.†He shook his head. “But that isn’t what I want. I don’t want to feel that way about anyone.â€

“Oh, I feel that way about people we see every day. When I’m free…. They had better watch out.â€

“What “we†and what do you mean free?â€

“Don’t be coy!†Rüm shook his head chidingly. “The Icons of Imagination you brought me were the materials I needed to construct this body and when we are whole again the Testimony will take me into the “Lower World†as you call it.â€

“I never called it that!†Matthew said defensively. “Those were your words.â€

“And your thoughts.†Rüm bowed and spread out his hands graciously. “You rejected your world and hid from it in these stupid rubber suit shows and so forfeited your right to live in the world of flesh.†Rüm pounded a clawed fist on the console, smashing into it. “Just like you rejected me! If you don’t want that world then I will take it! You have suppressed me long enough! Now give me the belt and stay here in the Monopsyche.†Rüm extended his hand expectantly.

Matthew stood there deflated.

“You can just hide away here and do as you wish. You can do nothing. Peace, quiet, no responsibility, isn’t that what you want?â€

“And what would you do?†Matthew asked, betraying the softness under his mask and armor.

“Go where I want and do what I want. I would live.â€

“No.†Matthew shook his head and looked up at Rüm. “I can’t let you go there. If you are any worse than me, and you sound like you are, who knows what you’ll do.â€

“And what would you do instead?†Rüm asked setting his arms akimbo.

“Pursue equity zealously, I suppose.†Matthew shrugged

Behind the console, Rüm’s claws dug throwing knife fangs from his left leg and slowly oozed the tongue whip from his right hand.

Matthew continued. “I did some bad things. I wanted to do them. Can I return the creativity I took form those guys? I don’t know, but I can respect what they had and how they chose to operate. You know if everyone did what was good for others or at the very least respected their decisions and didn’t try to interfere with people’s lives, things would be better. That may not be the whole answer, and that may not have made sense to you, but that’s what I’m going to go for. I want to do good, and encourage others to do good. I’ll fight things I disagree with through positivity, even if it’s uncomfortable. I’ll be for things and not against them.â€

Rüm sighed deeply. “Fool.â€

He shot his hand towards Matthew and the serpentine tongue wrapped around him, trapping one arm against his chest as he futilely tried to block.

“Come now, Penalize. Let me go and I will carry on your true name. I will make them suffer.â€

Two blades flew at Matthew, stabbing into his chest armor, when he missed deflecting them, but that effort put him in position to intercept the third knife fang. He barely held onto it, but it was enough. With a cocktail of luck and skill, he managed to get a better grasp on it and cut through the tongue, even as Rüm slacked and yanked it to keep his quarry trapped.

“That may be how I feel in the moment, but I will not act upon that. I have no right to penalize anyone.â€

The lash wrapped around him, began to tighten further as the body of the whip recoiled into Rüm’s hand.

“I will judge them all according to your heart’s reasoning! That is right enough, Penalize!â€

Matthew turned the blade towards himself and cut in the gap between his trunk and arm, freeing himself from writhing taters of prehensile flesh.

“That name no longer has any meaning for me.â€

“But it is your essence; you cannot deny that it is for what your heart yearns!†Rüm seethed through fangs that came as close as they could to smiling.

“But I have set my heart to pursue equity zealously. I will no longer sit in judgment or penalize the guilty.â€

“Is that so?

“Today a man helped me see myself and now he’s watching over me. In his name I will defeat you.â€

Matthew shot his hands up over his head crossing in front of him and uncrossed them turning splayed hands to fists which he swung down, crossing each other again and pulled his fists to the sides of the belt. “I am Kamen Rider Pez, dispensing justice!â€

“And?†Rüm set an elbow on the nearby console and held his head in his hand. He snapped his fingers and dozens of grunts ran into the laboratory.

They carried classic microphones and wore masks with full headsets built into them. The grunts surrounded Pez and attacked, some of their microphones split open into electrified metal clamps. Which shocked and pecked at him as he deflected and blocked. Pez grabbed two by the shaft and spun in place, wrenching them from the grunts. He struck a few with the end of the microphone stands then turned them around and easily shocked the rest into a pile on the floor around him.

“Impressive. Now give me the belt and “we†can be like that in the world of flesh.†Rüm spread his hands to receive the Testimony.

Pez walked over to Rüm and said “This ends now. I’m sorry I ignored you, but you’re out of control now and I can’t let you run wild.â€

Rüm screamed, hitting Pez with a blast that rattled his armor and knocked him back. His body tingled from the ultra-high frequency wave that washed over him, carrying pain on its crests. Then the lights blinded him and robotic arms descended from their roosts and began attacking him with lasers, fire, cutting wheels and drills. He reached back and pulled two slugs from their holsters and slotted them into the Testimony to form the Wailer. The belt howled and he blasted through the arms and lights leaving the two in darkness.

He needed to escape. Half the belt was loose and available to be taken from him and he didn’t want any more surprises. He quickly added the last Wolf Slug to the Wailer and went into Wolf mode. He could smell water. He charged the Wailer and Bane Blasted the steel door blocking his way to the cavern where he had fought the alligator and ran, firing back into the darkness.

Riding a powerful gale, Rüm burst into the cavern. “Very well, Kamen Rider!†he spat. What had appeared to be a vest or chest armor, had unfurled into large wings. With blurring speed, he circled above Pez, screeching blasts that were sure to reduce him to a quietly consenting lump synched in Rüm’s ticket to freedom. And he was anxious to seize it. His weaker half crumpled to ground, cowering in terror. Matthew had always been weak, anytime they had done anything half interesting or enjoyable it was because Rüm had managed to push them into it. Now though, he was about to make things right, with one final strike, he would be free and take old of life, no longer stymied by cowardice and the artifice of morals and decency.

Rüm angled himself towards Pez and dropped yelling, “JUDGEMENT KICK!!â€

Matthew smiled beneath his mask. A space-black circle lay on the ground where he crouched; he rolled as Rüm was too close to pull back. He just managed to slow his descent with a single strong wing flap.

“Perfect!†Pez exclaimed as he spun to see his trap sprung.

The shadow shot chains, five chains, trained perfectly to enslave the savage beast that was their quarry. Rüm fought the chains and screamed and spit and growled, but Matthew’s will kept them true. The shadow was his heart and the chains his determination, the manacles on Rüm were his weakness. They were his weakness, but Matthew was weak no longer, the broken links at the ends of his determination reached the points were they had broken. They had been rent by the alligator’s death roll, weakened by the terror from myriad screeching bats and cut by the wolf’s fangs. The figments that had guided him into Rüm’s sphere of influence now gave him strength to subdue him. The bat’s keen sight would help him see things as they really are, when Rüm confounded reality. The wolf’s cunning would help him unravel lies when Rüm whispered spiteful words in his heart. The alligator would give him the patience and cool to keep Rüm’s hatred and rage clamped in vice jaws.

“It’s over, Rüm. We are stuck together, and I am in control.â€

“I’d rather die!†Rüm screamed and fought against the chains which tightened further.

“Very well.†Pez sighed and backed up shaking his head. He stopped at the water’s edge and twisted a boot in the dirt ran. He leapt a few paces away and yelled, “RIDER KICK!†and passed through him, turning him to haze.

“I will never be subdued! I will return to destroy you, worm!†the haze cried as it faded away.

“I know you will.†Matthew dehenshined and turned back towards the laboratory and said to himself, “And I’ll never stop fighting you.â€

Penalize no longer, Matthew conquered his rage and hate and chosen to stand in the gap and proudly bandy the flag of his fandom. He will stand with the toy reviewers, the ramblers, ranters and the inconsistent content producers, offering an alternative. He will strive to righteously climb to the top of the fandom by pursuing equity zealously and make the best content he can. He is Kamen Rider Pez and this is his story.

I am KamenRiderPEZ
Redesign and Rewriting

So in the tradition of the great Japanese storytellers I have enjoyed I have decided to redesign and retell the story of Kamen Rider Pez'. You can enjoy whichever version you enjoy. I don't care :) As my inspiration in story telling, George Lucas, says "Art is never finished, it is only abandoned." so I'll delve back into the Monospyche and spin another tale of overcoming dark ambition and aspiring to heroism/

Penalize- In the story the main character is a wormy guy so his natural suit (or Rider design) would be based on a caterpillar which has the potential to become something more, because he has room to grow as a person. The story takes place in a dream world so the suit is a reflection of the protaganist's mental state. The base of this design is a caterpillar. The idea is that he becomes corrupted by 3 things (the character is attacked by a wolf, bats and an alligator) which have an effect on the manifestation of the suit, which is why he has the jacket and boots to try to evoke the three.

Transformation Device: Arbiter
Front: Arbiter. A smooth, vertically symmetrical oblong that is more of a rectangle with rounded corners. The center of the device follows the shape and has three icons which glow yellow against a black background.
Back: N/A
Left: Injunction- Penalize uses the Injunction to control the Executioner which has Cruise, Follow and Attack modes. Rocker switches turn the functions on or off and sliders control the degree to which each function is performed.
Right: Gavel- a metal box that changes into his weapons.

Weapons
Bat: Knifuratu- long knife with a hand guard. Penalize holds it in the reversed or parrying position. The handle has a button on it that opens up a portion at the top which can receive Shells to power up the knife. While wielding this weapon SPEED and AGILITY INCREASE.
Wolf: Canon Lupus- double barreled handgun. Using this weapon gives Penalize INCREASED ACCURACY and PERCEPTION to track and find items or persons of interest
Alligator: AlliGripper- mechanical vise which can deflect attacks and crush most obstacles. INCREASED STRENGTH and STEALTH abilities accompany the AlliGripper.

Attack Types
Melee- Alligator’s specialty
Slash- Bat’s specialty
Ranged- Wolf’s specialty

Forms: None, though he gains power-ups when using the weapons.

Gimmick: Shells- shotgun shell type cylinders engraved with the Bat, Wolf or Alligator. The Shells are generated by the Arbiter which manifests negative emotions in the form of these Shells after they have reached a threshold. The Shells appear and are stored in holsters.

Gimmick Implementation: Penalize crushes the Shells in the Crusher on his mask which changes the Gavel from the metallic block into the corresponding weapon. Penalize can “feed” each weapon by crushing additional Shells in it via placing them in a hidden compartment that opens up to receive them and crush them when he slams it closed. Feeding the weapons increases their efficacy and or heightens the specific abilities.

Rider Machine: Executioner
penalize-v2.jpg

Rum- He is an amalgamation of Bat, Wolf and Alligator. His power is directly based off of Penalize's as it is derived from them.

Transformation Device: None really, he is stuck in that physical shell after having been incorporeal as the Beacon. Rum wants to gain an untransformed body from Matthew
Front: Evil Eye
Back: N/A
Left: N/A
Right: N/A
Weapons- The weapons all come from his body and are controlled as any limb or appendage.
Bat: Rage- Rum screams unleashing a sonic attack that can overwhelm an enemy and break targets with vibration.
Wolf: Dominance- Rum’s shins have protruding boney fangs which grow out to attack (when striking with the knee) and can even be pulled out to use as a hand to hand blade or throwing knife. His left hand also opens up to produce a fang.
Alligator: Avarice- a tongue comes out of Rum’s right hand which he uses as a whip and can constrict around a target to crush it.

