Maybe if Urobuchi is fired and Inoue comes back to write the last half a dozen episodes.

"Training."
Because Micchy is his friend. He is not a corporate suit or a faceless goon or a guy in a labcoat like Zangetsu, Sid or Ryoma. He was part of Team Gaim for more than half the series whom Kouta and Mai trusted and considered one of their own. It would be ridiculous and out of character for Kouta to have him shoot Zangetsu in the face with the DJ Gun knowing full well who it was in the face.

Even after knowing what Micchy is capable of and also the bad he has been doing throughout the second half of the series? He is just as bad as those guys (and may be worse).

But I guess it would be consistent with his character as Kouta always try to see the good in people.

Last edited:
I like Gaim and all but ever since 35 the pacing feels sloppy.

Now, I didn't mind this episode... but it didn't really feel like it moved anything forward at all.

Yes, stuff happened, but it was stuff that should've happened already. The only real new development was Ryoma's return, but that was super brief.

That first fight with Duke was great though, and I loved the camera angle they used for Gaim's transformation.

Rest of the episode was pretty much a reiteration of every characters motivations since a long time ago. The dialogue doesn't reveal much, and the characters haven't changed in forever.

Well, minus Mitchi. He finally snapped. But apparently snapping means you get a power boost? That last fight was bull.

The acting was great though, when he was arguing with hallucination-Takatora.

Man, I feel so sorry for Peco. He got wrecked! If only he had that genesis driver...

Next episode at least looks a little more exciting.

Micchi really doesn't deserve friends like Kouta & Mai. Since they haven't given up on him. However he is so deranged that he belives that hope is nothing but a disease and that it's more heroic to sacrifice billions of people just to save a few. But the reality is that he sold out the human race to the Overlords. And if he thinks that Mai would just accept that. He'll need more than just a slap in the face.

The new Tendou Souji
That's because Leo Zodiart was a badass while Micchy is a dipshit.

True, Yokoyama is a cool guy; I just find the similarity between what happened with them two to be kinda funny.

It would be even more out of character for Kouta to shoot or kill Micchy since that would go against everything he believed in and fought for.

/nodnod
Agreed.

Not gonna lie though, I like how Mitchi basically went through the opposite character development Takatora went through. When he called Peco "garbage" I remember Takatora back in the Beat Riders arc calling the kids garbage. It's a pretty cool parallel between the two, so I liked that.

And I guess while Grape-Zangetsu's power boost makes absolutely no sense, it ups Mitchi's chance as being the final boss cause he is actually formidable now.

Kouta's determination has been since Kachidoki Arms was introduced was to prevent the mistake that he made in the beginning when he killed the Inves form of Yuuya and choose the lives of himself and Mai over that of Yuuya. The current situation essentially mirrors the one he was confronted with in the very beginning: facing a personal friend and member of Team Gaim driven out of his mind and bent on killing him, but he is forewarned this time.

How could you compare Yuuya's situation and Micchi's?

- In Yuuya's situation (Kouta vs Yuuya eps. 1), Kouta did not have any idea about the real identity behind that inves. He fought simply in order to survive. He had psychologically nothing holding him back to fight. He only knew about the identity of that monster much episodes later (eps. 22) thanks to Takatora. Not to mention that Yuuya only attacked Kouta because his mind had completely lost forever thanks to his turning into an inves.

- On the other hand, Micchi's situation (Kouta vs Micchi eps. 38) is completely different than that of Yuuya's, Kouta currently knows the opponent he fights is his friend (Micchi) so of course that fact has held him back to fight. Plus, as far as Micchi's insanity goes, his mind has not completely lost because he has not transformed into an inves just like Yuuya did. It makes sense that Kouta still thinks that his "talk no hissatsu" will eventually convince Micchi. Even if Micchi did turn into an inves and finally totally lost it, Kouta could still not kill Micchi, if you considered Hase's case (where Kouta were not able to kill him).

However he is so deranged that he belives that hope is nothing but a disease and that it's more heroic to sacrifice billions of people just to save a few. But the reality is that he sold out the human race to the Overlords.

Well, as bad as Micchi currently is, at least he has not completely lost it just like Yuuya or Hase.

So next episode is when Gaim and co break into the Yggdrasill tower? I hope Ryoma can snatch another Genesis Driver and give it to Peko. There's literally no reason why he can't have one when the production team doesn't even use the Kurokage Trooper suits anymore!

So next episode is when Gaim and co break into the Yggdrasill tower? I hope Ryoma can snatch another Genesis Driver and give it to Peko. There's literally no reason why he can't have one when the production team doesn't even use the Kurokage Trooper suits anymore!

Haha yeah. Hey, it might just happen though, since some movie elements end up in the show.

And I feel like Kouta is still trying to put the blame on the Overlords for Mitchi's change. I can understand how Kouta feels about Mitchi and why he isn't willing to believe he is fully "evil", and it's very much in his character to do so. But it is frustrating that Kouta still justifies Mitchi as being lonely and hurt by manipulating people even after he's pretty much found proof that he killed Takatora. The dialogue just makes Kouta sound ignorant and stupid.

Also, I like how the opening narration just says Takatora was thrown into the water instead of "he died". Toei's really playing with us here.

-
How could you compare Yuuya's situation and Micchi's?

- In Yuuya's situation (Kouta vs Yuuya eps. 1), Kouta did not have any idea about the real identity behind that inves.

See

The current situation essentially mirrors the one he was confronted with in the very beginning: facing a personal friend and member of Team Gaim driven out of his mind and bent on killing him, but he is forewarned this time.

The difference is that face with the same situation, but knowing what he does and going through what he did, Kouta didn't pull the trigger and he stayed true to his his words to DJ Sagara about not making those types of sacrifices like what he did to Yuuya. That is the difference and shows the level of commitment he has to his dream.

- On the other hand, Micchi's situation (Kouta vs Micchi eps. 38) is completely different than that of Yuuya's,

Micchi has lost his mind and now recognizes Kouta as his enemy. The only difference is that instead of eating some magical fruit like it did for Yuuya, it was instead several dozen episodes of bad choices, lies, delusions and bad examples such as Sid and Redyue that was what took Micchi to this spot. Yes it's different, but the parallels are there.

Last edited: