[CASTING CALLS] Kamen Rider Kiva: Rite of Succession

BTW, I was wondering that even though D-Lord asked first if we could compete for the role of the last Kurokawa sibling?

>.
well.... That depends on the profile he offers. If it's not immediately approved then i'll put it up for grabs.

No Fear, No Pain.
Sorry it isn't more but I was half asleep when I finished it. If ya need more just let me know.

Name: Katsu Takehiko

Faction: Neutral

Race: Fangire (Technically a hybrid, but was born Fanguire)

Appearance:
[hide]

Dante___Commission_by_ToPpeRa_TPR.jpg

WolfFangire.jpg

rey2.jpg

rey4.jpg

[/hide]

Rider/Kaijin distinction: Wolf Fangire/ Kamen Rider Rey

Weapons: Claws, Fangs, Gigantic Claws

Powers/abilities: The same as any Fangire with three exceptions: He has the ability to feed on the life force of other members of the demon races once they have been weakened enough. Katsu also has keen senses above average for a Fangire due to his heritage. The bizarre Fangire has also shown control over wintry powers which can create snow and ice in his close proximity.

Bio: It shouldn’t have been possible, yet she was with child. Kaguya Takehiko had only slept with him once, only to see what it would be like. Kaguya was a Wolfen, and Masanori was a Fangire, and both were very adventures. It should have been imposable for the two to produce a child together, but the truth could not be avoided forever. As the months passed it became imposable for her to deny the truth any longer, and she was forced to make a decision. Kaguya tried to find Masanori, but the former Fangire Prince, son of the fallen king, was no where to be found. Kaguya was forced to make the difficult decision alone, and she chose to let the child be born. After all, chances were in her favor that the child would be born a Wolfen, and her family might accept it into the pack without much reservation. Alas, it was not meant to be; the child, while much like a Wolfen, was born a Fangire. News that Kaguya had birthed one of the ancient enemies of her race spread like wild fire. It was not only Kaguya’s own people the new mother had to be concerned about, but also the traditionalist Fangire! The more pompous of the ancient race were disgusted by the news that the grandson of their beloved, former king had been born from the womb of a Wolfen *****. Soon, Kaguya was running for her life with her new born son in tow. The Lunar Sovereignty might have not forbid the birth of hybrids, but because of the unlikely chance of such a thing happening there were also no laws to protect such beings. Kaguya knew Katsu would have no chance with her, so she did the only thing she could think of for the boy. With great sorrow, Kaguya gave the boy to the Cathedral of Fangs; a huge sanctuary for Fangire rabble that stood miles from civilization. Kaguya was eventually found and killed by an unknown party, but at least Katsu was safe, and well hidden.

This was how the long, rough, and furious life of Katsu Takehiko began. His youth was not a pleasant one as the Cathedral of Fangs was no place for a child to be raised. There was almost constant fighting among the scorned and downtrodden that called the huge place their home, and supplies were few and far apart. Yet all Fangire outside the troubled place kept a distance from those cold, hollow halls due to ancient law. While the people within might have been the worst of the worst, at least in the eyes or most Fangire, they were also not out in the world interfering with the affairs of the “true†fangire. Katsu was fostered by the grounds keeper of the cathedral, but after reaching age thirteen he was told to start pulling his own weight. This was when Katsu’s life became about survival. It was a constant struggle just to stay fed in the cold, lonely place. Katsu had to fight for scraps, forage for vegetables that were of a pathetic scale, and feed on the life force of rats and birds. It was a hard life, yet Katsu thrived and even seemed to enjoy it. Strangely, the young Fangire was very much an adept at surviving in the harsh conditions. As he grew older he found he had abilities that others of his kind did not have such as higher senses, and control of wintery powers. It wasn’t until his fight against a powerful, former lieutenant of one of the check mate four at age twenty one that Katsu discovered his greatest ability. The man who was once of noble right had fallen hard after the new regime had set in. He had been wandering Japan attacking his own kind in some twisted concept of vengeance. When he arrived at the Cathedral, the powerful fangire began attacking the weak and scorned first, feeling they were pathetic excuses for fangire. When he engaged Katsu, however, the fallen warrior had no idea what he faced. The battle was long and, by far, the fiercest Katsu had ever been in. The young man fought against the old warrior for several hours until, finally, the powerful fangire was weakened, and Katsu stood strong. In one last attempt at victory, the old warrior tried to attack Katsu while he was screaming to the heaven in victory. What happened next was, no doubt, caused by some strange instinct born of Katsu’s mixed blood. Katsu’s fang sank deep into his foe and Katsu drained the mad fangire dry. All present were horrified by the sight of one fangire devouring the life of another of its kind. For Katsu, however, it was something of a revelation. He had always been suspicious of his heritage, and now he knew he was different from all the others. The grounds keeper, after remaining quite for years, told Katsu the story of his mother as he understood it. Katsu only laughed a menacing laugh and left the cathedral that very day. He didn’t know where he was going, or what he would do, but he knew one thing for certain; he would make sure nothing was the same again for the demon races.

