Shining~
Police and Justice don't rhyme, that's what I was saying.

Chalk it up to different pronunciation between countries, I guess.

Though if you must insist, then I'd say "Righteous, Justice" would be a fitting rhyme.

Anyway

Double special: It's nice seeing Makoto easily resist Terror Field, likely because he already suffered something much worse anyway. My only problem with this special, is how the Driver's voice is even worse than in Drive special, it is almost drowned by the sound effects and BGM. I thought they wanted to promote the Eyecons?

Gaim special: .......the entire special is just a fight. Drive and Double special at least has a bit of talk. Gaim special is literally just the fight. Seriously?????
On the bright side, they did the Driver's voice really well this time. I guess someone in Japan has the same complain as me about the previous two specials, Drive having the Driver's voice being too fast and not loud enough, while Double, like I said, is almost completely drowned by other voices. It doesn't really make any sense to have the voice like that when promoting the Eyecon is the entire point of the specials. Seems like they listened to that complain, hence why Gaim special is really good in terms of the sound effect for the Rider Eyecon.

Last edited:
Shining~
Fourze special......

I like that they are going back to giving more time for the plot.

Also love the transformation to Fourze Damashii - they actually have Makoto and the Ghost Driver announce "It's Space Time" at exactly the same time :laugh:

Interesting that when Makoto summoned the Rocket Module, they actually put the "Rocket On" announcement, despite the announcement originally coming from the Fourze Driver, not from the Rocket Module itself. And then Makoto proceed to destroy a factory's wall for no reason :sweat: :laugh:

Anyway, I've been thinking - due to what happened in the series, these specials has to happen not only after Ghost gained Himiko, but also after Makoto is no longer being controlled by Alain, and after Makoto apparently gone off on his own to deal with his body's problem in the March 6 episode.

But the appearance of the Legend Rider Damashiis in the crossover episode with Zyuohger on March 27 to promote Kamen Rider #1 movie means the specials has to happen before the crossover episode.

And Ghost has access to Grateful in the crossover episode, but he didn't even thought about using it in these specials, likely because he didn't have it yet. Apparently Makoto will go on his own in March 6 episode, yet he's in the specials.

All that means these specials can only happens between March 13 episode and March 20 episode, after Makoto came back, but before Takeru obtains Grateful.

Shining~
OOO special......

For a moment there I thought they're going to combine it with Wizard special, since White Wizard appeared to fight the heroes at the same time as Kyoryu Greeed. Turns out they still save Wizard Eyecon for the next special.

But the most interesting thing this time, is that they gave us lots of plot progression, at the cost of making the OOO Damashii promotion looks really half-assed.

1. The Medals that came to help Makoto? They not only came out of nowhere despite Freya being nearby, but also, they're either TaJaDor Medals, or all Taka Medals. Which doesn't make any sense since the OOO Damashii is based on TaToBa.
2. Specter in OOO Damashii literally only do some poses THAT EIJI NEVER DID, then go straight to the finisher, without ever being shown activating said finisher. He never actually do much fighting in OOO Damashii.
3. They didn't even have any time to make the Parka Ghost pose like OOO when it is summoned. Also, what's with the random "TaToBa TaToBa TaToBa" sound?

Considering the entire point of the specials, it's interesting that they do that half-assed job, but I guess that bounds to happen if you're trying to make an actual story within 6 minutes promotions like this.

And Freya is still as silent as ever whenever the heroes are around. Really, saying another one or two important things before anything bad happens wouldn't hurt.

Last edited: