Budou though
they are apples. the apple set. the golden apple and silver apple. i like how it has the black on it instead of the usual silver.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! SUBARASHI!!!!
The Silver Rider has a faceplate similar to Gaim's, interesting. The Gold one looks new to me.

No sign of the third Rider mentioned in last month's scans, I wonder whether that's just Jimber Melon then.

We're up to 17 Riders now, 18 if you want to count the Kurokage Troopers:

1. Gaim
2. Baron
3. Ryugen
4. Zangetsu
5. Gridon
6. Kurokage
7. Bravo
8. Knuckle
9. Zangetsu-Shin
10. Duke
11. Sigurd
12. Marika
13. Bujin Gaim
14. Fifteen
15. Kurokage-Shin
16. Gold Rider
17. Silver Rider

I think Zangetsu-Shin has to count as a different Rider now since 2 people are using it now.

Well if there is a movie war next year Gaim could well take over Hibiki (apparently standing on 19).

Lurker
The Siler Rider has a faceplate similar to Gaim's interesting. The Gold one looks new to me.

No sign of the third Rider mentioned in last month's scans, I wonder whether that's just Jimber Melon then.

1. Gaim
2. Baron
3. Ryugen
4. Zangetsu
5. Gridon
6. Kurokage
7. Bravo
8. Knuckle
9. Zangetsu-Shin
10. Duke
11. Sigurd
12. Marika
13. Bujin Gaim
14. Fifteen
15. Kurokage-Shin
16. Gold Rider
17. Silver Rider

I think Zangetsu-Shin has to count as a different Rider now since 2 people are using it now.

Well if there is a movie war next year Gaim could well take over Hibiki (apparently standing on 19).

18, if you count the third, Gaim-looking one. I'm pretty sure that's not Jimber Melon, since it was under 'New Riders Appearing in the Summer Film'.

Lurker
I get the feeling that was just some poor wording on their part and it was just meant to be "Look at all the things appearing in our movie!"

Choushinsei
The Silver Rider has a faceplate similar to Gaim's, interesting. The Gold one looks new to me.

1. Gaim
2. Baron
3. Ryugen
4. Zangetsu
5. Gridon
6. Kurokage
7. Bravo
8. Knuckle
9. Zangetsu-Shin
10. Duke
11. Sigurd
12. Marika
13. Bujin Gaim
14. Fifteen
15. Kurokage-Shin
16. Gold Rider
17. Silver Rider

TV Asahi's site also counts Lemon Energy Baron as a new Rider (He's listed under the Next Gen Riders section instead of as a form change of Baron) so make that 18-19.

Henshin a Go-Go!!
YAY APPLE RIDERS!

tumblr_ma7u5eaX8a1qz53j7.gif

My one complaint thus far has to be the color choices. I know that its super common for the whole red oni/blue oni thing to come into play when you have a pair of characters especially in anime and toku, but am I the only one who's confused as to why the second guy isn't silver and green?

I feel it should be lookin something like this...
[HIDE]
goldsilverrider_zpsfdd22118.png
[/HIDE]

Last edited:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! SUBARASHI!!!!
TV Asahi's site also counts Lemon Energy Baron as a new Rider (He's listed under the Next Gen Riders section instead of as a form change of Baron) so make that 18-19.

I wouldn't count that as a new Rider, because:

- it's still called Kamen Rider Baron
- TV Asahi is probably separating the Sengoku Driver forms and Genesis Driver forms
- Baron has the same base suit
- He doesn't even go out of suit when switching belts

Lurker
That seems to be the reasoning behind TV-Asahi's sorting, yeah.

Someone pointed out how Zangetsu-Shin and Kurokage-Shin happen to not only be upgrades to existing Riders, but their Energy Lockseeds are also upgrades to existing Lockseeds, which might be why they get the name change. Kind of a weird bit of logic to it, I know, but based on what we seen, it makes some sense I guess?

I kind of treat the -Shin name like I would with any sort of unusual form name. Like how Meteor's new form isn't called Meteor Storm States, it's just Meteor Storm. Or Ixa's form isn't just Rising Form, it's Rising Ixa. -Shin is just like a "This is a special kind of form change" name to me.

Henshin a Go-Go!!
Also, since they're grunts and don't traditionally henshin (or do much of anything really) I feel like we can't count the Troopers as separate riders. Armored Rider Kurokage clearly counts but the Troopers are basically just an army of clones. I feel like the Troopers fall into the same grey area as the Riotroopers.

Lurker
Basically, yeah - Their official name is just "Kurokage Trooper", or no name at all in the case of the show, no Kamen/Armored Rider title.

EDIT: Someone pointed out that the silver apple'd one might be based on the armor of Toyotomi Hideyoshi, seen here. I have to admit, I didn't think a head piece this similar actually existed. :laugh:

Last edited: