So inferring from that, Roshuo didn't just magically make the missiles disappear, but he redirected them at another random part of the planet, which just so happens to be the USA, leading to nuclear Armageddon there instead of Japan? There's something subliminal in that. :sweat:

As background as it is amidst the strong character focus in the foreground this week, the producers have done a stellar job of conveying the apocalypse in the city. As previously said, they went to town with that part of town with the abandoned vehicles and the convincing portrayal of a ghost town. The inclusion of regular TV news updates is another nice little inclusion for the feeling of authenticity, as is the near empty abandoned shop that Mai was in. I only wonder how Bando is supposed to get any new stocks in fruit anymore when all routes to and from Zawame are blocked, and when the economy in all levels from global to local would have collapsed by now. You're awesome, Bando, but not even you can stay in business in these circumstances!

Am I the only one who noticed the jars and preserves? Apparently Bando was already prepared for the apocalypse, heheh.

As for the America getting nuked by Japan thing, it wasn't Americans' faking surrenders and being dishonorable shits, now was it?

I'd guess it were the military bases that sent the nukes that got nuked, considering how the statue of liberty seemed to be just fine later in the episode, so it doesn't seem like he deliberately targeted large populational centers with those.

Shining~
Aesir's sub mentioned the missiles were just "seen across the continent", so I guess the missile might actually hit somewhere else, heck it might actually go into the sea.

But looking at the characters' reaction, it seems like the missile does hit some parts of USA, though we know The Big Apple isn't one of the areas that got hit.

I wonder what will become of Kouta? Did anyone notice when at the Fruit Bar with Minato and Kaito, Kouta mentioned that he in fact hasn't eaten anything at all the whole day? Is he slowly becoming an Overlord? I notice it was something no one really brought up, though small, I wonder what it means. Anyone have ideas/opinions about this? Just thought I bring it up. AWESOME series by far!!

The new Tendou Souji
In the show? It got mentioned before, when Ryouma was mentioning about how the Sengoku Drivers will eventually replace people's need for food sustenance.

Although considering Kouta couldn't really taste the food 2 episodes ago, it's probably more to that ^^

Shining~
Yeah, the cause is probably half the Driver slowly making him addicted to Lockseeds due to using the feature repeatedly, and half the transformation into an Overlord slowly making him not interested in normal foods anymore.

Now I wonder if we'll ever going to see a scene of Kouta having an interest to eat a raw Lockseed fruit despite wearing a Driver.....that would be a major hint for his transformation into an Overlord.

わたし は ケモノ ライダ!
If they ever come up with a SIC figure of Kiwami Arms, that would be Kouta's Overlord form.

If the world sent that much missiles to wipe out a small, island-city, they probably weren't nukes.

At any rate, the entire idea (and execution) behind the missiles was so stupid. It's best to suspend disbelief on that one.