SLICE
I'll give my thoughts on Kuuga in just a moment, as I had the pleasure to watch the series in full the other day(s).

But first I WOULD like to bring up something that was touched on earlier.

Namely how batshit the Decade movies are, in general.

Let's see, according to Decade, Shadow Moon is more powerful then Rising Ultimate(!!) Kuuga and Final Decade. And by more powerful, I mean effortlessly beats the **** out of them.

And we can assume that Shadow Moon is as powerful as....well...Shadow Moon. Considering they're supposed to be the same villains, more or less, but different people. Like how you have to think that Decade Kuuga is as powerful as Regular Kuuga. Otherwise things just don't make ANY sense and everything just goes down the crapper.

Anyways.

...this means, to me, that Kamen Rider Black is *ALSO* that powerful, considering he's always, in every fight he's had with Shadow Moon, been equal to, if not slightly better than, him. At the end he utterly out classes Shadow Moon.

...so why was Black in the background again? Why wasn't he taking on his arch enemy, showing the younger Riders what it means to really Henshin?

This carries over, as well, to the Final Decade movie.

SO. Let me get this straight.

The most powerful monster, the most dangerous and deadly being in the entire universe, Doras, who can take on ALL OF THE NAMED KAMEN RIDERS BEFORE DOUBLE AT THE SAME TIME AND HOLD HIS OWN.... ...that's him?

That's...It's Doras.

So. Um. Does that mean that Kamen Rider Zo is offically stronger then every single Kamen Rider before Double? Seriously? Because ZO kiiiinda fought Doras alone. ANd won. Twice. ...the hell Toei? And if so, then who's stronger? ZO or Black?

Anywho. That...oddness aside.

Kamen Rider Kuuga was VERY good. Kuuga was a great character, and he had interesting powers that worked for him, unlike my issues with Black RX, and had an interesting enough storyline.

The main problem was that his villains....really kinda sucked.

I mean, really.

The only thing that made them threats was that human bullets weren't, YET, able to kill them. Outside that they were just a bunch of psychopathic mass murderers...and call me crazy, but I kinda expect more from a Kamen Rider series. Something a bit grander, in its darkness.

Plus the villains were largely...non characters. Uninteresting. Just...there. From appearance to personality, none of them REALLY stick out on their own. None of them are....that memorable.

And dear GOD the big bad was dissapointing.

Seriously? THIS is what we're waiting for? THIS? Goddamnit!

I can understand what they were trying to go for with the final fight-ubt in my opinion, they didn't go far ENOUGH. It was far too muted. If they were trying to show the horrors of fighting...it wasn't done properly.

Kamen Rider Kuuga is a great show, worth a watch

But only a watch.

Once is enough.

Let's see, according to Decade, Shadow Moon is more powerful then Rising Ultimate(!!) Kuuga and Final Decade. And by more powerful, I mean effortlessly beats the **** out of them.

The Shadow Moon battle could have been handled worse. Yeah, he beat Decade easily... but so did every Rider in that movie before Decade started using cards. He never used cards against Shadow Moon.

Shadow Moon never took a single hit from U.R.Kuuga nor did he physically overpower him, so Kuuga is never actually shown to lack power. Also, U.R.Kuuga knocked off Tsukasa's transformation in one hit, something that Shadow Moon failed to do.

So. Um. Does that mean that Kamen Rider Zo is offically stronger then every single Kamen Rider before Double? Seriously? Because ZO kiiiinda fought Doras alone. ANd won. Twice. ...the hell Toei? And if so, then who's stronger? ZO or Black?

ZO actually ended up eaten by Zoras and only killed him in the end after they separated again and it was apparently weakened. Although, yeah, he was a much weaker opponent in the first battle, unlike the Decade version. Although in Decade everyone handled him very easily after they went to their final forms. So it might just mean that ZO is between base and final forms of Heisei Riders.

Last edited:
SLICE
The thing is though, just touching on the Doras one as its the one I've seen recently...

ZO still fought off Doras and really only got eaten due to outside forces. And he DID break free, more or less.

And its less that it took the Final Forms of the Riders to beat Doras, as it is the fact that it took ALL of their final forms to do so.

Doras took on AU Kuuga, Decade and...um...NatsKivara...chan?...whatever her name was. And he beat the CRAP out of them.

And he was STILL holding his own against *ALL* the Riders that showed up, until they went into their final forms.

I just find it so bizzare that ZO could be so freaking powerful.

I guess this is why we never actually see Decade beat ZO.

It would have been deemed too unrealistic.

Doras took on AU Kuuga, Decade and...um...NatsKivara...chan?...whatever her name was. And he beat the CRAP out of them.

He kicked them around, but it's not like he actually beat them. No one had used special attacks, transformations or anything.

The moment Decade did it, with the final kamen ride cards, Doras didn't even scratch anyone. Also, let's not forget that Decade and Double beat a powered up version of Doras just with a standard final form ride.

I guess this is why we never actually see Decade beat ZO.

It would have been deemed too unrealistic.

