Kamen Rider Gaim - Lock 05 "Return! The Ichigo Arms of Friendship"

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
This series is amazing so far. I really hope they can keep up this pace! I really want a Sengoku Driver now >< dangit. Kaito's little speach to Junouchi was cool, where he mentions how 'weak people who are not content with the situation are not really weak'. That was pretty nifty.

Kurokage is really cool looking!

Glad I dont watch previews. Didnt expect to see those 2 new guys so soon.

Those two guys actually didn't show up in last episode's preview so I was surprised as well. Well played TOEI, well played!

"Training."
Time for Micchi to use his money and invest in some gun training at a private shooting range etc!

Shining~
(yes, that's a longsword, not a spear)

nope, that's a spear. A jousting spear, to be exact.

Which is used by European knights, that, guess what, is exactly what Baron is based on.

a good example of a knight with similar spear as Baron would be the Digimon Gallantmon/Dukemon. His main weapon, Gram, is specifically referred as a lance/spear, not a sword (despite "Gram" being the name of a sword :p )

lol 1st tear, 2nd tear, 3rd tear. I'd take w/e.

I think you meant "tier"?

Last edited:
Disappear into light!!
nope, that's a spear. A jousting spear, to be exact.

Which is used by European knights, that, guess what, is exactly what Baron is based on.

a good example of a knight with similar spear as Baron would be the Digimon Gallantmon/Dukemon. His main weapon, Gram, is specifically referred as a lance/spear, not a sword (despite "Gram" being the name of a sword :p )

:laugh:Haha, that's true, but at least Gallantmon uses his to stab and thrust, like you do with a spear. I am mainly referring to how Baron goes swinging with the thing, like it's supposed to have a bladed edge. A spearman uses range and thrusting maneuvers, not running up to someone's face and bashing them upside the head with a long weapon that is mostly blunt.

"Training."
To me the spear looks weird in action. The suit actor looks like he has difficulty swinging it. Baron should've got a sword instead. It would look better going up against Gaim's katana.

However...Zangetsu's shield would make more sense on Baron and Zangetsu's special weapon should've been a big katana.

Last edited:
Lurker
^I actually like that idea. But then again we all agree that Baron should had gotten some other weapon instead of a lance that is being used like a sword. But yeah, was the whole "knight of spear" thing decided before they decided on what weapon to give him?

Ryuki stalled midway? I thught Ryuki took ages to get going. IMO it only got interesting once they introduced Zolda and Ouja. I'm not fully onboard with Ryugen yet either. The fruit armour didn't integrate itself with the undersuit design as well as it appeared to in the pictures (lots of stiff panels that go bouncing around as he moves). Plus the character is just a little kid trying to impress a girl. Hopefully he'll grow on me though. Strawberry Arms was much more impressive, but unfortunately got outshined within minutes by the two new guys and their Arms. :sweat:

Ryuki picked up after Zolda and Ouja came into the picture but then just stall it's way through after Raia's departure, or somewhere around that. It just went on with the "Shinji losing resolves, gains resolve, lose resolves, and gains resolve again!" I actually felt that it was boring by the time I reached the time venting with Odin.

Micchi himself I have no problems with. I actually like him. Just his suit :p Though it's true he's just trying to impress a girl by jumping blindly into danger, at least he's trying to fight.

Last edited:
To me the spear looks weird in action. The suit actor looks like he has difficulty swinging it. Baron should've got a sword instead. It would look better going up against Gaim's katana.

However...Zangetsu's shield would make more sense on Baron and Zangetsu's special weapon should've been a big katana.

My guess is Baron's suit actor, Eitoku hasn't grasped the art of using a spear. Not to mention that most of recent series usually came up with sword or gun for the Riders. I doubt if Takaiwa is the one that dons the Baron suit, his acting wouldn't make much difference (okay, it's a lie. Takaiwa could easily reuses his old Wizard swordplay with a little bit alteration).

Just give it a time. It's been a long time since we got a Rider that not using a sword or gun or axe as his main weapon. The closest Rider we have that uses a similar weapon like spear is probably Knight's javelin. I don't remember if there's another Rider who uses a spear....

Disappear into light!!
Takaiwa did a good job with Den-O Rod Form's spear/rod/fishing rod. And Eitoku used a twin spear quite well as Urataros. And it's clear Eitoku fared better with a bo staff than with Jeet Kune Do with Meteor.

Really, what the stunt teams were going for(and always been going for) is something that looks cool. And Baron does look cool and regal, with the way he stands and fights. It's just in no way fits the moniker of "knight of the spear" and the weapon he uses. For me, this is not a critique or a knock against the show, simply an amusing observation.

Aronbafon
Still a shame he didn't become the KNÃGHT ÖF SWÖRD instead.

You could easily make a banana peel motive on a bigass claymore. And that would probably work better for the suit actors. "Here's a sword, swing it around with both hands and look cool while doing it."