Lurker
Considering the budget they have, it's pretty amazing how they have gone into an apocalyptic setting.
Takatora walking through the empty city was VERY cool, and I have not seen a global crisis like this since the early Showa era.
They could easily have ignored it and just mentioned that some other countries had been attacked, but no, they actually showed it.

Yuumi Shida's performance in this episode was excellent, and I really hope that she will continue her acting career, because when she is given the right script, she is pretty amazing.
If you haven't done it yet, try looking at her eyes during her conversation with Micchy. She put so much emotion into that scene, and there was a brief moment where she gave Micchy a look, which I think was ten times worse than a slap. I hope I am not the only one who noticed that.

As for the preview. I think it is very predictable what is gonna happen.
Takatora is gonna beat up Micchy, but hesitates during the final blow, allowing Micchy a chance to strike back, and the scene will end with Takatora managing to destroy the Genesis Driver before Micchy escapes.

At the same time the whole thing with Mai, Micchy and Kouta i really coming to ahead and this was great episode, cannot wait til next week

I get the feeling that Redyue will turn Chucky and Rat i to Inves for trying to interfere with her plans.

Plus there's a scan of...
[HIDE]Micchy returning as Zangetsu Shin, so we know his Genesis Driver will be fine.

tumblr_n7sfm91eg91sih9h2o7_1280.jpg[/HIDE]

Technically, if those scans are in order...

[hide] then those scenes with Zangetsu Shin vs Gaim and Baron have to happen next week already, since it's number 1 and the scenes in number 2 and 4 at least are from the movie tie in episode which will be right afterwards.

Hm... I hadn't bothered looking at the text before, but Number 3 seems to talk about a new monster appearing (as in, not an overlord or standard Invess).[/hide]

Last edited:
I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

The world is really at it's worst in Kamen Rider history - I loved how they tried to convey that by showing cracks open all around the world. Redyue attempting to sacrifice the prisoners is definitely upping the stakes since Kouta's sister is mixed in with it. And man, it's been a while since we've seen Rika and Rat.

Takatora walking through Zawame's isolated streets was very well-done. They did a good job of making it look like a post-apocalyptic setting. I got Faiz vibes when he saw Kouta hanging out with Minato, though I'm glad to see that Takatora will meet up with Kouta next week.

Man, all the scenes with Mitchi were intense. His allusions to Noah's Ark to the team Gaim members, his attempt to having Mai join him. That was all very well done, and the action in this episode truly came from the dialogue.

And finally, what we have all been waiting for - Mitchi reveals himself to Kouta. Such a good scene. Couldn't have thought of a better way to do it.

Also the fight with Gurinsha at the start was awesome, Kiwami has used every weapon now I believe.

^He's still got to use the Pine Iron, Ichigo Kunai and Kurumi Bombers by my reckoning. But seeing as he debuted Kurokage Shin's Kagematsu ahead of time I'll let him off.

^He's still got to use the Pine Iron, Ichigo Kunai and Kurumi Bombers by my reckoning. But seeing as he debuted Kurokage Shin's Kagematsu ahead of time I'll let him off.

Oh right, I forgot about the Kurumi Bombers. As for the other two, I swear I saw him fire them out of the DJ Jyuu when he used the Pine and Ichigo lockseeds on it. I could be wrong though. Either way, he hasn't used them as just weapons so I guess it doesn't count.

And Suika Sojinto, if he can. :laugh: I'd love to see him try though!

Lurker
I think I have never seen such scale of apocaliptic destruction in Rider since I dunno, RX. Seeing the cracks open around the world and Zawame all wrecked and deserted like that was incredible! Urobuchi is definitely my favorite writer right now, I hope they can convince him to work on tokusatsu more often, if not Rider then maybe Sentai. I'd love to see him do his thing on Sentai.

Micchi finally comes out, and well... I was feeling the same way as Minato about Kouta's insistence on trusting him. "See it already you dense orange motherlover, he's not your friend anymore!" but I guess a kick to the face can make you see something really is up.
The scene with Mai was great, mad props to her actress for the performance. I was laughing out loud at Micchi for not getting what he wanted, and the way she portrayed it made me feel even happier.

Next week we get the shin Zangetsu back, yay! :laugh: Can't wait to see Takatora kick his brother's butt, even if it seems he won't be offed yet.

Speaking of Takatora... Great to see someone doesn't trust Minato. The show is acnowledging she did a bunch of wrong stuff, and if that is the case then it wasn't just "Oh, she's following a good guy so she's a good guy now". I'm glad, so glad! EDIT: so, after the subs, Kaito has actually called her out on it too. Great!

Last edited:
Lurker
Takatora's death is only going to fuel my hatred for Micchy.... If he's going to die, then it better be a drive for Kouta to kick his ass. :mad:

Micchi doesn't deserve a friend like Kouta. Despite all the crap he pulled, Kouta still believes in him. It's just sad that it took a kick to the head for Kouta to finally see Micchi for the backstabber that he is.

Okayy.... What "scale of apocalyptic destruction" are you guys talking about? This is like... the end of every Sentai, give-or-take, for the past 20 years, or the beginning of Kyoryuger and Gokaiger.