... of the strange quirks humanity possesses in general.

I was watching episode 45 when I had this epiphany. I immediately spoke to my friend about this:

Me says (11:01 PM)
oh god
years after watching kabuto
i realise
it was a parody

Friend says (11:16 PM)
parody of?

Me says (11:17 PM)
life
srsly
i was watching 45
with kageyama and yaguruma doing bdsm
and i was thinking
the director cant hv been srs

Friend says (11:17 PM)
oh those
yea
lol

like see

now that i think about it

tendou is a parody of the cocky, overachieving bastard we know in real life

it starts to make sense

kagami is the overenthusiastic guy we all know
and too loud
then the two emo hoppers are for all the downers and complainers we meet
who take "the darkness" too srsly
tsurugi is a symbol of all our immaturity
and daisuke, drake, is like those irresponsible dreamers who are nvr around nor grounded in real life
and the worm can mimic us because they are basically mirrors of ourselves
just like this show is a mirror of society
fucking brilliant.

Friend says (11:19 PM)
so
darn
true
and not forgetting the whiners
kageyama takes that

Me says (11:19 PM)
yeaaaa
now u see it was kamen rider society all along

Friend says (11:20 PM)
totally....
we are getting wiser

Me says (11:20 PM)

Thoughts? :169:

Huh. I never thought about it that way. I don't know if I agree with you completely, but it's very interesting observation.

It would certainly help explain why the show's story crapped out partway through...

I thought Kabuto became an unintentional parody of Heisei Rider up until that point, with the way it dumped a bundle of mysteries in at the beginning and failed to resolve even half of them in a logical manner (or at all), plus the stupid reasons for having Riders fight each other.

A simple passerby...
It certainly was a special show, I mean it was the 35th anniversary, and it was a pretty awesome idea back then. I was pretty hooked.

I agree with your concept, having realise some of those points while all the replays I did of Kabuto.

I thought Kabuto became an unintentional parody of Heisei Rider up until that point, with the way it dumped a bundle of mysteries in at the beginning and failed to resolve even half of them in a logical manner (or at all), plus the stupid reasons for having Riders fight each other.

Basically, Kabuto was Faiz with an ending, and thats about the only
improvement...

It was a real shame though. I remember how much people loved the show when it premiered.
Everything just looked so impressive. You had better screen quality, better suits, better fights, interesting characters, a military organization fighting aliens etc. etc.
I remember those early posters we got, were we saw Kabuto leading an army of ZECT troopers into battle.

The first episodes had some huge throwbacks to Kuuga and Agito.
ZECT were investigators, and the Worms were creeping around in the shadows waiting to strike.
The characters were also taken seriously. We all thought that the show was gonna focus on the development of Kagami.

Then Thebee appeared, and everything just went to hell after that.

Yonemura seems to have a problem handling more than a few characters at once. You could tell that he had some nice ideas for all the secondary Riders, but he had no idea how to work with them in the show.
He is like one of those fanfic writers, who spends hours drawing pictures of the Riders for their upcoming fic, with descriptions of powers, weapons and some random â€cool†back-stories, but when they start working on the fic itself, they have no idea how to begin.

When you combine that with Inoue's love for nonsensical conflicts and bad soap opera, then you pretty much end up having bastard child like Kabuto that is begging for someone to kill it.

Banned
Kabuto is the single worst KR series I have ever seen. The ONLY good thing to come from it was Gattack.

Gattack's debut was amazing.
In fact, Kagami was the only reason I continued watching that show.

I believe super hero stories can relate to real life, our traits, strengths, weaknesses and etc. Maybe that is why I am so into it. Something maybe others can't understand. :p

When The Fruit Of Life Corrupts Men
While I liked the suit design a lot, Tendou was too much of an obnoxious asshole for me to even bother with the show past 7 episodes