I've never really gotten into Kamen Rider, I've always watched a bunch of Super Sentai.....But i want to start watching Kamen Rider, but I don't know where to start....Opinions?

Depends. Kamen Rider W is usually the go-to place to start (though I started both Sentai and Rider with Gokaiger and OOO, respectively), but it really depends on personal taste.

Mad Skillz
Depends on what you like. I would say Agito and W are great starting places. There are some Rider shows that skew a lot in one tone but these two manage to find that middle ground better than most series and, for the most part, everything makes sense by the end of the series. There are tons of shows where you just know that things in the end are nowhere near what they were supposed to be in the original plans. (like Bishop sticking around Kiva despite only originally being written in six episodes)

If all else fails, download a couple of episode ones and see which hooks you in.

Heroes are forever
Start with a movie or a special. I'd say you should go with the ZX Special and/or All Riders vs DaiShocker. Then watch whatever you please.

I think I may start with a movie, considering that is how I started with Sentai(That and just listening to the opening songs so much...) Which OOO looked appealing only because of the catchy theme song. But I'll start with All Riders Vs DaiShocker. Thanks Everyone!

It's over 8,000!
Decade? That's the worst place to start...

Double and Black are two great shows to start watching.

If you really want a movie, then I suggest the 555 movie, "Paradise Lost", but it's better to watch a few episodes of the series to understand the characters.

Heroes are forever
I think I may start with a movie, considering that is how I started with Sentai(That and just listening to the opening songs so much...) Which OOO looked appealing only because of the catchy theme song. But I'll start with All Riders Vs DaiShocker. Thanks Everyone!
:laugh: The awesome soundtrack is what made me watch all of Boukenger, and I can say it's not the best of shows.

BollywoodShank, if you don't mind me asking, which sentai seasons have you watched? Which do you like? Which do you dislike? And why do you like or dislike these particular seasons? I ask cause that might give us a hint on what you like about toku.

Silly Rookie
I've never really gotten into Kamen Rider, I've always watched a bunch of Super Sentai.....But i want to start watching Kamen Rider, but I don't know where to start....Opinions?

It depends on what you like. Seeing how you have a Go-Onger avatar I'm guessing Den-O or OOO could be to your liking...Possibly. I think it's agreed that those two are the most overtly silly and goofy (Den-O being more so, OOO having a LITTLE restraint in comparison.)

Then again, those are my personal favorites BECAUSE of that, so I might not be a good judge.

Last edited: