Professionally Insane
Down a dark alley ran a long, dark haired man in a manila coat and beige pants, soaked by the rain as it poured down relentlessly. Thunder roared in the sky shortly after each bolt of lightning danced through the cloud filled sky above. As the Asian man raced along in a panic, he began to stumble and toppled over a large assortment of crates and barrels, denting and crashing through them under his body weight. Staggering back to his feet he managed to make it to the end of the alleyway and found himself trapped by a metal fence. Quickly, clumsily he started to climb up the freezing cold, steel wired fence as fast as he humanly could. Nearly reaching the top he slipped and slammed to the ground with a wet, slapping thud.

All of the sudden he thought he could here a distinct, soothing melody begin to play in his ear. Yet it seemed to be so far off that he could not make out the words, but attempted to try and see if he could focus in on it...

Then, instead of the roar of thunder, the man heard the sound of howling beast from up above him. Forcing himself to squint through the beating droplets of ice, cold rain, he somehow saw the outline of something staring down at him from the rooftop of a building. His eyes went wide with terror, and hurrying to all fours the man began to scurry along the slightly, flooded pavement. His breathing turned ragged, sharp and heavy as he tried to escape.

Suddenly a pair of sharply clawed feet of that of an animal, landed in front of him with a splash, sending water into is face and knocking him onto his behind. When he clearer his eyes a bit he looked up and swore he felt his heart leap into his throat. The man's breathing halted as he looked into the eyes of his worst nightmare raising a clawed hand up over its head... and with one quick swipe, the beast slashed downward.

Upon the wall there were two shadows. One an animal-like humanoid and the other of a man sitting up. As the lightning flashed, the arm that was once held up by the wild beast was now down. Where the head of the man used to be, was the clawed weapon of the killing creature. A large spray of dark liquid continued to sprout from the severed neck, until the lifeless body flopped over onto the pavement. The clear water in the potholes were soon overflowed with red. Then reflecting in the red filled water was an elegant, beautiful, an almost milky white face of a young woman smiling down into the overflow of reddening water...
~*~

Kamen Rider: KENKAGE

Written By:
Robert J. Wong.

Opening:
"JUST ONE LIFE"-Spyair
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fza_WIbjTdI"]Samurai Flamenco/????????? Opening Full - Just One Life ?? - YouTube[/ame]
~*~

Episode 01: “On the Edge of Change.â€

Tsurugi Kuro, in a blue hoodie and brown wind break and faded jeans, road his motorcycle through the slightly crowded streets of Zenmujiku city, during the afternoon rush hour. Dodging and evading random people as he went he kept an eye out for the apartment building number he was looking for. The smell from the delivery box on bad of the steaming , hot pizza with the works filling his nostrils at every stop sign he came to. Coming up on Tengawa Avenue, Kuro eased on the breaks and came to a rolling stop. Lifting up his tinted, black visor on his SHOEI helmet, he took a quick look around then reached into his jacket and pulled out a red, smart phone. After some searching and swiping he found the GPS app he downloaded the other night.

“Ah!†he exclaimed, “Found you.†Then a shadow loomed over him and came a booming, cute, female voice and looked up.

“Hello, everybody! B-Girl here and today is a new day!†boomed the female voice from above. Floating high in the sky among some clouds, came the Sky-Screen. A massive rectangular monitor on a high-powered hover-craft of sorts, as an invisible current of magnetic energy holds it up in the sky. On it stands a petite, twenty-one year old, woman with teal hair tied back in a ponytail with two, thin rings of hair in the back. She wears a white, low cut, latex, mini-dress and royal blue gloves that go up mid-bicep that match the thigh-high, five inch heeled boots she had on. And around her waist, a black belt with silver strips on top and bottom with a circular buckle in the center, like a disc.

Kuro shook his head in disbelief at how she could start off the day happy, when he knew what the following announcement was going to be. It was pleasant that's for sure. Getting on with his job, he quickly put the phone away after turning it off. Then with a sigh he breathed, “Man..., well...†He then flipped down his visor and brought the kick-stand back up into place. Revving up the bike, Kuro continued on his way to the address's location.

“Can't let that get me down!†he exclaimed over the loud, slightly deafening engine as he popped a wheelie.

“Last night though,†she began holding her slightly closed hands up to her face cutely, “We had another Melody Beast attack! People should remember to stay within the safe zones when you hear the melody!†Suddenly the soothing tune started to play through the speakers, while the woman held a hand behind an ear as if listening. “Otherwise you will be in trouble! So be careful out there! Okay? Don't lose your heads out there! Bye-bye!†she finished with a wave and a wink before the video ended with the image of a blue circle, covered in green vines and black musical notes. In the center spelled the words out of musical notes: “Musicular Organization†with the subtitle under it: “Where Your Song Begins.â€
~*~

After making it to the right street, parking it on the side, Kuro turned off the engine and removed his helmet, placing it on the handle bars. Scratching his head of messy, dark brown hair he swung a leg over and dismounted from the bike and went around back to get the pizza. He searched high and low all over the street for the apartment number. Honestly he was starting to think he would never have found the place until someone opened, narrow, beige painted, metal door with the number in small, black digits in the middle. “Ah-ha!â€

Kuro rushed over to the open apartment door out came a average height, young woman with straight, long, auburn hair. He only seen her from behind and actually enjoyed the view. Her small, heart shaped bottom was what really caught his eye in a pair of black, jean shorts that appeared to be skin tight. Following up her proportionately slender frame, with two nicely form, though somewhat small breasts came into focus through the confines of her white sweat-shirt.

He wondered how long he'd been staring and quickly shook his head and looked her right in the eye just as hers met his. The twenty-five year old delivery boy couldn't help but smile at how beautiful she looked and found himself under to utter a word for a moment.

“If that's mine, you're three minutes late,†the Asian woman spoke sharply, yet softly at the same time. It was a enough to make Kuro want to melt but at the same time what she said snapped him back to reality.

“Eh? Oh!†The bumbling delivery boy clued in that he was holding her Pizza, “Yeah, I had a hard time finding the place... the GPS isn't that reliable. Heh...,†Kuro spouted out, rubbing the back of his neck as he struggled to continue to look her in the eye. God she was beautiful, and. Some part of him hoped she'd take a little pity on him due to the trouble finding the place. Sadly that wasn't happening anytime soon.

“Riiight,†she said faking concern, not believing his excuse one bit. “Well I'm still not paying for the pizza, not full price anyways. Says so on the guarantee. It's here within the time or I don't have to pay full price.†The twenty-four year old, auburn haired woman shoved a hand into her shorts pocket and pulled out a few bills. “Here's half,†she said shoving it into Kuro's open palm as he stood there, then grabbed the pizza and the mail box for today's mail before going back into her apartment.

“Eh? Eh?†Kuro stood there blinking, unable to process what had just happened.
~*~

The Z.C.P.D was a buzz with the usual days workload of petty crimes reported overnight and as the first rays of light came up. It went all the way into the afternoon, keeping everyone on their toes and quite steady throughout their work shifts. The air conditioner was still broke and so the air felt warm, and the smoke from a few lit cigarettes thickened it to that of a haze. Stale, lukewarm coffee from the night before mixed in with it as well. Most of the offers were used to it, but some did pray someone would make a fresh batch soon. A lot of them felt like they could use it, especially the ones who were not morning people.

In walked a decently toned man, about five-foot-seven with well kept, shaggy black hair and a goat-tee. Dressed in a blood red, leather jacket, a black T with a white, button up shirt over it, three buttons open at the top, and a pair of beige pants and black shoes, he certainly dressed like cop from another country. Even though he looked obviously Asian, the clothes certainly screamed western, at least the brand names did.

He marched on thrown the row of desks, ignoring the smell of stale coffee and cigarette smoke filling his nostrils as he went along. It didn't bother him all that much, but he couldn't say he enjoyed it either, though he was there for another purpose entirely. Reaching the end of the blue and grey painted room, he reached a door that lead to a room covered in glass windows, with white blinds shielding whoever it was inside. The blinds on the door's window w tilted open a bit so whoever was inside would know who was at his door.

He then gave a quick knock before entering Captain Mitsuhara's office, where the man himself sat behind a large, dark wood desk filled with papers, a laptop and a lamp. At the front of the desk sat a golden, rectangular plate with the Captain's name on it. Captain Hiroshi Mitsuhara looked about his late forties, with short, black hair that appeared to be thinning at the top. He wore a white, button-up, short sleeved shirt that had faint, blue stripes and a tie with dark slacks. Draped behind his comfortable, somewhat cushioned chair was a black coat that matched the pants and shoes he had on.

Mitsuhara stopped his pen and looked up for a moment then went back to doing what he was doing, “Take a seat, Detective Yamato,†he said, gesturing to the one of the smaller, stiffer chairs in the front of his desk.

“I'll stand,†Yamato replied dryly.

“Suit yourself,†said Mitsuhara, not caring either way if his new detective took his offer or not, he was going to make him wait regardless. Already busy with paper work that needed his attention was more important then briefing some new guy from foreign soil.

Desmond Yamato eyed the back wall, noticing several frames that were filled with pictures or friends, family with only kids and guessing divorced. Others held certificates, even a baseball team photo among them from either college or highschool. Looking over the desk he could tell Mitsuhara was a procrastinator due to the amount of paperwork littered about. Desmond could also tell that his new Captain was indeed a man tough man with a lot of scars as well, even if he couldn't see them. He just gave off that vibe to him, every mistake, every victim was a hit he took and hung over his own head.

“So..., you asked to be transferred to us from America,†he stated nonchalantly, “Why come here to our little city?â€

“The Beast attacks,†Desmond answered flatly, “I've done all I can over in L.A. and my investigation has led me here. Only way I could continue-â€

“Let me stop you right there,†Mitsuhara interrupted, holing a hand up. “Here, you won't be doing that. You'll be working regular cases, ordinary crimes. It's best to just leave it at that.â€

“I intend to do my job, sir,†Desmond told the older Captain, “But I will be continuing my investigation into the Melody Beast incidents.â€

“Don't be foolish!†Mitsuhara raised his voice and slowly rose up from his seat, propping himself up with his hands. “Do you know how many men and women I've lost out there trying to uncover what those things are and where they come from. -No one knows. No one will ever know. No one survives an encounter outside the safe zones. Nothing more.â€

The forty-eight year old Captain glanced at the paperwork upon his full, messy desk and sighed heavily. Then, as he sat back he continued in a much calmer demeanour. “Listen, Desmond. I've seen guys like you before. Think you're tough enough to cut it on your own. But out there against those things.... Bullets don't work against them, neither do fisticuffs. Might as well be firing blanks. Seriously kid, you got a life ahead of you still.

“Around here we consider a natural disaster and treat them as such. Cause there is nothing we can do about it, but run and hide. And fools... don't get benefits for doing fool hearty tricks cause they think they are invincible.â€

Mitsuhara sat back down while picking up his pen and continued to write, “Listen. Don't listen. You just do you job and leave your death wish for your free time. Not while you're on duty. You got it?â€

“Yes, sir,†Desmond responded a little bit of a louder voice, to show he understood his Commanding Officer. He wasn't done yet though and slowly, arrogantly leaned over the Captain's desk to look him right in the eye and started to talk in a quieter, sterner voice. “I never think I'm invincible, sir. I do believe evil wins when the just do nothing. Thought we are part of the justice system? Well at least I am the justice, and will do what I must to stop these attacks anyway I can... On my own time. Sir.â€

With that, Desmond casually stood up and marched out the door while Mistuhara watched and witness the door slam on his way out.

“Dismissed....â€
~*~

Across town, Kuro stood outside his last customer's apartment, knocking on her door while waiting for her to answer it. “Excuse me! Hello? Miss?†So far the plan was to wait till she opened the door then somehow not become a bumbling buffoon and ask for her number. To him she was the most beautiful girl had even seen in his life and he had seen plenty. Granted it was only in the magazines, at work and on the computer monitor. Still he felt that he had to at least try and ask her out somehow, maybe to a coffee.

Finally the door opened up and she stuck her head out through the opening to look around and see who was bothering her. Her eyes came up to the young delivery guy's and there they stayed as her expression changed from curious to a bewildered one. “What are you still doing here? You stalking me or something???â€

“Ehh... no... I...â€

“You're not getting the full price, I told you your guarantee says I don't if you're late, and you were late. Now shoo-shoo!†she told him while gesturing for him to do so.

“Ummmm... actually, I wanted to know... would you like to go get a pizza with me sometime...?†WHAT WAS THAT? Kuro wondered to himself, cursing himself in his head for saying something as stupid as that, and he didn't even ask for her number either! “And... it only works if I'm thirty minutes late.... heh. So you kinda have to give me the full amount....†He added, scratching the back of his head embarrassingly.

“What the hell, the guy on the phone said if it was late—period I didn't have to pay! I'm not paying it. You pay it. And get the hell out of here you creep!†she shouted at him and then slammed the door in his face, locking it up.

“Well that could of gone better...,†Kuro said quietly to himself, scratching his head again. “I still need the money though....â€

Taking a step forward, he was about to knock until he heard the sounds of clicks and clanks from the locks opening fast. Before he could step out of the way the door smashed him right in the face and knocked the twenty-five year old, brown coated lad onto his behind. Daze and confused he watched her run out in a panic, now in pants, jacket and a bicycle helmet. Shaking it off he staggered back up to his feet, holding onto the railing behind him .

“Oh crap! Oh crap! Oh crap! I need to get down there...!†shouted the young woman, charging along the walkway and flying down the staircase to a black scooter parked underneath. Getting on she stuck in the key, turned it and heard the engine sickly try to turn over for the better part of five minutes. “Come on! Come on! Come on! Don't do this to me now!â€

“Hey!†yelled Kuro from above her, grabbing her attention. “Do you want a lift?â€

She just stared up at him in shock for a minute, not realizing he was still there until that very moment. Honestly she wasn't sure if she felt relief, or fear for the fact that guy who asked her out was still standing near her apartment after she told him “no†and to leave her alone. Although given her situation right now, she couldn’t really hook this gift horse in the mouth right now...

“Sure!â€
~*~

Sitting in a big, comfy red chair sat a tall, athletically built woman in a dark, business attire ranging from a jacket, white shirt, and knee length skirt. Her dark brown hair flowed elegantly down over her shoulders in front and back. The bangs held back behind her ears out of her face while sitting cross legged and arms resting comfortably against the rests. The twenty-six year old woman looked on out towards an open window as a light breeze blew into the room, blowing the curtains around as if they were dancing along the wind. Every so often she would glance up towards the clock then back out to the light coming in through the window.

A long ray of sunlight shone through it all the way up to her feet, illuminating the eggshell coloured carpet beneath her. Next to her was a small, dark wooden, circular topped table, holding a white and pink china cup, half full with hot tea. Beside the cup and saucer was it's matching teapot. After a moment she reached for the cup and gently raised it to her slightly puffy, sensuous, rose coloured lips, and took a tiny sip.

“Tendou-sama,†spoke an elderly gentleman as he casually walked in into the nearly bare, opaque room, clad in an impressive suit, with thitw gloves and black bow tie.

“Yes, Ichijou-san?†she asked, placing her cup back upon the saucer.

“It next one is going to occur sooner then expected we believe,†replied the elderly, greying butler, curiously wondering what he reaction would be. Or possibly what action his mistress would be taking now that things were moving a bit faster then expected.

“I know,†said told him, “I've been watching the clock and... I can feel the moment coming. The melody even.â€

“What are you planning to do?â€

“I'm going to stay and wait...,†she answered, “To see what happens.â€

“Oh...?†wondered Ichijou out loud, raising an eyebrow at his mistress' answer.

“Yes,†she said, taking another sip of tea from her white-pink china cup. “This song and dance... is just beginning.â€

Both Tendou and Ichijou shared a grin while the butler nodded and chuckled.
~*~

Kuro and the girl he decided to give a lift to road along the streets of Zenmujiku City, passing vehicles every so often to get ahead of traffic. He was trying his best to get her where she needed to go as fast as he could, without going over the speed limit too much or endangering them both. The young delivery guy could feel her arms squeezing against him tightly as he bobbed and weaved the bike through a few more cars a little bit faster then last time. To be honest he wasn't complaining, he liked it actually and figured it'd be the closest he'd ever get with her so, Kuro thought he might as well enjoy it.

