There can be four kamen riders in the style of martial arts.

- Seiryu (upgraded to Huang Long)
- Suzaku
- Genbu
- Byakko

Ao no Exorcist
GHOST/SPIRIT motif/theme i posted that too in the sentai thread cause i really wanna see someone henshin with a dead spirit but not like the possession in den-o, something like when the main rider puts on the ghastly mystical shaman belt his spirit ally spiritually unites with him and materializes the kamen rider's armor/suit.

Yes, I'm a shaman king fan. xD

Damn It. I was writing a fan fic about just that It's called kamen rider ghost. The monsters are called Wraiths. His henshin belt is was the seal that kept the gates of the underworld closed. I'm not going to give out more details please don't steal my idea I've been workin on it for a month and a half.

What Kamen Rider themes have they not done yet?

- Zodiac & Constellations
- Ninjas
- Birds
- Aquatic Animals & Pirates
- Demons & Angels

- Keys
- Jewels
- Talismans
- Artifacts

The problem with looking at motifs is that, as mentioned earlier, oftentimes Riders have different ideas and motifs layered in. Their designs aren't just one theme, but many. A fact that's always interested me.

There's also the problem that some motifs and ideas don't always fit, or if they do, they've been done to death in world culture. note that I said world culture. We all may be up on what's been done in our own countries, but for example the motif of angels and demons....Japan isn't one to shy away from the concept of using those ideas in manga and anime. How many serieses have you read where the antagonists are demons? I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to name at least five right off the bat. and that's just in Japan, and that's just the one motif.

Not saying it's a bad idea or anything, but when considering motifs, it's worthwhile to think of not only what would be good or kind of silly, but also what has or hasn't been done to death on the world entertainment stage.

All that said....

Artifacts? Um...wouldn't Kuuga qualify for that? As I recall his belt was pretty darn ancient. As was all of him, really. But it's broad so there's always room for more I'd imagine.

Angels and Demons? It's a broad motif so I could see Agito being in there, but I think there's enough room to allow someone or something else in there too. Done excessively though in other media. Personally I'd put in extra caution and effort before using it.

Zodiac and Constellations: Saint Seiya did this one to the bitter end, but as that's anime I suppose it's not a huge deterrent. I could see it being done. There were rumors that OOOs was going to be constellation-based as I recall. One could also construct that Ryuki had elements of this, but that's a long shot.

Ninjas: Um....I suppose, but....really....done to death. They'd have to work at it to make it special.

Birds: Possible, and even probable. We kind of had a glimpse at this with Tajador, but I could see it working, although maybe not for an entire Rider series. Perhaps for a specific Rider like a secondary.

Pirates and Keys: um.....Gokai Change? Yeah, it's not Kamen Rider, but I had to go for the joke, sorry. Anyway. Pirates? I dunno. Been done alot. Keys? Likewise, but I liked Ryukendo and Gokaiger, so it'd be worth it as a part of something, sure.

Jewels and Talismans: I could see these two working together as a motif. Odds are it would tie into ancient artifacts, as that's another broad one I don't see a problem.

Martial Arts: I suppose, but to me this would have to be a secondary motif. Everything else has a visual aspect that one can design suits and equipment around. Pure martial arts would be fine, but you've either got to go from scratch at the drawing board for visuals and design, or integrate it with something else to make the design aspect easier. A possibility, but it's also been done. ALOT. Perhaps not by Kamen Rider, but it's been done quite a bit.

Apologies if I'm being a total jerk on this one, but this is just what I'm seeing and thinking. They're great concepts, and since most of them have been done or used before in other places I think that proves their worth, but I think you have to question how well they'd work and if they've been overdone or not.

The problem with looking at motifs is that, as mentioned earlier, oftentimes Riders have different ideas and motifs layered in. Their designs aren't just one theme, but many. A fact that's always interested me.

There's also the problem that some motifs and ideas don't always fit, or if they do, they've been done to death in world culture. note that I said world culture. We all may be up on what's been done in our own countries, but for example the motif of angels and demons....Japan isn't one to shy away from the concept of using those ideas in manga and anime. How many serieses have you read where the antagonists are demons? I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to name at least five right off the bat. and that's just in Japan, and that's just the one motif.

Not saying it's a bad idea or anything, but when considering motifs, it's worthwhile to think of not only what would be good or kind of silly, but also what has or hasn't been done to death on the world entertainment stage.

All that said....

Artifacts? Um...wouldn't Kuuga qualify for that? As I recall his belt was pretty darn ancient. As was all of him, really. But it's broad so there's always room for more I'd imagine.

Angels and Demons? It's a broad motif so I could see Agito being in there, but I think there's enough room to allow someone or something else in there too. Done excessively though in other media. Personally I'd put in extra caution and effort before using it.

Zodiac and Constellations: Saint Seiya did this one to the bitter end, but as that's anime I suppose it's not a huge deterrent. I could see it being done. There were rumors that OOOs was going to be constellation-based as I recall. One could also construct that Ryuki had elements of this, but that's a long shot.

Ninjas: Um....I suppose, but....really....done to death. They'd have to work at it to make it special.

Birds: Possible, and even probable. We kind of had a glimpse at this with Tajador, but I could see it working, although maybe not for an entire Rider series. Perhaps for a specific Rider like a secondary.

Pirates and Keys: um.....Gokai Change? Yeah, it's not Kamen Rider, but I had to go for the joke, sorry. Anyway. Pirates? I dunno. Been done alot. Keys? Likewise, but I liked Ryukendo and Gokaiger, so it'd be worth it as a part of something, sure.

Jewels and Talismans: I could see these two working together as a motif. Odds are it would tie into ancient artifacts, as that's another broad one I don't see a problem.

Martial Arts: I suppose, but to me this would have to be a secondary motif. Everything else has a visual aspect that one can design suits and equipment around. Pure martial arts would be fine, but you've either got to go from scratch at the drawing board for visuals and design, or integrate it with something else to make the design aspect easier. A possibility, but it's also been done. ALOT. Perhaps not by Kamen Rider, but it's been done quite a bit.

Apologies if I'm being a total jerk on this one, but this is just what I'm seeing and thinking. They're great concepts, and since most of them have been done or used before in other places I think that proves their worth, but I think you have to question how well they'd work and if they've been overdone or not.

What are you saying? My ideas stink don't they?

Zodiac, Constellations & Keys: They'd fit.

Aquatic Animals & Pirates: Pirates of the Carribean style.

Birds: Like Kabuto, they'd have going to a Guardians of Ga'Hoole style.

Ninjas: Ninja Gaiden style with the elements of the world. The main rider would be like... http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=kamen+rider+hayashi#/d398aiv. The second rider would be a cyborg ninja like Gray Fox from Metal Gear Solid. As for an anti-hero rider, he'd be a fiery demon ninja rider who possesses power of the oni. The villains are Oni that have the ability to turn humans into their kind with masks.

Martial Arts: Beyblade style (Original to G Revolution). Seiryu, Suzaku, Genbu & Byakko, the main riders. Seiryu transforms into Huang Long form. Maybe they'll also go Dragonball Z style.

Supaidaman!
Most Riders have some sort of motif that helps unify the visuals of the design.

It's usually not an obvious motif like you'd see in Sentai though - So yeah, we're never going to have Ninja / Angel / Pirate themed Riders. They're more just design influences.

Martial Arts could easily be done. You have him evolve as a fighter and his final form is the Black form (and black belt) ..Belts. Rider. See.

It also seems like it'd be easy to incorporate a lot of stuff from Ryu's street fighter design to make a cool rider. Such as the hand/leg gauntlets and the red band around his head for the 'scarf' flourish.

It'd be awesome.

School Days
A psychic Kamen Rider! One who attacks with telekinesis and mind control! And when he is not in rider form, he reads the minds of other people to find clues on where the next monster will be!:anime:

Never said anyone's ideas stink. I just see where there might be some issues with some of them, and Toei would just have to put some extra polish and effort into them to make them special. Of course that would also mean it'd be easier to screw them up, but avoiding that particular disaster is on Toei, not any of us. All of those ideas are indeed possible and could even be damn good if the effort is put in. I just question if the effort would be put forth on Toei's part if they ever did it.

I could see the psychic Rider thing. Perhaps in the second season of W as, as psychic detectives have always been a thing some serieses have done.

*thinks about a second season of W. Gets depressed at the impossibility of it.*

.....I'm sorry for getting everyone's hopes up there for a second. That was mean.

Bread themed rider.
It'll be like Yakitate Japan but with Kamen Riders!

heh....might work at least as a side-job/cover. If they do this, I'm definitely watching just to see how they handle it.