Kamen Rider Gaim - News/Rumors Thread 2: Suffering Incoming

What limitless reserves of money? If you are talking about the clubhouse, I'd point out even Team Gaim had a freaking car in theirs.

Lurker
I don't really think that thing can be used considering it's in a room that's up a flight of stairs, if I'm understanding the arrangement of their base properly. Considering it's a garage (and the vintage look of the car) it might've already been there before they set up base.

Though I suppose there's some sort of money involved since they have a popcorn machine and light-up signs that have their team emblem. Unless we're overthinking the fact that the guys setting up the filming locations for the show just really love decorating. XD

Last edited:
Lurker
Am I missing something that you guys already covered, but the original dance teams were paid for their ranks and winning inves battles. Isn't that why Kouta first quit his 3 random jobs because he was able to help pay rent with his sister? ...or fired...same thing.

Also, Definitely want some sort of wild card boss to come in and make a mess of how everything is going now.

Shining~
Speaking of Team Gaim's base......

I guess I might as well post it here

anyway, so apparently Team Gaim's garage is essentially BatCave.

[hide]
tumblr_n6vhxxKPic1qmd61lo1_1280.jpg
[/hide]

I'm less concerned about the lack of parents and more with the fact that, other than Kaito, Kouta hasn't told anyone else about what happened to Hase. His crew and the other Beat Riders have probably assumed he'd just faded into obscurity after losing his belt and being humiliated by Kaito, but I imagine there are some people (friends/family) actually worried about what happened to him, and maybe even Yuya by extension...

Toku Prince
I'm less concerned about the lack of parents and more with the fact that, other than Kaito, Kouta hasn't told anyone else about what happened to Hase. His crew and the other Beat Riders have probably assumed he'd just faded into obscurity after losing his belt and being humiliated by Kaito, but I imagine there are some people (friends/family) actually worried about what happened to him, and maybe even Yuya by extension...

Yeah, the handling of Hase's death has pissed me off. Other than those involved with Yggdrasil, only Kaito and Kouta know what happened to Hase but haven't said anything. Kouta even meant to tell Jounouchi but it got turned into a bit of a joke scene. Seriously, they missed what was probably the only chance they had at giving Hase some proper closure.

Lurker
I never actually thought of it that way, I thought Hase served his purpose for episode 15 when Kota has a reason to hate Yggdrasill, that seemed to be its ultimate conclusion.

The thing is, my thought on Hase is this: He's just a dude.

Kota doesn't need to dwell on him any more than just as "An innocent life that was lost" because his relationship with Hase basically amounts to "That dopey guy who fought me once", he doesn't see him as a bad guy for it either because, y'know, Kota's optimistic about people.

Jonouchi just seems to see Hase as a guy to push around, and his lamenting of Hase's departure just amounted to him wishing HE wasn't the one being pushed around by Pierre, at least that's how I read it.

And while I am overthinking how Team Raid Wild acts, they don't SEEM to rely on Hase as anything more than a leader, rather than as a friend they show concern for. When his Driver broke they were cheering him on in what looked like a "Don't let us lose!" sort of way. They just call him their leader and nothing more. And with his disappearance they seemed fairly nonplussed compared to Gaim's loss of Yuuya, they just carry on without him with new members showing up later (episode 18 - I read very deeply into these things XD)

But yeah, Hase is a dude. He's got story potential, but I feel they've already used what they could. He just isn't depicted as being close to any particular character on screen so there isn't too much to work with beyond Kota and how he cares about protecting people. At this point I can't see much coming out of telling Jonouchi, actually. :sweat:

Last edited:
Lurker
Just a random question: How angry would Micchi get if someone told him he's not as smart as he thinks he is?

Angry enough to likely blame it all on Kouta and then try and kill him... so really not much of a change :p.

@Malunit_T: I can see your point, and to an extent I agreew with it, but at the same time I think as a fellow Beat Rider, not to mention the first Rider to die in the series, and as being the first demonstration that he deserves a bit more attention than that. I had originally assumed that learning about Hase's death would become the motivation Jonouchi needed to get his act as Gridon together and start becoming a serious hero but obviously that didn't happen. I still think there's potential in Kouta telling him what happened to Hase, if only because they were partners for a majority of the first arc.

Though I guess we might see that, and a revival of the Nut Brothers, in the summer movie :).