In fact a small smile came over him from under his dark visor, SHOEI helmet. Thankfully the tinted visor prevented her from noticing when he glanced back at her to make sure she was alright, and to continuing refresh her beautiful face into his memory. Deep down he didn't want to forget her and for sure didn't want to stop meeting her, but alas she probably wanted nothing to do with him. So after this he decided to bolt and move on with his life.

Earlier today wasn't bad enough to ruin his day, this sure was making up for it unfortunately.

Coming up to the curve of the street next to his passenger's supposed destination, Kuro slowed down and then put the kick-stand down before turning off the engine. She hopped off first and ran into the small, single story music shop. Kuro remained on the bike and just lifted the visor up, which the sun forced him to squint from where it was shining. There he waited for her to come out and she wasn't long inside the building, the young, auburn haired woman came out rather quickly holding a white, plastic bag with the store's logo on it. Inside the bag appeared to be a whack of stuff from the size of the bulge.

“You were in a rush to get all that...?†he questioned, raising both eyebrows in disbelief.

“Yeah, I've been waiting forever for her new single to come out,†she answered reading through the mini-booklet that she pulled from the bag. “What's it to ya?â€

“I thought you said you were late to pick up some important work files...?†he asked accusingly in a jesting tone. “You did say it was very important.â€

“Well...,†she began and looked him right in the eyes, seriously, “It's important to me. She's my idol. I wanted to get this on the day it came out.â€

“Okay, okay, but...,†Kuro trailed off.

“But what...?â€

“Can you...,†continued the delivery boy, “at least tell me your name?â€

She began to think it over, and though he did drive her across town without prying into why all the way there. Slowly she gave in and told him her name. “Shizuka. Yonemura Shizuka.â€

Kuro offered his hand in friendship and waited. “Tsurugi Kuro.â€

Shizuka then took his hand and they shook, with only the young man unable to control a broad smile from forming upon his face. The young woman on the other hand , eyed him a bit funny as she still found him rather odd. “Nice to... meet you...,†she said, awkwardly.

“Like wise,†he said, still grinning from ear-to-ear. Kuro found himself unable to take his eyes off her the whole time they were standing there on the side of the street as they both became silent, and the moment turned even more awkward. “So...â€

“So...,†began Shizuka uncertainly, “Do you do this a lot...?â€

“What?†he asked, taking off his helmet for a moment.

“Pick up girls you deliver pizza to?†she questioned, giving him a curious look and chuckle.

Chuckling, Kuro just shook his head, “And with vehicle troubles?â€

“Yeah, those too I suppose,†she laughed.

“Well the answer is no, not usually,†he answered, still grinning somewhat, “It's definitely a first time doing that. Though the bumbling like an idiot earlier is rather normal for me, when...†Kuro trailed off looking away from her eyes, finding it impossible to say what he wanted to say to her. His nerves were sadly getting the better of him again as he shied away from her gaze.

“What...?†Shizuka chuckled, pressing to find out what he was going to say.

“I-it's nothing...,†he told her, waving her away. “Listen. I need to get back. I'll take you back first though, okay?â€

“Hmmmm,†she mused over what he was about to say but decided to let it go for now. Shizuka knew he was right that he had to get back probably before his boss yelled at him or something. “Okay,†she agreed and hopped onto the back while putting on her bicycle helmet once more.

Kuro and Shizuka made their way back, taking a quicker route through the small market part of town. At least during this time of day it wasn't as busy or crowded with tons of people, so driving through to a bridge that went over a river, surrounded by white, concrete tiled ground on either side. Both of them could feel the heat of the mid-afternoon sun beating down on them as they rode over the stone and metal railed bridge. Which it took reflected off of the water, causing the illusion of it sparkling to Shizuka as she turned to look on out towards the large mass of water. Kuro still kept on looking straight ahead, but could see it too in his peripheral vision.

Once on the promenade which was filled with stone, rectangular pillars, metal columns and even sculptures, they slowed down as they noticed there was a quite a bit of people around. Taking a smaller pathway they drove along in between two rows of cherry blossom trees and onto the other half o the promenade towards the business district lied.

As Kuro and Shizuka headed towards the main street, passing between several buildings owned by the Musicullar Organization a soothing, melody began to play through the air even over the loudness of the engine. Slowing down on the throttle and coming to a halt, Kuro and Shizuka quickly looked around for wherever the creature would be coming from. Both of their hearts began to beat faster and faster while they also searched desperately for a safe zone marker. The closest one was all the way at the exit into the industrial area.

“Hang on!†he exclaimed to his passenger on back then quickly turned the bike in the direction of the safe zone and gunned if at full throttle. Revving it higher and higher, Kuro hoped he'd been able to outrun the Melody Beast no matter where it came out of.

“Where is it?!†asked Shizuka trying to be heard over the engine.

“I don't know!â€

Suddenly a few feet in front of them, a six-foot, green scaly lizard with metallic armor, claws and tipped tail landed crouched. Kuro could see the yellow beads of its eyes glaring right into his, and as he closed in they became bigger and somehow, angrier from what he could tell. Deep down it terrified him to the point where he didn't realize that he was speeding up and not slowing down. All of the sudden the front of the bike smashed into the Lizard's face, hitting the Melody Beast with enough force to knock it over a few more feet.

“Hang on to me!†he shouted back to Shizuka, hitting the breaks which forced the tires to skin and burn against the concrete to a stop as the bit pivoted to the side. “You aright?â€

Shizuka nodded her head while keeping her body held tightly against his back, afraid to let go for an instant. “Mm-hm!â€

Kuro could hear her breathing heavily and at least it gave him some comfort to know she was still on there and still alive. Then he heard the growling of the Lizard coming from the right. As he turned to see what it was doing he and his passenger were both knocked off the bike by the creature's large, scaly, ridged and metal tipped tail. Coming to, Kuro found himself laying flat on his stomach with a large crack on the right side of his visor. Looking up he noticed his bike had been thrashed over quite a ways, or he was thrown that far off. Either way his head and shoulder and pretty much his entire body ached. Remembering about Shizuka he quickly scanned around for her, and then he saw her lying a couple feet from him in another direction on her side, back facing him. Sadly there was no way for him to tell whether or not if she was dead or just asleep from here. Forcing every last bit of strength in his body that he could muster, Kuro crawled on over to her, dragging himself by his forearms and the side of his knees.

Then, he remembered the Lizard and quickly looked around for where it might be in case it attacked him again. While looking in behind him, a piece of his cracked visor broke off, shattering upon the ground beside him. Standing there was the Lizard Melody Beast, tail flowing in a kind of wild, fluid motion, as if preparing to strike at a wounded animal. It was preparing to finish him off. “No!†Kuro shouted and kicked the creature between the legs as hard as he could. While the beast stumbled backwards, stunned and growling in pain, Kuro staggered and tumbled getting up to his feet. The pain that shot through his own body was unlike anything he had ever experienced before. He figured it was the adrenaline surging through his body that allowed him to even move that much.

Rushing over to the fallen Shizuka, the young, delivery guy dropped to his knees beside her. Grabbing her by her shoulders, picking her up, he attempted to shake and wake her to see if she was dead, though he hoped otherwise. “Shuzka-san! Shizuka-san!â€

“Hello everybody! B-Girl here!†came that familiar, cutesy girl's, cheerful voice as the sky monitor flew across the the mildly cloudy, blue sky. “A Melody Beast attack is in progress! Remember, if you don't want to die, head to your nearest safe zone till the all clear!â€

“Shizuka-san!†Kuro exclaimed again, shaking her body once more. He heard her moan and breathed a sigh of relief finally knowing she wasn't dead at least. Unfortunately their time was running out as the Lizard Melody Beast had a swift recovery and roared a loud into the air, raising both its metal clawed hands into the air.

This was it, the end of the line for them. Death's final knock echoing to the very core of Kuro's soul as he watched the creature saunter towards them. He felt it's grip soon tighter around his neck, and felt his knees lift up from the ground, followed by his feet which dangled in the air. The air... quickly leaving his lungs as his wind pipe was forced closed by the massive grasp the Lizard had on him. Slowly feeling his eyes shut, everything started to turn blurry with only the soothing, hypnotic sound of the melody becoming the only thing he could hear....

Suddenly the young man felt something strike him in the gut, knocking the remaining air out of his body. It sent the twenty-five year old, delivery guy flying through the air away from the Lizard at near break neck speed. Sailing through the air he heard a kind of high-speed, slithering, wisp sound followed by a click, then hit the ground hard. Once more he blacked out and after regaining consciousness yet again, everything slowly faded back into view. The Melody was now in the distance, faint and almost not even there anymore. Instead what replaced it was the sound of a subtle, low-volume, repetitively quiet beep.

Kuro could feel something around his waist, it fitted rather snugly he thought. Gazing down the front of his body he saw that there was an wide, nine-sided, silver-metallic buckle. It had the appearance of a kind of boom-box of sorts, at least on either side which appeared to be speakers. In the center was a circular hole, like a clear, LED lens and a smaller, golden flat, circular knob in the center. It seemed like it could hold something from what he could tell. At the very top in the middle was a single, rectangular, grey button. Curiously he pressed it, causing the belt to blink in the center with a white light as it gave an “Error†notification noise.

“Great... now what the hell do I do with this...?†he asked a loud to no one in particular as he took off his helmet finally, dropping it to the ground while standing up. Checking out the rest of the belt, Kuro noticed it was similar belt to that of B-Girl's. Black with silver stripes on the top and bottom, but this time there was ports for something on either side. “What is this thing...?â€

“Ah! Ahh...!†exclaimed B-Girl on the monitor, then from one of the metallic pillars on the ground, a ray of light shone out of a small point near the top. From that light materialized a partially see-through hologram of B-Girl a few feet from where Kuro stood, facing him. Clapping her hands together, B-Girl exclaimed joyfully, “You've been selected! What will you be??â€

“Eh?†gasped Kuro, “What the heck are you talking about? -What is this thing!?â€

“Oh...,†she replied, “That is a Disc Driver. You do have your disc, right?â€

“What disc!?†he questioned, angrily. He noticed the Lizard charging in and swipe for the holographic girl only to watch the holograph break up around it's metal, clawed hand. Quickly turning around the Lizard swung its steel tipped tail towards Kuro, who ducked in the nick of time and rolled out of the way onto a knee. Watching the tail come at him again, the young man was able to dodge it yet again, but the third struck him in the arm and spun him through the air. Landing on his side with a dull thud, he cried out in pain before rolling over onto his back.

“Mmm-mmmh,†murmured B-Girl, pouting and shaking her head as she watched and cringed at what was happening. “You can't transform without it, but where could it have gone...?†she wondered out loud, tapping her bottom lip with her left index finger.

The Lizard Melody Beast snarled a laugh as it sauntered back over to finish the job once more. Stopping a few inches away the monster raised it's mighty tail and aimed the point right for Kuro's head. It looked down upon its victim and waited for him to look back at it, just so it could stare deep into his eyes as he drove in the final blow.

Suddenly there was this odd, spring-bouncing sound coming from the left of the Lizard, and Kuro's right. As they both turned to look in the direction of the noise they saw a small, green and grey, robotic grasshopper with tiny red eyes and silver antenna. Like lightning it bounced into the air and struck across Lizard's face, back and forth then dead center in the forehead, knocking onto it's behind. Once the monster was stunned, the Grasshopper robot hopped over to Kuro. They both looked at one another for a second until the robot turned on it's side, and popped open a rounded holder with a palm sized, green, crystallized disc that had a techno-circuit like outline of a Grasshopper on it.

Kuro hesitantly took the disc out and held it in the palm of his right hand. While standing he stared at it for a moment before looking back to the mini-robotic helper. As it bounced away the young man saw that the Lizard was starting to rise again. Startled, Kuro backed p a bit until form the corner of his eye he could see that B-Girl was trying to show him something.

“This!†B-Girl instructed, pointing with both hands to her waist where a holographic representation of Kuro's Driver appeared. “Put it in this!†Her holographic body turned into a vid-window projection of a kind simplistic instructional video. With light blue, kid-friendly arrows the Driver opened up into four sections. Two arrows demonstrated that he had to pull the side ones apart, followed by placing the disc in the center, and finally shutting it.

Kuro looked down at the Driver hesitantly at first, uncertain of what would happened to him if he did as the holo-spokeswoman instructed. His decision was suddenly made for him as the roar of the armored, Melody Beast snapped him back to reality. Instinctively he grabbed the left side of the buckle and pulled, easily it opened up into four sections, showing a dark-red interior, circuitry panel around the clear, circular LED port. “Driver Open!†went the belt in a loud, human, semi-excited voice. Placing the disc on the small, golden cap, he then pushed in on both sides of the open buckle, shutting it with click. Following that came a green energy bar across the middle of the disc, which quickly scanned up and down. Shortly afterwards the buckle said, “Hopper!â€

“Henshin yo!†shouted the B-Girl through cupped hands around her mouth after transforming back into her original form. It was almost like she was cheering him on from the huge smile she had on her face, that also kind of gave Kuro a chill down his spine.

“How...?†he asked, bewildered on how to actually operate the bloody thing. “This?†as he said that he tapped the top button down with a balled up fist. A ray of green light shout out of one side of the disc, then the disc suddenly began to spin—followed by more light rays appearing. The light and crystal disc spun in the counter-clockwise direction for a few seconds, until a metal version of the disc spun out and stopped a couple feet in front of Kuro. There it grew into a large one, about a meter and a half in height and across, as well as a three inches thick. “The hell...?

Laser lights emitted from the center of the belt and laser sizzled the techno-circuitry grasshopper symbol on the larger disc that matched the one on the disc in his belt. As the giant version split into pieces of grasshopper like armor on a hinged frame, it flew back towards Kuro's body. Meanwhile the belt itself covered--digitally a black body suit over him, from head-to-toe. Just as the amor attached and folded back over his body forming plates of armor that covered his: body, shoulders, down the outside of his arms, front of his thighs, over his forearms, hands and legs, feet and even his head. Which became a grasshopper like helmet with two, metallic-red compound eyes and twin silver antenna flipping up, curved backward a bit. Everything sealed up in the back, with a clamping click and a powering up hum as the eyes lit up.

“Edge of the Ninja...!†spoke the belt in a sing-song voice, once the transformation had ended.

Before Kuro could process what just occurred or even catch what the holographic girl in the white latex mini-dress, the Melody's Beast's tail came whipping towards him. Catching the new, black and green armored, techno grasshopper felt the credible impact force of the metal tip, striking across his chest. An explosion of sparks soon followed it, blinding the young grasshopper for an instant. It was all the creature needed as the stunned, suited up Kuro took another whack soon after. Then came a straight on jab from the tail that stunned the heck out of the Armored Grasshopper. It was so powerful it sent Kuro rolling backwards onto his stomach.

As he forced himself to look up, Kuro could feel the pain surging through his body still from earlier, it wasn't as bad now, but it still didn't help. The added strikes on top of it only shook him up a little bit more. But that sudden knock down did a good number, even through the suit. Shaking it off the Grasshopper saw the Lizard briskly marching over, with it's tail swimming like a cobra in the air behind it, preparing to strike yet again. Forcing his hands either either side, Kuro pushed up with everything he had and then some. Somehow managing to move both feet under his body, he pushed and with great speed, jumped up into the air. In the nick of time he avoided the incoming tail as it tried to catch him in mid-flight. Coming back down Kuro reaching back with his right first he shouted, “Eat this!†He missed...

The Lizard side-stepped the incoming Grasshopper's punch and lacerated across the front of his chest armor, showering sparks all around yet again. It continued it's onslaught, slashing and clawing at the pour Kuro who desperately tried to strike back, but only managed to hit air. Suddenly the young Armored Bug fell back again from the tail, sending slamming onto a patch of pavement, back first with sparks even erupting under him.

Kuro found himself almost to the point of blacking out from that attack. Honestly, wasn't this thing supposed to be helping? He wondered to himself as he tried to roll on over, but his body would not budge. Until he saw the Melody Beast charging at him as he looked back, upside down. Somehow using a burst of adrenaline he managed to brace himself, and swing back both legs, giving the Lizard a good crack on the nose. While it staggered back it tried to swipe for the Techno-Grasshopper again with its tail; Kuro flipped back to his feet avoiding it. He didn't stop there though, the young Armored Insect sprung down on both hands and shot back both legs, slamming both feet into the Monster's chest—this time really driving it onto its own back, stunning it.

Using that impact force with the forward momentum he somersaulted ahead and turned around on one knee, facing the creature once more. Charging in himself this time he leaped into the air again and this time flipped himself over behind the creature as it began to regain its footing. Grappling onto the back of the Lizard, Kuro held onto it for dear life. The Melody Beast swung around back and forth trying to throw him off with everything it had, but he just wouldn't let go, and instead Kuro tightened his grip around the monster's throat. Maybe choking it to death might work, Kuro thought and applied even more pressure, but forgot about the tail as it struck him across the back repeatedly. Then came the clawed hands as it somehow grabbed a hold of the Grasshopper. Honestly it was pretty damned determined to get him off its back, and when it did, Kuro felt his body thrown quite some distance.

As he struck the ground in a flurry of sparks, the Grasshopper Armored Kuro tried is best to shake off that impact as he did the others. Sadly it wasn't working, and at one point he swore he seen stars, that's how hard he hit the concrete this time.

Just then, Kuro heard one of the metal columns activate, but this time the whole side of it opened up with a pretty life-like B-Girl skipping on out. Across the battlefield she made her way, reaching for the a unique sword on her back. It had a curved blade with a square hand guard that had a bit of a mini grip on the back. Without breaking a sweat and without a shred of fear, this B-Girl came in front of the Lizard, giving it a slash across its chest. She followed it up with more, even cutting the tail off with one swing! With lightning, and elegant precision she swung the sword in a spinning motion with one arm and continued to drive the creature backwards. Finally this B-Girl stabbed forward with the tip of the blade and as it impacted in the center of the Beast, there explode a burst of sparks! B-Girl then threw the sword into the air and let it stab into the ground a few feet away from Kuro. As she gave him a wink and smile she skipped away back into the adjacent column. “Good luck, Ninja!â€

“Ninja...?â€

Kuro didn't know what to think, other then why did she just keep at it? She would obviously be doing better then him right about now... Unfortunately he couldn't dwell on that for long, the Melody Beast was already up and snarling again. Except this time it dashed for the sword! Kuro mustered up everything else he had left and did a mad run for it as well. As they both were about to grasp for the weapon, Kuro pulled back and swung for everything he had, slamming a good solid punch into the nose of the Lizard. He swore there had been a crunch, and the blood gushing out of it was the only proof he needed. If you could call that green stuff blood? The Grasshopper Ninja then grabbed for the sword and shimmied it from the ground. Turning the blade upward he looked it up in down as he held it with both hands.

“Alright..., -huh?†he gasped turned to find the now extremely infuriated, bleeding Lizard nearly on top of him. With lightning reflexes, the Ninja Grasshopper spun around and hacked with the Ninja Sword at the same time! Sparks flew while the sharp edge made contact, sending the wounded creature back again. Kuro didn't let up though he came at the monster again and haphazardly attacked, missing most of the time, but somehow able to hold the monster at bay. Each time he did land a strike, it sent waves of pain and sparks all over the Lizard's body. Until it finally caught the blade within one armored, clawed hand. Kuro then pulled back with his right and punched again, only this time the creature grabbed a hold of his fist. “Come on!â€

There they struggled for supremacy of the fight, each combatant doing everything they could, using every last ounce of strength to over power the other. Neither of them was going to budge though, and neither one dare relented. But Kuro could feel his knees giving out a bit and found himself down on one knee as he struggled to hold back the Monster from killing him. Just then he felt the soft touch of two hands caressing around his stomach. Looking down he noticed they were royal blue gloved hands. Turning his head to the right he could see in his peripheral vision that it was in fact B-Girl. “Ehhh?â€

Smiling, she gave him a wink, leaned in close and gave him a quick peck on the side of the helmet. “Trust me,†she whispered to him.

He could feel her hands caressing himself still and honestly he was really questioning what the hell was up with this. He was about to freaking die here! Then he noticed her hands move to the top of his Driver and watched her press the button down. Suddenly the buckle came to life and the disc began to spin clockwise, shooting every so often a flicker of light out of it, as if pulsating. Then B-Girl grabbed both end so the Buckle and titled it down towards Kuro's right leg before letting go.

“Let's Kick It!†exclaimed the Driver in it's usual voice.

“Kick'im.†she told Kuro, winking at him again before disappearing once more.

“Eh?†he questioned a loud, but then he remembered about the jumping ability of this suit. “Wait! Right!†With that the Techno-Ninja Grasshopper forced himself to get back on both feet, then slowly, almost struggling, began to crouch down. Pushing off he raised both legs and caught the Lizard off guard as he slammed both, charged feet as they glowed with green energy—into the Melody Beast's chest!

Back flipping a few feet back, Kuro watched as the Lizard screamed out in agony, stumbling backwards as it's whole upper body exploded into pieces. In the end only the lower half remained and dropped to both knees before falling over, burning the rest of the way, to ashes. Rising up Kuro watched the flames in shock and curiosity, though it was mainly out of shock as he continued to stand there... and stare. Unaware that part way through, Shizuka had been watching the fight and was now, staring right at him.
~*~

“Well, Tendou-sama?†asked the old, thin-haired butler, placing a small, square, shiny, crimson box on the side table next to his mistress.

“Very interesting...,†she answered finishing off her cup of tea. Placing it back onto the saucer with a clink she looked over at the box upon her table. Tenoud Ranru then looked back out the window and with a single though the vid window outside it vanished. “The overture has been long since over... and now... the first verse has had quite a beginning...â€

“You don't intend to step in and conduct them, Tendou-sama?†Ichijou asked, genuinely curious as he took her cup and saucer away with the teapot.

“Not just yet...,†she replied casually, and then glanced back towards the box on her table once more. “I want to let the pieces fall where they may first.â€

“Very good, Tendou-sama,†said Ichjiou, bowing to his mistress.
~*~

In the distance, looking over a bridge stood a rather tall man with spiked up dark hair with some blond highlights. He wore a black tank, blue jeans and a white jacket with a pair of medium sized, golden, square framed sunglasses. Golden chains dangled from his neck while one hand stayed in his jean's pocket, the other held onto a cup of coffee. Taking the final swig of it he tossed the cup into nearby trash can and the tured back to the aftermath of the fight. “Tch...â€
~*~

Also farther in the distance stood a shadowy figure, holding a staff weapon with a kind of spear head tip. Something moved beside it and the figured waved it back as if to settle down and then turned to watch the battlefield once more as well before turning and leaving the scene.
~*~

Shizuka continued to lay there, unable to get back up due to still being in shock of what happened and no what Kuro had become. Staring up at him she could see the flames reflected within the metallic, red lens of the compound eyes staring off towards the burning corpse. Then she watched as he slowly turned to look right right her.

To Be Continued...

Ending:
"4U" -camino
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VMuNcI9ux4"]4U / camino - YouTube[/ame]​

Last edited:
S

scikaiju

Pretty good man. a couple of good starting points for some mysteries with Tendou and the guys with the gold chains at the end. although I wonder what Shizuka thought of B-Girl showing up during the fight... if she saw her at all. And with Desmond we might have a potential antagonist or at least a rival of sorts for Kuro. All in all I'd say it's a very good start.

Professionally Insane
Yes, plenty of mysterious to kick-start the story. Interesting observations too, you'll just have to wait and see how things pan out. :3 Glad you liked the start of it though, Jim. :thumbs:

Professionally Insane
Ep2: "Dream? Chase the Wolf!"

“Let's Kick It!” exclaimed the Driver in it's usual voice.

“Kick'im.” she told Kuro, winking at him again before disappearing once more.

“Eh?” he questioned a loud, but then he remembered about the jumping ability of this suit. “Wait! Right!” With that the Techno-Ninja Grasshopper forced himself to get back on both feet, then slowly, almost struggling, began to crouch down. Pushing off he raised both legs and caught the Lizard off guard as he slammed both, charged feet as they glowed with green energy—into the Melody Beast's chest!

Back flipping a few feet back, Kuro watched as the Lizard screamed out in agony, stumbling backwards as it's whole upper body exploded into pieces. In the end only the lower half remained and dropped to both knees before falling over, burning the rest of the way, to ashes. Rising up Kuro watched the flames in shock and curiosity, though it was mainly out of shock as he continued to stand there... and stare. Unaware that part way through, Shizuka had been watching the fight and was now, staring right at him.
~*~

“Well, Tendou-sama?” asked the old, thin-haired butler, placing a small, square, shiny, crimson box on the side table next to his mistress.

“Very interesting...,” she answered finishing off her cup of tea. Placing it back onto the saucer with a clink she looked over at the box upon her table. Tenou Ranru then looked back out the window and with a single though the vid window outside it vanished. “The overture has been long since over... and now... the first verse has had quite a beginning...”

“You don't intend to step in and conduct them, Tendou-sama?” Ichijou asked, genuinely curious as he took her cup and saucer away with the teapot.

“Not just yet...,” she replied casually, and then glanced back towards the box on her table once more. “I want to let the pieces fall where they may first.”

“Very good, Tendou-sama,” said Ichjiou, bowing to his mistress.
~*~

In the distance, looking over a bridge stood a rather tall man with spiked up dark hair with some blond highlights. He wore a black tank, blue jeans and a white jacket with a pair of medium sized, golden, square framed sunglasses. Golden chains dangled from his neck while one hand stayed in his jean's pocket, the other held onto a cup of coffee. Taking the final swig of it he tossed the cup into nearby trash can and the turned back to the aftermath of the fight. “Tch...”
~*~

Also farther in the distance stood a shadowy figure, holding a staff weapon with a kind of spear head tip. Something moved beside it and the figured waved it back as if to settle down and then turned to watch the battlefield once more as well before turning and leaving the scene.
~*~

Shizuka continued to lay there, unable to get back up due to still being in shock of what happened and no what Kuro had become. Staring up at him she could see the flames reflected within the metallic, red lens of the compound eyes staring off towards the burning corpse. Then she watched as he slowly turned to look right right her.
~*~

Kuro looked back towards the smouldering embers that remained of the Lizard Melody Beast for the longest time, then slowly and hesitantly glanced down at him self. Through the round lenses he saw the black, lather body suit and the flat, green, techno-like armor over it. Raising up the sword in his hand then saw what was covering his face, the full green, grasshopper helmet. Silver mandibles covered the mouth area, silver antenna sprouted from the middle and upward, sleeking backwards. While two, metallic red, compound eyes stared back at him. “What the...?”

His body began to tremble and shake with shock and fear as everything that happened ran through his mind—hitting him all at once. It frightened him completely out of his wits and suddenly dropped the sword on the ground. Looking back over at Shizuka, now resting upon the side of her curled up legs, who stared right back at him with shock and uncertainty in her eyes. “You...”

Kuro, still in the armor felt panic begin to set in and ran over towards the bike. Picking it he turned the key, then once on he started up the engine and revved the bike to life—then roared out of there like a bad out of hell.

Shukza watched from where she was on the ground for a few moments, then slowly her eyes drifted downward. There was mix of anger, terror and loneliness that soon all turned into a numbing sadness as she glanced back up in the direction Kuro was going.
~*~

Written by:
Robert J. Wong

Opening:
"JUST ONE LIFE"-Spyair
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fza_WIbjTdI"]Samurai Flamenco/????????? Opening Full - Just One Life ?? - YouTube[/ame]
~*~

Episode 02: “Dream? Chase the Wolf!”

Some time afterwards police and paramedics arrived on the scene to find Shizuka still upon the ground. After helping her up and checking her out to make sure she was fine, they kept watch over her while she sat on the back of the ambulance with a blanket wrapped around her. Breathing into an oxygen mask, Shizuka still felt a little shaken up. Watching the police move people out of the vicinity who had started to gather cause of the commotion of the paramedics and several officers, she figured they didn't want people around in case of another attack. After she slowly took the oxygen mask off, the crowding people tried to see what was the matter with her while the police did their best to keep them back. Shizuka found herself starting to feel out of breath again and quickly put the mask back on.

Marching through the crowd towards her came a man with shaggy, black hair and matching goatee in a blood red, leather jacket. While scanning the crowd he spotted the lone, auburn haired girl, dressed in a pair of grey pants, jacket and holding onto her bag and white, bicycle helmet by the strap in one hand. In the other—the oxygen mask, up against her face and breathing in the air flowing out of it. He figured she'd been the one in the attack and with any luck she might be able to give him a clue as to what happened.

“I'm Detective Desmond Yamato,” he stated, flipping out and showing his badge to her as he stood before the shocked woman. “I'm investigating these Melody Beast incidents.”

“Yonemura Shizuka,” she replied lowering the mask, then continued, “Why investigate something like this? It happens all the time here...”

“I have my reasons,” Desmond replied nonchalantly and then he knelt before her, to get at least somewhat eye level with her. “And someone has to. Fight the monsters so-to-speak.”

“And that's you?” The image of Kuro fighting that Lizard as that green and black insect-ninja entered her mind again as she said that, making her bring the oxygen mask back up to her face.

“Yes,” stated Desmond in a blunt and cold tone. He wasn't kidding either, he meant it and knew it through and through he would stop these things, no matter what. Nothing was going to get in his way, not her, not his boss, no one. Starting here was better then nothing, he just hoped that she'd of been a little more co-operative. But... maybe these people were too used to this being the norm that they just don't care anymore. Maybe these people wished for death now as their lives went from normal to a game of chance in the last decade or so. “Just humour me, miss. Start from the beginning and work your way from there.”

Shizuka took a deep breath from the oxygen mask before she began and talked about what had occurred from the time she got up this morning, to meeting the delivery guy, to him driving her across town and finally what happened prior to being knocked off the bike. Part of her wasn't sure she wanted to tell him about what happened to Kuro, cause she didn't know where he was, or where he could of been now. There's no guarantee he would have went back to work. If she was honest with herself, there was lingering uncertainty of wanting to even remember any of them. Deep down she just wanted to push it all away and move on with her life. Though part of her wanted to looking for her delivery boy and to make sure he was alright, yet the thought of his sudden change, cause her to dismiss the idea of doing so. In fear of the unknown really.. but really who would know what would happen if she went looking for him?

“So after that insect-being appeared, save you both, he just ran...?” Desmond questioned, curious and wondering if that was what really happened.

“Yes, he just ran off, and the Grasshopper-ninja, whatever it was... left after it killed the monster,” explained a still shocked Shizuka, pulling the oxygen away from her for a few seconds then pressing int back on.

Desmond quietly sighed to himself and then figured he could try tracking down this delivery boy she mentioned. At least he could be a better lead or source of information then her, with any luck he might be able to piece together a better picture of what happened from this guy's side of the story. There was always two sides to anything, and usually he had a knack for figuring the truth from piecing the two halves together. “Okay... how about this Kuro fella? Know where I could find him?”

Shizuka thought about it and wondered if telling him where Kuro worked would help either one of them. Then she wondered if Kuro's change would be a cause for concern for this officer either, and if she did tell him the truth, she'd be caught in a lie, and taken down town as it were. She really just wanted to go home now and prayed that the detective would never find him. “He works at the Dance dance Pizzeria.... I'm guessing the one in Yokofuku perfecture.”

“Eight blocks from here... well it's a starting lead, thanks.” Desmond said, rising back up and marching back towards the officers and the now dispersing crowd of people.

Shizuka watched him leave and took a deep breath of the oxygen once again then placed it back onto the floor of the ambulance. Part of her felt relieved and the other... dreaded what that detective would find in his search for Kuro. Heck, maybe he'd even get killed by a Melody Beast along the way, but it was his life and he had the look of a painful anger, fuelling his determination for answers. It scared her a little bit....
~*~

Still in the techno-ninja, grasshopper suit, Kuro gunned it all through the city on his enduro, delivery bike as it puttered fumes out the exhaust. It sounded and even felt it was on its last legs and he wanted it to hold on at least till he got home. Taking the back roads he did his best to stay out of sight, though some of the kids he passed by gave him a stunned look. Some even yelled to him that he had a “cool” cosplay outfit. If they only knew what he'd just been through....

Making his way down several back alleys, Kuro made it to his own street and raced down the narrow back lot of his apartment complex. Turning right on the sharp corner towards the end as he avoided the gutter trash that littered the dark, pavement, he nearly crashed into the dumpster, only managing to dump the bike side on in the process. Letting it go he tumbled over and turned to sit on the ground a few feet from it. Still in a panic, he desperately began to search for a seam or anything to indicate how to get the helmet and suit off. There was nothing, nothing to grip, pull or even unzip, not even snap or Velcro strap.