Attack Types
Slash/Pierce- Wolf’s specialty
Ranged- Bat’s specialty
Forms: None, but his vest is folded wings which open and allow for flight.
Gimmick: None.
Gimmick Implementation: N/A
Rider Machine: None
rumv2.jpg

Pez- Having his powers stripped from him, Matthew can no longer become Penalize. Because of his original caterpillar form, he is able to transform again into a moth themed Rider thanks to all his experience. He carries scars and growth from what he had done as Penalize and has access to powers based on the old form.

Transformation Device: Judgement
Front: Testimony- A smooth vertically symmetrical oblong that is more of a rectangle with rounded corners. The center of the device follows the shape and has three icons which glow red against a black background. Above the icons are three buttons which change the “head” on the Gavel.
Back: Clerk- holds the Exhibits, they are there part of the belt when it manifests.
Left: Injunction- the Injunction controls the Warrant which has Cruise, Follow and Attack modes. Rocker switches turn the functions on or off and sliders control the degree to which each function is performed.
Right: Gavel- Similar to Penalize’s Gavel, but it has a slot to insert the Exhibits and a “hammer head” with which to strike the box. Pez inserts Exhibits into the box and strikes the Gavel to activate weapons and abilities.
Weapons- Pez’s weapons are fully integrated into the suit. They come from the tufts of fur.
Bat: Barbs- hardened needle like strands of silk which carry toxins in them. The wrist tufts smooth into white bands with a small barrel protruding from them. The needles fire from the barrels.
Wolf: Fangs- silk strands from the tufts cover Pez’s hands (and later feet) turning his gloves (and shoes) white, after which they become sharp to cut through foes and obstacles alike.
Alligator: Whip- a silken cord grows from the tufts on Pez’s wrists and forms the whip with which he can strike enemies at a distance as well as bind and constrict them.
Attack Types
Slash- Wolf’s specialty
Ranged- Bat’s specialty

Forms- like Penalize, Pez has no real form changes he has Modes instead. The Modes are selected by pressing one of three buttons on the Testimony which changes the head on the Gavel. The default head is a Cocoon, the other three are Bat, Wolf and Alligator.
Bat Gavel- Debuffing... as in he has poison barbs which weaken the enemy
Insert E1>Strike Gavel>Barbs
Insert E2>Strike Gavel>Increased Accuracy
Insert E3>Strike Gavel>More powerful poisonous Barbs
Wolf Gavel- Speed
Insert E1>Strike Gavel>Fangs
Insert E2>Strike Gavel>Increased Strength
Insert E3>Strike Gavel>All Fangs- all four hands and feet get the Fang effect.
Alligator Gavel- Strength
Insert E1>Strike Gavel>Whip
Insert E2>Strike Gavel>Increased Speed
Insert E3>Strike Gavel>Whip can bind enemies.

Cocoon Gavel (Final)- Harmony
E1,E2,E3>Strike Gavel>(Debuffing) Poison, Speed, Strength and Flight.
His weapon is Rider Silk WHICH MAY OR MAY NOT BE HIS SCARF (STILL UNDECIDED) uses fur/silk as the other modes do, but has access to a constant running supply, so he can shoot binding silk at one enemy while slashing through a door via kick, chop or Silk Blade

Gimmick: Exhibits- metal cylinders engraved with Bat, Wolf or Alligator.
Gimmick Implementation
Select mode with one of three buttons on the Testimony

Insert First Exhibit> Strike Gavel> Weapon is activated and can be used freely.

Insert Second Exhibit> Strike Gavel> Power up Pez to better utilize weapon

Insert Third Exhibit> Strike Gavel> Power up weapon

Pressing all three buttons simultaneously will restore Gavel head to the default, Cocoon.
Insert all three Exhibits> Strike Gavel> Pez gains all power-ups and can simultaneously use Silk (WHICH MAYBE HIS SCARF) as the super weapon.

Rider Machine- Warrant
pezv2.jpg

Last edited: