Kamen Rider Gaim - News/Rumors Thread 2: Suffering Incoming

Would like to change his avatar
There all in there 20's. The only one you would expect to see is Mitchy and Taketora's father, and that's only because he is the leader of Yggdrasil.

I still wonder if that's who Takatora was talking to on his computer in that one episode, and if the show will actually introduce him as a character.

The show could use some crazy wildcard character like Blade's Tennouji, and being played by a toku vet like he was wouldn't hurt.

I definitely think Kaito will be given the Fruit of Knowledge. There are so many signs pointing to it.
As Minato pointed out, Kouta has a good heart, but has no clue what he is doing, and I would certainly not be comfortable having an all powerful god that had no idea what he was supposed to do.

While Kouta has learned how to be an adult, Kaito is slowly learning how to be a human.

I still wonder if that's who Takatora was talking to on his computer in that one episode, and if the show will actually introduce him as a character.

The show could use some crazy wildcard character like Blade's Tennouji, and being played by a toku vet like he was wouldn't hurt.

Yeah, I would love if got something similar to the Trials from Blade, like a man-made Invess or something. It would certainly be better than just having an "Overlord of the day" as they are doing now.

Last edited:
Red Ranger
I definitely think Kaito will be given the Fruit of Knowledge. There are so many signs pointing to it.
As Minato pointed out, Kouta has a good heart, but has no clue what he is doing, and I would certainly not be comfortable having an all powerful god that had no idea what he was supposed to do.

While Kouta has learned how to be an adult, Kaito is slowly learning how to be a human.

Maybe near the end, the forbidden fruit becomes the Apple Lockseeds, and Gaim and Baron will use those. (It can somewhat assumed Malus has a baron style transformation phrase and Kamuro has a Gaim style one.)

I think the forbidden fruit was already given to Kouta, since the Kiwami Arms embodies all the power of the lock seeds. I don't think the other riders has realised yet that he has gained the fruit, but my guess the overlords do. Rushou wants to use the power of the fruits because he has already used the one he has to survive Helheim, I guess. But he cannot use the one he found because its not his since if he has it all this while why didn't he use it to revives his queen. My guess is Sagara taking the fruit and give it to Kouta puts the fruit in play and its true power can be only be used by the person who has it last with all the others seeking it vanquished. Which means that any one with ambitions will turn against Kouta soon for a battle royale, like Blade.

And I guess it us not a bad thing for Kouta not knowing what to do with his power after its all over bacause all he can see is right now. If right now is not resolved there is no future. The other options for the use of the power afterward is not to use it at all.:)

Lurker
Ages are kind of difficult to say - Kota is a young adult, I think 21 or something? The only ages given on the official site are for the four main Riders and Mai. They're just kind of collectively called "the youth" so I figure a fair age range to guess is... post-high school, pre-collage? That'd mean they're not in school which would make a lot of sense.

As for parents, I can definitely see that being a flaw. Kota's got an excuse at least in that his parents died.

I think the forbidden fruit was already given to Kouta, since the Kiwami Arms embodies all the power of the lock seeds. I don't think the other riders has realised yet that he has gained the fruit,

When we got episode summary scans about the episode the Kiwami Lockseed appears in... the wording was weird, sort of vague if I remember, but it seemed to imply the forbidden fruit was used to create the Kiwami Lockseed, rather than being the actual fruit itself. So if that's the case, no one has it yet.

A second opinion would be nice now that we have summaries on TV-Asahi's site.

Last edited:
This is generally a minor problem with Urobuchi's writing: He's loathe to include characters that aren't in some fashion relevant to the plot, or which might somehow hamper the actions of his characters, which means that quite often people just don't have parents.

I don't see this as a problem to be honest. I don't need to see Mai's parents and Chucky's grandmother and the guy who washes Zack's windows, they're not relevant to the story. It's enough to just assume they exist unless there's significant reason to think they don't.

The only question I would like answered is where Kaito lives and how he can afford to be seemingly unemployed and apparently unsupported financially, since his parents are broke. Team Baron had that swish HQ, so presumably they had some sort of money coming in (perhaps from sponsorship deals?) but Kaito hasn't been part of the team for ages now and yet still seems to have income coming from somewhere, assuming he's not a) living with his parents or b) living on the street in a cardboard box.

^ I just imagined Kaito sitting in a cardboard box with his standard scowl and had to chuckle. :anime:

Lurker
I kinda would like to know exactly what the deal is for Gaim and Baron's hangouts. They refer to Gaim HQ as "the garage" every so often but that's about it.

As for Baron... there was some kind of guidebook released a while back that gave some text about it, but it was mostly covered up by an annoying toku site watermark. All I could make out in katakana was "Car dealer" which meant the location was a car dealership. Not sure if that's just the location it was filmed at or if that's what it's supposed to be in the show, though.

^ I just imagined Kaito sitting in a cardboard box with his standard scowl and had to chuckle. :anime:

I like to imagine he goes home after a hard day of fighting and scowling at people and his mother says "Honey, do you want me to wash your uniform? You've been wearing it for five days straight again, it's starting to smell a little" and he snaps "UGH stop bothering me already! Can't you see I'm busy? God! Yes, please wash it. With the nice fabric softener that smells like cut grass."

I don't see this as a problem to be honest. I don't need to see Mai's parents and Chucky's grandmother and the guy who washes Zack's windows, they're not relevant to the story. It's enough to just assume they exist unless there's significant reason to think they don't.

The only question I would like answered is where Kaito lives and how he can afford to be seemingly unemployed and apparently unsupported financially, since his parents are broke. Team Baron had that swish HQ, so presumably they had some sort of money coming in (perhaps from sponsorship deals?) but Kaito hasn't been part of the team for ages now and yet still seems to have income coming from somewhere, assuming he's not a) living with his parents or b) living on the street in a cardboard box.

I wouldn't call it much of a problem, especially since episodes are quite short and quite plot heavy, and the pacing would drag a bit if we were shown them.

It does sometimes causes a slight strain in believability, like with Homura from Madoka who was a teenage girl who had recovered from a terminal illness literally weeks earlier, and yet seemed to have no parents in sight; or with Kaito and his seemingly limitless reserves of money.