I liked him when he wasn't a god
Daimonji is half-Caucasian and has the important job of piloting the Powerdizer. I think that's pretty progressive by Toei's standards.

Is it now confirmed that Meteor is a Martian called Grey?

Minato Ascending
Daimonji is half-Caucasian and has the important job of piloting the Powerdizer. I think that's pretty progressive by Toei's standards.

Well, they actually have an American football team in Fourze, which I think is extremely progressive already, and having a half-Caucasian actor as part of the ensemble is just the cherry on top. I hope in the future, they will continue with this trend.

The point is it's happened before.

Well, they actually have an American football team in Fourze, which I think is extremely progressive already, and having a half-Caucasian actor as part of the ensemble is just the cherry on top. I hope in the future, they will continue with this trend.

Sometimes I wonder if they purposely chose the half-white guy to be the captain of the American football team.

The Galactic Masked Rider
First alien Kamen Rider, eh? I guess they're not counting Prince Dex of Edenoi. Or maybe this is their version.

Eye See You
The point is it's happened before.

Yes. We do have better odds at getting a white guy as a secondary hero over a black or brown one that is something you cannot deny.

If I recall I think we've only ever had 2 black characters in Tokusatsu (one of the INET members from Megaranger & Mr. J or whatever his name was in Faiz).

As for white folk, we had Sean in Ultraman Max, the same actor in Kuuga, The B-Fighter you were referring to, and I think I am missing one.

First alien Kamen Rider, eh? I guess they're not counting Prince Dex of Edenoi. Or maybe this is their version.

No human being with a soul counts Dex/Saban's Masked Rider as anything. :p

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Sometimes I wonder if they purposely chose the half-white guy to be the captain of the American football team.

In context of the show Daimonji's mother is obviously the white parent, she could be American though I'm not sure they'll provide that much more detail about his background

No, it isn't confirmed. So far, that rumor has gotten a few things right, like the name Meteor itself, Meteor appearing as a student and debuting in Movie Wars. However, those elements could easily be guessed (Meteor sound clip in Fourze's belt with different effects was out by the time, and the other two are high school cliches).

So, the other parts of the rumor about Meteor being an alien Kamen Rider from Mars, a space war and previous Riders appearing in the second story arc of the tv show about that space war could still turn out to be false.

Last edited: