Kamen Rider Hibiki: Quietly being the Worst Heisei Series along with Decade

I liked Hibiki. It was risky using the music motif due to its absurdity, then again "fruit samurai" and I hope Rider takes more risks in the future. This Rider series had really likable characters sans Kiriya (but made up for it as Zeronos). The main rider himself was a pretty cool dude. Laid back and never got serious unless needed to. There were some moments where he was polite to the makamou making it more amusing. And who doesn't like the Hibiki salute. The second half of the season, as much as I was disappointed, there were some high spots. I loved the Oni no Yoroi...and its homage to Ninja Arashi. Then again, Zanki, man. Also, what was wrong with Hibiki's flame breath? That was awesome. So you're saying Hibiki opening his face plate will scare children? Really?

R

raden238

Its nice reading all of your mixed opinions on Hibiki. I didn't touch on the movie in my first post, but lets just say I didn't like the movie either. The Seven Senki barely had any screen time and I feel we didn't get to know them (except for Kabuki) and the movie was pretty cliche.

D

Dr Kain

I liked Hibiki. It was risky using the music motif due to its absurdity, then again "fruit samurai" and I hope Rider takes more risks in the future. This Rider series had really likable characters sans Kiriya (but made up for it as Zeronos). The main rider himself was a pretty cool dude. Laid back and never got serious unless needed to. There were some moments where he was polite to the makamou making it more amusing. And who doesn't like the Hibiki salute. The second half of the season, as much as I was disappointed, there were some high spots. I loved the Oni no Yoroi...and its homage to Ninja Arashi. Then again, Zanki, man. Also, what was wrong with Hibiki's flame breath? That was awesome. So you're saying Hibiki opening his face plate will scare children? Really?

Unfortunately, it seems like Toei is done taking risks and would rather just stay on cruise control and coast along than do anything new.

Unfortunately, it seems like Toei is done taking risks and would rather just stay on cruise control and coast along than do anything new.

Agreed, and that's what's pushing me away these days.

I noticed that as time goes, they're basically removing the mystery elements of Kamen Rider, and going to a simple weekly drama style. Makes me very sad.

Extreme Perfect Complete Ultimate !
And the last best thing ever happened in kamen rider was gaim..we will never got any of that level of epicness anymore

D

Dr Kain

Agreed, and that's what's pushing me away these days.

I noticed that as time goes, they're basically removing the mystery elements of Kamen Rider, and going to a simple weekly drama style. Makes me very sad.

It's kind of sad because I feel Rider is now in the same rut as Sentai.

^ I agree with all of these points.

Personally I have mixed feelings about the movie. As a fan of Seven Samurai, I think it's a horrible adaptation. But it's still got some charm, and it shows you the monster that they were meant to have the big series finale battle against in the series (until that all went to hell).

In what way is it horrible? I haven't seen Seven Samurai but I have seen The Magnificent Seven, and Seven Oni being an adaptation of sorts was part of the appeal to me.

^ I agree with all of these points.

In what way is it horrible? I haven't seen Seven Samurai but I have seen The Magnificent Seven, and Seven Oni being an adaptation of sorts was part of the appeal to me.

You realize that the bad guy in the Seven Samurai was society?

Sorry, wrong response. Mine was for the original post, not your response to it.