They had no problem showing Decade beating RX in All Riders, only to get beaten up by Shadow Moon.

Although, like I've said before, he was getting beaten up before using cards almost every time in that movie. Amazon wasn't hit once initially, even though Decade had a sword and he was unarmed; RX sent him to the ground in seconds, faster than Shadow Moon, actually; And Super-1 was basically beating Decade's entire team by himself.

Decade losing to Shadow Moon wasn't that off considering how he was just using the same sword that failed in every other battle against a Rider in that movie. Double appearing out of nowhere and beating a villain important to the movie's plot was the actual problem.

Last edited:
Lurker
\decade movie stuff

Kamen Rider Kuuga was VERY good. Kuuga was a great character, and he had interesting powers that worked for him, unlike my issues with Black RX, and had an interesting enough storyline.

The main problem was that his villains....really kinda sucked.

I mean, really.

The only thing that made them threats was that human bullets weren't, YET, able to kill them. Outside that they were just a bunch of psychopathic mass murderers...and call me crazy, but I kinda expect more from a Kamen Rider series. Something a bit grander, in its darkness.

Plus the villains were largely...non characters. Uninteresting. Just...there. From appearance to personality, none of them REALLY stick out on their own. None of them are....that memorable.

And dear GOD the big bad was dissapointing.

Seriously? THIS is what we're waiting for? THIS? Goddamnit!

I can understand what they were trying to go for with the final fight-ubt in my opinion, they didn't go far ENOUGH. It was far too muted. If they were trying to show the horrors of fighting...it wasn't done properly.

Kamen Rider Kuuga is a great show, worth a watch

But only a watch.

Once is enough.
We try not to think about it. I'm sure many of us raged about how W easily handed it to Shadow Moon. Absolute lack luster moment. It's like "Oh c'mon!! New faces and they beaten our favorite villian!? Damn you Toei!"

I gotta admit, Kuuga's villians doesn't really stand out much, they depend on their appearances and special abilities to leave a lasting impression on people. But I do find them dark enough. The Grongi technically, based on the SIC Saga story are just human who has the special stone and modified themselves into these monsters. Remember the stone that the Bat Grongi had? I'm guessing it's those stones. Sure bullets can kill em, but that doesn't make them less of a threat, especially not grongis like Daguba or the last few.
A group of psychopathic killer that has a monster form is good enough for me as dangerous villians. Otherwise, the antagonists in Criminal Minds doesn't seem so dangerous anymore too huh? Then again, we are talking about monsters here. Thinking about it, it should be the first time that Kamen Rider as a franchise didn't had foot soldiers, didn't have generals or things like that, the first time where the villians are a group of people with a goal or a game to play. Might had been very refreshing for the older fans to see, I believe.

I was quite satisfied with the last fight honestly. We saw Ultimate Kuuga, we saw Daguba, after all the build up. They go into a bloody(literally) fist fight. I loved it! I just watched a video clip of Ryuga Vs Ryuki a few days ago, and I absolutely love how they were just fighting with their fists instead of using weapons. I kinda miss Riders that only use their fists and has no weapons at all. I haven't really seen much Showa Riders but yeah, I like em fist fights.

He kicked them around, but it's not like he actually beat them. No one had used special attacks, transformations or anything.

The moment Decade did it, with the final kamen ride cards, Doras didn't even scratch anyone. Also, let's not forget that Decade and Double beat a powered up version of Doras just with a standard final form ride.
If you ask me, being able to kick a bunch of people around and play with them pretty much means he's the strongest there.

Bringing back the showa villians without the showa riders doing a cameo just make me feel sad. :< I sure would had loved to see another Black showdown with Shadow Moon, or Zo with Doras.

If you ask me, being able to kick a bunch of people around and play with them pretty much means he's the strongest there.

Then why couldn't he do anything against them when they started using special abilities?

My point is just that Riders have a bunch of special abilities, and the moment they used them in that battle they easily beat Doras, showing that he wasn't so great. Even the Neo Life Form's new final form, after absorbing the Dummy Dopant, fell to a single Final Form Ride.

Last edited:
Lurker
I was looking at them at base form, I never really was one for final forms. Point is, they only won after they started using their special abilities and bringing out their final forms. Means that Doras is stronger then em if they are at base form isn't it?

The new Tendou Souji
Like how you have to think that Decade Kuuga is as powerful as Regular Kuuga.

No, you don't have to and therein lies your problem. You can't put Onodera on the same level as Godai without a lot of power-level stuff seeming funky.

Kivala was her rider name.

Banned
Episode 50 just slay's me every time, it's just so absurb!

Godai and Karou having to wait for the director's credit to appear on screen to start, getting trapped by the spinning Camera, Minori randomly showing up and getting stuck in slow-mo, Sawatori (also randomly appearing) Rider kicking the Grongi, and the *BWhooooooo* sound when it exploded.
:laugh:

Friendship and the Cosmos.
Saying Odagiri Joe's acting is poor is blasphemy. Especially compared to some of Sentai actors.