Kamen Rider Gaim - News/Rumors Thread 2: Suffering Incoming

K

Kamen Rider IXA

It wasn't rushed, but it did feel far more contrived to me with regard to Micchi, the Lockseeds, the villain getting his Lockseed and more.
It seems they were building up another Shocker-like terrorist organisation, which uses LockSeeds. Apparently Micchi and Takatora are fighting them in America, during these events.
Also, they didn't explain what kind of connection is there between Saver and Black Baron.

I got the sense that Saver just approached black Baron during the duke portion of the series, and gave him all the zakuro lockseeds to hand out as prizes, which is why so many people had them. But that idea makes no sense when you realise his whole plan ended around episode 12 of Gaim, and the Knuckle portion takes place over a year later. :/ Like, where were they meeting, was that the afterlife? I'm guessing it was just an artsy scene transition, sort of like the sentai red- handoff thing at the end of every series.

I will say, the fight choreography was fantastic, the night scenes were a welcome return, and the explosions/sparks looked WAY better than they normally do. I wasn't expecting that, since I had assumed that these DVD movies had a budget of about 1 yen.

Lurker
It seems they were building up another Shocker-like terrorist organisation, which uses LockSeeds. Apparently Micchi and Takatora are fighting them in America, during these events.
Also, they didn't explain what kind of connection is there between Saver and Black Baron.

With the possibility of Gaim Gainden 3, I'd love it if they bring back Foundation X as the ones who are using Lockseeds to cause terror from the shadow. The true nature of Foundation X was never truly revealed, I hope the upcoming Drive Saga featuring Accel and Gaim Gaiden 3 (if it happens) will bring them back and open the way for Foundation X to be the main antagonist in future Rider movies

I love Double, but Foundation X was the worst executed aspect of that show. Lets' replace Museum with this new organisation that do exactly the same thing every week, only instead of a number of charismatic villains with a personal connection to the protagonists it can be this one guy who's actor is as wooden as a tree. Then we'll make him do a rushed rehash of the Weather Dopant storyline, because if it was done successfully by a good actor then surely copy/pasting it in the same series with a poor actor will go equally as well? Right? Right?!

Then they came back once for Megamax. Except not really because the villain of that film is an ex member of the organisation. Looking back, I can't think of a single reason to even mention Foundation X in that film except that it meant they could save some money by re-using the white labcoat outfits instead of putting new costumes together for the bad guys.

I get that some people like the idea of an overarching villainous organisation. But Foundation X weren't special enough to be brought back every year, and Double was so long ago now that the kids watching every Sunday morning in Japan won't know who the organisation even are. IMO it's moment has been and gone.

As far as Megamax goes, there's the connection of Foundation X funding Gamou and Kannagi using that connection to obtain Switch technology for his driver. The advantage of the Foundation X set up there is that it uses a pre-established basis, rather than coming out of nowhere. The organization also needed to be impersonal, and not directly involve itself, in order to actually last through multiple appearances without resorting to random Shocker-like revivals, without relying on commitment of any specific actor.

Still, yes, Foundation X basically died with Tsukada leaving the franchise. At best, you'll see them popping up for some random SHT, but then they'd be just a Shocker stand in and get immediately blown up, like how they brought back Badan after 30 years just to destroy it.

I don't read the Gaim novel, but the Japanese fans have confirm that there are new Arms Change in the novel. These are Zangetsu Suika Arms, Zangetsu Jinba Melon Arms, Ryugen Jinba Dragonfruit Arms.

The main enemy is Saver and he have a lot of transformation, all based on big bad of Gaim such as Rengesa Gishin Saver (Lotus Seat Fake God Saver, fuse with Bujin Gaim's tree), Saver Golden Arms (Kuro Zakuro + Golden, not Kougane's Golden, created from Saver attempt at artificially creating the Golden Fruit), Saver Darkness Arms (Kuro Zakuro + Darkness), Majya (The big bad of Gaim Final Stage), and Skeleton Dinosaur (Great Leader of Badan).

Decade/Tsukasa apparently appear as a cameo helping Mitsuzane when he was attacked mentally by Saver and the other Heisei Riders from Kuuga to Drive and their enemies (funnily, the enemies of Ryuki's world are Kamen Riders instead of Mirror Monsters) are referenced, and the novel pretty much use all of Gaim related movies as materials for the novel. There's also a chronological timeline of Gaim in the last part of the book

No, this isn't some random bot raising a thread from the dead to make dubious claims about knockoff products. We have ligit Gaim news. The Toei Tokusatsu Fan Club has announced that a new Gaim project is being made, which will stream on their platform.

Toei confirmed a few days ago that this new project is indeed a new 'Gaim Gaiden' (side story).

There have already been two of these since the show ended - one split between Zangetsu and Baron, and another focused on Duke and Knuckle. There is, as yet, no word as to whether this one will continue the format of starring two Riders in particular, or who will be returning.

Having said that, a little speculation on my part. Metal Yoshida, who played Oren Pierre Alfronzo a.k.a. Kamen Rider Bravo, is apparently appearing in episode eight of Kamen Rider Saber. While I'm sure that will be a new role, it does mean he's actively working with Toei at a time when they are also making this. So it wouldn't surprise me if Oren at least popped up for a cameo.

Last edited:
Why is every good TV show Cancelled
Wow, I missed that. New character, or still Oren? I guess the Wizard/ Gaim movie shows that you can dimension hop, but that would imply the fruit came back.

But, I wouldn't mind another Gaim movie. The two Gaidens we got were decent & they added to the story a bit.