Kamen Rider Gaim - Lock 13 "The Friendship Tag Team of Gaim and Baron!"

Another fantastic episode, lots of stuff going on.

The tone was... darker for sure. The first scene with the news report definitely had a sense of realistic urgency, something I feel we haven't seen in a while in Rider.

But man, Yggdrasil expecting this sickness, and keeping information back from the public to suppress panic. And then blaming it on the Beat Riders. Very nice move of them. Propaganda at it's finest. Though DJ Sagara is pretty smart to think they are underestimating the Beat Riders...

Takatora hiring Oren was an interesting development... but why? Couldn't Zangetsu take out the Beat Riders himself? I mean, he showed up at the same place. What was the point of hiring Oren? Speaking of Bravo, good fight scenes and hilarious video broadcast.

And man, here we can see Kaito just thinks about power, nothing else. :laugh: "Hey, you guys are responsible for all the sickness in the city! Get outta here!"
"Yeah, but we took this stage with power. If you think you can take it back..."
What a goddamn child. :laugh:

Scene in the hospital was surprisingly eerie. And really serious.

Gaim Banana arms was cool, so was Zangetsu's fight with the bigass dragon. Gaim hasn't disappointed me in the action side of things yet.

And finally, Hase becoming an Invess was all kinds of craaaazy. Kind of reminds me of that Leo Imagin from Den-O

Because wearing fruit for clothes can be cool but the moment you use a spear like a sword you're just gonna look stupid.

I think it's a little ridiculous to call the suit actor "an idiot". There are action/stunt coordinators, choreographers, and a hell of a lot of crew there that make these fights. It's not just the suit actor who does everything. And saying "idiot" is a little harsh.

Takatora hiring Oren as a propaganda tool will work. Since he's not a Beat Rider, Yggdrasill will use him a "hero" to get rid of both the Riders & Inves. And Zawame will love them for it.

Hiring Oren is a way of getting him under control I bet. I mean, if Bravo actually tried, I'm betting even with the Energy Arms, Takatora would still have a rough time of it. So, what do you do with something you can't take or destroy? You buy it. It nets them another strong fighter AND removes his wild card status. Win, win.

Takatora hiring Oren as a propaganda tool will work. Since he's not a Beat Rider, Yggdrasill will use him a "hero" to get rid of both the Riders & Inves. And Zawame will love them for it.

Hiring Oren is a way of getting him under control I bet. I mean, if Bravo actually tried, I'm betting even with the Energy Arms, Takatora would still have a rough time of it. So, what do you do with something you can't take or destroy? You buy it. It nets them another strong fighter AND removes his wild card status. Win, win.

Both are pretty good explanations. Scene doesn't seem so weird to me now. :buttrock:

In Justice, We Trust!
Takatora hiring Oren was an interesting development... but why? Couldn't Zangetsu take out the Beat Riders himself? I mean, he showed up at the same place. What was the point of hiring Oren? Speaking of Bravo, good fight scenes and hilarious video broadcast.

I think the point of making Bravo a hero was again because of propaganda, due to the fact that he's the only Armoured Rider not associated with any of the groups. I figured that if Bravo could be seen as someone "Fighting for the people" it would make it much easier for Yggdrasail to get ordinary folk to do whatever they want because Bravo says it's the right thing to do.

And man…this episode was fantastic. They keep raising the stakes each episode…I could've sworn this episode was the final one if not 2nd to last just due to the tone and how much it shakes up the status quo.

I think the point of making Bravo a hero was again because of propaganda, due to the fact that he's the only Armoured Rider not associated with any of the groups. I figured that if Bravo could be seen as someone "Fighting for the people" it would make it much easier for Yggdrasail to get ordinary folk to do whatever they want because Bravo says it's the right thing to do.

And man…this episode was fantastic. They keep raising the stakes each episode…I could've sworn this episode was the final one if not 2nd to last just due to the tone and how much it shakes up the status quo.

Yeah, I see what you mean. That definitely makes sense, considering the scene when Bravo fought the Invess and the civilians watching started cheering him on, thinking he is the hero. It's a good way to manipulate the civilians for sure. I think what threw me off was Zangetsu saying Bravo useless later in the episode.

And yeah, I agree with you! Gaim has done a really good job keeping things fresh (pun fully intended) each week.