When he heard word some years later of the royal succession and the three Kivas searching for the Fangire Rebellions super weapon, Katsu smiled and imagined how the demon races would react to news that he had the weapon under his control. If anything, the rouge fangire might get to have some fun messing around with the children of the king and have a few good fights. That would make Reyvat happy at least, and Katsu’s tiny friend could use all the cheer he could get.

Personality: A rebel without a cause if ever there was one. Katsu is loud, obnoxious, and smart mouthed with an axe to grind and the blood lust to swing it. While not an evil person, having a soft spot for children and the down trodden, Katsu shows little mercy for those he feels have more power then they deserve and loves a good fight to the death when the situation calls for one. He has no allegiance to anyone except those very few he calls friends, and won’t hesitate to run down someone that breaks one of his loose and self appointed tenants. Katsu has a special grudge against those that would abuse their power for their own benefit. Be it a fangire hunting a little girl who has no chance, or a squad of IXA deployed to hunt down a single, weak ass fangire, Katsu won’t stand for abuse of power. While during the last three years he has learned much of the world outside the Cathedral of Fangs, he isn’t really that technologically savvy and doesn’t even own a cell phone. He is adept in urban warfare and has a few other useful skills taught to him by the rabble living in Cathedral.

Additional notes: Katsu is not certain if his father is still alive, nor is he aware that he is the old king’s grandson. Katsu is a wild card in the right to succession as he does pretty much whatever he wants and worries little for the consequences of his actions. When transformed into Kamen Rider Rey, a unique power manifests due to the mixing of Reyvat and Katsu’s power awakening his Wolfen blood. This forces Katsu’s arms to be sealed with chains to retain power while transformed. The chains can be removed, however, using a special fuestle which grants Katsu access to the Gigantic Claws. The Claws are a physical manifestation of Katsu’s mixed Fangire/Wolfen blood, brought to the fore front by Reyvat. Katsu often fights in his Fangire form which is similar to a more streamlined Wolfen form, but bares the stained glass look common amongst his kind.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Side character profile

Name: Reyvat, the Rey Kivat

Race: Kivat (Cyborg)

Appearance:
[hide]
kvmovie3cl5.jpg
[/hide]
Bio: Reyvat was once a proud warrior amongst the kivats and fought alongside his people in the wars against the Sagarc long ago. While technically part of the royal line of Kivats, Reyvat only possessed a small amount of the Dark Imperial Power which allowed Kivats to transform worthy individuals into Kiva. Reyvat did not mind this, however, as it meant he had no need for a partner and had fewer responsibilities. When the new king rose up the structure of the Kivat’s hierarchy changed significantly. Suddenly, any bat connected to the partner of the former fangire king was considered a potential threat and was to be imprisoned indefinitely. Refusing to be jailed for nothing more then his bloodline, Reyvat fled the caves he once called home. Not long after his flight, Reyvat was brutally attacked by a swarm of Sagarcs who left the once powerful kivat for dead. The near dead Kivat was found and rescued by and early incarnation of the Fangire Rebellion, the members of whom saw potential in keeping Reyvat alive. The next few decades were hell for Reyvat as he was almost constantly experimented on in an attempt to create a power that would rival Kivat Bat the Great. Reyvat was cybernized into a mecha kivat with his power amplified many times fold. Unfortunately, no fangire seemed able to control the ferocious kivat nor were they able to transform into Kiva if they did subdue him long enough to attempt a transformation. Reyvat was seen as a failure and was left to rot in a cage. That all changed when, by chance, Katsu busted into the lab, furious about the research being done on humans, Franken, and other races there. Reyvat found what he desperately needed in those dark times; a kindred spirit. Much to the surprise of both ferocious beings, Katsu was able to stabilize Reyvat’s chaotic power while Reyvat was able to draw out hidden potential within Katsu. Together the two are able to become Kamen Rider Rey, a force capable of competing toe to toe with the armor of the kings; Kiva

>.
I was initially a bit hesitant about Rey not being a legendora but I really like this profile and what it adds to the world we're creating with this game. You're in:thumbs:

No Fear, No Pain.
Thank ya Jesus and thank ya DM. I can call ya DM right? Yeah I'm calling ya DM...rollin them dice. Anyway I may put up another profile since we are lacking in player characters for what looks to be a very nice game. I'm hoping the politics you have planned lead to some fun times as much as the bloody disputes. This coming from the guy playing the "I am hurt you now, yes?" character. Hmmm...I should have made him Russian...but then I would have wanted him to be the bear fangire and would have ruined my whole set up. I made the right choice didn't I?

Anyway, The way I see it happening so far:

Katsu is gonna probably be able to relate to and even become friends with Tsurugi, which is ironic (I think) since Katsu last name is usually Tsurugi in other stories I place him in. He won't be a knight and his way of thinking might put the two at odds ends at first, but I think they can eventually be buddies.

Katsu will probably want to beat the living hell out of Gram the first few times they meet, but might eventually allow the man to befriend him. They probably won't ever be brotans, but they might be able to become drinking buddies. Let's hope Gram can survive a bar fight.

Then their is Aika, who he will start calling Annie if he ever finds out her name. I can already imagine the first meeting of the professional fangire princess and the rough and tumble hurt train. Katsu might get his ass kicked, but he will leave an impression on the woman. In the long run, if Katsu finds out about Aika's soft spots, he should be able to tolerate her and might even play pranks on her just to adle the woman a bit.

This is all assuming Katsu ever softens up from his state at the begining of the story, which will take quite a bit of work. As for Reyvat...ummm...lets just hope Katsu's better mood rubs off on him. Is it bad I made Reyvat with a darker history then my rider?

Also if their is no Argument I would like to write up a profile for a Kivala. Which...is to say I am going to do it anyway but I won't post it unless it is cool to have another Kiva at play.

Edit: Now that I look at it...this reply was long. Anyway I am currently in the process of working on a second profile but it may take longer to finish then I thought (not that I am even sure I can have a second character yet...). That being said I was wondering when the dead line will be if their is one at all.

Last edited:
>.
LOL poor Gram. I suspect every character in this rp is gonna end up hurting him at one point or another.

I gonna stick with my rule on one series rider per person. Though later somewhere down the line I might be ok with you using the character. depending on how much more we need a female presence that time might be a bit sooner than later.

either way lazy dm is lazy. when I get home from work today i'll update the rp info to reflect elements of yours, Gankun's, and the bits of scarlet's profile I haven't mentioned yet.

Then their is Aika, who he will start calling Annie if he ever finds out her name. I can already imagine the first meeting of the professional fangire princess and the rough and tumble hurt train. Katsu might get his ass kicked, but he will leave an impression on the woman. In the long run, if Katsu finds out about Aika's soft spots, he should be able to tolerate her and might even play pranks on her just to adle the woman a bit.

Point of order, Aika's personality would be such that her immediate reaction would be "you're either for my laws or you're dead"- she'll listen to anything he has to say, but she's very much not in the habit of keeping around retainers or allies who she can't trust. She'd probably see him as potentially useful though, partially because he has a Rider power that isn't Kiva, and partially because as a mixed-heritage child, he's the symbol of what she will eventually want to achieve- if he's popular, accepted, and on her side by the time she's done with him, she can use him to push for a position as ruler.

Incidentally the poor girl really needs some competition, Gram is practically screaming "I ABDICATE, I ABDICATE!"

No Fear, No Pain.
Point of order, Aika's personality would be such that her immediate reaction would be "you're either for my laws or you're dead"- she'll listen to anything he has to say, but she's very much not in the habit of keeping around retainers or allies who she can't trust. She'd probably see him as potentially useful though, partially because he has a Rider power that isn't Kiva, and partially because as a mixed-heritage child, he's the symbol of what she will eventually want to achieve- if he's popular, accepted, and on her side by the time she's done with him, she can use him to push for a position as ruler.

Incidentally the poor girl really needs some competition, Gram is practically screaming "I ABDICATE, I ABDICATE!"

Like I said, it should be alot of fun. Though he may not be the poster boy she is gonna want since he isn't popular with...anyone. Except maybe vagrants, small children, the handicaped, and bar owners. Bar owners love Katsu...until he gets pissed off and breaks their bar with the assorted body parts of people he doesn't like. Still what better competition then a decendant of the old regime. He may even make Gram realize how important it is for him to give his all to become ruler. Katsu may eventually be motivated to whip the three siblings into shape in hopes of making them suitable rulers by his standards after he gets to know them better.

Clashing personalities are fun and often lead to animilistic head butting competitions to decide who will be dominate. Good time for all.