Kamen Rider Gaim - Lock 13 "The Friendship Tag Team of Gaim and Baron!"

Disappear into light!!
Oren was useless because he couldn't take care of the Beat Riders and now Takatora had to do it himself.

Also, a concrete reason for why Yggdrasil distribute the Lockseeds and the Drivers. They wanted to make the poor kids the scapegoat all along!

Takatora hiring Oren was an interesting development... but why? Couldn't Zangetsu take out the Beat Riders himself? I mean, he showed up at the same place. What was the point of hiring Oren? Speaking of Bravo, good fight scenes and hilarious video broadcast.

Helps develop this "children vs. adult" theme they've had going for awhile. It further demonizes these "stupid kids" for "bringing all this awfulness to their city", and now we have a proper adult giving out the lessons the parents wish they could to these rebellious Beat Riders.

And man, here we can see Kaito just thinks about power, nothing else. :laugh: "Hey, you guys are responsible for all the sickness in the city! Get outta here!"
"Yeah, but we took this stage with power. If you think you can take it back..."
What a goddamn child. :laugh:

That's the most I've ever liked Kaito. Not that he was thinking about it at the time, but I did kind of want him to force those adults to get lost. I mean, **** them. Seriously. You brought all this on yourself when you allowed Yggdrasil to come to your city and basically steamroll it over, taking what made it unique away and making it into their own personal petri dish. You didn't ask ANY questions when these monsters and even the children of the city start waving about big, dangerous weapons and having FAR too much power than they should've. You thought it was a game until it inconvenienced you.

Even now they're still being incomprehensibly ignorant. They just want someone to blame for their troubles--NO ONE'S stopped to ask how these children GOT the fucking Seeds in the first place. It would be a plot hole, except it mirrors fairly accurately how that would've gone in real life. Nobody ever stops to ask the important questions.

Re: Hase--I kind of figured that. I love that this series doesn't wait to allow a plot point to develop because it's got so much ground to cover. The moment you saw Hase lose not only his powers, but his team, it was important. That was the first time the Beat Rider game had done anything even the slightest bit significant, going so far as to actually eliminate a team. The dance thing was only ever a brief little side-thing, so its only a matter of time before Gaim and Baron are the only ones, and I doubt they'll have time to do much dancing.

"Training."
Kaito just keeps on talking about power and using ones strength to rule over everything. The problem is that he just keeps on getting his ass kicked. Thats one thing I don't like about his character.

Kaito: I'll show you true strength!

*Gets his ass kicked*

Kaito: POKER FACE POKER FACE POKER FACE

A simple passerby...
Kaito just keeps on talking about power and using ones strength to rule over everything. The problem is that he just keeps on getting his ass kicked. Thats one thing I don't like about his character.

*Gets his ass kicked*

That's because Kouta's the hero. Which is why I preferred if they showed this story from Kaito's point of view. Would have been much more fun to see his every day life. But showing it from Kouta's just means it's going to be more silly, so when he really does grow up, he'll be on Kaito's level. This is like Naruto catching up to Sasuke lol.

Disappear into light!!

*Gets his ass kicked*

Just asking now, how do you expect for him to act, after getting defeated multiple times? Do you expect for him to whine about it and become annoying? Or lose his balls and become weak?

I like that about Kaito, actually. The way that he's very steady and his convictions in his beliefs, and will not let getting beaten down get to him in any way. Kaito seems like someone who's not easily perturbed by failure or defeat. Probably in part because he already suffered the worst defeat in his life during his childhood.

A simple passerby...
Just asking now, how do you expect for him to act, after getting defeated multiple times? Do you expect for him to whine about it and become annoying? Or lose his balls and become weak?

I like that about Kaito, actually. The way that he's very steady and his convictions in his beliefs, and will not let getting beaten down get to him in any way. Kaito seems like someone who's not easily perturbed by failure or defeat. Probably in part because he already suffered the worst defeat in his life during his childhood.

This, especially. I relate well to Kaito because he and I faced the same thing. I see it as a sign of not giving in, because these people are the people he doesn't want to spend time with i.e. Kouta, Oren, Takatora. He just wants his happy place back. You do realise that most people turn to drugs and alcohol to keep them happy, but this is a guy that's got only his dream, in this series, the "shared dream" is to just own a dance stage. Hase being lured back to the Fruit was like addiction 101. You think about all the people that have the "stuff" so you try to get back in (relapse). That's why your surrounding shapes your way of thinking. It's society's fault that the Beat Riders existed in the first place. Because they accepted Money (Yggdrasil) as their ruler, they were smucked into a society that hides the truth. Good thing my father taught me how business works and some Law courses, otherwise I wouldn't have come to the solution that I have today that people think money is power, but real power is the actions of the people in the community. It just takes time for people to understand you, and unfortunately for the Beat Riders, they don't have the money to buy Propaganda to have enough time to fill the Citizen's way of thinking that the Beat Riders are the villain.

It's all about who's the guy who came here first, understand humanity, and knows how to use people's lack of humility to their fullest. That's why kids should listen to what their parents have to say. Because they know. In my language, we have a phrase for it. It translates to something along the lines of "Your elders have bathed in hot water before you have, so they know the limit it should be." That's why they warn you so you don't happen to boil when you do decide to jump in that tub you just filled.

Man, Micchy's upbringing is kinda flawed. Has too much money. When a kid has that kinda money, you never know what he's going to spend it with. Sure he's free, but set a limit, so he never leads astray. I blame this on the parents for letting the kids do as they like too much. In Thai culture, if a kid doesn't have a proper manners, they don't say "that kid has a problem", they say "hasn't his/her parents ever taught them any manners and how to act properly in public?". The blame is on your parents. Not you. That's why adults feel the need to lecture younger kids. Sure personal experiences are a different case, some people do get away with some things, but that means they'll have never learned how they got away with it in order to replicate the process if they just sit back, chill and just think "man I got lucky." Point is, if there's more of a chance for you to get hit by a truck any day more so than you winning the lottery, then it probably means you're only alive because you haven't begun to learn anything new yet. A person who does not make mistakes has never tried to do anything new. Micchy made the worst: Buying Power his own family has been feeding to the city, and now he might not even have a chance at that girl he likes nor can he convince his best friend that all of this is somehow his fault for being part of the family. Bleh.

Am I the only one who finds Kaito hilarious? This is a man who seems to spend all of his time either ranting about social darwinism in a fruit parlour or, for a change of pace, ranting about social darwinism in his team's inexplicably slick base (where are you getting all this money from, unemployed poor guy?). He's somehow got it into his head that being the most popular dance team in the city will give him the economic and political power to take down an enormous corporation, and he talks like he swallowed an Ayn Rand book. He's the funniest character in the entire show, everything he does brings me joy.

In Justice, We Trust!
Am I the only one who finds Kaito hilarious? This is a man who seems to spend all of his time either ranting about social darwinism in a fruit parlour or, for a change of pace, ranting about social darwinism in his team's inexplicably slick base (where are you getting all this money from, unemployed poor guy?). He's somehow got it into his head that being the most popular dance team in the city will give him the economic and political power to take down an enormous corporation, and he talks like he swallowed an Ayn Rand book. He's the funniest character in the entire show, everything he does brings me joy.

The fact that people actually fear the big bad banana man was great too.

I know i got a kick out of seeing those civvies almost wetting themselves at the sight of Baron:laugh:

The Wind Of Justice
The fact that people actually fear the big bad banana man was great too.

I know i got a kick out of seeing those civvies almost wetting themselves at the sight of Baron:laugh:
:laugh: Now that is one of the best moments in the show.

*Gets his ass kicked*

So far Baron has only managed to win his battles through outnumbering the enemies (tag teaming with Gaim) or picking on mooks

I still remember the last episode when he conquered Hase's stage. Kaito was all "I can't stand those weaklings pretending to be strong." Man, if I don't know better, I thought he was talking about himself. I mean, picking on a team without a belt makes you strong? Beating those mini Inves makes you strong? Seriously?

And I would take Kaito more seriously if he actually has the skills to back up all his backup boost, but no he doesn't have it. Instead he has the endless losing streaks (and getting his ass kicked by Zangetsu Shin again next episode) but somehow, all the defeats fail to register to him, that, maybe he isn't that good? Yet after getting his ass kicked nonstop almost every episode, he somehow can keep talking like he is the top of the world the next episode. I would expect him to mellow up, or at least improves until he has the skills to back it up.

Kaito is the same as the Hase with their losing streaks. The only difference is that Kaito is the designated secondary rider and so we somehow have to take him seriously because he's the real badass. It's just unfortunate that the show so far fail to show his badassness (and more of his pettiness)