latest

So the first of these is out and subbed. These straight-to-youtube specials are only shorts with what looks like the same budget as a Televi-kun special, so it's probably not worth giving them their own individual threads, but I thought I'd see what people thought regardless.

First up: "Officer of the strange! Righteous Tire Change!"

Shining~
- ......who is this white creature? There's zero explanation about it......

- Frey and Freyja looks completely different aside from face, I think they even have different height. It's kinda hard seeing that they are actually played by the same person. That actually feels nice.

- Now that I've seen a 720p version of the video, yeah, Frey took 14 Eyecons. Interesting to see that he can just take Boost away like that, but it is strange how Himiko is there as well. Is this supposed to be set after Takeru obtained Himiko? That's way far ahead........

- Hmm, this Heart seems to at least possess the same memory as the Heart in Drive, as he remember about fighting Drive.

- The fight feels too short, even the transformation sound feels rushed. But I like how Takeru unconsciously shouts Shinnosuke's catchphrase. Also, Tridoron cameo :laugh:

If there's one thing I'm REALLY confused about this, it's about the translation O-T picked for Drive Soul's phrase.

Why not "Police, Justice, Tire Change"? Police and Justice rhymes, and is a more exact translation.......based on the tone, it's obvious "seigi-kan" is a separate sentence from the "Tire Koukan" part.

Last edited:
Po-lice, Jus-tice? Nobody says that. I'm sure they won't spent much on any of these.

Lurker
Normally I would like to see the characters have their original actors return to voice their roles. But this time, I wish they'd made those past villains return as mindless grunts, not as who they were back in their respective series. I don't like how Heart got destroyed so easily though it was nice when he referenced about "the Kamen Riders that he knew"
Anyway, I love Drive Damashii, look forward to see more of Takeru and Makoto saying their preceedors' catchphrases

Normally I would like to see the characters have their original actors return to voice their roles. But this time, I wish they'd made those past villains return as mindless grunts, not as who they were back in their respective series. I don't like how Heart got destroyed so easily though it was nice when he referenced about "the Kamen Riders that he knew"
Anyway, I love Drive Damashii, look forward to see more of Takeru and Makoto saying their preceedors' catchphrases

I think the sweet suits and fanservice callbacks are all we have to look forward to in this series.

Shining~

Personally I think these past villains are just copies that possess their original self's memories.

Hence why they got defeated so easily, even though they seem to be the original due to knowing things that only the original would know.

As for how did Frey create such thing, don't ask me :sweat:

Po-lice, Jus-tice? Nobody says that.

Not sure what you meant by that, but......

I'm sure they won't spent much on any of these.

Yeah, don't think they will, even though it would have been nice.

OverTime just released their sub of the second one. That moment when Freya waves her hand and the first collectable from Double through Gaim appears. Also it seemed like they got the actor who played the Terror Dopant to do the voice, which made his final line about returning to his family seem poignant.

Treasure Cards of the Underworld
OverTime just released their sub of the second one. That moment when Freya waves her hand and the first collectable from Double through Gaim appears. Also it seemed like they got the actor who played the Terror Dopant to do the voice, which made his final line about returning to his family seem poignant.

It's my understanding that all the villains returning for these are gonna be voiced by their respective actors.

It's my understanding that all the villains returning for these are gonna be voiced by their respective actors.
That's cool. And in this case, very impressive that they got an actor back after over five years just to do a voice for a straight-to-youtube short.

Personally I think these past villains are just copies that possess their original self's memories.

Hence why they got defeated so easily, even though they seem to be the original due to knowing things that only the original would know.

As for how did Frey create such thing, don't ask me :sweat:

Not sure what you meant by that, but......

Yeah, don't think they will, even though it would have been nice.

Police and Justice don't rhyme, that's what I was saying.

I think in general, the cheap specials are actually more fun. I love those stupid Telebi-Kun DVDs.