With Takatora "gone" , Micchi has nothing to hold him back. To where even Kaito told Kouta that the person he knew doesn't exist anymore. However Kouta doesn't want to repeat the mistake he made with Yuya.

I get how Kouta couldn't get Micchy, but how couldn't Kaito? Kaito doesn't care about Micchy, is a better fighter than Micchy, is stronger than Micchy, and has equipment around the same level as Micchy. Stat wise, Baron Lemon Energy Arms is stronger than Zangetsu Shin Melon Energy Arms.

Lemon Energy Arms basically doesn't exist for Urobuchi's script, aside from its debut. I've been saying this for a while. The signs are all there. Before this insanity power up and Kaito's wound, Lemon Baron was already unable to beat Micchy as Zangetsu Shin (when he called Kouta to the empty warehouse and attacked), even though Banana Baron could easily beat Ryugen. The one actual victory Baron has had as Lemon Baron (forcing Demushu to escape after Kouta was wounded) had him fighting right alongside Knuckle, who's even weaker than standard Baron and somehow was still useful in the battle. So, Banana Baron would work just fine there.

Remember, it's an unplanned power up. Urobuchi seemingly changed his script to give it a significant debut, but afterwards I really think that he's basically writing Sengoku Driver Baron.

You mention stats there, but Lemon Baron only has some easy to write in numbers in his profile, not a full description of his components and abilities like the other Riders and forms, which is yet another sign that it's not getting treated like them.

Last edited:
Now, count up your crimes!
I suppose all these interruptions may have forced Urobutchi to make things go faster. Even then, trying to take Micchy as a legitimate threat in this episode is just so forced. Especially when he's not that much of a skilled fighter compared to the others.

Lurker
Personally, I would've used the excuse that the wound Reydue gave him could've held Kaito back and made Kouta holding back a bit more prevalent. Use the old noggin Urobuchi :p Though I guess points of Kouta holding back could be addressed in the next episode.

Last edited:
Personally, I would've used the excuse that the wound Reydue gave him could've held Kaito back and made Kouta holding back a bit more prevalent. Use the old noggin Urobuchi :p Though I guess points of Kouta holding back could be addressed in the next episode.

I don't see why they would have to address that. Did you not see Kouta point the DJ Jyuu at Mitchi's face before hesitating?

As for Kaito, yeah, that's a weird one.

It's a matter of perception then: I don't consider the monster Kouta killed in the 1st episode as his friend Yuuya anymore because a fully turned inves cannot be reverted back to be human again
And what you think is not relevant for the plot of Gaim. Kouta has from the episode he learned that the first Inves he killed was Yuuya has been adamant that what he killed was his friend. And that belief has driven his entire mission to destroy the rule of the necessity of such sacrifices for hope and survival on any scale.

Seriously?? Anyway, you must've meant the other way around: restoring all the Inves back to the humans. Regarding bringing back the dead, as far as the story goes, Redue has only used the combination of human technology, Femshinmu magic, and human bodies (as sacrifices) to revive Roshuo's lover.

The fruit in essence can grant one wish that the one who obtained it had. Roshuo thought it could resurrect his Queen and he used the one created for his people to allow them to become Overlords. I don't see how it can't be used to turn everyback into humans when it's essentially a deux ex machina plot device that can do anything.

We all know that Mitchy's sudden prowless is a load of nonsense, but as far as I see it, it's for the story.
If Kouta and Kaito did finish him off, then Mai would be rescued, and she wouldn't be brought to Rosyuo, who will most likely use her to revive his queen. And that would interrupt Redyue's plan of getting the Forbidden fruit.
So as much as Mitchy's sudden power up is concerned, it seems necessary to build up toward a climatic final battle with Kouta against him and the Overlords.

Kaito's been kind of weird lately (well, he's been weird all throughout, but since teaming up with Gaim, it's a different kind of weird). He's the guy who goes by the power philosophy, and yet he's the same guy that would step out of the way to let Kouta do his thing.

Maybe it's just me, but it feels like someone who believes in absolute power and grabbing it for yourself would be the one who aggressively pursues the kill, but most of the time he leaves Kouta to do the finishing. He's usually content with using his finishers that are mostly strategic tools to hinder the enemy.

Strategically sound, but it keeps up the idea, to me, that his philosophy is a parody.

Lurker
gaim37release.jpg

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh mitchi just shown truly he's snapped like pinapple arms rofl seriously dude is goneeeeeeee and this was a great episode

Blade Adept
For an episode called the "Return of the Professor", Ryoma barely mattered in it.

I'm at a loss as to why Kouta and Kaito were just idly standing there as the arrow attack goes through illusion Takatora straight at them. Why on earth would - in particular - Kaito not take the opportunity while Micchy is charging his attack, to blindside him?

I'll echo what has been said about Mitsuzane's sudden new battle prowess. It's well and good having him symbolically break out of what he saw to be Takatora's shadow, and head down another flight of stairs closer to the nadir, but Micchy has never been about brute fighting ability. If anything, he's a tactical saboteur, and it would have suited him better if he managed to disarm his opponent's Lockseeds than to inexplicably block two rider's final form attacks on the spot.

On another note, shouldn't Kouta's sister be long dead by now? And what has happened to his two friends after Redyue walked in on them? Wouldn't charging into the husk of Yggdrasil next week be a tad too late?