Does anyone really care what happened to the US anyway? I mean, really?

I'm pretty sure people living in the US would care? You might as well ask if anyone cares what happened to Zimbabwe.

At any rate, the entire idea (and execution) behind the missiles was so stupid. It's best to suspend disbelief on that one.

What would you have done?

Gaim 35:

- It's funny seeing Rika in a skirt and sweater rather than than that dancer getup.

- "And America is probably loathe to commit a second careless act."

First of all, America has barely featured in this show beyond just another foreign country, unless it was the one who sent those missiles (which I was under the impression was some international decision.) Second, granted that the Arab Winter and the chaos on the southern border might lend weight to Yoko's statement, what's the idea behind putting that line in the show? I might buy that Urobochi is inserting some real-word commentary, but in the context of the story it doesn't make much sense. You mean other countries aren't reckless? This is the 100th anniversary of an event nations other than America began where "careless" is an understatement.

- I like how Mai drops money on the counter rather than simply taking the stuff, even though the store owners are likely long gone or dead. That's a nice thing to see.

- "And America is probably loathe to commit a second careless act."

When is that line said? I really don't remember it. Anyway, it was America that launched the missiles, that's why Roshuo sent them back to America as reported in a brief news scene.

What would you have done?

One missile (or a couple more), that's actually a nuke (or other high-tonnage bomb), that actually detonates in the air (or gets intercepted high in the air), and Roshuo still stops it. Strategic bombers would work, too.

The problem with the missile scene is that "strategic missiles" are meant to destroy specific targets. In the show they were all over the place targetting random stuff. Then, missiles that are meant to destroy areas detonate high in the air, not on impact.

One missile (or a couple more), that's actually a nuke (or other high-tonnage bomb), that actually detonates in the air (or gets intercepted high in the air), and Roshuo still stops it. Strategic bombers would work, too.

The problem with the missile scene is that "strategic missiles" are meant to destroy specific targets. In the show they were all over the place targetting random stuff. Then, missiles that are meant to destroy areas detonate high in the air, not on impact.

In this case, either it's a Critical Research Failure or, as I like to call it, Rule of Effect. Where, yes, it's not necessarily realistic, but it gets the point across better, that point here being that, people are desperate and afraid and that Roshuo is insanely powerful. So, while not as REALISTIC, I do believe the way the show handled it is more EFFECTIVE.

Sure, your way is probably the logical one, but it doesn't look as good, and for a visual medium, appearances are vital. Otherwise, you might as well just listen to the radio.