“Dammit!” he cursed a loud and punched the side of the trash dumpster, pushing it into the middle of his driveway, and leaving a massive, indentation that resembled his four knuckles point of impact. “Oh ****!' he cursed again, panicking even more and continued to search for a way to get out of the suit again, even considering tearing it off now. Then he suddenly remembered the buckle, then began to dig into the center for the disc. Kuro's gloved fingers prevented him from being able to wedge it out, so he tapped it, shook it, until remembering to pull the sides.

“Driver Open!” shouted the buckle in its male, semi-excited, announcer voice. The armor then opened up in the back, unclasping and clanking as it detached from Kuro's black, leather suited body. It reformed back into the large, green and silver disc before starting to spin and shrink, then flew back into the smaller one like a spinning, disc of energy. Kuro sat there watching the whole event happened right in front of his eyes. Still stunned he watched the black body suit dissolve back into the black and silver, striped belt strap. From the look and feel of it, it was as if little nano-bots rapidly crawled over his body as the back edges of them glowed a light blue light. It even partially had a vague impression of a honey-comb pattern to some degree.

Once Kuro snapped back to reality, he frantically pulled the smaller disc out of the open belt. Looking at it for a second, he saw the green, circuitry-etched grasshopper on it, and stared at it for a moment. What the hell was this thing? Why was this happening to him? WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM? Questions upon questions filled his mind, swirling like a hazy tornado. Frustrated and panicking even more he threw the disc down the alley, then started to try and remove the belt. All of the sudden the buckled closed up with a thunk and click, followed by a glowing light as the strap unclicked on the right side. With a speedy, swishing hiss the belt retracted into the other side of the buckle before vanishing into a orb of silvery light that disappeared into his stomach. Breathing heavily, and shakily running his fingers though his hair, Kuro's eyes went wide with terror and disbelief. With his adrenaline and heat pumping a million miles a minute, he thought he was about to have a heart attack. Quickly he ran up the stairs to the middle apartment and slammed the door behind him.
~*~

After falling onto the double bed in his apartment bedroom, the adrenaline had finally worn off and when he dropped off to sleep. He hit it like a brick. Unconscious by the time his head touched down upon the pillow. Kuro felt himself fall into a kind of haze as everything swirled around, mixing and meshing into a non-coherent collage of images. Places, people, things all there, disappearing and reappearing in different locations.

Eventually the twenty-five year old delivery guy whose life had suddenly changed drastically, found himself, battling the Lizard once more. Sparks erupted gain his armored chest as the Beast slashed violently with its claws. Suddenly the metal tipped tail struck out and claimed another devastating strike cause even more sparks to erupt. Kuro then found himself on the ground, and through the two, red, compound eyes he saw the monster stand over him. It raised its tail, and pointed the razor sharp tip right at his head... then struck!

Kuro sat up in his bed with a start, eyes darting back and forth within the darkness of his small, cluttered bedroom. The only source of light came from his large, window up behind the bed. The binds were open enough to allow in the pale moonlight that washed over him and his generic, white sheets. He felt a damp wetness running down his face, and when he touched it, Kuro realized he had awoken in a cold sweat. Looking down he found his shirt drenched as well, being that exhausted the young man had fallen unconscious in his clothes.

Quickly shaking off the remaining haze, Kuro ran his fingers through his soaked, dark brown, now flattened hair, making it all messy again. He didn't care though, all he wanted to do now was to get out o these clothes, and prayed for no more night mares for the rest of the night. After getting undressed in the dark, relying on the moon to light his surroundings enough for him to make it back to the bed; he plopped back on the bed in his boxers. Grabbing the scrunched up, green comforter, pulling it over while rolling onto his side, Kuro hesitantly closed his eyes once again. Eventually drifting off to a sound slumber, with little to no trouble.
~*~
Shizuka returned to her own, cramped, yet cozy apartment which had little more then the essentials. From a small red, couch, to matching lazy boy, a dark oak, round coffee table, to small, matching end tables with black, metal lamps. Magazines cluttered the coffee table next to an open notebook laptop. The Musicular Organization add played upon her thirty-five inch television that rested upon a small, grey, two-level stand. On one level Shizuka had a PS3 and on the bottom her CD player and iPod doc, though the player was broken, she kept it out of nostalgia.

When she shuffled over to her couch, after tossing her jacket on the coat rack beside the door, she tossed her bag of goodies she bought earlier upon her table. Then flopped onto the comfy, red cushions and closed her eyes tightly. She could still feel her body shaking from earlier, but it wasn't as bad as it was back then. A few minutes later she tucked her legs up against her chest, wrapping her arms around her knees. There she stayed, resting her head against her jacketed forearms for most of the night. Eventually getting up to go to the bathroom, then she made herself a pot of coffee, where cup after cup she drank till it was down to the last few inches of liquid.

Sleep wasn't happening this evening, not for her at least when the events of the day before raced through her mind. Looking out the slightly opened, dark blue blinds of her window, she noticed it had become night and that made her check the clock. It was already after three in the morning from what she could tell. With a sigh she finished her last mug of coffee and got up to head for her bedroom, which was through the door on the far side of the couch, next to the kitchen. Indeed her place was cramped and small, but it was all she could afford, working at a coffee and book store.

As her head hit the pillow, Shizuka hoped that his nightmare would end, that life would returned back to normal... or as normal as it could get. Though throughout the rest of the early morning hours, thoughts of Kuro interrupted her slumber on and off. Even with what happened scaring the hell out of her, there was some small, bit that actually worried about the guy. But either way there was no clear, defining decision of whether or not she'd track him down to make sure. To be honest, she stayed on the fence about it for a long time that night.
~*~

Once the first rays of sunlight struck across Kuro's drooling, zombified face, mushed against his pillow, his eyes slowly blinked open a little. Gently lifting his head a bit to look over at the alarm clock, and it's glowing, red numbers upon the dark, rectangular screen.... he sat up with another start. It read “12:48pm”. Hair dishevelled to one side and lines from his scrunched up pillow case indented the side of his cheek, Kuro raced around his messy room getting ready. It was late—he was late, for work and he still had to get his bike fixed. Then he stopped in the middle of the room, realizing that explaining it all was going to completely different altogether.

Or impossible for that matter, how does one explain about fighting a Melody Beast and living to tell the tale? After thinking about it for a good thirty seconds, he decided on his story and quickly finished putting on his shirt, shoes and jacket. Grabbing the keys and helmet... he forgot his helmet. Now Kuro would have to buy another one! Quickly reaching into his jeans pocket, the twenty-five year old pulled out a few yen bills. Barely enough to get him a helmet... and maybe a rice ball.

Staring at the folded bills within the palm of his hand, he sighed, “Man...” Then with that he stuffed it back into his pocket and darted on out of his place. On the way outside he nearly tripped over his own two feet, but managed to regain his balance and make it down the steel staircase. After picking up the bike and rolling it to the alleyway, he saw the dumpster had been moved back. Kuro felt reluctant to check to see if the side still had the dent of his fist in it... Suddenly he could feel a buzzing coming form his back pocket and took out his phone. Looking down at the screen he could make out the name of who was calling him...

“Igawa-san...” Kuro uttered under his breath. His boss.

Very hesitantly he pressed the call button and placed the phone up to his ear. “Helllo?”

“BAKAAAAA....!!!” shouted the voice of a disgruntled, forty-something year old man from the top speaker, forcing Kuro to pull it away. “Baka! Baka! Baka! Baka! Where the hell are you, Tsurugi?! You're late! Do you know you're late? Do you even know how late?! Heck you didn't even call to tell me you took the rest of the day off! Think I'm running a military kitchen—where you can go AWOL whenever the mood strikes you!? HUH??”

“Uhhh... I don't think they can do that...?” Kuro gently corrected, hoping not to piss him off anymore.

“YOU'RE RIGHT!” so much for later..., Kuro listened in as Igawa's voice quieted down a bit. “Now, Tsurugi-kun... What's this I hear about you getting in with the cops?”

“EHHHH???” Kuro questioned aloud, raising an eyebrow before furrowing both as he hated the accusing tone from his employer. “What are you talking about? I'm not in with the cops!”

“Some big shot detective was in here asking about ya!” Igawa complained back. “Well just get your butt over here, you're late, I got pizzas in need of delivering! And you're wasting my minutes! I'm hanging up!”

“Alright... I'll be there, I just need to get another helmet. I lost the other one... some stole it,” he lied, then continued, “Just calm down, Igawa-san,” Kuro tried to candidly calm his boss. When he heard the click of the other phone being hung up, he turned off and put away his cell. Holding onto the handle bars, he sighed begrudgingly and then guided the bike down the alleyway.
~*~

Desmond sat in his car, a dark green, twenty-thirteen Honda Crossroad, parked across and down the street a ways from the Dance Dance Pizzeria. Thumbing through his little, black notebook he skimmed over the notes he had taken from that girl, Shizuka and this Kuro guy's boss. Sadly what he had gotten out of them was very little and not all that helpful. Desmond partly assumed that kid was still shaken up and perhaps this Mister Igawa wasn't going to rat out his employee in fear of getting a bad business reputation. From his position it was understandable from a business point of view, but personally the twenty-six year old, Detective disapproved of Igawa's choice not to help in finding the kid. Though he did figure that the kid was probably still in shock over what happened, but that was irrelevant—he needed to find him and gather more information, now rather than later.

Taking out his phone, he typed in a number and hovered his thumb over the send button for quite some time. Pondering whether or not he should send for nearly a minute, Desmond finally pushed the button. He stared at the display screen for the first two rings and watched as the signal continued to send, then finally pressed it to his ear. Once the forth ring stopped there was a pause of silence and finally came a lovely, cheerful, young woman's voice. “Hi...! This is Yuuki, you've reached my phone, but I can't get to it right now. Please leave your message and I'll get back to you when I can. Bye!”

Taking the phone away from his ear, Desmond hit the end button and stared down at the end screen, emotionless. Yet deep inside he fought back a twisting, agonizing pain that swelled within his chest. Quickly putting his hand holding the phone down upon the seat, he turned and stared out his driver side window, while resting his chin and lower lip against his slightly closed hand.
~*~

Tendou Ranru stood in her bare, opaque room next to her red, cushioned chair, holding a cup and saucer. Every so often she'd raise the teacup to her lips and take a sip. Today she wore a dark, rose colored business jacket and matching knee-length skirt, and a white blouse; she even had her dark, brown hair tied up in the back, all businesslike. Again, Ranru kept an eye upon the clock and smirked to herself.

“Tendou-sama,” came the familiar voice of Ichijou-san, the elderly, thin-haired butler as he entered the room through the dark, double doors, at the back of the room.

“Yes, Ichijou-san?” she asked while continue to look straight out her window towards a digital, holographic screen in the sky as B-Girl talked and showed images of the battle that occurred yesterday, between the Grasshopper techno-ninja and Lizard Melody Beast.

“Have you considered stepping in this time, or have you decided to continue watching from a far again?”

“From a far,” she replied casually as she took her seat after placing her cup and saucer upon her side table. “It's not like I need the practice, and besides... I'm done seeing where the pieces have fallen yet.”

“Well at least the president will be approving of your continued hesitation, Tendou-sama,” stated Ichijou filling up the tea cup once more. “I'm sorry, I should of said your choice to wait.”

Ranru glanced slightly to her butler and then looked back out towards the sky monitor, “Maybe it is hesitation. Or maybe it's wisdom... wouldn't you consider it wise for one to gather most of the information before making their first move?”

Ichijou thought about it for a minute and without question he would agree, but honestly her response was quite true and quite logical in his mind. Putting down the teapot he nodded and then took a few steps back. “I would have to agree, Tendou-sama.”

A smirk formed upon Ranru's face as she sat with her legs crossed and picked up her cup yet again to sip the hot tea. There was no need to worry about Ichijou's loyalty, at least not yet anyways and even if things changed... she knew how to take care of herself. Old or not, she underestimated no one and made sure she knew enough to not overestimate them either. “Guess we will see what today's concert will bring.”

“I believe a something special is going to occur, Tendou-sama.”

“Oh...?” she said, forming a knowing smirk upon her lips.
~*~

Parking the white and green enduro, delivery bike on the curb just outside the small, Dance-Dance Pizzeria building, Kuro Took off his helmet and dismounted then quickly went up to the door where he hesitated to enter the rest of the way. He was later then usual and felt his pulse quicken as anxiety took hold. Taking a deep breath the young man slowly gripped the door handle, pulled it open and heard the jingling of the door chimes that would alert his boss that another customer would be coming in. As he swallowed hard, Kuro stepped entered the pizzeria.

Over in the dark green Honda Crossroad, Desmond watched in silence, unsure if whether or not it was Kuro or some other delivery boy. If the kid didn't show up it could of been someone else, but the best course of action would of been to check. He thought it over and then clicked the buckle of his seat belt and opened the door to get out.
~*~

After coming through the metal framed, glass door to the pizzeria, Kuro briskly made it into the small, green waiting room. Yellow and Orange cushioned booths lined along the walls, that went well with the yellow-orange painted walls. From what he could see there was a single customer sitting in one of the booths further down with her back to him. At least Kuro assumed it was a woman from the long, auburn hair... Then he realized or at least wondered if it was in fact, Shizuka, and just as he was about to call out to her.

“Eh-Emm...,” came the sound of someone clearing their throat.

Kuro turned to his right and saw who it was, standing behind the orange and white-grid lined, counter-top. “Igawa-san...,” he uttered under his breath.

There stood a five-foot-four, stocky, older gentleman with sixties styled black hair, in a white t-shirt with a blue and white apron wrapped around his wait and white towel, laying over his shoulder. There was even a pencil resting between his ear. “You're late,”

“Yeah...,” muttered Kuro walking up to the counter, “I can explain.”

“I know, I was just told you survived and left the scene of a Melody Beast attack,” interjected Igawa, “And you told me you were heading right here after a helmet. So what happened? You run into another one again?”

“My bike quit,” Kuro told him right out flat, “Had to take it in to get it fixed... and get a.... helmet...”

Igawa just nodded gingerly, then dabbed at his sweaty forehead with his towel while taking a few steps forward, until he stood within a few inches from Kuro. Looking down for a moment he quickly raised his head back up, nearly clipping Kuro in the process, and looked him right in the eyes. “Tsurugi-kun...”

“Igawa-san...” Kuro said, leaning closer with his left ear as Igawa gestured him to.

“Next time...,” Igawa added, grabbing the towel from his shoulder, whipping it against Kuro's backside, with every word after that, “CALL! ME! FIRST!”

The young delivery guy shielded himself as best he could from the whipping towel, and once Igawa finally stopped, he threw the towel around the back of his neck, with both hands holding onto each end. “You need to let me know what's up, so I can get someone else to cover for you! Huh?!”

“Yeah...,” muttered the twenty-five year old, scolded delivery guy, “Sorry, Igawa-san. I'll try to do better next time. At least I'll remember to tell you. But I wasn't counting on the bike conking out today...” Truthfully it didn't surprise him, it was old, second hand and it hitting the ground so hard probably didn't help. At least what happened afterwards was a dream, it had to be. The experience was so bad that he just blocked out what really happened.

“But, I was lucky to get my nephew to take your job for today, he needs the money.”

“Oh,” answered Kuro, “So...?”

“So, Tsurugi-kun, you're off for the rest of the day. But I won't do this all the time. So don't let it become a habit! Besides...,” stated Igawa and then he gestured to the customer sitting in the booth towards the back, “you got a guest. Seems cute too, so good luck.” With a somewhat hearty chuckle, Igawa disappeared into the kitchen, leaving Kuro there alone with the customer.

Taking a deep breath he walked over towards the auburn haired girl as he felt his palms begin to sweat. Quickly he wiped them along the sides of his jeans and checked his breath. It seemed fine from what he could tell, though he did forget to brush this morning... and then a slight panic attack settled in, but Kuro swiftly calmed himself. Whoever it was, clearly knew him and he must... not be able to remember her. This wasn't going to be good, he thought as he finally reached the booth, standing off a bit behind it and cleared his throat. “Eh-em, Hello.”

“Hey,” said the auburn haired customer as she looked back at him

“YOU!” Kuro exclaimed, jumping back a bit and pointing a finger at her in surprise. “What you are doing here?! Why?! And you... still owe me for that pizza....”

“Wait just a minute, you were late!” Shizuka snapped back at him, then standing up she poked him in the chest. “He said if you were late, I didn't have to pay for full price.”

“Really...?” he questioned, unbelievably, “Then you won't mind me bringing my boss out here to... “confirm” that, would you?”

“Go right ahead!” she scoffed back, gesturing with her arms.

“I will!” Kuro mocked right back at her and sauntered up to the counter. Leaning over he whispered loudly enough for his employer to hear. “Igawa-san!”

Igawa shuffled out of the kitchen, holding that same towel around his neck and shoulders and looking down upon his employee with nearly closed eyes. “Yes, Tsurugi-kun?”

Half-covering his mouth, Kuro stretched over the counter a bit more and still barely raised his voice, “Did you tell her she didn't have to pay full price cause I was two minutes late?”

“Yup,” stated Igawa, his expression unchanged, “I said she didn't have to pay cause you were two minutes late. You're point?”

“What...?!” Kuro gasped, shocked and annoyed all at once, “What the hell? Why??”

“Told you...,” Shizuka whispered into his ear in a sultry voice, smirking devilishly as she did so.

Kuro snapped out of his disbelief and jumped back in surprise yet again, realizing how close she was. In fact he nearly tripped over his own feet as he took a few steps backwards and caught himself against the booth behind him. “I dunno if this is just some dream... or a nightmare anymore...?”

“I wish part of it was a dream... but it's more like a nightmare...,” said Shizuka under her breath while she looked down and away. The world they lived in was something no one should have to live in, but this was life and only thing you could do is make the best of it. Sometimes... there was something to make it seem less dark and maybe just a bit more brighter though...

“What?” asked Kuro, cocking an eyebrow.

“This...,” Shizuka began, “This is all a bloody nightmare, one that's impossible to wake up from....”

They both looked down at their feet and pondered upon she had just said. There was some truth to it actually, a world of monsters and mayhem that could pop out of nowhere, to take you into an darkness forever. Since the attacks began there had been fewer and fewer ordinary deaths that didn't occur as a result of Melody Beast. Even those who supposedly have been to the other side and back back as they claimed have ceased popping up in news. To them it felt as if... when death came for you, that was it. There was no ever after, only an end. Beyond that was now unknown and forgotten to the sands of time and memorial itself. Others believed there was just a void of darkness that those who were taken from this earth went and now resided within. Purgatory was another name for it among some others in the world populace.

Shizuka then remember the last thing Kuro mentioned, then furrowed her brow she snapped at him, “And if you want that money for that pizza so bad, why don't you go ask that slut of yours!”

“Huh—What?”

“B-Girl,” continued an angry Shizuka, arms folded, “That holographic bimbo that's on the Sky-Monitors! You two were pretty damn cozy yesterday!”

Hiding under the counter, Igawa could only face-palm himself again, shake his head while pinching the bridge of his nose, with both eyes shut. He couldn't believe what he was hearing, and felt a little ashamed for Kuro. Taking a peek he could still see them there arguing, and he figured it was a good sign, cause she didn't storm off yet, so his young employee still had a chance. Inside he cheer for him to realize the truth here and to make amends with this girl. But what was happening... made him realize how fast the young guy was drowning.

“What??” Kuro asked, “That really happened?”

“Yeah!”

“Huh...,” said Kuro nostalgically, “I thought that was actually a dream....” He then shook off the memory and refocused on a even more crossed Shizuka, who stared him down with furious, almost squinting eyes. For a second or tow he thought they were on fire actually. “Hey, I was in danger and all she did was help out!”

“She had her hands all over,” she retorted.

“Nuh-uh,” corrected Kuro remembering her hands, caressing him over his suit and armor, “She had her hands on the belt-er, buckle... or whatever she called it....” Then with a chuckle Kuro added, “And my stomach..., heh...”

Shizuka took a couple steps towards him, causing Kuro to back up a bit into the counter, shaking it as he bumped into the edge. Another bump followed by an “Ow”; which caused Kuro to turn and raise an eyebrow for a moment until Shizkua grabbed his attention, and slammed a hand upon the counter top. Standing there, they both looked back and forth into the others eyes where they could see each others' emotions thinly hidden under the surface. Kuro saw the pain and fear being held back behind her eyes and she noticed the confusion , fear and innocence emanating from his. Just as Kuro started to raise a gentle hand to her face, they heard a voice from the front of the store...

“Excuse me, are you Kuro Tsurugi?”

As they looked up to see a shaggy, dark haired man in a red, leather jacket holding up a badge, he added, “I need to ask you some questions.” He wasn't going to apologize for interrupting either. There was no need to, at least that was his prerogative on the matter. It was his mission to find out everything and anything about the Melody Beasts, from those who survived the encounters, to family's of those who did not. Even the deceased had their story's to tell, clues left behind for him to find. All Desmond needed to do was look in the right place and hoped he get lucky.

“Yeah..., I'm him.”

Suddenly a yell came from within the kitchen along with clanging and banging, as Igawa came flying over top of the counter. He didn't stop there, no, the pizzeria owner kept on going—crawling in fact to a near by booth to get away. At the same time, Kuro, Shizuka and Desmond all moved to the back of the store quickly. The detective though, unholstered his piece and held out his arm to keep the them back as he moved up ahead to check what was causing the racket.

“What is it, sir?” Desmond asked, not looking at the cowering and shaking Igawa.

“M-m-melody beast!” the owner stammered and held up his towel in front of him like a sling-shot.

“-What...?” gasped Desmond, pausing for a second then quickly replaced the clip with another clip, filled with several blue tipped bullets. Cocking the slide he replaced the already chambered round with one of the new ones and quickly reaffirmed his focus on the kitchen. “Anyone here the melody actually play...?”

“Y-you don't hear it!?” exclaimed Igawa, slapping his hands over his ears, “It's getting louder...!”

“Did you here it...?” Kuro asked Shizuka under his breath, turning his head in her direction slightly, but keeping his eyes on the kitchen. She shook her head and then slowly the tune began to play in her ears as well, but Kuro could barely hear it now. “It's there... but faint...,” he added quietly, “Like last time when...”

The side wall farther down the room exploded, sending concrete, dust, smoke and debris everywhere on the other side of the room. Soon after a large, dark grey Man-Wolf hopped out of the huge hole. It sniffed the air above it for a moment then as it noticed the four of them at the front from the corner of its pale, yellow moonlight colored eyes, the Wolf Melody Beast growled. Glaring directly at Kuro it then showed its razor sharp teeth and the drool dripping down over its lower jaw. Shortly after turning it's hole body towards them the Wolf began to furry step forward with a clawed foot, followed by the other and another. As it came closer the metallic claws sprouting from the long, dangling, gangly finger tips, extended an inch further, all the while making a low, grumbling chuckle.

Desmond only froze for a bit as the creature sauntered on in their direction. Then quickly he squeezed the trigger of his glock nine millimetre—a loud, near ear splitting bang echoed throughout the pizzeria. From the flash of the muzzle whizzed a bullet that exploded on impact with the Wolf's chest. A mini-explosion cause it to tumble back a bit. They were in fact explosive rounds, low grade and apparently effective... though not as effective as Desmond would have liked. He fired again, ringing out the sweet, soothing, yet creepy melody that played faintly in his ear. Another explosion, then another, every time he pulled the rigger sent the Beast backwards, and finally into the exit door at the back.

As it shook up against the door from the final four explosions from the last remaining rounds, Desmond watched as the Melody Beast casually wiped down its chest, then snarled right at him. “Dammit...,” cursed the Japanese-American detective as he began to back up and quickly reloaded with another clip. “Get back!” he shouted to his witnesses and then continued to fire more explosive bullets at the Man-Wolf, knocking it back into the door again. Ferociously the Wolf roared and swung both its arms around, trying to swipe at the incoming rounds. Eventually the Beast just charged towards Desmond and co, growling like a wild animal.

Quickly Kuro shielded Shizuka while Desmond continued to futilely empty the magazine of his pistol into the monster. Just as the creature reached them, it leaped up into the air and brought both arms up for a final blow, mouth open wide and brandishing its razor-sharp fangs. Then all of the sudden there as a sound of glass breaking and crashing. Kuro was first to look, followed by Shizuka and then Desmond whole nearly got clipped in the face by a flying blue and silver, flying stag beetle. Impacting the Wolf right in the kisser, it sent the thing rolling backwards onto its hind legs, till it stood on all fours and growled again. Out of the blue the Wolf was hit in the face by another mechanical insect, the green and silver grasshopper from before. On the side of it had the green disc, spinning fast, while the Stag Beetle had a blue one in the top, held down by a triangular clip with a gold round knob.

They attacked the monster rapidly and repeatedly until it was forced out the back door. The mechanical insects chased shortly afterwards down the alleyway. Desmond followed soon after them, loading his final clip into the glock. Just outside, he quickly took aim and then noticed the creature getting onto Kuro's delivery bike, as Kuro himself made it outside too, Desmond held him back just in time.

“Hold it! Get back!” the detective ordered, pushing against Kuro's chest.

“But that things taking my bike!” he shouted back, then paused for a moment as he thought about what he just said, “It's stealing my bike...? How can it ride...? Why??”

With great haste the creature zoomed off into the street, causing a traffic accident as two taxi's collided with one another and several pedestrians were nearly knocked on their backsides. Desmond turned back to Kuro and Shizuka who had recently joined them outside, “You two stay here!” The twenty-six year old, Japanese-American detective took off running down the alleyway and made it to his car across the street. Once in he started the engine, shifted into drive and went after the now motorcycle driving wolf. If this was any other situation it'd of been funny and he would of actually gotten a laugh, but this was the closest he'd ever gotten to capturing a Melody Beast. Well if he could, but if he was honest with himself he'd rather destroy the monstrosity.
~*~

Grabbing at his hair with both hands, Kuro kicked a rock on the ground, cursing himself for leaving the keys in the bike like that. Then reaching into his pocket he found out that he didn't and realized that the creature hot-wired his bike. “Agh!” he shouted throwing the keys against the stone wall of the adjacent building.

“Calm down,” Shizuka told him, “Don't you have that... thing you got yesterday?”

“No!” Kuro shouted back at her, throwing down his arms. “I took off and threw it away and I was hoping that it was a dream! But it's not!” He then calmed himself down as he turned away from Shizuka, “I can't believe this...”

“Hiii...!” came the familiar cutesy voice, causing both of them to turn towards the other end of the alleyway, and walking up to them was in fact...

“B-Girl...,” uttered Kuro.

Shizuka crossed her arms and glared at the approaching, white latex mini-dress wearing, spokeswoman of the Musicular Organization.. “Here comes your girlfriend....,” she muttered in an aggravated tone while glancing into Kuro's eyes.

“She's not my girlfriend,” he muttered back, and he could see the annoyance ever evident in them as she walked on passed him. Part of him wanted to go after her. Kuro even reached out for her wrist, only to be pulled back to look B-Girl right in her smiling, sparkling eyes. “What?” he asked, furrowing his brow.

“I'm here to help, Kuro-kuuuun,” she told him, still smiling from ear-to-ear and giving a cute wink while leisurely resting her wrists and arms upon his shoulders, and around the back of his neck.

“How do you know my name...?” he questioned, curiously about how and even why she was willing to help him out.

“Oh I know things...,” she said, looking up to the right as if thinking, then smiled back into the young man's eyes. B-Girl gently leaned in close to his ear and and whispered, “Trust me. I am here to help you...”

“How....?”

“Your Rider disc, you threw it away but...,” she glanced away again and then smiled even wider, “It's here with us.”

“Rider... disc...?” repeated Kuro, curious as to why it was called that.

“Yes,” said B-Girl jumping back from his ear, but keeping her arms around his shoulders still. “The Rider Disc, the disc that gives you the armor and powers to fight against the Melody Beast. You were chosen. Don't you remember?”

Kuro looked away for a moment as he recalled the memories from the other day, before looking her back in her eyes angrily, and answered, “I remember...”

“Here,” she said, holding up a hand, palm flat as the robotic, metal, green and silver grasshopper jumped and landing gently upon her hand. The holder slid up on its back and revealed the green, techno-grasshopper etched disc Kuro believed he had throw away. Taking it out with her other hand, B-Girl placed it into the palm of her interest's and gently closed his fingers over it. “Hen...shin... yo.”

Then all of the sudden, in a streaming, ball of silver-white light the Disc Driver formed in front of his waist. From the left side shot out the black and silver trimmed belt, then with a hiss and click it connected with right side. B-Girl seductively moved her hands down his chest, to his stomach, until finally reaching the large, chrome-silver, speaker-looking buckle with the clear, LED circle in the center. Giving him a quick wink and a wide smile, and Kuro giving her a questionable look, she pulled the buckle apart and the belt spoke: “Driver Open!”

She then nodded to Kuro and took a few steps back.

He just stared down at the disc within the palm of his hand for a long time, then locked it into the open section of his buckle and closed it. As the green laser bar scanned the disc the belt replied: “Hopper!” Kuro then looked up into B-Girls eyes, determination evidently emanating from his gaze.

“Henshin...!” he exclaimed quietly, slamming his right palm onto the top button, causing the disc to spin, shoot light out, followed by the larger disc. A green laser light cut the right armor designs, and as it flew back towards him, each one opened on a hinge. Once the light-blue, honeycomb pattern, nanobots formed the black, leather suit over his body, the green-silver, techno-ninja armor that also doubled to make him appear as a grasshopper—attached to his body. “Now... how do I go after that thing? Jump?”

B-Girl simply shook her head, but the smile didn't fade. Instead she threw the small, robotic grasshopper into the air. It grew into a larger one and transformed and contorted different pieces to become a enduro, grasshopper-motorcycle. “I think this will come in handy... Wouldn't you agree...?”

The now, transformed Kuro stood there, staring upon his knew ride with awe, though hidden by the red, metallic, compound eyes.

Down around the corner, Shizuka secretly watched and even she was in a awe of not just the bike, but Kuro's second time transforming in front of her. Even to the point of making her forget about B-Girl who sauntered over to the bike, seductively and sleazily throwing half, bare leg over it while gripping the handle bars. Seeing her do that made her believe even more so now that she was in fact a slut and so Shizuka returned to glaring at her with her arms crossed.
~*~

Up above them, peering down into the alley stood the shadowed figure with the spear beside it. Spinning the weapon around the figure held it diagonally behind its back before turning and walking away from the edge. Soon came a icky and yet mechanical noise shortly afterwards but not loud enough for them below to here.

“Come...,” said the figure to something, and then followed a slur of noises in response before they finally disappeared.
~*~

After getting on the bike himself once B-Girl hopped off, Kuro, now armored revved up the engine a few times, then looked up at the cute, young, spokeswoman. “Why are you doing this...?”

“Cause...,” she simply stated, “Now go get that Pooch and show it who's boss, Kenkage-kun.”

“Kenkage...?” Kuro questioned, raising an eyebrow from under his insect-ninja-like helmet, “Huh?”

“Just something I came up with,” she replied, looking all coy and cute, “You inspired me, let's say....”

“Oh... okay.” With that Kenkage revved up the grasshopper motorcycle yet again, then dashed on out after the Wolf Melody Beast. Determination and adrenaline intertwined within his veins, surging throughout his entire body. Though when he cornered that thing, he did wonder how he'd fair this time? Though unbeknownst to him, Shizuka quietly prayed for him to be safe as she watched him ride off...

To Be Continued...

Ending:
"4U" -camino
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VMuNcI9ux4"]4U / camino - YouTube[/ame][/center]

Last edited:
S

scikaiju

A pretty good episode, kept the story moving after the first episode. Desmond seems like the type of guy who has a hidden cork board in his apartment with all the beast sighting on it. Although I am liking the bit of the odd triangle you got with Kuro, Shizuka and B-Girl. Over all a good episode.

Professionally Insane
Editied through ep 1 and 2 and re-posted/ pasted them. Think i got most of the spelling errors I could find... maybe not all but I tried. :p When episode 3 is posted up it'll be the un-edited version first then I'll back through later and edit that one.

And it's title is...
Episode 03: "Friend or Foe?"

Professionally Insane
Episode 03: "Friend or Foe?"

“Henshin...!” he exclaimed quietly, slamming his right palm onto the top button, causing the disc to spin, shoot light out, followed by the larger disc. A green laser light cut the right armor designs, and as it flew back towards him, each one opened on a hinge. Once the lightblue, honeycomb pattern, nanbots formed the black, leather suit over his body, the green-silver, techno-ninja armor that also doubled to make him appear as a grasshopper—attached to his body as the driver said in sing-song: “Edge of the Ninja...!”

After the whole event subsided, Kuro then looked to B-Girl and said,“Now... how do I go after that thing? Jump?”

B-Girl simply shook her head, but the smile didn't fade. Instead she threw the small, robotic grasshopper into the air. It grew into a larger one and transformed and contorted different pieces to become a enduro, grasshopper-motorcycle. “I think this will come in handy... Wouldn't you agree...?”

The now, transformed Kuro stood there, staring upon his knew ride with awe, though hidden by the red, metallic, compound eyes.

Down around the corner, Shizuka secretly watched and even she was in a awe of not just the bike, but Kuro's second time transforming in front of her. Even to the point of making her forget about B-Girl who sauntered over to the bike, seductively and sleazily throwing half, bare leg over it while gripping hte handle bars. Seeing her do that made her believe even more so now that she was in fact a slut and so Shizuka returned to glaring at her with her arms crossed.
~*~

Up above them, peering down into the alley stood the shadowed figure with the spear beside it. Spinning the weapon around the figure held it diagonally behind its back before turning and walking away from the edge. Soon came a icky and yet mechanical noise shortly afterwards but not loud enough for them below to here.

“Come...,” said the figure to something, and then followed a slur of noises in response before they finally disappeared.
~*~

After getting on the bike himself once B-Girl hopped off, Kuro, now armored revved up the engine a few times, then looked up at the cute, young, spokeswoman. “Why are you doing this...?”

“Cause...,” she simply stated, “Now go get that Pooch and show it who's boss, Kenkage-kun.”

“Kenkage...?” Kuro questioned, raising an eyebrow from under his insectoid-ninja-like helmet, “Huh?”

“Just something I came up with,” she replied, looking all coy and cute, “You inspired me, let's say....”

“Oh... okay.” With that Kenkage revved up the grasshopper motorcycle yet again, then dashed on out after the Wolf Melody Beast. Determination and adrenaline intertwined within his veins, surging throughout his entire body. Though when he cornered that thing, he did wonder how he'd fair this time? Though unbeknownst to him, Shizuka quietly prayed for him to be safe as she watched him ride off...
~*~

Desmond was hot on the tail of bike stealing Man-Wolf as it wildly rode through traffic, slashing up vehicles as it went along, causing them to spin out of control. The twenty-seven year old detective did his best to avoid the collisions. Though smoke, flames and sparks scattered all around him as well, Desmond quickly and expertly navigated his way into the clear. This was getting ridiculous he thought to himself and put pedal to the metal, gunning his Honda Crossroad even faster towards the flying Melody Beast.

He followed the creature through the nearly crammed city streets until it finally started to reach the freeway overpass. Quickly cutting the wheel, the Japanese-American detective struggled for control, but swiftly manipulated the vehicle upwards the ramp--wheels burning and squealing the entire time. Suddenly he was cut off and swerved into the curb of the freeway, crashing the front end that shook him the hell up. He cracked his forehead against the wheel before jolting back into his seat. Putting a hand against the spot he hit, Desmond leaned back, grimacing and grumbling the entire time as he tried to shake off the dizziness. Though a splitting headache soon replaced that and then he felt a trickling of stream of liquid running down his forehead. Taking his hand away he saw it was red and then watched as a drop fell in front of his eye, dripping onto his cheek.

Frustrated and angry, he slammed his hands against the wheel and then put the car into reverse. Backing up fast, screeching the tires, he then shifted into drive again and drove like a bat-out-of-hell after the Wolf once more. Now the pain fuelled him along with the burst of adrenaline... Then, all of the sudden as he looked into his rear-view mirror, he saw something green, black and silver racing fast, weaving through traffic at break-neck speed.

Whoever or whatever this was, he was certain is wasn't human... even though it rode a motorcycle the resembled itself—a Grasshopper. Desmond then focused upon the metallic red, compound eyes as he muttered, “Another Melody Beast...?”

Kuro, now in the techno-ninja, grasshopper suit, revved the motorcycle throttle and caused the engine to roar and then pulled a wheelie as he charged forward!
~*~

Written by:
Robert J. Wong

Opening:
"JUST ONE LIFE"-Spyair
~*~

Episode 03: “Friend or Foe?”

As Kuro zoomed up to the rear of Desmond's car he attempted to pass him, only to have the bleeding, agitated detective try to run him off the road. Startled, the transformed Kuro swerved out of the way but nearly steered into the back of another car, forcing them to drift into the railing with a loud CRUNCH! “Whao!” Kuro exclaimed with a double take. “Sorry!” he then shouted to the driver of the wrecked car, then once he returned to looking ahead Kuro sped up the motorcycle again, “What the hell was that for?”

Gunning dead ahead Kenkage tried to pass the speeding cop again, only to nearly be rode off the street from the other side. Just that this time he was ready for it and quickly hit the breaks popping another wheelie int he process, allowing him to avoid the corner of the rear bumper. Landing with a bit of a bump on the opposite side, Kuro in the Kenkage armor then manoeuvred around the other side and as he reached halfway, the Honda Crossroad slid closer in an attempt to smash him into another incoming car. Wide-eyed on the bike, the Grasshopper techno-ninja newbie froze on the spot as everything around him happened so fast that it turned slow motion. Then suddenly the green, silver and black insectoid motorcycle's similar compound eyes lit up, while in the back—two rockets ignited and then the bike suddenly jettisoned into the air! Kenkage on the grasshopper motorcycle launched through the air, barely clearing over top of the incoming vehicle. Safely he thundered down upon the pavement and kept on going without stopping or slowing down.

“Whoa!” gasped Kenkage, double-taking what just happened and still not fully believing it. “No way! WOOO! YEAH!”

In his Honda Crossroad Desmond was watching what had just occurred in his rear-view mirror, honestly it didn't surprise him, rather it pissed him off even more. Though part of it was due to throbbing headache that wouldn't let up. Wiping away the trickling stream of blood out of the way of his left eye's vision, he then grabbed for his gun and checked the chamber for a round. Luckily for him there was one loaded, so Desmond waited for this riding bug to pull up closer again. Casually he pressed the window control button to lower his driver side window, hoping the motorcycle-riding Grasshopper wouldn't notice.

Kenkage on the other hand kept his attention on the Wolf Melody Beast who continued to gain more ground, and escaping down a ramp. Travelling through the traffic heading down that way with it, Kuro witnessed another pileup happening. Hacking and slashing went the Wolf as it weaved along through the cars. Thankfully it was only one way and Kuro figured he could jump over the crashed cars and trucks no problem. Only if he could figure out how he did it in the first place....

Riding up along side of the dark green Honda Crossroad while keeping an eye peeled, just in case the cop tried to hit him again. So far so good he thought, but luck would change as he caught the glimpse of the officer peeking out his window. His shaggy, dark hair kept blowing in the wind which gave away the fact the window was rolled down, which made him a little curious but also gave him a weird feeling in his gut. Something was off, so he eased his hand on the break, slowing down enough so he'd come up right behind the car again. Then suddenly Kuro revved the motorcycle to pick up speed once more.

Desmond could see him getting closer, as though he was going to ram the rear of the car! Swiftly hitting the breaks forced the tires to lock up, screech and shoot trails of smoke as the rubber burned against the pavement! Suddenly Kenkage popped a wheelie once again and the rockets fired shooting him and the motorbike over Desmond's vehicle. All the disgruntled detective could do was stare in disbelief. “Son of a *****...!” Desmond accursed to himself.

Just then Desmond hit the gas but then suddenly stopped with a loud crunch as the front end of his car crashed into the side of another car! All he remembered was his already aching head, hitting the steering wheel then nothing. When he drowsily came to, he found his face covered in a white, not so fluffy airbag. Hitting it with frustration the twenty-seven year old, injured detective deflated the thing and shoved it back into the wheel. Then looking through the cracked windshield he saw the other car that had bid caved in, it's driver moaning, covered in shattered glass and bleeding from several lacerations. Beside the driver sat a woman, who seemed to be unconscious from what Desmond could see, though the cut on her forehead looked pretty deep. Then he looked over at the ramp leading down to the street level, the Grasshopper Rider was already hopping over cars after the Melody Beast. Quickly grabbing the shifter he stopped, hesitating once the cries of a child rung out of the crunched up back seat of the vehicle he just hit.

With a deep breath he was able to relax but only briefly, while digging out his cellphone and punched in the emergency number. “This is Detective Desmond Yamato,” he began all the while keeping an eye on the escaping two on bikes. “I have witnessed a car accident on the Yamaguchi overpass. Send a ambulance immediately—I am in pursuit of suspects. I'll leave my phone there so you can track it to the scene.”

“What just a second Detective you can't--” with that Desmond dropped the phone outside his window and then put the car into reverse. Screeching all tires he speedily backed up a couple feet then charged off around the crunched car and continued on after his targets. Though down that ramp wasn't the way to go, so he turned off towards another exit, hoping that there would be another way to get back on their tails. Even if it was going to take him a little bit longer.
~*~

Back in the back alley of the Dance-Dance Pizzeria, still hidden and peeking around the corner of the buidling at B-Girl, was Shizuka. She watched the spokeswoman in white the latex mini-dress spin round and round giggling and glowing as she smiled from ear-to-ear; swinging and clapping her hands as she swayed her hips along down the alleyway. Shizuka rolled her eyes, believing she was a slut now more then ever. Once the coast was clear, Shizuka came out of hiding and made her way down the alleyway after the slutty spokeswoman. She followed her all the way until the end of the alley, for after turning to see where she would be going next, B-Girl was nowhere to be found.

Checking in every possible direction Shizuka could not find her anywhere. Slapping a hand against her forehead she then ran her fingers through her, thick, long, auburn hair. Where the heck did she disappear to she wondered, and looked up and down the adjacent alley to see if there was any sign or a the least, a clue to the Spokeswoman's whereabouts. Alas there was nothing of the sort, and then an utter sense of uncertainty fell over her. She didn't know what else to do, or even where else to search next, and there was no way barging into the Musicular Organization's building. They'd have security “escort her out... and more then likely, not so nicely either.

Cursing herself she trotted back towards the open back doorway of the Pizzeria, returning inside to see how Igawa was doing.

Meanwhile up above on the roof top of the adjacent building across from the pizzeria and the building next to it, stood B-Girl. She watched with a hand on her hip and grin upon her face, while Shizuka gave up the search and went back into the building. Once the young, auburn haired lass disappeared, B-Girl then thought it would be a good time to check in on Kenkage's action again. Though possibly getting back to this situation would be in order as well. As she turned and left the scene, the white, mini-dress wearing spokeswoman decided to leave it up to her mood. But for now... her interest was indeed peaked.
~*~

As Shizuka looked around out front of the pizzeria, Igawa was nowhere to be found. It was only when entering through the kitchen that she found the stocky, middle aged chef alone on a stool. He was wiping away the cold sweat from his brow when she slowly walked up towards him, gingerly placing a hand sincerely upon his shoulder.

Igawa then looked up at her, “Oh you're still here.”

“You going to be okay?” she asked genuinely worried. From her past experience she learned all to well what it was like to be attacked by one of those things. How shaken it could make one who wasn't used to it on a daily basis. At least that's what she figured from the middle aged chef's reaction.

“Yeah, I will,” he replied, then feigning smile, “Just need to catch my breath. It's not everyday I have something like that happen to me.” Igawa then turned away as he adjusted himself on the stool. Looking out the broken front window he continued, “Even though it happens quite a lot out there. I figured this was a safe zone... Looks like I was wrong.”

“A lot of assumptions have been wrong lately I would say....,” said Shizuka in a low voice while gazing down at the floor. Her mind went back to the first look she saw in Kuro's eyes, and how much it kind of creeped her out at first. Though in part there was an odd bit of an attraction there, or at least a bit of a spark. At first Shizuka was rather uncertain about it though, until she witnessed how B-Girl had her hands all over him! But why was she angry about that, she wondered to herself. Sure there was a bit of an attraction from either of them, but why get upset over that? Shaking the thought form her mind she brought herself back to reality.

“Hmmm? What does that mean?” Igawa questioned, not really sure if he heard her correctly. Although he did, he was still a bit curious by what she meant by that exactly.

With a head shake she waved her hand back and forth rapidly, and smiled as she answered, “Nothing. Never mind.”

Igawa dismissed the idea of pursuing it even further, and with the mess that was left he had to get started on cleaning up things. Maybe even locking up early too would be in order. “Well... Yonemura-kun,” he said, slowly standing up and casually holding the towel around the back of his neck, “I'm going to get this place fixed up a bit, then call it for the day. I need a break from all this stress...”

“Okay,” she replied and then walked out into the dining area, before suddenly stopping, then turning back to the counter. Giving the place a look over she then reached into her pocket, retrieving a few paper yen and placing it upon the counter top. “Here. This should help a little.”

“You don't need to do that,” Igawa told her, waltzing up to the counter himself and glancing down at the money, then returning his tired, sympathetic eyes to hers.

“I do owe you for the pizza. Just don't...please...,” she began but trailed off, only finishing the sentence off with a quick look, then looking away, not wanting to continue the eye contact.

He understood what she was going to say and simply nodded as he said, “Don't worry. I won't tell him.”

A wide smile formed upon her lips as she bowed to him politely, “Thanks,” then she left him and pizzeria.

Igawa returned the bow and watched her exit his place, and then looked back down at the money before scooping it up. He returned to the kitchen shaking his head bewildered.
~*~
In her nearly empty, white-opaque room sat the athletically built, dark brown haired woman that cascaded over her shoulders today. This time dressed in a matching white, business suit, but with a v-neck, button up shirt under her jacket. Tendou Ranru sat cross legged in her same, large, red comfy chair while sipping at a white, china cup of tea. Feeling and even looking at peace with both eyes closed softly while she listened to the breeze entering the room through the open window-doors. Amongst the breeze came the sound of the flapping, white curtains as they flapped about freely.

“Tendou-sama,” came the familiar, elder voice of Ichijou the butler, standing and bowing in the open doorway at the back of the room.

“Yes, Ichijou-san?” spoke Ranru, curiously and without opening her eyes.

“I'm sorry to disturb you from the unfolding event...,” he replied as he rose up form his bow, keeping both his hands folded in front of him. “But a young gentleman is here to see you.”

“Oh?” she asked opening her eyes slowly, but keeping them on the large sky-monitor hovering in the distant sky. A video feed of Kenkage chasing after the Wolf Melody Beast through the city streets was taking place. Honestly for the last hour or so she had been just listening as the cat-and-mouse adventure seemed to drag on and on for quite some time. From the looks of it there was no chance of that changing anytime soon and figured she could use the distraction. “I believe I have the time to see this person. I foresee this interlude continuing to repeat for a little while longer...”

“Shall I direct them here, Tendou-sama?” Ichijou questioned and waited for the subsequent reply.

“No,” Ranru answered quicly, “I'll meet them down stairs. Give me but a moment.”

“Very well,” Ichijou accepted, bowing to his mistress with a small grin on his lips. “Tendou-sama.”
~*~

Raging across town through the busiest section of the city streets, Kenkage and the Melody Beast continued their relentless chase. As the Wolf continued to hack at random vehicles to try and throw off its pursuer, the Ninja-Grasshopper managed to find a way around, over and even under them. Suddenly one SUV came tumbling upon its side, but the Rider was able to quickly turn the bike to skid along the edge of his tires. Getting as close as he could to the ground without putting him into an accident, Kuro slid directly underneath the toppling brown family vehicle.

Nearly getting clipped on the antenna, Kuro found himself holding his breath for a little bit longer then he'd normally have. He even thought that somehow his whole life flashed before his eyes, that's how close it was to closlining him! “Holy crap!' he excalimed with a gasp, and then started to breath again, heavily and erratically.

“Too close! Too close!” shouted Kuro weaving to the left and the right, dodging two incoming cars that were forced around from a couple slashes before. The smouldering trails of smoke trailing off the inner sides. He figured they must of been still confused about the direction they were in, as he thought he heard them spinning out of control, and before he could see what happened they were already heading in his direction. Kenkage revved the motorcycle again, making it pick up speed. He had to catch up and stop this maniac of a Melody Beast from doing anymore harm! With more determination and resolve, he gunned it even faster!

Meanwhile the Wolf kept up it's rampage, attempting to use the incoming vehicles as canon fodder, or at the very most, live debris. As it wasn't trying to kill anyone with it's attacks, but that it would end up becoming the final result somehow. All the while the miniature, blue-silver, robotic stag beetle kept on pecking away at the Creature. Swatting and howling in irritation, the Melody Beast futilely tried to destroy the small insectoid nuisance! Then suddenly the Wolf managed to nick it and sent it flying backwards to Kuro.

The Techno-Ninja, green black and silver Grasshopper eyed the device floating around him for a moment, before putting his attention back to the road again. He dodged another out of control vehicle in the nick of time, barely clearing the side of it! Giving a double-take to the car as it fell behind on the street, he wondered if they were alright. In fact, Kuro wondered about all the people today, would any of them survive this attack? He had to end this fast... if only he could somehow get close enough to knock the monster off the road!

A electronic, subtly high-pitched, cacophony string of noises came from the stag beetle. “What? You talking to me?” asked Kenkage, glancing repeatedly quickly at the flying, robotic device. It replied with another array of metallic, echo-y sounds as it did a kind o nod in mid-air, while still keeping up with Kuro's bike.

It then did a sudden side roll over top of Kuro's head. Mid-way through the roll it popped open the black, triangular disc holder clamp—releasing the blue, techno-etched disc itself. Dropping down the Stag beetle chirped to grab Kuro's attention. As he looked up the disc landed into his palm, then suddenly a similar triangular clamp on the gas tank flipped open with a click and hiss. It took him a moment to figure out what he was supposed to do, but once he figured it out he placed the disc under the clamp, and slapped it shut. Pressing a few of the buttons, specifically the four that lit up on the small silver, rectangular console just above the disc holder.

Just then as the disc started to spin Kuro heard and then watched the Stag Beetle itself grow and began to transform, finally splitting into two different component sections. One latched onto the front, sprouting a sleek, round piece with two stag beetle antlers. The back got a more of a silver, dual-thruster engine piece, with the surrounding armor flaps remaining in blue while fanned out around the engines turbines themselves. Once locked onto the grasshopper motorcycle, alterating it's design though keeping the compound eyes on front, though this time in the colour scheme of orange—the thrusters suddenly kicked on! The burst of incredible speed was almost too much to control, to the point of finding the bike a little too wobbly and hard to steer. Even the gust of wind hitting his entire upper body cause a bit of trouble. But still... either way, Kenkage was determined to not slow down. Not yet at any rate at least.
~*~

Leaned up against the wall of a rather large, eggshell colored room, was a young man dressed in a plaid, button up shirt and jeans. From the top two opened buttons, a bit of a grey under shirt could be seen as well. His dark, somewhat messy-styled hair dangles just over the top of his blue frame, small rectangular glasses. Gently brushing one of the bangs out of his view, he then places his arms crossed in front of his chest. She was making him wait quite a while he thought. To the point of annoyance really, but the young man kept his cool anyways. No sense in looking the fool if he lost his cool all of the sudden. Women have always taken too long to get ready, he believed. Then just as he slid his hands into his pants pockets, he heard the clicking of heels coming down the stairs to his left.

Looking in that direction he then saw Tendou Ranru saunter down from the upper left-side staircase before coming down the center one. Her hand gently brushing along the arm-rail as she took her time down the long flight of stairs. After reaching the final two steps Ranru stopped and then her eyes met the twenty-two year old's. Both of them gave one another an unimpressed look, which frankly the feeling inside was mutual. Neither one of them were impressed with the other, though their reasons were certainly different.

“What is it?” Ranru asked impatiently.

“Why so impatient?” retorted the younger man, hiding his subtle snicker. Somehow he enjoyed getting to her. Although what has happened and is continuing to happen, he just could not excuse. There was no honour in what Ranru was doing, or rather wasn't doing.

“If you want to play games, we're done here,” she stated coolly and began to turn.

“I could ask you the same thing,” he replied, slowly looking away from her, down more towards his feet. Now the young man allowed a small smirk to form upon his lips, once he noticed in his peripheral vision that she stopped turning and stayed where she was. “Why are you playing this game, Ranru?”

“You will address me with respect,” she told him demanding.

“One does not demand respect, when one has no earned it,” he clearly stated, with the serious look in his eye to back it up. “You are using others to do your duty.”

“And what is my duty?” questioned Ranru quickly, keeping the unemotional expression on her face while awaiting the response.

“You know it. Just as well as I know mine,” added the young man, this time turning back to look at her again. “You are honour bound to do what you have others doing for you now.”

“Honour... hah,” said Ranru mockingly as she walked down the remaining steps, and then only stopped a little ways past her visitor. Without looking at him she continued, “What is honour in a world that has none, with creatrues who are just basically animals—following an instinct?”

“Are they...?” he questioned rhetorically, eyebrows raised.

“What...?” she asked, looking in his direction with a puzzled look.

“Do you really think that's all that they are?”

The beautiful, elegant and athletically built twenty-six year Tendou Ranru just stared her twenty-two year old guest for a moment, but that moment seemed to last a little longer then she would have liked. Part of her was worried that she'd seemed to be at a disadvantage while pondering over her reply. Eventually her expression changed to a calmer one, and as she looked out of the wall windows near the front on the left side of the room that was beside the main entrance—Ranru casually shut her eyes and grinned to herself. “From what I have observed, that's simply what they are. Though you and I both know why they are doing what they do. It is part of the circle of life.”

A pained expression appeared on the younger lad's face and the same feeling pinged within him. He knew why this was happening, just as much as her and he hated it. But there wasn't anything to be done other then continuing his mission. To stop the Melody Beasts from brining death to those who were innocent. “That cursed song....”

“Cursed?” asked Ranru curiously as she gently opened her eyes, “Is that how you hear it?”

“It is a song of death...,” he explained bluntly, “When it comes, it is an insult to the peacefulness—the transcendence of a true passing. There isn't any honor to die in such ways. Especially when they can't die fighting.”

“Not all death is peaceful,” she interjected quickly. “You know that was well as I do. Though your way of thinking on the subject of honour, I do find to be.... archaic.”

The young man sighed deeply and regained his composure. He then pushed up his glasses as he replied coldly, “It is what I believe. Those who do not share that view..., either have no honor themselves.” He tilted his head back. “Or are naive fools who have not the intelligence or the experience to know of such things.” Looking in her direction he finished, “I think we know which one you are. Don't we, Ranru?”

Keeping her mouth closed she gritted her teeth as she felt a pang of anger shoot through her very core. Ranru then calmed herself down as she exhaled deeply. How dare he accused her of such nonsense? Quickly thinking, she replied with a little smile, “Do you fear it?”

“Hm?” he murmured.

“The Song?”

“I do not. Nor do I fear death,” he stated firmly, truely believing it too. “It is natural... when done by natural causes. And it is honourable when it comes to those who gladly give their lives for someone. Or a cause.” With that he turned to look in her general direction again, his gaze serious and resolute, which was much the same as his feelings. “But those creatures are not natural. There is no honour in what they are doing and those they kill, die badly.” Pausing for a moment, he then looked right at the woman who was the same hight as him... if she were without her heels, “So I will do what I can in my own way...,” looking down at his balled up, raised fist that he brought up to chest level, he finished, “With my own power.”

Ranru raised her head up slightly, fully understanding what he meant and accepting it. She wasn't going to argue with him, even in some small way there was a truth to his words. She wouldn't give him the satisfaction of letting him know he was right, it could of gone to his head. No, in fact Ranru knew it would of went to his head. Dismissing any more thoughts to refute the point with him, she took a deep breath, relaxed and said, “Do what you want, Takuto....”

“Even if what I do may go against his wishes when I find him?” he asked as he pushed up off the wall and stood a a couple steps just ahead of Ranru, standing closer to the front door. Takuto ketp his hands within his jeans pockets and only turned his head slightly towards her, “Do you really have the resolve to accept the consequences that may occur due to my actions?”

“We all have our cross to bare. Difference is I may still enjoy it,” she smiled, “But the real question is...,” putting a hand upon Takuto's shoulder she finished saying, “Do I have a choice in the matter?”
With that Ranru returned back up her stairs, leaving Takuto alone to his own devices.

Takuto stayed there for a moment longer as he ran what she said through his mind. It made him grin and shake his head. “Interesting question,” he said to no one in particular and then left out the front, double doors.

After the slam of the door closing shut, at the top of the right side staircase peered Inchijou with a grim look upon his face. He stared towards the front entrance for a few seconds then turned and looked in the direction his mistress went to, her usual observation room.
~*~

Meanwhile as Shizuka wandered her way back to her apartment, an overcast covered the mid-afternoon sun. Pausing on the stop she raised a hand to shield her eyes from the glare while looking up to check out the clouds. To her it did look gloomy, she hoped it would not rain until she got home at least, and so far there was no sound of thunder. “So far, so good,” she spoke to herself, then continued on her way down the sidewalk, hoping for the overcast to dissipate.

Passing the red neon-sign of a small, local bar as the door chimed open, out came a tall man in a white jacket, faded jeans and a yellow trimmed, black tank-top. As the door shut behind him he leaned up against the front wall of the brown, concrete, flat-hut-like building. He reached into his left inner jacket pocket and pulled out a pair of squared, golden framed, sunglasses and casually put them on.

Shizuka noticed the golden chains dangling from his neck and wonder why would anyone need that much jewellery? Even though he wore sunglasses she somehow could feel his eyes were on her when she walked by. Quickly Shizuka tried to double check and make sure she wasn't being followed, hoping he wouldn't notice, but even she thought that was hard to believe from her shaky actions. Instead she picked up her pace and didn't look back as she turned the corner. Luckily there was no sound of his approaching foot steps, and she allowed herself to deep, exhaling breath of relief.

Although the dark spiky, blond highlight haired man stayed where he was, cause he didn't feel the need to follow her. Least not yet. The next time she was around that kid though, then he had every intention of staying close to them. Never in his life did he want to miss a good fight, though he knew he could of done better. Heck he'd even seen better and maybe, just maybe he could teach that kid a thing or two. Unless there was a way to get in on that action? That was worth looking into he thought. Then suddenly Nickleback's “Learn the Hard Way” began to play, so he reached a nd pull a small, iPhone from his back pocket.

Pressing the answer button on the screen opened the call but turned off the music with a quick, muted beep. Placing the phone to his ear he spoke in a gruff voice, “Ni hao?”
~*~

Reaching just outside her narrow, metal door, Shizuka stopped some J-pop song began to blare from pocket in her blue, sweater-jacket. Rumaging in it she pulled out her red Blackberry and answered it. “Hello?”

“Hey, Shizuka-chan! Are you alright??” came a panicked female voice on the other end.

“Ah, Mitsuki-chan!” exclaimed Shizuka surprised but it pleasantly as a smile formed on her lips. Hearing her friend's voice filled her with some comfort and eased her mind on everything that's been happening lately. “Yes, I'm okay. Why you asking?”

“You kidding?” blurted Mitsuki baffled, “It's been all over the Sky Monitors, news and everywhere else that has a tv! You were in a Melody Beast brawl!”

“What...?” she questioned, genuinely confused. Brushing fallen strands from her long, auburn hair out of her face, behind her ear, she then corrected her friend. “I was in a Melody Beast attack, yes.”

“Well from the images it looks like two of them were fighting it out!” blurted Mitsuki excitedly, “It was like a those kaijin fights we you can see in those Sunday Morning kids shows! Though that bug one did look more... mechanical I guess. They even named him something! What was it...?” Mitsuki then trailed off and mumbled as if trying to remember for herself.

[i[Kuro-san...[/i] she thought to herself, then replied uncertainly as she tried to remember from what she thought she heard B-Girl say in that alley, “Kenkage...?”

“Uh-huh! That's it! Kenkage!” Mitsuki replied aloud with her excitement bordering on overboard. It was almost as she she was swooning from the sounds of it. “It was so cool to see that happen. It's the first time one of them fought for one of us! Unless...”

“What...?” questioned Shizuka, curious to what her friend was going to say.

“Was thinking—it doesn't make sense for it to be fighting to protect you. Maybe...,” answered Mitsuki as she trailed off again, then added, “It was fighting that monster to have you all to itself! Though the image cut out after the Lizard explode... Guess it left, huh?”

“Yeah...,” muttered Shizuka with a hint of regret in her voice, “He ran away... But what about B-Girl, did you see what that whore did?”

“Huh? B-Girl? She was there??”

“Yeah!” Shizuka loudly accused, “Didn't you see her come in and hack at the Melody Beast?”

“No....,” Mitsuki sadly moaned, “The vid didn't show B-Girl at all. In fact I was wondering where that sword came from...?” She stopped talking a for a moment, and more or less mumbled to herself.

“Mitsuki-chan!”

“Oh right! Anyways,” stumbled Shizuka's friend, “Glad you're okay! Want me to come over?”

“No... Not right now. Thanks though.”

“Well if you need anything, holla.” Mitsuki replied jubilantly.

“I will. Thanks. Bye.” With that they both hung up and Shizuka found herself alone again and to her one thoughts. Walking up to the railing outside her apartment she slowly leaned over it and allowed the cool breeze to blow over hair face, hoping to clear her mind soon. Though one thought kept on coming back to the forefront regardless.

“Kuro-san...”
~*~

Kenkage found himself on a lone, vacant road heading into the country outside of Zenmujiku City. Still in pursuit of the thieving Wolf, he had caught up with the creature a few times already, only to have his efforts thwarted from random slashes. But he wasn't going to give up, he wanted his bike back that badly for one thing. It would cost him in the long run, quite a few of his paychecks if he lost it. Hitting the boosters again, Kuro found himself struggling to control the motorcycle, but somehow kept it steady. Reaching the rear he hit another button on the small, rectangular console. Then suddenly the Stag Beetle antlers widened up and launched shortly afterwards with a loud puff, and a zipper sound as a cable went with them.

With a loud clunk they latched onto the back end of the delivery bike. Kuro quickly hit the breaks, making the tires squeal and burn rubber, sending large trails of smoke into the air behind and around him. He gripped tightly and struggled for everything he had to prevent the Wolf from going any further. “You're not going anywhere now!” Shouted Kenkage taking one hand off the handles as she shook it, only to realize he was losing traction and quickly put it back. A few mechical, echo-y noises came from the front of the Stag Beetle Armour. Then in the back he heard something moving and attempted to look back to find that the thruster panels opened outward and turned the actual Thrusters themselves around, facing his direction, though spread far enough out to not burn him alive thankfully. A second or two later they ignited and gave him the traction he needed, though only for a short amount of time as the back of the Delivery bike--suddenly broke off! “EHHH???”

“WHOA!” exclaimed Kenkage in a mix of shock and confusion as he popped up into a Chinese wheelie. The thrusters quickly disengaged and he plopped back down as he witness the Wolf went tumbling over the handle bars and onto its back, slapping hard against the pavement. Just as the back of the Delivery bike flung towards him, the Antlers snipped the back half... in half again. The top top came flying for Kuro's head! With split second timing he ducked out of the way and found himself hyperventilating! “Geeze..! That's my bike! You dumb... Bike?” exclaimed Kuro angrily smacking the top of the Stag Armor's head, receiving an annoyed combination of sounds in reply. “Oh don't start! I'm not gonna here the end of it from Igawa-san..! -Huh?”

Cocking his head to the right he watched as the Wolf, on all fours, gallop operatically across a large gravel area, towards a small cluster of abandoned and condemned, concrete buildings. He had no intention of letting that thing get away, not with his work bike destroyed. No, Kuro had every intent on taking his frustration out on the Melody Beast now, more then ever. Bringing the twin-combined insect bike around with a loud, ear-piercing screech, he stopped and slowly revved up once... twice... then suddenly an explosion of sparks hit him on the chest! Shaken up a bit, it took Kuro a moment to regain his wits and then looked to his right.

Down the road, driving fast towards him, came Detective Desmond Yamato in his dark green Honda Crossroad. Leaning out the window with gun in hand he fired again, causing the Techno-Ninja Grasshopper to fall off his motorcycle, as several more shots took their toll on him! Desmond allowed himself a snicker and quickly cut the tires, bringing his car to a screeching stop. Getting out he fired a few more times!

