Lurker
They weren't nukes they were intercontinental ballistic missiles. Nukes would have been overkill since they just wanted to blow up Zawame not the rest of Japan.

Does anyone really care what happened to the US anyway? I mean, really?

(The answer, naturally, is 'destroyed by the Inves, just like everywhere else whose name doesn't start with 'Z' and end with 'awame City'. It's pretty safe to say that the fruitpocalypse has happened.)

They weren't nukes they were intercontinental ballistic missiles. Nukes would have been overkill since they just wanted to blow up Zawame not the rest of Japan.

ICBMs are nukes, unless they are to be a delivery for bio or chemo warheads but mostly nukes. And they are not trying to destroy a small island but and an infection can destroy the world, a "beach head" of an alien invasion hoping by destroying Zawame to scorch earth they'll close the portal. Who cares if the world will go to a nuclear winter afterwards. And even though its stupid, it can happen. :disappoin

In the show? It got mentioned before, when Ryouma was mentioning about how the Sengoku Drivers will eventually replace people's need for food sustenance.

I definitely caught the episode where Kouta said he wasn't hungry because he had the belt on but this time around it seemed like he wasn't wearing it at all and seems to have a distaste for human food.

I feel like this little piece of info, though so small & maybe no one really caught on to it, has a significant meaning to Kouta's evolution as an Overlord.

Yeah, the cause is probably half the Driver slowly making him addicted to Lockseeds due to using the feature repeatedly, and half the transformation into an Overlord slowly making him not interested in normal foods anymore.

Now I wonder if we'll ever going to see a scene of Kouta having an interest to eat a raw Lockseed fruit despite wearing a Driver.....that would be a major hint for his transformation into an Overlord.
That's what I'm thinking too!

I wonder what will become of Kouta? Did anyone notice when at the Fruit Bar with Minato and Kaito, Kouta mentioned that he in fact hasn't eaten anything at all the whole day? Is he slowly becoming an Overlord? I notice it was something no one really brought up, though small, I wonder what it means. Anyone have ideas/opinions about this? Just thought I bring it up. AWESOME series by far!!
Yeah, the cause is probably half the Driver slowly making him addicted to Lockseeds due to using the feature repeatedly, and half the transformation into an Overlord slowly making him not interested in normal foods anymore.
I dunno. I'd hate for the big twist at the end of the series to be the exact same one as previously used by Blade and OOO. I can't say it's a plot device I really care for. Of course, I haven't seen any of Urubuchi's anime, so for all I know it could be one of his favourite things to do :sly:

Kouta's got a lot on his mind and is really worried about the s#!+ they're in. Stuff like that does tend to kill people's appetites. Or it could just be because the "feeding" effect of a lockseed is greater the more powerful it is, and he's been regularly using the most powerful 'seed in existance. I don't know if it's quite enough of a thing yet to say they're doing the 'turning into a monster' plot again.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I don't know if it's quite enough of a thing yet to say they're doing the 'turning into a monster' plot again.

Given that Sagara talked about how Kouta would have to become an Overlord to take the fruit, with the scene making it clear that something bad would happen if he took Kiwami, I think it's likely. People have already spoken about how Kouta's fighting style changes while using Kiwami. Also (potentially big spoiler for future episodes, refers to episode summaries out in Japan, don't read if you don't want to know)

[HIDE]The summary for ep37 indicates Kaito is scratched by Redyue in the next episode and is worried about turning into an Inves/Overlord. If he does, it's very likely Kouta will too[/HIDE]

Lurker
I really like that Roshou's reasoning for accelerating the invasion was mercy. I love how much dimension they are giving him, but that scene pretty much guarantees that he's not going to be the final boss.

Gaim playing matador with his cape against Grinsha and promptly overwhelming him with Baron, while also using the Sonic Arrow in tandem with him, was pretty awesome :thumbs:.

Still waiting for that Rider Kick Finisher though :169:.

While I don't doubt that eventually Roshuo will be in a position where Gaim will have to fight him, though not as the final boss, I can at least understand that while his actions are detrimental to the human race, he means no true malice behind them. All he truly cares for is reviving his queen, his lover, not ruling the world or annihilating an entire race. And because he sees humanity as carrying the same folly that doomed his race, he gives them what he perceives as a mercy by hastening Hellheim so that they won't have to wait for a long, arduous, and inevitable end. Can't wait for when he finally meets Kouta :).

Oh, hey Rika and Rat. I'd completely forgotten about you guys :sweat:.

I can't imagine Redyue finding them trying to free Akira will go over very well... and I can see it leading to something that will make Micchy realize that joining together with a monster like Redyue was not a good idea :redface2:.

Glad to see we dodged an Inoue with Takatora seeing Minato alongside Kouta and Kaito. Takatora is too smart to let something like that color his opinion of Kouta and ruin their budding bromance :anime:.

In Kouta's defense, while he's completely dense when it comes to proper strategy and Micchy's true nature, he did intend to confront Micchy about what Kaito and Minato had said about him. He's naive and idealistic, but not completely stupid or totally oblivious, and that's likely what's going to keep him fighting even after Micchy's reveal.

Speaking of... it was great to have have Micchy finally reveal the truth, almost cathartic, and his entire speech to Kouta about Kouta's "hope" shows just how badly Micchy's fallen, how messed up he's become, and why he hates Kouta so much now. Micchy does have a point about the infectious nature of hope and how Kouta has been the source of spreading it to the rest of the cast, but because of how far he's gone he fails to realize how it's really a good thing and that humanity's strength lies in their ability to discover, believe, and be empowered by hope. I never thought I'd see a more nuanced and interesting look on the concept of hope from a series by Gen Urobuchi, though after Wizard, it's not like that's really hard to do :p.

Looking forward to the long-awaited return of Armored Rider Zangetsu and his showdown with Shin Zangetsu :buttrock:.