Kamen Rider Gaim - News/Rumors Thread 2: Suffering Incoming

Shining~
One other mess with the henshin that you guys haven't mentioned : I'm very sure that "heaagh!" sound before Blood Zakuro's chant isn't supposed to be there, and the Blood Orange's chant isn't supposed to go almost right before Blood Zakuro's chant is finished.

Overall, this Gaiden has a LOT of mess in the henshin department.

2. They had the audacity to use the Blood Orange Lockseed, one of the rarest and hardest to find Lockseeds on the secondary market.

That's funny, because back when Drive just started, in my area Blood Orange is like, one of the Lockseeds left that nobody wants to buy, so it's the only one you'll see everywhere.

Otaku University Student
Also, was I the only one that noticed that Knuckle Jimba Maron has a repainted version of OOO Sagohzo Combo's Gorilla Arms?

Oh yeah! I didn't notice that. I though it was kind of cool that they made a reference to how the chestnuts were shelled.

That being said, this movie was WAY better than the first Gaiden, I'm glad I bought it.

I do agree. But not so much in terms of original plot. I enjoyed them far more because it gave more backstory to the characters. Whether or not it's what Urobuchi intended is a different story entirely.

Though, on the whole, I'm kinda disappointed with the Gaim Gaidens... I would have loved to have just more backstory with regard to Yggdrasil or the characters that wasn't told through conflict. Considering that these aren't airing on TV, I don't think it as necessary to come up with these villains that we never heard anything from just for the sake of having an antagonist. As each episode is barely longer than a regular episode, we need to waste a ton of time developing random enemies (rather poorly). Why not just show us Ryouma and Takatora's first trip into Helheim? That would have already been a great story in its own right that could have been thoroughly fleshed out in 30 minutes.

Not to mention, all these random villain outfits could have been used to create a more original design for Duke's Sengoku Driver form.

Last edited:
Raws from Gustavaum are out.. did Zack die along with that Black Baron guy? This honestly felt kinda rushed given that they're both 30 minutes. Wish they were both 1 hour.

K

Kamen Rider IXA

Zack's Gaiden wasn't rushed at all.
Aside from the whole "one year" thing.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! SUBARASHI!!!!
Only had a quick glimpse of the RAW. Duke's version felt quite sinister (villain portrayal was nice) and yeah didn't actually expect to see people blowing up in the screen. Wasn't as interested in Zack's story but it seemed less silly than Baron's. I think overall it's nicer than the first but I felt the post-production with the sound effects was just too sloppy.

Did the Duke part turn out to take place during the show, unlike the early information? There's only a time skip of a few days between the first battle against the new Rider and Duke's rematch with the Energy Lemon lockseed. Although maybe I missed something else?

Last edited:
Extreme Perfect Complete Ultimate !
i heard that there will be another polling for the next gaiden, is that true ?

man, just how many times they're gonna milking this series?? is it that stellar, the gaiden's dvd/BD sales?

Shining~
i heard that there will be another polling for the next gaiden, is that true ?

man, just how many times they're gonna milking this series?? is it that stellar, the gaiden's dvd/BD sales?

Yeah, according to Fruit Rider News tumblr, there's another poll, Jam is STILL on it for whatever reason (how the hell are you going to make a story about Jam?), and this time Gaim is also one of the options. Maybe we'll finally see a Gaim Gaiden that's actually about Gaim? :p

Otaku University Student
Zack's Gaiden wasn't rushed at all.
Aside from the whole "one year" thing.

It wasn't rushed, but it did feel far more contrived to me with regard to Micchi, the Lockseeds, the villain getting his Lockseed and more.

Yeah, according to Fruit Rider News tumblr, there's another poll, Jam is STILL on it for whatever reason (how the hell are you going to make a story about Jam?), and this time Gaim is also one of the options. Maybe we'll finally see a Gaim Gaiden that's actually about Gaim? :p

Gaim Jimber Melon Arms? That's the only thing I want from the series other than a Zangetsu Jimber Melon Arms...