Kuro's chest armor exploded with more sparks as he tried to stand, only to fumble back to the pavement again and again. There seemed to be no letting up from this!
~*~

Scrambling away at break neck speed, the Man-Wolf Melody Beast darted into a desolate courtyard, void of life. The only things that decorated it were a few old, broken and even burnt chairs, along with some dead potted trees and vases that were empty, except for possibly rain water that had filled them instead. Running around the dried up fountain, the Wolf took a few quick sniffs and then ran in another direction and pounced up a flight of stairs. Getting halfway there something grabbing the creature by the back, tugging harshly at its hair! With howl the monster was yanked off into the air and slammed onto the dusty, concrete floor!

There it rolled frantically back and forth as if panicking and scared out of its mind! In fact it was and quickly tried to remove whatever it was that was on its back. When it did the monster got to its knees and stared at the silver-white, metal-organic substance curiously. Bringing it to its nose, the Wolf quickly pulled it away and then threw the web-like substance. Looking around frantically while breathing quite heavily as well, the Melody Beast studied the darkness for wherever that came from. Then all of the sudden, the loud thumping of heavy, armoured boots echoed within the dark lobby it found itself in.

Tilting it's head to the side, the Wolf could barely make out the outline of a shadowed figure that seemed to have angular, spiked shoulder armour, and holding a spear-like weapon. The Melody Beast watched it for a long time as it came to a halt a few feet before it. A low growl emanated from deep within the Wolf's throat, and then it readied its claws for battle. Crisscrossing, causing sparks to splash down to the floor.

The Shadow Armoured Figure grabbed the spear with both hands and pointed it towards the Monster, readying for battle.
~*~

Explosions continued to rock Kuro's world, even with the green, metallic armor protecting his body. Those explosive bullets were still brutal enough to knocking him to the ground repeatedly. Managing to get to the side of his bike, gave him some shelter from the incoming fire. He could hear the frustration roaring out of Desmond as he huffed, and then fired a couple rounds at the bike itself! Bursts of sparks showered over Kuro and his combined bug motorcycle, which made him hold up his hands for protection while quickly checking to see over the seat, how close this nut job was getting. In the nick of time he ducked as a round whizzed by through the air. That ping rattled him for a few moments, as he gasped, “Holy crap!”

Suddenly there was a thwip sound. Kenkage noticed that the gunfire had stopped all of the sudden, though the swearing from Desmond continued. Standing up slowly he looked around and then noticed this thick clump or silver-white, metal-organic substance covering over the Detective's gun hand. “What the...?”

Then another clump hit the Japanese-American in the other shoulder, then another hit him in the chest, knocking the poor bastard over onto his back. A final couple of clumps tied his arms and feet up, and there he struggled back and forth, trying to free himself from the confines of the metal-webbing. “Argh! What the hell is this ****?!” Desmond shouted boiling mad, then glared up at Kenkage with a mix of anger and fear rolled into one. It was as if he was waiting for him to finish the job...

“Uhhh... -stay there!” said Kuro aloud with a bit of a distorted, metal-like echo to his voice which made him pause a moment. Gently gripping the jaw of the helmet he looked away as he wonder what was doing that, “Hah... neat. But yeah, you just stay frosty. I'll be back to free you!” With that he mounted his motorcycle again and darted towards the condemned buildings, hoping he didn't lose the Wolf's trail. Though since those things came from the direction to the medium sized building on the right, maybe he should check that one first. Revving up the throttle, Kenkage gunned it there without looking back.

“Hey!” shouted the tied up detective, rolling back and forth on the ground, helplessly frustrated and even angrier then he was before. “Hey!!”
~*~

With each and every impact of the Armoured Figure's spearhead, explosive bursts of sparks showered down to the floor! The Figure jabbed and stabbed repeatedly but differently with each attack, then switching it up every so often to either block, parry and then finally slashing the Wolf in the chest in one swift motion. Standing coolly with the spear stretched out as the Figure held it in both hands on one side of the room, while the Wolf staggered to a knee and held it's chest.

After catching its breath, the Beast jumped to its feet, spun around as fast as it could and lashed out wildly with both claws. The Shadow Figure was quicker and turned on a heel as it twirled the spear around, and stabbed the Wolf in the chest once again, this time cutting up to its left shoulder sending sparks everywhere! The Figure watched the Wolf tumble backwards and back rolled flat onto its stomach. There it laid cringing and growling in anger and agonizing pain, showing off all it's sharp teeth.

The Shadow Figure slowly, confidently stood up straight and calmly stood its weapon upright on the floor, the spearhead pointing to the ceiling. Titling its head to the side, the Armored Shadow Figured carefully studied the Beast while awaiting its next move of desperation. Then came the roaring of a motorcycle engine as it reached closer to the outside entrance of the building the Beast and him were in. Reluctantly the Shadowed Figured started to head further into the building, next to a staircase. As he looked up above he could see a hole in the ceiling. Glancing back to the injured Man-Wolf, the Figure then whistled out loud.

A large mesh of webbing cover over top of the Wolf, holding it down against hte cold, concrete floor. It's breath forcing the dust to jump off into a cloud that cause the Beast to sneeze a few times.
~*~

Reaching close to the entrance of the building he wanted to go into, the bike began to slow down till finally halting on the gravel road. He nearly went over the handle bars himself and braced for dear life as the bike fetched up, at least Kuro thought that's what it did. With every try to get the bike to move, it just would not budge! “Now what's wrong?” he wondered and then dismounted from the vehicle looking the whole thing over. “Why aren't you moving?” The bike replied with everal noises, and then tilted back and forth in the direction of the lobby entrance.

At any rate, he hoped the Wolf was somewhere nearby still. Also the fact that those balls of webbing—he assumed it was webbing, came from there as well. A Spider Melody Beast would do just as well to take his frustration out on, though thanking it for saving his butt back there might be in order. Suddenly there came growling and howling from within the darkness of the building's open lobby. It made Kuro jump a bit, and it was the only thing as the seat of his bike popped open, making him jump again. Caustiously he stepped up to look inside to find the Ninja Sword that B-Girl tossed him last time. Though this time it was sheathed in a solid, black sheath that reminded him of the nano-material of his own body suit. Dislodging it from the interior of the bike's hidden compartment, Kuro looked it over, checking out the black, ringed handle that had accents of silver and green. Grabbing on the sheath with one hand and the handle in the other, he slid the sword out and saw the shiny, silver-chrome blade that was sheathed within. Once he fully had the weapon out he looked it up and down while holding straight up, allowing the sunlight that cut through the overcast to reflect off the blade. “Nice...,” said Kenkage as adrenaline filled his veins once more. “This'll definitely help a lot. Alright.” Putting the sheath into the open compartment, Kuro in his bug-suit of Techno-Ninja Armour, holding the razor sharp Inagomaru in both hands, charged for the lobby.

Sliding to a stop, Kuro looked around in the dark lobby, with only the light from outside giving him any illumination, aside from a few holes in the walls. Hesitantly he moved in further and listened carefully, the growl was coming from somewhere. Only that the darkness was giving him a hard time finding the exact location. Cautiously Kenkage moved about, keeping his blade out before him at all times, hoping that he'd connect it with the Beast if it should attack from the shadows.

Then came a loud sneeze, followed by a growing, growling rumble from the floor to his right as he turned to the left. Looking right, Kenkage saw the Wolf tied down by a mesh of webbing, struggling with everything it had to get free. It honestly stopped him in his tracks for a second and then he raised the Inagomaru like a samurai-styled stance, pointing the weapon right at his enemy, with the sharp side of the blade turned upward. Carefully crouching down, Kuro waited to see what the Monster would do next...

It pushed up on all fours, stretching the web-mesh, weakening it somehow with every stress-filled upward motion. When the Beast stopped for a rest bit, it glared right at Kenkage with it's beady, yellow eyes, drool dripping from its shaking, open mouth. From the looks of it, the Monster shook with intense rage. Kuro even saw it as a bloodlust from the looks of it and that caused him to step back a little bit.

Suddenly there was motion from the left and as Kuro looked to see what it was, something in the Shadow's leaped upwards. Following it he saw there was a kind of large hole in the ceiling and figured it went through there. Quickly he ran over and looked up through the hole for himself, but it was so black in that that it was impossible to tell what went in, or wherever it may have gone. He just hopped there wasn't two Melody Beasts though. Uncertainty clouded his mind a bit as he felt his heart race and not in a good way. How the heck would he fight too, Kuro wondered to himself. Just then came a loud snap! Then another and another, until there was a lot of them. Turning quickly he saw that that Wolf had broken out of it's web-cage!

“Oh great...,” Kenkage muttered.

The Man-Wolf Melody Beast lept for the Grasshopper in a blind rage, only to take a stabbing from the tip of Kenkage's Inagomaru. On impact came a burst of sparks that showered everywhere, but the Wolf still tried to swipe at him, but futilely missed. Landing with a shoulder roll, the Creature bounced back around and swiped away like crazy.

Kenkage started to slash haphazardly at the incoming Man-Wolf, cutting away each swipe of the animal's claws. Sparks rained down with every connecting strike, as the trails of smoke from each impact filled the already, thick, musty air. Until the Monster got in a lucky hit that stunned Kuro long enough for it to continue its clawed, ravaging assault. He felt the impact of each slash hitting him cross the helmet, chest and then finally the upper cut sent him back-flipping to the hard floor. Luckily Kenkage shook off the dizziness and lunged forward with his sword, making it count as the Wolf's chest exploded in sparks. It tumbled backwards to the floor on few feet away from him.

Standing up to his feet first, Kuro then remembered about B-Girl hitting the top button and then flipping the buckle somehow. It allowed him to destroy the last one, so why not this one? But which way to flip the buckle was the question. Sadly Kuro had little time to figure it out or remember which way to do it. While holding the sword in his right hand, he hit the top button upon the buckle with his left thumb.

“Whoa!” Kuro cried as he ducked and rolled out of the way of the Wolf's pounce. It certainly was a close one, but still somehow keeping his cool, he continue with the tilting of the buckle. This time tilting the right end to be angled upwards.

“Let's Punch It!” came the belt's fighting game inspired voice. Kuro looked down at it as the powering up sound pulsated up from the belt, to his arm, where he witness the energy surge down to his hand—then finally outlining the blade of his sword.

“Huh?” Kuro looked at the green, glowing weapon confused for a few seconds, only to snap back to reality as the Wolf started to run at him. “Whoat!” he shouted, quickly looking at the charging beast, ready to tear him apart. Part of him swore he felt his heart skip a beat and prayed that whatever his belt did to the sword, it would help him out right now. Bringing the sword up across his left, Kenkage then swung wide from there. The Wolf brought up both arms to block the attack, and suddenly its right forearm exploded in more sparks then it did before!

Rolling away the Wolf head it's right forearm, groaning and whimpering in agony. Then it turned its sites on Kuro again, and snarled like the wild beast that it was.. Kuro waved it on to attack him. In a fit of intense rage the creature did some and leaped for the Grasshopper once again! Kuro lashed out with a swipe from the right, hitting the Wolf in the other forearm, causing the same effect and damage as last time. The Melody Beast howled in pain but did not let up and continued to try its futile attacks over and over again! Backing up fast, his heart racing rapidly, Kenkage resorted to parrying away the incoming claws—one after the other, causing them to explode repeatedly in sparks. All he could hear was the sound of the explosions and constant howling from the Wolf as it cried out in pain and anguish, while attacking full force in its blind rage! In a last ditch effort, Kuro managed to counter attack with a overhead slash! Connecting barely he slashed through the creature's left eye, causing it to explode with showering sparks everywhere!

Roaring out loud the Wolf back-flipped and slashed across Kenkage's chest armor once more, sending him fumbling to the ground. Before the Wolf could move in for the kill, Kuro rolled to his knees and threw the sword at it. The Melody Beast leaned out of the way but took the charged edge across its fury chest, with the explosion forcing the animal through the air and into a concrete pillar before dropping to the floor in a flurry of sparks. It stayed there, wincing and groaning as it held its injured body gingerly, whimpering every time it touched a cut or exploded section.

Both combatants stayed where they were, breathing heavy, though only one was more injured then the other. Slowly raising ot his feet, Kuro then looked at his buckle again.

“Well... if it worked this way...,” he said to himself, tilting the buckle back to its original horizontal position. Tapping the top button again he then said, “Let's try it the other way!” He then tilted the right end downward.

“Let's Kick It!” came the voice of the belt. At the same time the Wolf Melody Beast staggered to it's feet, rubbing up against the concrete pillar with its back. Fully stretching it's arms back the Beast howled into musty air and then hunched over, glaring at its prey. The bloodlust eer more evident now then it was earlier in the battle.

Feeling the cackling energy shoot down his leg, to the sole of his right foot, Kuro in the Kenkage armor started to back up a bit. Once he felt he gained enough ground he then slowly crouched down, going nearly eye level with the madly, wild Wolf Beast, staring right back at him. There was a long silence between them with only the heavy breathing and the pulsating sound from the Driver echoing within the acoustics of the abandoned building's dark lobby.

A second or two later the Melody Beast adjusted it's clawed feet and darted for the green, black and silver Grasshopper-Ninja. That was when everything felt as if it had started to slow down. Even Kuro felt that everything was becoming slow-motion. The pulsating sound of the Driver, the emanating glow from the energy vibrantly glowing from his foot, everything became in sync with his heart, until that was all he could hear.

Taking a deep breath in, holding it, he then jumped into the air along with the Wolf. Quickly extending his right leg outward into a flying side-kick, Kuro watched as the creature tried to fall but it was too late. He connected with the kick and watched as the huge explosion sent the Wolf flying backwards, which Kuro managed to push off and flip back as well. Only that when Kuro landed in a kneeling crouch, the Melody Beast hit the rectangular, concrete pillar—breaking through it and continuing to somersault along the hard floor until finally slamming into the far off wall.

There the Wolf sat, blinking blankly until suddenly sparks began to pop and shower all over it's chest and face. Green energy bolts crackled all over its body until the Monster's head finally dropped lifelessly... and the whole Creature exploded into flames!

Slowly Kuro stood back up and watched the burning fires turn what was left of the Melody Beast into ashes. It was rather quick he thought, and at least this one wasn't going to bother anyonre again... but if there was another one, where did it go? Running over to his thrown sword which laid along the ground, he quickly picked it up and readied for another attack.

Unbeknownst to Kuro, B-Girl watched the fight unfold from behind another concrete pillar that hid her within the shadows. But she wasn't the only one who was hidden in those shadows. Up above watching the fight happen below stood the Armoured Figure, spear in hand like a walking stick and something beside him slowly moved, and gave off mechanical, echo-y sounds. The Figure raised a hand to silence it.

“Not yet,” whispered the Figure.

B-Girl was about to step out and greet her Champion until the sound of footsteps crunching gravel was heard from outside the building. Slipping back behind the pillar she watched again from a far along with the Shadowed Figure who wasn't aware of her presence either. He too though heard the foot steps of someone coming towards the building.

When Kuro heard someone approaching, he noticed there was some grunting and heavy breathing as if someone was struggling. Readying his sword he turned towards the open walled entranced of the lobby and waited...

Suddenly out came Desmond, tearing off the webbing from his shoulder finally. Gathering his surroundings he quickly scanned the area. When he came to see the Grasshopper Humanoid standing with his sword ready, he swiftly raised the glock in both hands.

Kenkage found himself staring down the barrel of the detective's gun, which he doubted would be the last time.

To Be Continued...

Ending:
"4U" -camino
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VMuNcI9ux4"]4U / camino - YouTube[/ame][/center]

Last edited:
S

scikaiju

A good ep that continued some of the story lines you got going so far, and added a little intrigue about what's going on. The stag beetle was an upgrade for the bike which was a nice touch I thought. And we see how... single-minded Desmond is when it comes to the Melody Beasts and now Kenkage it seems, even to the point he drives off from an accident he caused after calling it in. A good one man:thumbs:

Professionally Insane
Chose a theme song finally, edited it into all 3 eps, and even though it's to another show... it kinda fits this story as well. Also it's a pretty epic song. :D

Edit: Now all 3 episodes are with an ending theme.

Chosen Opening is: "Just One Life" by Spyair, from Samurai Flamenco.

Chosen Ending is: "4U" by camino.

Last edited: